Mink's Escort Service

Moderator: Augur

Mink's Escort Service

Postby EBAH » Sat Oct 08, 2016 12:41 am

Local Conditions wrote:Merctown
  • Location: Ruins of Wickliffe, Kentucky (on the Mississippi, 40 miles west of Merctown)
  • Population: 300 (permanent)
  • Time: 2017 September 6 110 PA
  • Ley Line Activity: None within miles
  • Weather: Heavy clouds, 48F, moderate wind, heavy rain (1000' visibility)


Interactive Map: https://drive.google.com/open?id=15YRfdB5nmD9arUkZEWncPg2b-Cc&usp=sharing

TROUBLED TIMES...CAUGHT BETWEEN CONFUSIONS AND PAIN, PAIN, PAIN
With the rain swollen Mississippi raging, the small ferry that Mink and her "cargo" were riding in rocked violently. The rain and river water smashed into the hover car's windows. It leaked inside, leaving a film of water on the floorboards. The rain and poor visibility made a hover crossing even more treacherous than this rickety barge.

The leaks came through fresh holes in the windows and doors. They were a day away from Merctown, and the trek in wilds had not been without incident. Mink was escorting a rogue banker with access codes to unlock a large sum of money from the NG bank. The bounty on him had been kept quiet, only a handful of reliable honest bounty hunters were tipped to this job. Dugan over at Escanaba NG Bounty Registry Office claims he only told Mink about it, any competition would have come from other agencies.

Sure enough, there had been a couple other interested parties. One of them was kind enough to loan this patrol car to Mink. The thin dirty banker in the back was pounding on the armored partition with promises of millions of credits in all sorts of currency, he offered black market credits, standard credits, and double if he could pay in NGMI, he even tried gold and jewels. Of course all he had were promises, his skinny ass didn't even have a proper suit of body armor, much less buckets of precious stones.

Mink's feelers in the intelligence community around Merctown were indicating some increased NG activity in the last week or so. She's much less attuned to the dirty word on the street, but the rumors there too indicate of some serious crap going down. There are supposedly multiple gangs, the Black Market, and probably Northern Gun itself involved if the wildest rumors are true all after something. The day she left, the streets were abuzz with wild stories of one of the local merc outfits fighting an unknown gang of full conversion borgs in broad daylight, with much damage. The more fantastical of them say the mercs only had a vibro knife and a psi-sword against four blue type full conversions and some strange four armed versions. But the really interesting part of all those rumors, is that they were all fighting over some top secret Northern Gun robot or power armor. It must truly be a top secret tech if Mink doesn't know about it.

Rumors aside, the fact was she is supposed to deliver this guy straight to the bank's main branch, and she has a number to call regardless of the hour. Now, getting to Merctown on a stormy night like this could be...special.

What are you doing?
I'm so foulably human, I pick the lock but will not turn the key. ~ Bad Religion

ImageImage
User avatar
EBAH
Game Master
 
Posts: 1088
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:49 pm
Location: PFRPG GM; gamenoid420

Re: Mink's Escort Service

Postby Mink » Sat Oct 08, 2016 12:37 pm

Perception: 1d20+5 = 15:
10
=+5=20 (if it involves magic lore, demon/monster lore, and psychic lore items)
JIC: 1d20:
19
,1d100:
17

Conditions: Wearing Night Reaper PA. has Multi-Optics System, Audio Amplification System. Ups her weight to above 550 pounds.

Still wearing the stealth power armor she wears like body armor, Mink is careful not to grip the wheel too tightly. She could literally crush it with the enhanced strength of her suit. Her suit's optics allowed her to not use the crappy vehicle's lights. Getting across the river was merely step one, but one had to pay attention to the steps to complete the dance, after all. Ignoring her captive was simple, even without killing her external audio pickup. She had for more important things to worry about. Ambushing her as soon as they are on land is the play she'd make. Of course even if they were to get dumped in the water, Mink had no concerns short of being swallowed by a river monster. Her target, however, was much less protected. Only the robe she wears over her armor was getting wet. Everything else was either water proof or it didn't matter. "I suggest you be quiet back there. In case you hadn't noticed, we're in a bit of a pickle. I'm good if we crash. You're not." She'd picked up the slang in Ishpeming. It meant being in a tough or precarious situation. She found she liked it. Slang and accent were always the hardest to learn. Her voice is calm and clear, despite the rough conditions.

The rumors about the fight with the borgs was amusing. Psi-sword fairly well limited the options for who it could be. A master psychic could be the culprit, but Mink doubted it. Few psychics had the kind of training she did, especially master psychics. And taking on even one borg takes skill. More likely was a cyber-knight. In which case eight at once might be a stretch, but two or three would make sense, given just how capable they are rumored to be. The one solid briefing she had on them was footage from Tolkien where a group of 8 was against an entire armored company of coalition forces. It had been absolutely amazing. Like watching a juicer doing ballet. She'd seen one other fight against a magic user and had seen their weakness. They were good against technology. They were capable period, but against tech using foes they were amazing.

Hover Craft (Ground) 90%/1d100:
65
- to get across the river in one piece PASS!
Lore: Magic -General Knowledge: 60%/1d100:
5
- identifying things PASS!
Lore: Demons & Monsters 65%/1d100:
23
- identifying things PASS!
Sensory Equipment 45%/1d100:
83
- Make out anything with visual and audio sensors (to help verify something I might have perceived via perception) Fail - of course not!
Mink, Freelance Intelligence Operative
Image Image
Current Identity: Mink
User avatar
Mink
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 141
Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:04 pm
Location: Rifts PC

Re: Mink's Escort Service

Postby EBAH » Thu Oct 13, 2016 4:08 pm

Local Conditions wrote:Merctown
  • Location: Ruins of Wickliffe, Kentucky (on the Mississippi, 40 miles west of Merctown)
  • Population: 300 (permanent)
  • Time: 2123 September 6 110 PA
  • Ley Line Activity: None within miles
  • Weather: Heavy clouds, 48F, moderate wind, heavy rain (1000' visibility)


Interactive Map: https://drive.google.com/open?id=15YRfdB5nmD9arUkZEWncPg2b-Cc&usp=sharing

BLAME IT ON THE WEATHER, BUT I'M A MESS
Seriously though, it really was the weather. Mink made terrible time because she couldn't see. The road was overgrown and it was cluttered with deadfall. It was a hard road on wheels, but generally not so bad with a hover craft. With the rain sleeting down, leaves flitting back and forth in the dark, and branches scraping across the car, it was hard for her to see the obstacles before they were right in front of the vehicle. For some reason, the sensors in Mink's helmet weren't working either. One of those frustrating glitches so common with high tech equipment. UI/UX design is not a real strong suit of most modern manufacturers.

The jerky flight elicits a large amount of whining from her captive. He does kind of shut up, his yelling turning into a fairly aggressive whimper, after Mink chastises him. To his credit, he seems to know that the calm, capable type of bounty hunter is the most deadly.

With the available sensory input so limited - i.e. Mink can't see worth crap and the rain and wind are messing with hearing and smells - it's hard to pinpoint any dangerous creatures nearby. She is able to construct a mental list of the dangerous megafauna in the neighborhood. Mostly it's rhino buffalo, but a few more rare beasts are running around.

About an hour - and only 10 miles out - Mink's sixth sense screams at her a warning: DANGER!

What are you doing?
I'm so foulably human, I pick the lock but will not turn the key. ~ Bad Religion

ImageImage
User avatar
EBAH
Game Master
 
Posts: 1088
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:49 pm
Location: PFRPG GM; gamenoid420

Re: Mink's Escort Service

Postby Mink » Sat Oct 15, 2016 11:17 pm

Perception: 1d20+5 = 15:
10
+5=20 (if it involves a creature I think should be here, since I remember attack patterns and hunting methods)
JIC: 1d20:
3
, 1d100:
6

Initiative: 1d20+10 = 26:
16

Effects: Sixth Sense (1st Melee; -2 ISP): +6 on initiative roll, +2 to parry, +3 to dodge and the character can not be surprised by a sneak attack from behind.

One of the tricks of her psychic awareness comes into play during ambushes. Everything slows down so she can react quicker and remain more calm and focused. As she drinks in the scene, she is reminded of the first rule when driving a convoy and coming under fire: Advance at best speed while being evasive. Thankfully the jerky vehicle should be able to be used to dodge easily, as long as it jerks in a way that helps her. Ready to avoid a charge from a Rhino-Buffalo or some other beast, she remains mobile and ready to move. Fighting isn't an option. She can only hope she can get away from whatever is hunting her before it destroys the fragile vehicle. It would be much faster with the whiny merchant in a vehicle. In a voice that is far too calm for the situation, she calls out to her riding companion. "Better grab on to something or at least tuck your head down. I think we're about to be shot or charged."

Action 1: Dodge 1d20+12 = 17:
5
; Pilot Hover Craft (Ground) 90%/1d100:
89
PASS!
Action 2: Activate See the Invisible (60 ft; -4 ISP)
Action 3: Dodge 1d20+12 = 19:
7
; Pilot Hover Craft (Ground) 90%/1d100:
20
PASS!
Action 4: Dodge 1d20+12 = 32:
20
; Pilot Hover Craft (Ground) 90%/1d100:
25
PASS!
Action 5: Intelligence 70%/1d100:
70
- to look for signs of intelligent life forms, or if present to determine who leads them. PASS!
Action 6: Dodge 1d20+12 = 31:
19
; Pilot Hover Craft (Ground) 90%/1d100:
16
PASS!
Action 7: Dodge 1d20+12 = 26:
14
; Pilot Hover Craft (Ground) 90%/1d100:
82
PASS!
Action 8: Dodge 1d20+12 = 15:
3
; Pilot Hover Craft (Ground) 90%/1d100:
76
PASS!
Mink, Freelance Intelligence Operative
Image Image
Current Identity: Mink
User avatar
Mink
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 141
Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:04 pm
Location: Rifts PC

Re: Mink's Escort Service

Postby EBAH » Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:29 pm

Local Conditions wrote:Merctown
  • Location: Ruins of Wickliffe, Kentucky (on the Mississippi, 40 miles west of Merctown)
  • Population: 300 (permanent)
  • Time: 2123:15 (Round 1) September 6 110 PA
  • Ley Line Activity: None within miles
  • Weather: Heavy clouds, 48F, moderate wind, heavy rain (1000' visibility)


Interactive Map: https://drive.google.com/open?id=15YRfdB5nmD9arUkZEWncPg2b-Cc&usp=sharing

FFFWHOOOOOOOOMMMMMMM!!!!!! A large blast of concussive air and molten shrapnel fire lights up the night. There is a lot of pinging and shaking but Mink's driving skill and quick reflexes avoid any real damage. The little hover car banks almost 75 degrees to the left rattling around anything loose inside, included unsecured cargo.

"Ahhhh!!!! What the fu---------- BANG!---ouch!" the passenger shouts from the back, but he otherwise keeps his mouth shut. The lightshow outside is plenty evidence that he has a lot more to be thankful for than to complain about.

As the craft rights itself, Mink takes a brief moment to observe the surroundings. Darkness and rain obscure most of the countryside. There's a molten hole 50 yards behind the zooming car. It was a proximity mine, probably plasma given the size and brightness. Mink's psychic powers don't reveal any ethereal beings or mystically hidden dangers.

Mink zigs and zags along the stretch of road, her psychic alarm bells ringing. She's in full control of the vehicle and deftly avoids a half dozen energy blasts. It was an ambush, sure enough. But Mink's vast military experience tells her that the ambushers (probably two, maybe three) were not nearly as trained. Their shooting wasn't actually that bad, but she was just better.

The road is laser straight. Mink has put enough distance between the shooters that to fire at her again, they would need to get out in the road itself. They don't.

What are you doing?
I'm so foulably human, I pick the lock but will not turn the key. ~ Bad Religion

ImageImage
User avatar
EBAH
Game Master
 
Posts: 1088
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:49 pm
Location: PFRPG GM; gamenoid420

Re: Mink's Escort Service

Postby Mink » Thu Oct 27, 2016 5:58 am

Perception: (See EP Request here for automatic critical success.)
JIC: 1d20:
2
, 1d100:
20


Total Recall: (2 ISP to recall something specific)

Using her uncanny ability to remember everything in detail, Mink looks back over the scene as she swerved through it to figure out of the road north had looked safe. If she was fairly confident of this, she whips the hovercar around, lifts to max height, and charges back through the intersection, keeping to her previous path as much as possible. They would have to be displacing and certainly wouldn't expect her to come back at them. The obvious play would be to keep going. She couldn't make that call unless she had no choice. Juking and charging, she guns the vehicle forward on her intended course. "Hang on back there!" she calls back.

Initiative: 1d20+5 = 8:
3

Action 1: Is the course clear? Perception and Total Recall
    Contingency: Safe-ish:
    Turn around and power through intersection at maximum height and head north at max speed.
    Contingency: Not so Safe:
    Throttle to max sustainable and go east at best speed.
Action 2: Drive Hover Craft (Ground) 90%/1d100:
25
and Dodge 1d20+9 = 23:
14
; Roll with Impact: 1d20+10 = 20:
10
if hit with an explosive or kinetic force
Action 3: Drive Hover Craft (Ground) 90%/1d100:
74
and Dodge 1d20+9 = 20:
11
; Roll with Impact: 1d20+10 = 26:
16
if hit with an explosive or kinetic force
Action 4: Drive Hover Craft (Ground) 90%/1d100:
48
and Dodge 1d20+9 = 21:
12
; Roll with Impact: 1d20+10 = 20:
10
if hit with an explosive or kinetic force
Action 5: Drive Hover Craft (Ground) 90%/1d100:
25
and Dodge 1d20+9 = 27:
18
; Roll with Impact: 1d20+10 = 26:
16
if hit with an explosive or kinetic force
Action 6: Drive Hover Craft (Ground) 90%/1d100:
36
and Dodge 1d20+9 = 18:
9
; Roll with Impact: 1d20+10 = 27:
17
if hit with an explosive or kinetic force
Action 7: Drive Hover Craft (Ground) 90%/1d100:
15
and Dodge 1d20+9 = 22:
13
; Roll with Impact: 1d20+10 = 12:
2
if hit with an explosive or kinetic force
Action 8: Drive Hover Craft (Ground) 90%/1d100:
3
and Dodge 1d20+9 = 15:
6
; Roll with Impact: 1d20+10 = 24:
14
if hit with an explosive or kinetic force
Mink, Freelance Intelligence Operative
Image Image
Current Identity: Mink
User avatar
Mink
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 141
Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:04 pm
Location: Rifts PC

Re: Mink's Escort Service

Postby EBAH » Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:39 pm

Local Conditions wrote:Merctown
  • Location: Ruins of Wickliffe, Kentucky (on the Mississippi, 40 miles west of Merctown)
  • Population: 300 (permanent)
  • Time: 2124 September 6 110 PA
  • Ley Line Activity: None within miles
  • Weather: Heavy clouds, 48F, moderate wind, heavy rain (1000' visibility)


Interactive Map: https://drive.google.com/open?id=15YRfdB5nmD9arUkZEWncPg2b-Cc&usp=sharing

The image of the crossroad snaps into Mink's mind. It is cluttered and clogged by debris. The hover car could safely pass, but slowly, similar to the route she's on. That stuff is easy to remember, with or without her mental powers. But her mental energy is well spent. On the norther spur of that road, she sees the windshields and upper fairings of two NG-480 Turbo Hovercycles. They are nearly impossible to spot in the rain and wind, but the unnatural position of the leaves "hovering" in air while stuck on the windshield was enough to get her critical thinking process kicked into high gear.

As yet no pilots are visible.

What are you doing?
I'm so foulably human, I pick the lock but will not turn the key. ~ Bad Religion

ImageImage
User avatar
EBAH
Game Master
 
Posts: 1088
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:49 pm
Location: PFRPG GM; gamenoid420

Re: Mink's Escort Service

Postby Mink » Sat Nov 05, 2016 11:35 pm

Perception: 1d20+5 = 13:
8
+5=18 (if it involves magic lore, demon/monster lore, and psychic lore items)
JIC: 1d20:
13
, 1d100:
44


(Previous unused driving rolls carried forward)
Mink floors it after giving her passenger a short warning of "Hold on!" She guns it, keeping evasive before swinging the car north through the intersection. She lands the car on TOP of one of the hovering bikes, trying to leave the other able to ridden off still. "Hold on back there. We're switching vehicles. If you think of running I will shoot your leg off."

Initiative: 1d20+5 = 20:
15

Action 1: Drive Hover Craft (Ground) 90%/Original post: 1d100:
25
and Dodge Original post: 1d20+9 = 23:
14
; Roll with Impact: Original post: 1d20+10 = 20:
10
if hit with an explosive or kinetic force
Action 2: Drive Hover Craft (Ground) 90%/Original post: 1d100:
74
and Dodge Original post: 1d20+9 = 20:
11
; Roll with Impact: Original post: 1d20+10 = 26:
16
if hit with an explosive or kinetic force
Action 3: Drive Hover Craft (Ground) 90%/Original post: 1d100:
48
and Dodge Original post: 1d20+9 = 21:
12
; Roll with Impact: Original post: 1d20+10 = 20:
10
if hit with an explosive or kinetic force
Action 4: Drive Hover Craft (Ground) 90%/Original post: 1d100:
25
and Dodge Original post: 1d20+9 = 27:
18
; Roll with Impact: Original post: 1d20+10 = 26:
16
if hit with an explosive or kinetic force
Action 5: Drive Hover Craft (Ground) 90%/Original post: 1d100:
36
and Dodge Original post: 1d20+9 = 18:
9
; Roll with Impact: Original post: 1d20+10 = 27:
17
if hit with an explosive or kinetic force
Action 6: Drive Hover Craft (Ground) 90%/Original post: 1d100:
15
and Dodge Original post: 1d20+9 = 22:
13
; Roll with Impact: Original post: 1d20+10 = 12:
2
if hit with an explosive or kinetic force
Action 7: Drive Hover Craft (Ground) 90%/Original post: 1d100:
3
(Crit success) and Dodge Original post: 1d20+9 = 15:
6
; Roll with Impact: Original post: 1d20+10 = 24:
14
if hit with an explosive or kinetic force
Action 8: Land hovercraft on top of one of the bikes while leaving the other open to being jumped on. Hover Craft (Ground) 90%/1d100:
8
(Crit success) and Dodge 1d20+9 = 19:
10
; Roll with Impact: 1d20+10 = 20:
10
if hit with an explosive or kinetic force (like the crash into the one bike)
Mink, Freelance Intelligence Operative
Image Image
Current Identity: Mink
User avatar
Mink
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 141
Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:04 pm
Location: Rifts PC

Re: Mink's Escort Service

Postby EBAH » Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:29 pm

Local Conditions wrote:Merctown
  • Location: Ruins of Wickliffe, Kentucky (on the Mississippi, 40 miles west of Merctown)
  • Population: 300 (permanent)
  • Time: 2125 September 6 110 PA
  • Ley Line Activity: None within miles
  • Weather: Heavy clouds, 48F, moderate wind, heavy rain (1000' visibility)


Interactive Map: https://drive.google.com/open?id=15YRfdB5nmD9arUkZEWncPg2b-Cc&usp=sharing

Mink turns the hover car around in the raging storm and backtracks towards the junction. The thrusters kick up rooster tails of water and steam as she serpentines along the road. The rain continues to pound down, deadening all the sounds along the forlorn road.

"Hold on to what???" the prisoner cries out from the back. No thought of running seems to be on his mind as he scrambles in the backseat for god knows what is about to happen. Strapped into her seat in addition to being wedged in tight by her armor, Mink stays nice and steady as she punches the car upwards in a violent maneuver.

But it's the down that causes the most consternation. She brings the car down HARD on the hoverbike. She feels that sickening crunch that only happens when two vehicles smash together. The bike tips over under the car as both lurch sideways. The car comes to a rest balanced on the right rear corner, her dash shows three of the thrusters on the underside show critical failure. The car won't fly again without repairs. Thankfully, neither will the hover cycle.

The other bike sits unharmed not ten feet away.

What are you doing?
I'm so foulably human, I pick the lock but will not turn the key. ~ Bad Religion

ImageImage
User avatar
EBAH
Game Master
 
Posts: 1088
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:49 pm
Location: PFRPG GM; gamenoid420

Re: Mink's Escort Service

Postby Mink » Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:01 am

Perception: 1d20+5 = 8:
3
+5=13 (if it involves magic lore, demon/monster lore, and psychic lore items)
JIC: 1d20:
16
, 1d100:
70


Mink unlocks her door and the exterior lock for her passenger (figure it has the equivalent of child locks I activated long ago) and hops out giving the hovercycle a quick look. Given that there was no explosion when she crashed into the other one, she figures it's likely safe enough. Stowing her scythe (I figure it has a storage mode) and backpack on her back, she moves to mount the bike and bring it closer to the car before extracting her prisoner and setting him in front of her.
Contingency:
-If we manage to get mounted:
Once they are on, she growls to him. "Hold on or you're dead."
-If we get shot at:
Mink ducks the incoming fire while pulling her bounty from the car and slinging him over the bike in front of her. She'll put herself between him and incoming fire, but try to avoid being shot if possible. Escape is her goal, and nothing will get in the way of that. She sends the bike rocketing north along the road for a short distance, with her passenger in front of her.

Initiative: 1d20+5 = 23:
18

Action 1: Stow backpack and scythe and unlock car
Action 2: Exit car; Parry: 1d20+9 = 14:
5

Action 3: Mount bike; Parry: 1d20+9 = 14:
5

Action 4: Move bike near car; Parry: 1d20+9 = 29:
20

Action 5: Extract prisoner and put him in front of me. Abort to duck and/or cover him on bike if necessary Dodge: 1d20+9 = 22:
13
; Parry (to cover him or to parry a melee attack): 1d20+9 = 17:
8

Action 6: Get bike going north. Abort to duck and/or cover him on bike if necessary Dodge: 1d20+9 = 11:
2
& Drive Hover Craft (Ground) 90%/1d100:
23
; Parry (to cover him or to parry a melee attack): 1d20+9 = 28:
19

Action 7: Drive evasively north. Dodge: 1d20+9 = 16:
7
& Drive Hover Craft (Ground) 90%/1d100:
88
; Parry (to cover him or to parry a melee attack): 1d20+9 = 18:
9

Action 8: Drive evasively north. Dodge: 1d20+9 = 20:
11
& Drive Hover Craft (Ground) 90%/1d100:
83
; Parry (to cover him or to parry a melee attack): 1d20+9 = 19:
10
Mink, Freelance Intelligence Operative
Image Image
Current Identity: Mink
User avatar
Mink
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 141
Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:04 pm
Location: Rifts PC

Re: Mink's Escort Service

Postby EBAH » Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:28 pm

Local Conditions wrote:Merctown
  • Location: Ruins of Wickliffe, Kentucky (on the Mississippi, 40 miles west of Merctown)
  • Population: 300 (permanent)
  • Time: 2126 September 6 110 PA
  • Ley Line Activity: None within miles
  • Weather: Heavy clouds, 48F, moderate wind, heavy rain (1000' visibility)


Interactive Map: https://drive.google.com/open?id=15YRfdB5nmD9arUkZEWncPg2b-Cc&usp=sharing

Mink zooms away from the trashed vehicles. The speed and maneuverability of the hover cycle a welcome change from the sluggish hover car. The prisoner in front of her is huddled up and holding on for dear life. Traversing the road is also much easier with the cycle's higher altitude ceiling.

The trees are still thick on either side, but if she pops over the tops she can see some farmland intermingled here and there. The terrain is flattened out somewhat by her night vision equipment, the rain doesn't help with visibility either. She is able to run confidently without any headlights though. The strong wind buffets her about and despite Mink's considerably skill she nearly crashes into the trees more than once. Her frightened passenger groans and shivers. His trip just got a whole lot worse, he's now soaking wet.

She rapidly leaves behind the shouts of her ambushers behind her as they realize what happened. A few long range laser shots chase her down the road, but they had no hope of hitting Mink.

They were shouting at each other in Euro.

Mink can't hear every word clearly, she can make out:

Gregor! She got away! Get Hans, he's watching ---- if she stays on that road he will see her soon.

Yes, leader, I will do as you ask. Should I also call Fritz for pickup?

No, we must destroy the wreckage and get away from here. Give to me the fusion block.

What are you doing?
I'm so foulably human, I pick the lock but will not turn the key. ~ Bad Religion

ImageImage
User avatar
EBAH
Game Master
 
Posts: 1088
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:49 pm
Location: PFRPG GM; gamenoid420

Re: Mink's Escort Service

Postby Mink » Mon Nov 21, 2016 7:06 am

Perception: 1d20+5 = 14:
9
+5=19 (if it involves magic lore, demon/monster lore, and psychic lore items)
JIC: 1d20:
3
, 1d100:
81


Intelligence 70%/1d100:
89
- Who the hell are these guys?

Once clear of them, Mink slows down to a hover. She removes the cloak from her power armor, revealing it to her prisoner. The Northern Gun stealth power armor was not a comforting sight. The thick wool cloak, however, would be a welcome reprieve for the soaked man. "Stay still and I will get you something to be warmer with." The inside of the cloak would be warm with the heat build up from the armor under the cloak. She puts it on him, and then wraps it around him and ties it off so there is not a bunch of extra flapping around to get in her face or cause too much drag. As she does, thinks about her way forward. So north leads to Hans... are these guys German or just some of the many german descended folk living in this area of the world? Within a moment she is up and going. She goes to tree top level and heads back to her original heading. It would be tough over the trees with this wind, but better than running into another ambush. She keeps her speed slow enough to have control, but fast enough not to linger. Once on her original heading on the road, she keeps to the road heading east towards Merctown going as fast as she dares. She only hopes she can get past the next intersection too.

Pilot Hover Craft (Ground) 90%/1d100:
85
, 1d100:
40
, 1d100:
33
, 1d100:
43
, 1d100:
25
, 1d100:
61
, 1d100:
88
, 1d100:
24

Dodge or Parry: 1d20+9 = 17:
8
, 1d20+9 = 12:
3
, 1d20+9 = 19:
10
, 1d20+9 = 15:
6
, 1d20+9 = 17:
8
, 1d20+9 = 19:
10
, 1d20+9 = 22:
13
, 1d20+9 = 14:
5
Mink, Freelance Intelligence Operative
Image Image
Current Identity: Mink
User avatar
Mink
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 141
Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:04 pm
Location: Rifts PC

Re: Mink's Escort Service

Postby EBAH » Sat Nov 26, 2016 11:44 am

Local Conditions wrote:Merctown
  • Location: Forests West of Merctown (6 miles west of Merctown)
  • Population: 300 (permanent)
  • Time: 2135 September 6 110 PA
  • Ley Line Activity: None within miles
  • Weather: Heavy clouds, 48F, moderate wind, heavy rain (1000' visibility)


Interactive Map: https://drive.google.com/open?id=15YRfdB5nmD9arUkZEWncPg2b-Cc&usp=sharing

Pondering on the identity of the would be ambushers doesn't do Mink any good. Her facts are slim. They had a Euro accent, they were flying American hover bikes. There's no indication of the make of their laser weapons. They were expecting someone to come this way. But she can't pull any inferences from that limited data.

Mink starts to fly along the tree tops, but has a few shaky moments where she almost loses it. The wind and rain have not let up any. She adjusts for the conditions and is zipping along nicely. She's gone almost 15 miles or so miles when her psychic alarm goes off.

Up ahead, about 50' a tiny nearly spherical object pops up over the canopy.
Image
If Mink had to guess, she'd say that she had startled the thing. But why her psychic alarm? It starts to shoot!

A pair of laser blasts sizzle the rain around Mink. Her highly tuned combat reactions track the small laser turret so she knows just were not to be.

Combat Post
What are you doing?
I'm so foulably human, I pick the lock but will not turn the key. ~ Bad Religion

ImageImage
User avatar
EBAH
Game Master
 
Posts: 1088
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:49 pm
Location: PFRPG GM; gamenoid420

Re: Mink's Escort Service

Postby Mink » Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:43 am

Perception: 1d20+5 = 18:
13
+5=23 (if it involves magic lore, demon/monster lore, and psychic lore items)
JIC: 1d20:
18
, 1d100:
25

Effects: Sixth Sense (1st Melee; -2 ISP): +6 on initiative roll, +2 to parry, +3 to dodge and the character can not be surprised by a sneak attack from behind.

Cursing using idioms instinctively taken from her time in Ishpeming, Mink heads away from the bot and towards the road itself, seeking to catch back up with that. Her maneuvers are evasive and as fast as she can manage safely. "Keep your head down and hold on." she warns her captive.
Initiative: 1d20+11 = 25:
14

Action 1: Draw Pistol (drawing power from suit; unlimited ammo)
Action 2: Shoot Bot 1d20+5 = 10:
5
5d6:
2, 6, 5, 4, 5
M.D.; Control Roll: Pilot Hover Craft (Ground) 90%/1d100:
2
- Critical SUCCESS
Action 3: Dodge 1d20+12 = 32:
20
and drive away: Pilot Hover Craft (Ground) 90%/1d100:
23
- PASS
Action 4: Shoot Bot 1d20+5 = 13:
8
5d6:
2, 1, 3, 3, 5
M.D.; Control Roll: Pilot Hover Craft (Ground) 90%/1d100:
85
- PASS
Action 5: Dodge 1d20+12 = 17:
5
and drive away: Pilot Hover Craft (Ground) 90%/1d100:
53
- PASS
Action 6: Shoot Bot 1d20+5 = 23:
18
5d6:
1, 6, 4, 1, 5
M.D.; Control Roll: Pilot Hover Craft (Ground) 90%/1d100:
63
- PASS
Action 7: Dodge 1d20+12 = 24:
12
and drive away: Pilot Hover Craft (Ground) 90%/1d100:
80
- PASS
Action 8: Dodge 1d20+12 = 27:
15
and drive away: Pilot Hover Craft (Ground) 90%/1d100:
67
- PASS
Mink, Freelance Intelligence Operative
Image Image
Current Identity: Mink
User avatar
Mink
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 141
Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:04 pm
Location: Rifts PC

Re: Mink's Escort Service

Postby EBAH » Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:54 pm

Local Conditions wrote:Merctown
  • Location: Forests West of Merctown (6 miles west of Merctown)
  • Population: 300 (permanent)
  • Time: 2150 September 6 110 PA
  • Ley Line Activity: None within miles
  • Weather: Heavy clouds, 48F, moderate wind, heavy rain (1000' visibility)


Interactive Map: https://drive.google.com/open?id=15YRfdB5nmD9arUkZEWncPg2b-Cc&usp=sharing

Mink's piloting and shooting skills are enough to keep the weird robot probe thing on the defensive too. She doesn't hit, but her few shots are close enough that it goes evasive. It fires a few distracting blasts from it's own energy weapons, but Mink nimbly moves the bike out of the way. It is clear the thing is not gunning for a fight, instead it races off as fast as it can, dropping to the tree tops. It's heading northwest at an decent speed. Mink's new ride could catch it, no problem.

Mink's choice to find the road again is very prudent, showing her professionalism, there was not reason to keep that fight going.

It only takes a few minutes to find the road even at a reduced speed. By keeping her altitude just at the tree top level, and her heading following the road, Mink makes very good time despite the horrible weather. The rain seems to slacken as she nears the city, but the wind keeps buffeting her and her prisoner around quite a bit.

Finally the trees drop away from below the hover bike and she's in the clearing surrounding Merctown proper. Her radio picks up the air traffic controllers guiding some of the heavier air traffic in. There's also the usual warning about weapons and power armor and robots and playing nice. There are an understandably small amount of air vehicles about right now, ground traffic in the outskirts is similarly light.

The bright lights of the Merctown wall are shining almost as bright as ever. It's kind of welcoming.

What are you doing?
I'm so foulably human, I pick the lock but will not turn the key. ~ Bad Religion

ImageImage
User avatar
EBAH
Game Master
 
Posts: 1088
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:49 pm
Location: PFRPG GM; gamenoid420

Re: Mink's Escort Service

Postby Mink » Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:13 pm

Perception: 1d20+5 = 25:
20
(NAT 20!)/+5=30 if it involves Magic, Monster, and Psionics
JIC: 1d20:
5
, 1d100:
14

Intelligence 70%/1d100:
18
- Where do I drop this guy off? - SUCCESS
Streetwise 30%/1d100:
93
- Keep an eye out for lookouts, ambushes, and thieves. - Fail!
Radio: Basic 85%/1d100:
98
- Listen for NGMI ads or bounty office listings - Fail!
Total Recall (2) - where the hell do I take this guy?
Lore: Demons & Monsters 65%/1d100:
46
- Any threats? - SUCCESS
Lore: Magic - General Knowledge: 60% /1d100:
51
- Any threats? - SUCCESS

Mink racks her brain, trying to figure out where she needs to take this reprobate. Once she's figured it out, she heads that way immediately. She uses her enhanced strength to make sure the prisoner goes no where. If she approaches the front gates, she'll be professional and respectful. She will offer to pay the first officer she sees 50 credits for a pair of zip cuffs.
Mink, Freelance Intelligence Operative
Image Image
Current Identity: Mink
User avatar
Mink
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 141
Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:04 pm
Location: Rifts PC


Return to Adventure Archives: AA Professional Services

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests