Adventure 5: Different Ways

Moderator: Augur

Re: Adventure 5: Different Ways

Postby Felix » Fri Jun 21, 2019 6:08 am

**rolls held**

Felix looks over at Daphne.

*¿De dónde viene ella? ¿Y cómo la extrañé con ese pelo?

He looks at Rocky and says,"Eh.. Señor Roe-key... do we has..eh...how you say...frecuencias de radio seguras... secret...no... secure radio..eh..."

He struggles for the right word. "Eh... signal? No... es frequency, si!" he finally exclaims, satisfied that he has found the correct word.

Saul wrote:
Rocky wrote:“Saul can you brief us on what works against these devils, now the barge has some fire power that we got off world, we need people to man them, can you bring in support when needed, thus freeing us up to do other things? Think about it.

"I'm... not a summoner, I'm afraid. The best I can hope to do is to beg assistance of the Baron, for now."

"What they looks like, Señor Sah-ool?" asks the Flying Tiger helpfully.

Skill Roll
Lore: Demons and Monsters (ID Demons & Monsters by Saul's description) --> 1d100:
/47%]

Saul wrote:Saul smiles. Quietly, he says. "I have no fear for my safety, my friend. Or Rocky's, or Wolcott's. It's others I fear for."

Felix nods, but picks up on the fact that he did not mention the team.

**¿Qué más viste, mi amigo...? he thinks as he looks at Saul's haunted eyes.

Spanish Translations
*Where did she come from? And how did I miss her with that hair?!?
**What else did you see, my friend...?
Miguel "Felix" Reyes
Current Status
S.D.C.: 621/621
H.P.: 37/37
I.S.P.: 123/131

Conditions, Weapons/Armor, Always On, Saving Throw Info
Current Conditions: Psionic Force Field: 120 M.D.C., 18 minutes remaining, hand to hand attacks inflict M.D.C. damage including P.S. bonus!

Weapons and Armor Worn or Carried

Always On:
  • Superior Vision: Can see in the dark 1000 feet (305 m) and has hawk-like vision; see bonuses for initiative. Exceptional long-range, hawk-like vision provides the character with perfect 20/20 vision; can read a small sign or
    recognize a face from up to two miles (3.2 km) away when he concentrates; must have line of sight.

Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: +14%
Magic (varies): +5
Lethal Poison (14+): +6
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +6
Insanity (12+): +4
Psionics (10): +3
Horror Factor (varies): +0
Felix

Postby Saul » Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:44 am

Rolls carried over)

Felix wrote:"What they looks like, Señor Sah-ool?"

Saul thinks for a moment. "My visions were... haphazard, but I will undertake to describe what I saw."

Saul attempts to describe any of the monsters, Demons, or Deevils he witnessed, to the best of his ability.

Intelligence 32% 1d100:
(remember what he saw - FAIL)
Intelligence 32% 1d100:
(FAIL)
Intelligence 32% 1d100:
(FAIL)

Lore: Demons & Monsters 30% 1d100:
(identify what he saw, if possible - FAIL)
(FAIL)
(SUCCESS)
Saul, The Simian Sorceror
OOC Comments

H.P.: 24/24
S.D.C.: 27/27
P.P.E.: 91/107
I.S.P.: 81/81

Mage Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helm: 50/50
Arms: 25/25 each
Legs: 45/45 each
Main Body: 90/90
TW Features:
1st TW Feature: Armor of Ithan (10)
2nd TW Feature: Shadow Meld (10)
Saul

Postby Ernstweavel » Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:20 pm

( ROLLS CARRIED OVER )

"I am sure between all of us here, we can determine what it is that you saw." Ernstweavel listens to Saul's explanation of the demons in his vision. He goes through all his information that he has learned. If Ernstweavel is able to identify the monsters in question, then he will relay what he found to the others.

Skill Rolls
Lore: Demons & Monsters 70% / 1d100:
-to determine what Saul has explained.
Lore: Faeries & Creatures of Magic 55% / 1d100:
- to determine what Saul has explained.
P.P.E.: 173 / 173
H.P.: 31 / 31
S.D.C.: 31 / 31
Ernstweavel
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Rocky » Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:53 pm

(((Rolls Carry Over)))
Rolls for Rocky view of Demons and Devils

When Rocky comes out of meditations he mentions what he saw.

Identify Type:90% 1d100:
Rocky
Stats & Stuff
P.P.E.: 11
I.S.P.: 216
H.P.: 49
S.D.C.: 81
Active Powers
Heightened Presence Sense:Range: 70’, 76% for precise # and pinpoint location of presence
Duration: constant, auto sense all presences concentrate 1d4 melees to get exact location
Horror Factor: 14 when intangible
Sense Supernatural Evil Range: 1000' costant
Sense Magic Energy Range: 1900' constant
Sixth Sense
Shadow Cloak M.D.C.: 15
AOI: 60
TW Thunder Gun
Crystal Armor: Main Body: 35, Forcefield: 70
UTI Zapper Gun: 15 shots per E-clip
Crystal Assault Rifle: 40 shots/ must use 8 ISP/shot
2 Phase Swords

Rocky
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Felix » Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:34 am

**rolls held**

Felix looks at Rocky.

*¿Cómo se convierte en un fantasma? No entiendo...

He then looks at Ernstweavel.

"Eh, escuse me Señor Ernesto... I mean to ask you before.. what you have over your shoulder?" he says, pointing at Ernstweavel's Energy Sphere.

He then begins to looks for Daphne... before remembering she has already left.

**Ella no parece ser el tipo hablador.

He then looks at Saul.

"Señor Sah-ool, cuantos años... eh... how many years... you fight in Dweomer? You has mucho experiencia de combate? You say it is en Norteamerica, si?" he asks his friend, hoping to get Saul's mind off of whatever it was that disturbed him so... even if for a moment of respite.

Spanish Translations
* = How does he change into a ghost? I do not understand...
**= She does not seem to be the talkative type
mucho experiencia de combate = much combat experience
Miguel "Felix" Reyes
Current Status

Current Conditions: Psionic Force Field: 120 M.D.C., 18 minutes remaining, hand to hand attacks inflict M.D.C. damage including P.S. bonus!

Always On:
  • Superior Vision: Can see in the dark 1000 feet (305 m) and has hawk-like vision; see bonuses for initiative. Exceptional long-range, hawk-like vision provides the character with perfect 20/20 vision; can read a small sign or
    recognize a face from up to two miles (3.2 km) away when he concentrates; must have line of sight.

Saving Throw Bonuses
Felix

Postby Ernstweavel » Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:14 pm

( ROLLS CARRIED OVER )

Felix wrote:He then looks at Ernstweavel.

"Eh, escuse me Señor Ernesto... I mean to ask you before.. what you have over your shoulder?" he says, pointing at Ernstweavel's Energy Sphere.

Ernstweavel has a slight confused look on his face when Felix asks him a question. He then turns and looks over his shoulder and snaps his head back to face Felix. "Oh, that thing. I forget it's there most of the time. It's called an Energy Sphere. It allows me to use it as an alternate energy source for my magic. Kind of like my very own personal portable ley line. You know, there is a spell that lets me fly like you can. Maybe if I can learn it then maybe we can have a little competition." Ernstweavel ends with a smile.
P.P.E.: 173 / 173
H.P.: 31 / 31
S.D.C.: 31 / 31
Ernstweavel
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Felix » Sun Jun 30, 2019 6:58 am

**rolls held**

Ernstweavel wrote:( ROLLS CARRIED OVER )

Felix wrote:He then looks at Ernstweavel.

Ernstweavel has a slight confused look on his face when Felix asks him a question. He then turns and looks over his shoulder and snaps his head back to face Felix. "Oh, that thing. I forget it's there most of the time. It's called an Energy Sphere. It allows me to use it as an alternate energy source for my magic. Kind of like my very own personal portable ley line. You know, there is a spell that lets me fly like you can. Maybe if I can learn it then maybe we can have a little competition." Ernstweavel ends with a smile.

"Si, Señor Ernesto! We have fun flying! You can make others fly too, or only you? How long it lasts?" he says to Ernstweavel.

*Me pregunto qué tan rápido puede ir?

Spanish Translations
Me pregunto qué tan rápido puede ir? = I wonder how fast he can go?
Miguel "Felix" Reyes
Current Status

Always On:

Saving Throw Bonuses
Felix

Postby Rocky » Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:50 pm

(((Rolls Carry Over)))

Rocky makes sure everyone has the frequencies for their radios and also the secure communications that they use. "There you go you should be all set. The race seems like good thing. but wait till we get away from town.I know Samms and the craft that Daphne uses is fast too."
Last edited by Rocky on Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rocky
Stats & Stuff
P.P.E.: 11
I.S.P.: 216
H.P.: 49
S.D.C.: 81
Active Powers
Heightened Presence Sense:Range: 70’, 76% for precise # and pinpoint location of presence
Duration: constant, auto sense all presences concentrate 1d4 melees to get exact location
Horror Factor: 14 when intangible
Sense Supernatural Evil Range: 1000' costant
Sense Magic Energy Range: 1900' constant
Sixth Sense
Shadow Cloak M.D.C.: 15
AOI: 60
TW Thunder Gun
Crystal Armor: Main Body: 35, Forcefield: 70
UTI Zapper Gun: 15 shots per E-clip
Crystal Assault Rifle: 40 shots/ must use 8 ISP/shot
2 Phase Swords

Rocky
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Saul » Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:50 am

(rolls carried over)

Felix wrote:"Señor Sah-ool, cuantos años... eh... how many years... you fight in Dweomer? You has mucho experiencia de combate? You say it is en Norteamerica, si?"

Saul thinks a moment. "Oh, um... You see, I served in the militia as a way of repaying the Dweomer Institute scholarship... so... I served two years. We saw very minor combat, on just a few occasions. Small skirmishes, which were over quickly. I was never what you might consider a front-line fighter, however. My skills as a healer kept me out of the line of fire, for the most part. I was quite sheltered from harm"

"In point of fact, it was that very shelter that prompted me to go out into the world and seek experiences which push me to better myself. Without necessity, invention cannot occur. My theory is that specific experiences can lend additional intensity to my focused meditation, and further direct my psychic and magical development. I hope to catalog these experiences and the subsequent developments in my abilities, and compile these experiences into a sort of field manual for psychics and sorcerors. I mean to... er... well... You didn't ..." He clears his throat. "Apologies. I can get a bit verbose when I'm talking about my studies. And it usually ends in a field of glazed eyes staring in my direction. I'll make an effort not to go off on tangents."
OOC Comments

Mage Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
TW Features:
Saul

Postby Felix » Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:39 am

**ROLLS HELD**

Saul wrote:Saul thinks a moment. "Oh, um... You see, I served in the militia as a way of repaying the Dweomer Institute scholarship... so... I served two years. We saw very minor combat, on just a few occasions. Small skirmishes, which were over quickly. I was never what you might consider a front-line fighter, however. My skills as a healer kept me out of the line of fire, for the most part. I was quite sheltered from harm"

Felix nods while carefully listening to Saul's story.

*A veces, estar protegido puede ser una bendición, mi amigo thinks the Flying Tiger while remembering his own near-miss with slavery after being betrayed by those who ostensibly did not like the attention he received for helping on the front lines.

Saul wrote:"In point of fact, it was that very shelter that prompted me to go out into the world and seek experiences which push me to better myself. Without necessity, invention cannot occur. My theory is that specific experiences can lend additional intensity to my focused meditation, and further direct my psychic and magical development. I hope to catalog these experiences and the subsequent developments in my abilities, and compile these experiences into a sort of field manual for psychics and sorcerers. I mean to... er... well... You didn't ..." He clears his throat. "Apologies. I can get a bit verbose when I'm talking about my studies. And it usually ends in a field of glazed eyes staring in my direction. I'll make an effort not to go off on tangents."

Felix tries his best to keep up with Saul, and does an admirable job for most of Saul's lecture, but gets lost with some of the terminology. Still, he gets the gist of what the simian is attempting to convey.

"Es no problema, Señor Sah-ool. You like... a scientist, si? I call you, 'Señor Sciencia' now!" he exclaims and suddenly bursts into laughter at his joke.

Secretly, Felix is still a bit concerned about Saul's vision, but his jovial and gregarious nature overrules any lingering concerns - as it often does.

Spanish translations
* = Sometimes, being sheltered can be a blessing, my friend
Miguel "Felix" Reyes
Current Status

Always On:

Saving Throw Bonuses
Felix

Postby Saul » Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:56 pm

(rolls carried over)

Saul smiles as Felix laughs at his own joke. Señor Sciencia... Mr. Scientist? Mr. Science? He chuckles. "Heh." He nods his head at the much bigger cat, still smiling. "Well played, good sir."

I doubt he is familiar with William Blake...

"I'm not skilled with nicknames, but... You remind me of this poem.

"Tyger Tyger, burning bright,
In the forests of the night;
What immortal hand or eye,
Could frame thy fearful symmetry?

In what distant deeps or skies
Burnt the fire of thine eyes?
On what wings dare he aspire?
What the hand, dare seize the fire?"

And, well, it goes on in the vein for some four more stanzas... It quite seems it was written with you in mind, dear friend. Perhaps I shall call you 'Tyger Tyger'."
OOC Comments

Mage Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
TW Features:
Saul

Postby Felix » Tue Jul 02, 2019 2:43 pm

**ROLLS HELD**

Saul wrote:Saul smiles as Felix laughs at his own joke. Señor Sciencia... Mr. Scientist? Mr. Science? He chuckles. "Heh." He nods his head at the much bigger cat, still smiling. "Well played, good sir."

"*Tienes muchas prengas, mi amigo. Eres hombre del Renacimiento, Señor Sah-ool!" exclaims the mutant felinoid with a big smile as he claps his friend lightly on the back, translating as needed, but trying to immerse Saul into his native language.

Saul wrote:"I'm not skilled with nicknames, but... You remind me of this poem.

"Tyger Tyger, burning bright,
In the forests of the night;
What immortal hand or eye,
Could frame thy fearful symmetry?

In what distant deeps or skies
Burnt the fire of thine eyes?
On what wings dare he aspire?
What the hand, dare seize the fire?"

And, well, it goes on in the vein for some four more stanzas... It quite seems it was written with you in mind, dear friend. Perhaps I shall call you 'Tyger Tyger'."

"Poesía hermosa, Señor Sah-ool. Eh... very pretty poem. You write?" asks Felix curiously.

Felix shrugs. "Tigre es ok with me... Señor Sciencia!" he says with a wink and a very light elbow, teasing his Simian friend.

**Espero que entienda que lo estoy molestando porque me gusta... thinks the Flying Tiger as he searches Saul's face for reactions.

Rocky wrote:Rocky makes sure everyone has the frequencies for their radios and also the secure communications that they use. "There you go you should be all set. The race seems like good thing. but wait till we get away from town.I know Samms and the craft that Daphne uses is fast too."

"Samms? What you mean? Airplane? Si, mi amigo tienes un avión a reacción... eh... he has.. eh...you call 'jet airplane'... he fast, faster than me. But much noisey, and mucho mas grande, si? I hard to see, muy silencio, and make a quick turns!" says Felix, pantomiming the action with his hands.

Hmm... he thinks for a moment, thoughtfully stroking his chin.

"Maybe when we not here, you try to see me en tus sensores, eh... your sensors... and I show you, si Señor Roe-key?"

¿***Dónde está esta otra persona de la que hablaron? "Beckett"? thinks Felix, looking at the barge for a sign of the "leader" that was referred to but he has yet to meet since arriving.

Spanish translations
*=You have many talents, my friend. You are a "Renaissance Man", Saul!
**=I hope he understands I am teasing him because I like him...
***=Where is this other person they talked about? Beckett?
Miguel "Felix" Reyes
Current Status

Always On:

Saving Throw Bonuses
Felix

Postby Augur » Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:34 am

Return to Merctown. Continue posting here. (<--link)

This adventure can be returned to in the future, if desired, when y'all have a reliable GM & AGM.
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Augur
Admin

Previous

Return to Adventure Archives: MARS & PAS