Intrigue: Countdown [A MercTown Adventure]

Moderator: Augur

Intrigue: Countdown [A MercTown Adventure]

Postby Lucid Dreams » Sun Jul 31, 2016 4:47 am

While enjoying some downtime in MercTown and trying to decide the future of their mercenary squad, the members of Explorers' Incorporated become entangled in plots of intrigue.

Synopsis wrote:
  • Domingo, their leader, under the influence of magical compulsion, is seduced by a real-estate broker named Melanie, that some suspect may be more than she seems. Driven by lustful passion, he leaves the group at the Palace Hotel & Casino in a frenzied effort to be re-united with his (demonic?) amor.
  • Maximilian Felix Barnabas Wilhelm Ferdinand Schparkle-Butt IV, one of E.I.'s newer recruits, a mutant poodle operator, discovered a countdown timer hidden within a holo-vid broadcast at the Grapevine and is desperately urging the squad to solve the mystery.
  • Jezebel, E.I.'s XO, originally on a date at the casino with Lahz from Spook Squad, is now growing increasingly impatient with Domingo's shenanigans and has decided instead to focus the squad's efforts on Max's countdown timer.
  • Barric, E.I.'s Tokanii mystic, has given his best effort to keep the Domingo infatuation under wraps. But increasingly suspects foul play and believes Melanie might be demonic in origin.
  • John, a Tolkeen Artifact Hunter, was originally merely a spectator at the casino, but decided to offer up some of his insights of magic. Not yet officially recruited to the squad, he stands at the precipice of either joining or walking away.


((reprinted from The Palace & Casino))
Everyone:
Barric and Jezebel's chase is cut short by Domingo's telekinetic barrier. The Tokanii questions the legality of using psionics within the confines of MercTown before Jez explains the rule and intent of the law. Not wanting to waste any more time wrangling in their squad leader, Jezebel gathers those that remain and asks for clarification. She is characteristically brusque and firm in tone.

Jezebel wrote:"Okay, Max, apparently Dom's little head is doing his thinking for him, so it's up to us to solve whatever this problem is you've found. Can you explain it to me in layman's terms?" Her goggled eyes fall upon the others gathered. "And just who the hell are you guys? If you're here to help, pipe up. If not, pack out."

"Gwruff! Yes boss!" Max re-iterates agreeably. "Hidden in the holo-vid broadcast I saw at the Grapevine is a countdown timer." The poodle operator rapidly scratches just behind the poof atop his head as if relieving an itch, but Jezebel suspects it might be more of a nervous twitch. "Rwarglr. Can't say much about where it is coming from or what it is counting down toward. But we have about two-and-a-half days left!" Max looks around for a moment before locating and pointing emphatically at his computer, currently in use by the halfling information broker, Wesley Leuric.

Ursus scratches his head at the little canine's words, notices that his drink cup is empty and wanders back toward the bar, seemingly unwilling to face Jezebel's wrath should he not prove to be useful to her in the near future.

The bear's departure draw's Wesley's attention up from Max's computer screen who shrugs lightly at the loss before piping up to add to Max's words. "Well chaps, I think you may be in some luck as I have tapped into the broadcast and believe I have located the origin of the signal. It is generated by one of the repeaters just outside MercTown Escort Service, a well-visited brothel in the Warrens. I suspect that this is done in a semi-automated fashion. Probably some manner of attachment that piggy-backs on the signal. Perhaps if we staked the place out, additional clues might reveal themselves."

If the squad agrees, Wesley will request to go home to pick up some of his surveillance equipment before meeting back up with them.

((GM Note - Please provide in the next round of posts what sort of preparations you make before the stake-out.))
Lucid Dreams
 

Re: Intrigue: Countdown [A MercTown Adventure]

Postby Jezebel » Sun Jul 31, 2016 8:36 am

Perception: 1d20+9 = 28:
19

JIC: 1d20:
14
/1d100:
82

Wardrobe & Grooming 54%/1d100:
55
(To get "in costume" for the role she's to play)
Hovercycles, Skycycles & Rocket Bikes ☞ 79%/1d100:
68

Detect Concealment ☞ 70%/1d100:
29
(in conjunction w/Perception, to observe for any concealed entrances, electronic attachments visible from a distance in the target area, etc.)
Trap/Mine Detection ☞ 70%/1d100:
10
(in conjunction w/Perception, to observe for any concealed traps or alarms around the target area)

Jez listens intently to Wesley and Max, and ignores the others. These two are smart, even if a bit eccentric. Short-stuff here just answered the question I was about to ask even before I asked it; annoying, but useful. Also, for a change, this is in my bailiwick. Jezebel nods to show her grasp of the situation as the pair speak. "Max, please make a note that we should inform not only the Merctown Defenders, but also the broadcasters of the signal that's being used as a carrier for the clandestine signal...after we've satisfied our own curiosity." And perhaps earn some coin if we can hand the guilty party to the Defenders all tied up and with a pretty bow. "The legit broadcaster will likely want to take steps to ensure this doesn't happen in the future." And might reward us as well. "We've got twenty-four hours to do something about this, folks. We'd be complicit in the crime--and whatever happens at the end of that countdown--if we don't notify the Defenders before the timer's counted-down. Obviously, should we fail, we'll need to tell them that we saw the signal tomorrow, not today, to cover our asses. Let's hope we can just resolve this problem and collect some coin for our troubles though. I have to go to the Gates and get changed. I'll meet you on a street corner near MercTown Escort Service in an hour."

Jez departs the casino on her Hornet, making a mental note to give her sweet, new ride an appropriate name in the near future, heads to the gate, accesses her TR with her chit, stows her outfit on the command couch, and changes into attire more appropriate to clandestine work. (Gear post updated.) She then rides her Hornet back to the Warrens where she circles the block where MercTown Escort Service and One-Eyed Jacks are located until she spots Barric or one of the others. Clad in her A.D.F. fatigues (the Stalker Suit being worn under the fatigues), she looks every bit the part of a regular merc out for a ride. When she spots one of them, she'll pull over and kill the engine. "We definitely need a garage at the very least, gents. So, anyone seen anything?"
com⋅pli⋅cat⋅ed [kom-pli-key-tid] –adjective: 1. composed of elaborately interconnected parts; complex. 2. difficult to analyze, understand. Synonyms: involved, tangled, Jezebel
Don't PM this account. Send all PMs to Augur.
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Conditions
Note: Critical strike on an unmodified roll of 18, 19 or 20.
-10% Penalty when using skills to operate in unfamiliar, high-tech Rifts science & engineering fields.
H.P.: 51
S.D.C.: 98/98
P.T.P.: 1550/1550
• Charm/Impress: 60%
• Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 88%
• Nightvision: 600'
• Resistant to Energy Damage
• Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
• Can perform a non-combat action at no cost and without penalty even while engaged in combat
• Embodiment of physical perfection for her race; Appears to be one level higher and more powerful than actual; Tends to be fidgety and has trouble sleeping; Ambidextrous

Gear
(Equipment post is up to date.)

Image
User avatar
Jezebel
Group Leader
 
Posts: 514
Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 9:15 am
Location: lloyd.ritchey at gmail

Re: Intrigue: Countdown [A MercTown Adventure]

Postby Barric Darkwind » Sun Jul 31, 2016 3:24 pm

Perception: 1d20+2 = 5:
3

JIC: 1d20:
2
| 1d100:
34


Barric nods at Jez’s plan and takes his leave as the others do. During his walk back to the Quiet Warrior Inn, Barric cannot help but take his mind of off the possible demonic threat. I fear the worst for what we are about to walk into. The evidence of a connection is thin, but it’s still there. We need to be on our toes and ready for anything. We can only hope that whoever or whatever is sending this broadcast is doing so to help and that we will find an ally there. However, only fools count on the best case scenario. If you want peace, prepare for war. Once back at his temporary home, Barric nods to the wait staff before heading up to his room. There the Tokanii strips out of his dress clothes and gets suited up in his new gear. Looking over the massive warhammer he bought, Barric thinks better of it, opting for a more clandestine approach. No sane man walks the streets with that thing in hand. I’d draw every eye to me...well...more than we Tokanii already do. Once the Tokanii has finished he draws his thick black cloak over his shoulders. Taking a step towards the door, Barric pauses for a moment, an uncomfortable look on his face. With a quick tug, the Tokanii adjusts himself in his new skintight MDC body suit, “...this thing will take some getting used to….”

As Barric approaches the street corner he pulls off the hood of his cloak, running a clawed hand through his long black hair. Watching as Jez pulls up on her ride, the Tokanii nods slightly towards the Arismal, “I always was proud of the fact that I’d never stepped foot into a brothel before. I’m beginning to think you’re a poor influence on me, Ms. Faux.” Winking, Barric eyes up the building, “What’s our plan here? I can take an Astral form and scout the premises or we can just make our way in hard and fast.” Better let the expert take the lead on this one. “And I agree...if we make it out of this we need a place to stash our things. The Quiet Warrior Inn is a lovely establishment, but I think they are starting to regret catering to a client like myself. These damn horns catch the staircase every time.”

((Gear post & signature up to date.))
The world is full of magic things, patiently waiting for our senses to grow sharper
M.D.C.: 165/165
P.P.E.: 91/113
I.S.P.: 87/97
Conditions
• -20% to detect w/ Thermal Systems
• 1/2 damage from all forms of fire
• Sense Supernatural Evil: 340'
• Horror Factor: 13
• Nightvision: 300'
• Sixth Sense
Equipment
• NG Stalker Suit
• N-F20A: 75/75
• Talisman P.P.E. Ring: 50/50

Accurate as of 10JUL17
User avatar
Barric Darkwind
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 116
Joined: Thu May 21, 2015 9:30 pm

Re: Intrigue: Countdown [A MercTown Adventure]

Postby Domingo » Sun Aug 07, 2016 7:45 am

Perception: 1d20+5 = 14:
9

JIC: 1d20:
19
, 1d100:
70



Conditions: Under the influence of Compulsion spell

ISP: 109/ 179

Domingo, their leader, under the influence of magical compulsion, is seduced by a real-estate broker named Melanie, that some suspect may be more than she seems. Driven by lustful passion, he leaves the group at the Palace Hotel & Casino in a frenzied effort to be re-united with his (demonic?) amor.



Domingo flees from the Palace Casino in a confused panic. He frantically looks around as he runs down the street, not sure of where he must go. Why do they not understand? I would never hurt them, what is wrong with them? Domingo continues running, trying to get his bearings as to where he is going. I have to find Melanie, she can help me figure out what is wrong with the others. Domingo, worried that the others could still be pursuing him darts into the park between The Hub and Spokes area. He is going to try and make his way back to the Real Estate Office, maybe he can find something to help him locate Melanie.

He slows his pace as he walks unsure through the darkened park. Domingo is careful to not walk too fast on the crushed gravel, not wanting to draw attention to himself. He stops every fifty or sixty feet and listens to his surroundings, hoping to catch a sound in case he is being followed. Detect Ambush 1d100:
39
of 65%

He has never been to this park before and he is amazed by how beautiful it looks in the pale moonlight. He stops for a short while to admire the light reflecting from one of the park's crystal pools. I will have to bring Melanie to see this place, thinks Domingo. She would love to see this, I am sure. I must hurry and find her. Domingo checks his surroundings again, before continuing his trip through the park.
Domingo
Sixth Sense (automatic)

P.P.E.: 4
I.S.P.: 179
H.P.: 35
S.D.C.: 27

Saving Throw Bonuses
+2 vs. Psychic/Insanity
+4 vs. Possession
+2 vs. Mind Control
+3 vs. Magic Illusions
+4 vs. Horror Factor

Bandito w/ Branaghan Overcoat
MDC by Location
Helmet: 30
Arms: 18/8 each
Legs: 24/12 each
Main Body: 38/28
Modifiers: -5% movement and physical skill penalty, -10% to swimming

NG-57( right holster on belt)
Range: 500 ft Damage: 2d4 or 3d6 MD
Payload: 10

TW Firebolt Pistol (on Thigh holster- right leg)
Range: 450 ft Damage: 4D6 MD per blast of magic fire
Rate of Fire: Single shot, each blast costs as 1 melee attack
Payload: 10 shots

TW-38 Endless Revolver(left holster on belt)
Range:500ft Damage: 4d6 SDC
Payload: 38 shots

Silver Plated Vibro-Rapier-2d6 MD (left side), Silver Dagger x 2- 1d6 sdc (one in each boot)

NE-HC-120 "Shadow" Stealth Combat Hovercycle - 210 MDC
User avatar
Domingo
 
Posts: 286
Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 1:22 am
Location: Rifts PC (Explorers Inc.)

Re: Intrigue: Countdown [A MercTown Adventure]

Postby John » Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:26 am

Perception: 1d20:
14

JIC: 1d20:
13
/ 1d100:
64


Back at the casino John decides to tag along as the group decides to investigate the mysterious signal. He couldn't resist a mystery. The abandonment of their friend seems odd to him. The man is in thrall, his actions are not his own, were it his friend he'd go after him but Domingo isn't so the decision is not his to make. Sometimes people act strangely.

Not having any equipment or possessions beyond the clothes on his back he doesn't take any time to change or go get anything and instead proceeds directly to the brothel stopping a few times along the way to ask directions. When he gets there he doesn't go inside and instead stops a block or so away and begins to wait. He occasionally glances at the brother nervously affecting an aire of a man that wants to go inside but feels like he shouldn't for some reason, be that marriage or morals.

I should take a familiar, the Shifter thinks as he waits. Maybe something that can fly. I could keep an eye on this place from the comfort of a nice pub instead of me standing here on this corner in a crappy part of town at night.

When Jezebel arrives he shakes his head in the negative at her question but pipes up as Barric arrives. "I thought Wesley said the repeater was outside the brothel, no need to storm the place we just need to find it. Hopefully once we do Wesley and Max will be able to access it." If the Operator and the Information Broker are nearby John will glance at them pointedly for affirmation and ask them to describe what exactly the group is looking for.
John Smith
Stats: 226 MDC, 258 PPE
Abilities: Spell Strength 14, Charm/Impress 90%, Invoke Trust/Intimidate 80%, Fire & Cold Resistant (half damage), Bio-Regeneration, Sense Rifts 170 miles, Sense Other Dimensional Disturbances (Teleportation, etc) 85 miles

Sharak (Avian Biomech Familiar)
Stats: 45 MDC
Abilities: Telescopic Vision (2 miles), Natural Radar (2000'), See the Invisible, Sense Evil, Impervious to Diseases that affect flesh & blood animals
User avatar
John
 
Posts: 191
Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:29 pm

Re: Intrigue: Countdown [A MercTown Adventure]

Postby Jezebel » Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:19 am

Perception: 1d20+9 = 21:
12

JIC: 1d20:
5
/ 1d100:
3


Barric Darkwind wrote:Watching as Jez pulls up on her ride, the Tokanii nods slightly towards the Arismal, “I always was proud of the fact that I’d never stepped foot into a brothel before. I’m beginning to think you’re a poor influence on me, Ms. Faux.” Winking, Barric eyes up the building, “What’s our plan here? I can take an Astral form and scout the premises or we can just make our way in hard and fast.” Better let the expert take the lead on this one. “And I agree...if we make it out of this we need a place to stash our things. The Quiet Warrior Inn is a lovely establishment, but I think they are starting to regret catering to a client like myself. These damn horns catch the staircase every time.”

Jez guffaws at Barric's remark. "Your appearance would suggest that you're made of sin, but if there's one thing I've learned in my trade, it's that appearances can often be deceiving. In the morning, supposing we're done with this situation, let's all meet up at the Job Market Cafe and check the boards for open lots and open bounties. For now though, Barric, find a safe place nearby that's out of sight and do your spooky recon. I'm going to do it the old-fashioned way."

John wrote:When Jezebel arrives he shakes his head in the negative at her question but pipes up as Barric arrives. "I thought Wesley said the repeater was outside the brothel, no need to storm the place we just need to find it. Hopefully once we do Wesley and Max will be able to access it." If the Operator and the Information Broker are nearby John will glance at them pointedly for affirmation and ask them to describe what exactly the group is looking for.

"Right." Jez agrees now, her demeanor one that's all business. "I'm going to visit the rooftops and look for a radio tower and the illicit device. If I'm overheard and someone comes out to cause trouble, can I count on you to distract them, big guy?"

Climbing ☞ 100%/1d100:
2
(to access the rooftops)
Prowl ☞ 80%/1d100:
7
(self explanatory)
Detect Ambush ☞ 75%/1d100:
17
(self explanatory)
Trap/Mine Detection ☞ 70%/1d100:
3
(self-explanatory)
Detect Concealment ☞ 70%/1d100:
93
(in conjunction with perception to look for the piggybacking device)
Radio: Basic ☞ 100%/1d100:
28
(to properly identify the device when she's spotted suspect items)
com⋅pli⋅cat⋅ed [kom-pli-key-tid] –adjective: 1. composed of elaborately interconnected parts; complex. 2. difficult to analyze, understand. Synonyms: involved, tangled, Jezebel
Don't PM this account. Send all PMs to Augur.
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Conditions
Note: Critical strike on an unmodified roll of 18, 19 or 20.
-10% Penalty when using skills to operate in unfamiliar, high-tech Rifts science & engineering fields.
H.P.: 51
S.D.C.: 98/98
P.T.P.: 1550/1550
• Charm/Impress: 60%
• Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 88%
• Nightvision: 600'
• Resistant to Energy Damage
• Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
• Can perform a non-combat action at no cost and without penalty even while engaged in combat
• Embodiment of physical perfection for her race; Appears to be one level higher and more powerful than actual; Tends to be fidgety and has trouble sleeping; Ambidextrous

Gear
(Equipment post is up to date.)

Image
User avatar
Jezebel
Group Leader
 
Posts: 514
Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 9:15 am
Location: lloyd.ritchey at gmail

Re: Intrigue: Countdown [A MercTown Adventure]

Postby Barric Darkwind » Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:28 pm

Perception: 1d20+2 = 17:
15

JIC: 1d20:
9
| 1d100:
42


Land Navigation: 1d100:
44
/58% PASS!

Lore: Magic: 1d100:
59
/60% PASS!

Recog. Magic Circles, Runes, etc.: 1d100:
9
/50% PASS!

Recognize Enchantment: 1d100:
26
/42% PASS!

Lore: Demons & Monsters: 1d100:
41
/60% PASS!

I.D. Undercover Agents: 1d100:
73
/42% FAIL!


Jez wrote:“Your appearance would suggest that you're made of sin, but if there's one thing I've learned in my trade, it's that appearances can often be deceiving. In the morning, supposing we're done with this situation, let's all meet up at the Job Market Cafe and check the boards for open lots and open bounties. For now though, Barric, find a safe place nearby that's out of sight and do your spooky recon. I'm going to do it the old-fashioned way."


The Tokanii smiles slightly, “I get that a lot, er, we get that a lot. ...I suppose more often than not its a fair assumption to make. Still not all Tokanii are evil, just like not all humans like yourself go great with a hollandaise sauce...some of you go much better with honey mustard." Winking slightly, Barric gets back to business, "My powers will be limited while in an Astral form, but I’ll be able to communicate with you telepathically. Good luck out there, Jez.” Watching Jez take off, Barric looks for a small dark corner in which to hide himself in for the time being. Assuming he finds out he deems sufficient, the Mystic squats on the ground and mutters a quick incantation in order to somewhat protect himself in this vulnerable state. Watchguard | Range: 24’ radius | Duration: 4 hours | -10 PPE | BoM pg. 103 The Tokanii then folds his hands across his lap and enters a quasi meditative state, allowing his spirit to free itself from its physical form. Astral Projection | Duration: 20 minutes | - 8 ISP

In his Astral form, Barric will soar into the air and begin with an aerial overwatch of the building, doing a 360 degree scan and getting a mental image of where all the exits, windows and doors are. Barric will then telepathically communicate all of his findings to Jez to aid her in her physical search of the perimeter. Telepathy | Range: 560’ | Duration: 8 minutes | - 4 ISP Once his outer scan is complete, the Mystic will work his way inside. Although he will typically keep his path to the halls and walkways, he will not be opposed to moving through walls in order to gather his intel. He will also try to avoid any people in case they happen to be psychics as well, but again he won’t let that stop him on his mission. Barric will do a floor by floor, room by room sweep of the building. With every room he clears, Barric will give a quick report back to Jez to aid her on her physical overwatch. ((Ex. Jez, first floor, northwest room, 1 adult male.))

Once he has finished with his overview of the building, he will communicate back to Jez once more, Overwatch complete. Do you want me to stay in this form with you for early warning or return to my physical form?
The world is full of magic things, patiently waiting for our senses to grow sharper
M.D.C.: 165/165
P.P.E.: 91/113
I.S.P.: 87/97
Conditions
• -20% to detect w/ Thermal Systems
• 1/2 damage from all forms of fire
• Sense Supernatural Evil: 340'
• Horror Factor: 13
• Nightvision: 300'
• Sixth Sense
Equipment
• NG Stalker Suit
• N-F20A: 75/75
• Talisman P.P.E. Ring: 50/50

Accurate as of 10JUL17
User avatar
Barric Darkwind
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 116
Joined: Thu May 21, 2015 9:30 pm

Re: Intrigue: Countdown [A MercTown Adventure]

Postby John » Thu Aug 18, 2016 11:02 pm

Perception: 1d20:
9

JIC: 1d20:
11
/ 1d100:
34


"Sure thing," John says as Jezebel saunters off to do her thing. He tries to place himself centrally so he can monitor Barric's hiding place, Jezebel's progress, and the front of the brothel although if Wesley and Max are there he will leave keeping Barric's body safe to them and focus more on Jezebel and the brothel.

If it seems like her activities cause a commotion he'll warn her with telepathy if possible and try to delay any security response as long as he can by trying to get in their way, asking about the brothel's services or directions to a nicer part of town and so forth.
John Smith
Stats: 226 MDC, 258 PPE
Abilities: Spell Strength 14, Charm/Impress 90%, Invoke Trust/Intimidate 80%, Fire & Cold Resistant (half damage), Bio-Regeneration, Sense Rifts 170 miles, Sense Other Dimensional Disturbances (Teleportation, etc) 85 miles

Sharak (Avian Biomech Familiar)
Stats: 45 MDC
Abilities: Telescopic Vision (2 miles), Natural Radar (2000'), See the Invisible, Sense Evil, Impervious to Diseases that affect flesh & blood animals
User avatar
John
 
Posts: 191
Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:29 pm

Re: Intrigue: Countdown [A MercTown Adventure]

Postby Lucid Dreams » Sat Aug 20, 2016 5:53 am

Domingo @Park:
Domingo's confused and paranoid state causes him to cut through the park in an effort to lose any tails. Though not professionally trained in the craft, Domingo does his best to stop every once in a while to listen intently for the sounds of pursuit. Each time, he is greeted with only the sounds of the night... primarily the rhythmic chirping of nearby crickets. The mind melter is confident in his isolation by the time he reaches the pool's reflection. His thoughts drift to the idea of sharing the experience with the beautiful Melanie when he is startled out of his revelry by a sultry voice that tugs strongly on his heart-strings.

"At the very least, you should dip your toes in.... The water is quite refreshing."

It was as if he conjured the object of his desires into existence by simply wishing it. Turning toward the sound of Melanie's voice, Dom sees her step out from some deep shadows. The moonlight illuminating her from behind and casting a glorious silhouette of her body in the mind melter's direction. She seems to wipe her mouth with a single stroke as she advances. Dom's attention is drawn to how tightly her clothes hug her body and accentuate her curves. As she draws near, he sees why. Her clothes are soaked through, rivulets of water stream down her body and droplets cascade from her hair. Melanie's advance doesn't stop at speaking distance but instead breaches Dom's personal bubble and she is nearly pressed up against him when she next speaks.

"Do you feel it too? The connection between us. You knew to find me here tonight." Dom struggles to control his desire for Melanie while her body language suggests throwing caution to the wind. Somewhere in the recesses of Dom's mind, he registers a metallic odor on Melanie's breath. Blood? No, couldn't be.

Jezebel, Barric & John (Max too) @MercTown Escort Services:
Thanks to the lack of material possessions, John is the first to arrive. He adopts the look of a man nervous about committing infidelity and is surprisingly left alone, even by women entering the Escort services building who obviously work there. John concludes that perhaps they smartly have some work policy to not conduct business outside the confines of the building. A policy that would keep them out of trouble with law enforcement. Barric and Jez arrive a short time later, finding each other before spotting John a block away. Each are lightly armed and armored, geared for clandestine work rather than a grand melee.

Still with no sign of either Wesley or Max, Jez and Barric decide to begin their own reconnaissance. Jez picks a nearby building and heads to the roof for a better vantage point. Meanwhile, Barric finds himself a dark corner and settles down into deep meditation, astral projecting his essence into the parallel material plane. John positions himself centrally to keep an eye on the others.

Barric [astral projected]:
Barric is able to get an overview ((sorry no time to make a picture)) of the building, notes that there is the primary entrance in the front, a secondary in the rear leading through an alleyway and a presumably hidden passageway from the basement leading into the sewars. There are only a handful of windows, the people inside clearly valuing their privacy over the view of the Warrens. And Barric counts about 18 people total inside the building currently. He is forced to maneuver carefully as his presence seems to be sensed by three people inside. The Tokanii presumes that they are psychic sensitives or otherwise able to see his invisible form. Barric is fairly confident that though they sensed his presence, none of them raised any alarms or directly observed him. He reports all this information back to those outside.

Jezebel (and Max) [nearby rooftop]:
Upon reaching the desired rooftop, Jezebel feels as though she may not be alone. Carefully opening the door leading to the roof, she is surprised by the lack of protest from rusted hinges that often let out an annoying squeal. Instead, the door glides as if recently lubricated. Jezebel's tradecraft kicks in as she spots two small figures at the roof's edge. They are positioned more or less at her desired vantage point. Like a silent shadow, the Arismal officer creeps up on the two and realizes how unnecessary her sneaking is when she hears them bickering.

"Gwruff, it's not set at the right frequency! The harmonics won't create the right interference pattern!" Max complains to Wesley. Both of them are dressed in dark fatigues with hoodies and a facemask. The two strike some resemblance to a pair of children dressed up in ninja costumes. Clearly not appropriate for remaining inconspicuous and indicating to Jezebel that neither of them likely has very much experience sitting in an actual stake-out position.

"I tested the harmonics back at my office. Everything would have been set if you didn't feel the compulsion to fiddle with every knob and push every button you see!" Wesley retorts, clearly agitated that their surveillance wasn't going as well as he had initially imagined.

"If a button isn't made to be pushed, rawrrl, then don't make it blink so attractively! Besides, the scanner told me that it was out of alignment." Max says, engrossed in showing Wesley his meaning and completely oblivious to their surroundings... failing to observe the building and paying attention to the lurking Arismal in the shadows.

The two continue to techno-babble at each other for as long as Jez decides not to intercede. If she waits and watches, she will observe them go from one piece of surveillance equipment to another. Wesley defending the settings on what looks to be brand-new equipment, and Maximillian projecting his technological know-how by trying to explain the right way to set up the device. It is obvious that despite his enthusiasm, Wesley has done next to no field work prior to this. Likely his strength is in processing the information gathered and not the actual gathering.

((Whenever Jez decides to interrupt.))
Both Max and Wesley will visibly jump at Jez's sudden appearance. After being calmed and asked for an update, Wesley will share what they know. "There appear to be multiple repeaters in the area. And two in or on the building of interest. One is next to the backdoor that leads to the alleyway and the other seems to be in the basement of the building. Unfortunately, Max and I have a disagreement about which repeater is the one we need to access. Depending on the harmonics of the scanner we brought, the answer could be tuned to either. Max believes it is the one in the basement, whereas I believe it is the one in the alleyway." Max nods his head in agreement. Jez notices a look of stubborn resolve on the poodle's face.

"Gwruff, Boss. We just need to set up one of the remote tracers by attaching it to the inside of the repeater." Max grabs one of three quarter-sized disks from the scattered mess of equipment sprawled between him and Wesley and hands it to Jezebel. Jez can see upon inspection that it is a commercial product (not homemade) and has a peel-off sticky on the backside for adherence. "We have three of them. So in theory, we could put one on each."
Lucid Dreams
 

Re: Intrigue: Countdown [A MercTown Adventure]

Postby Jezebel » Sat Aug 20, 2016 11:28 am

Lucid Dreams wrote:Jezebel (and Max) [nearby rooftop]:
((Whenever Jez decides to interrupt.))
Both Max and Wesley will visibly jump at Jez's sudden appearance. After being calmed and asked for an update, Wesley will share what they know. "There appear to be multiple repeaters in the area. And two in or on the building of interest. One is next to the backdoor that leads to the alleyway and the other seems to be in the basement of the building. Unfortunately, Max and I have a disagreement about which repeater is the one we need to access. Depending on the harmonics of the scanner we brought, the answer could be tuned to either. Max believes it is the one in the basement, whereas I believe it is the one in the alleyway." Max nods his head in agreement. Jez notices a look of stubborn resolve on the poodle's face.

"Gwruff, Boss. We just need to set up one of the remote tracers by attaching it to the inside of the repeater." Max grabs one of three quarter-sized disks from the scattered mess of equipment sprawled between him and Wesley and hands it to Jezebel. Jez can see upon inspection that it is a commercial product (not homemade) and has a peel-off sticky on the backside for adherence. "We have three of them. So in theory, we could put one on each."

Perception: 1d20+9 = 12:
3

JIC: 1d20:
15
/1d100:
57


Climbing ☞ 100%/1d100:
53
(for access if needed)
Prowl ☞ 80%/1d100:
20
(self explanatory)
Detect Ambush ☞ 75%/1d100:
79
(self explanatory)
Trap/Mine Detection ☞ 70%/1d100:
52
(self-explanatory)
Detect Concealment ☞ 70%/1d100:
12
(in conjunction with perception & ambush to look for anything suspect)
Radio: Basic ☞ 100%/1d100:
58
(to properly identify the device when she's spotted suspect items)

Jez speaks in hushed tones and tries to stay in the shadows and out of sight while she speaks. "Are you sure they're the same type of device? Given that radio signals are impeded by material interference, the device in the basement is likely the signal generator--the radio itself, and the one in the alleyway is likely a repeater that relays that signal to another, more highly elevated antenna from which the signal is broadcast. Can we achieve the desired result by attaching your device here," Jez indicates the device with the sticky-backing, "to the repeater in the alley?"

Regardless of the answer she receives, she will then relay this information to John and Barric from her phone via text message.

Contingency #1:
If she's correct that the device in the basement is the actual radio, and that this is the only device from which an effective piggybacking can be accomplished, she will take the proffered devices and endeavor to sneak into the target building through a window or some other non-traditional access point.

Contingency #2:
If she's correct that the device in the basement is the actual radio, but that any device along the signal chain can be effectively piggybacked using Max's devices, she will target the device in the alleyway for her actions.
com⋅pli⋅cat⋅ed [kom-pli-key-tid] –adjective: 1. composed of elaborately interconnected parts; complex. 2. difficult to analyze, understand. Synonyms: involved, tangled, Jezebel
Don't PM this account. Send all PMs to Augur.
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Conditions
Note: Critical strike on an unmodified roll of 18, 19 or 20.
-10% Penalty when using skills to operate in unfamiliar, high-tech Rifts science & engineering fields.
H.P.: 51
S.D.C.: 98/98
P.T.P.: 1550/1550
• Charm/Impress: 60%
• Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 88%
• Nightvision: 600'
• Resistant to Energy Damage
• Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
• Can perform a non-combat action at no cost and without penalty even while engaged in combat
• Embodiment of physical perfection for her race; Appears to be one level higher and more powerful than actual; Tends to be fidgety and has trouble sleeping; Ambidextrous

Gear
(Equipment post is up to date.)

Image
User avatar
Jezebel
Group Leader
 
Posts: 514
Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 9:15 am
Location: lloyd.ritchey at gmail

Re: Intrigue: Countdown [A MercTown Adventure]

Postby John » Sun Aug 21, 2016 10:51 pm

Perception: 1d20:
16

JIC: 1d20:
13
/ 1d100:
81


If Barric returns to his body John will move to join Jezebel, leaving the overwatch duties to the Tokanii but not before revealing his telepathic abilities so the two can remain in communication. Once off the street he invokes the words of power to cast a spell allowing him to meld into the shadows. After climbing up on the roof he joins Jezebel, Max, and Wesley by the transmitter and listens to the hushed discussion going on. "Assuming the building isn't warded I can create a portal through the wall to get inside. It won't last long, a few minutes at most, but it's a way inside. Or we could walk right in the front door," he offers as an alternative plan.

Otherwise John maintains his overwatch position while the actual members of the team do their work.
John Smith
Stats: 226 MDC, 258 PPE
Abilities: Spell Strength 14, Charm/Impress 90%, Invoke Trust/Intimidate 80%, Fire & Cold Resistant (half damage), Bio-Regeneration, Sense Rifts 170 miles, Sense Other Dimensional Disturbances (Teleportation, etc) 85 miles

Sharak (Avian Biomech Familiar)
Stats: 45 MDC
Abilities: Telescopic Vision (2 miles), Natural Radar (2000'), See the Invisible, Sense Evil, Impervious to Diseases that affect flesh & blood animals
User avatar
John
 
Posts: 191
Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:29 pm

Re: Intrigue: Countdown [A MercTown Adventure]

Postby Lucid Dreams » Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:05 am

((GM mini-update))

Jezebel:
Wesley mulls over Jezebel's words before nodding in agreement. "That would make sense... that the one in the basement is the source. And the one outside the repeater for the source. Mounting the remote tracer in theory should work fine on the outside repeater... but would likely get us more useful information if we could get it mounted on the source. The only caveat is that planting these tracers has to be done with the utmost stealth. As you can likely see, they are easy to remove, so if our plans are discovered, it would not take very much for them to peel off the tracer and nullify our efforts."
Lucid Dreams
 

Re: Intrigue: Countdown [A MercTown Adventure]

Postby Barric Darkwind » Thu Aug 25, 2016 1:22 am

Perception: 1d20+2 = 16:
14

JIC: 1d20:
11
| 1d100:
39


Finishing his scouting mission, Baric will follow the astral cord back to his body and return once again to his physical form. Feeling the notification of his cell phone buzz, Barric flips open the device and reads Jez’s message. I doubt my abilities will be of much use at this stage in the game. This looks like an old fashioned type of job. The Tokanii will then start walking in front of the building on the street, keeping an eye out for anyone who may have noticed them. Jez, Barric reaches out telepathically once more, if you want to hit more than one of these things let me know. Otherwise I can be here to provide overwatch for you easily enough. My senses should trigger if anything nasty comes our way. Unless he gets orders otherwise, Barric will find a nice dark area out front to loiter in that allows him to keep eyes on the brothel. Assuming he finds one, Barric will begin to paw his clothing before he realizes his grave mistake. ...curse the hells! What kind of idiot forgets his cigars!?

I.D. Undercover Agents: 1d100:
2
/42% PASS!
The world is full of magic things, patiently waiting for our senses to grow sharper
M.D.C.: 165/165
P.P.E.: 91/113
I.S.P.: 87/97
Conditions
• -20% to detect w/ Thermal Systems
• 1/2 damage from all forms of fire
• Sense Supernatural Evil: 340'
• Horror Factor: 13
• Nightvision: 300'
• Sixth Sense
Equipment
• NG Stalker Suit
• N-F20A: 75/75
• Talisman P.P.E. Ring: 50/50

Accurate as of 10JUL17
User avatar
Barric Darkwind
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 116
Joined: Thu May 21, 2015 9:30 pm

Re: Intrigue: Countdown [A MercTown Adventure]

Postby Domingo » Sat Aug 27, 2016 6:04 am

Perception: 1d20+5 = 18:
13

JIC: 1d20:
12
, 1d100:
83


Conditions: Under effects of Compulsion

ISP: 109/179


Domingo @Park:
Domingo's confused and paranoid state causes him to cut through the park in an effort to lose any tails. Though not professionally trained in the craft, Domingo does his best to stop every once in a while to listen intently for the sounds of pursuit. Each time, he is greeted with only the sounds of the night... primarily the rhythmic chirping of nearby crickets. The mind melter is confident in his isolation by the time he reaches the pool's reflection. His thoughts drift to the idea of sharing the experience with the beautiful Melanie when he is startled out of his revelry by a sultry voice that tugs strongly on his heart-strings.

"At the very least, you should dip your toes in.... The water is quite refreshing."

It was as if he conjured the object of his desires into existence by simply wishing it. Turning toward the sound of Melanie's voice, Dom sees her step out from some deep shadows. The moonlight illuminating her from behind and casting a glorious silhouette of her body in the mind melter's direction. She seems to wipe her mouth with a single stroke as she advances. Dom's attention is drawn to how tightly her clothes hug her body and accentuate her curves. As she draws near, he sees why. Her clothes are soaked through, rivulets of water stream down her body and droplets cascade from her hair. Melanie's advance doesn't stop at speaking distance but instead breaches Dom's personal bubble and she is nearly pressed up against him when she next speaks.

"Do you feel it too? The connection between us. You knew to find me here tonight." Dom struggles to control his desire for Melanie while her body language suggests throwing caution to the wind. Somewhere in the recesses of Dom's mind, he registers a metallic odor on Melanie's breath. Blood? No, couldn't be.


Domingo’s heart skips a beat as he hears Melanie speak. He looks up and is momentarily entranced by her body’s form as she slowly walks towards him. He feels a strange sense of satisfaction at her being her at this location. I was just trying to find you, but you are here now.
Melanie draws her body close to his, but a strange smell enters his mind as she speaks. What is that? Do I smell blood? A gear in his brain begins to spin, something is wrong. Something is going on here, why does her breath smell like blood.
He takes a step back from Melanie and asks, ” I do feel it, you are so intoxicating… But, I must ask. Domingo focuses his mind to read her aura as she speaks See Aura -6 ISP ” what are you doing here in the park? I was just on my way to find you, but here you are.” He is careful to maintain his distance now, he mind racing through the possibilities of why Melanie would be here and why he would smell blood on her breath. Lore: Demons/Monsters 1d100:
38
out of 45% He tries to piece together any clues that he has to decipher what she could be. He is now sure that she is not the beautiful human he had hoped. How could I be so foolish, Jez and the others tried to stop me. Now here I am at this place, all alone with this demon in the night. He will begin to speak to Melanie again, but will slowly add distance between her and himself. “You are so beautiful it is almost supernatural, so addicting, I could not help myself but to come rushing out here to find you. I have never found a woman that could do that before. What is it about you, tell me Melanie? It is only you and me here tonight, in this quiet secluded park. You can share it with me, in fact I insist.”
Domingo waits, his mind on the edge prepared for action. He need only a flash of warning of his sixth sense to leap into action if needed. But, it is not in his nature to attack this woman unless she makes the first move. I must get her to reveal her natural form, she must be some demon or witch to be able to enchant me that way that she did.
Should Melanie just choose to attack, Domingo’s first action would be to erect a Psychic Body Field around himself. Depending on his results from his See Aura and Lore skill, then he would decide on the weapon to use to counter attack with. Most likely he will pull his sword or one of his pistols, followed by Bio-manipulation: Mute ( no sense in letting her try to bewitch him further).
Should Melanie not attack, then he will continue to try and get her to reveal her scheme.
Last edited by Domingo on Sun Aug 28, 2016 3:15 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Domingo
Sixth Sense (automatic)

P.P.E.: 4
I.S.P.: 179
H.P.: 35
S.D.C.: 27

Saving Throw Bonuses
+2 vs. Psychic/Insanity
+4 vs. Possession
+2 vs. Mind Control
+3 vs. Magic Illusions
+4 vs. Horror Factor

Bandito w/ Branaghan Overcoat
MDC by Location
Helmet: 30
Arms: 18/8 each
Legs: 24/12 each
Main Body: 38/28
Modifiers: -5% movement and physical skill penalty, -10% to swimming

NG-57( right holster on belt)
Range: 500 ft Damage: 2d4 or 3d6 MD
Payload: 10

TW Firebolt Pistol (on Thigh holster- right leg)
Range: 450 ft Damage: 4D6 MD per blast of magic fire
Rate of Fire: Single shot, each blast costs as 1 melee attack
Payload: 10 shots

TW-38 Endless Revolver(left holster on belt)
Range:500ft Damage: 4d6 SDC
Payload: 38 shots

Silver Plated Vibro-Rapier-2d6 MD (left side), Silver Dagger x 2- 1d6 sdc (one in each boot)

NE-HC-120 "Shadow" Stealth Combat Hovercycle - 210 MDC
User avatar
Domingo
 
Posts: 286
Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 1:22 am
Location: Rifts PC (Explorers Inc.)

Re: Intrigue: Countdown [A MercTown Adventure]

Postby Lucid Dreams » Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:29 am

Atop the roof. Jezebel (initially), John, Max & Wesley:
After receiving a phone text from Jezebel, John decides to make his way up onto the roof. By the time he arrives, Jezebel is making ready to head down. Having been told that the repeater in the alleyway should be sufficient, the Arismal officer decides that it is more prudent to be successful with the easier target than to risk failing by targeting both the alleyway repeater and the source in the basement. John offers his magical aid to assist in gaining entry. However, Jez quickly concludes that for her stealth mission to be successful, an undetected entrance and exit would be required.

((assuming Jezebel proceeds with traditional stealth:))
Jez communicates her intentions to the others. John takes an overwatch position joining Max and Wesley on the rooftop. Not long after Jez's departure, John begins to question his decision. "Gwruff, told you." Max says, egging Wesley into another round of verbal skirmishing. John witnesses that which he missed out on earlier, a back and forth heavily laden with technical terms and the two clearly not seeing eye-to-eye.

On the ground. Barric, then Barric and Jezebel:
Once Barric reports back in, he telepathically communicates his update from the ground and then proceeds to try to draw out enemy undercover agents. The mystic is soon rewarded for his efforts as he spots someone disguised as a homeless man covered in trash paying far too much attention to his surroundings (Barric included) to be the derelict he pretends to be. Though identified, Barric isn't immediately sure of who they work for and what their intentions are. Possibilities flood the Tokanii's mind. The man could be security personnel for the escort company, could be law enforcement trying to stake out the building, could be some criminal element collecting intel on an opposing faction, or perhaps a completely unknown player with an unknown agenda.

Jezebel sticks to the shadows, keenly aware of her surroundings and her soft footsteps as she makes her way to the back alleyway. Confident that nobody spotted her, she soon finds herself staring at the box housing the repeater. It looks to be made of relatively inexpensive sdc material. The matte grey opaque plastic box is a simple clamshell design with the closing mechanism 'secured' with a single cable tie pulling the two halves closed. Not one to take things at face value, Jezebel investigates further, looking for telling details and is quickly glad she did. Attached to the cable tie is a taut, metallic thread no thicker than spider silk, running down along the wall to a second box. The Arismal quickly concludes that if she were to design it, this second box would be a silent alarm that would alert the people interested of any tampering done to the repeater. It was as if the repeater was some manner of honeypot inviting those in the know to open it so that a trap could then be sprung.

Jezebel knows that she needs to attach the tracer physically to the repeater and so will need to bypass the housing somehow.
Lucid Dreams
 

Re: Intrigue: Countdown [A MercTown Adventure]

Postby Barric Darkwind » Tue Aug 30, 2016 12:51 am

Perception: 1d20+2 = 22:
20

JIC: 1d20:
18
| 1d100:
43


Barric narrows his vision as he eyes the man dressed as a homeless man. Definitely curious…. Grabbing his cell phone, Barric keys the following message to the team: Man dressed as homeless watching the brothel. No immediate threat. Will continue to monitor. Barric will focus his Telepathy on the man to scan any surface thoughts for clues. He will then mutter a quick incantation under his breath to find out more about the man. See Aura | Range: 100’ | -6 P.P.E. If Barric is able to glean anything useful or noteworthy from the man, he will convey it to the team via cell phone. I need to keep an eye on this one to make sure nothing else is afoot.
The world is full of magic things, patiently waiting for our senses to grow sharper
M.D.C.: 165/165
P.P.E.: 91/113
I.S.P.: 87/97
Conditions
• -20% to detect w/ Thermal Systems
• 1/2 damage from all forms of fire
• Sense Supernatural Evil: 340'
• Horror Factor: 13
• Nightvision: 300'
• Sixth Sense
Equipment
• NG Stalker Suit
• N-F20A: 75/75
• Talisman P.P.E. Ring: 50/50

Accurate as of 10JUL17
User avatar
Barric Darkwind
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 116
Joined: Thu May 21, 2015 9:30 pm

Re: Intrigue: Countdown [A MercTown Adventure]

Postby Jezebel » Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:59 pm

Lucid Dreams wrote:Atop the roof. Jezebel (initially), John, Max & Wesley:
After receiving a phone text from Jezebel, John decides to make his way up onto the roof. By the time he arrives, Jezebel is making ready to head down. Having been told that the repeater in the alleyway should be sufficient, the Arismal officer decides that it is more prudent to be successful with the easier target than to risk failing by targeting both the alleyway repeater and the source in the basement. John offers his magical aid to assist in gaining entry. However, Jez quickly concludes that for her stealth mission to be successful, an undetected entrance and exit would be required.
...
Jezebel sticks to the shadows, keenly aware of her surroundings and her soft footsteps as she makes her way to the back alleyway. Confident that nobody spotted her, she soon finds herself staring at the box housing the repeater. It looks to be made of relatively inexpensive sdc material. The matte grey opaque plastic box is a simple clamshell design with the closing mechanism 'secured' with a single cable tie pulling the two halves closed. Not one to take things at face value, Jezebel investigates further, looking for telling details and is quickly glad she did. Attached to the cable tie is a taut, metallic thread no thicker than spider silk, running down along the wall to a second box. The Arismal quickly concludes that if she were to design it, this second box would be a silent alarm that would alert the people interested of any tampering done to the repeater. It was as if the repeater was some manner of honeypot inviting those in the know to open it so that a trap could then be sprung. Jezebel knows that she needs to attach the tracer physically to the repeater and so will need to bypass the housing somehow.

Perception: 1d20+9 = 29:
20

JIC: 1d20:
8
/ 1d100:
50


Prowl ☞ 80% / 1d100:
37
(self-evident)
Demolitions: Disposal ☞ 83% / 1d100:
59
(to disarm the alarm-trap)
Detect Concealment ☞ 70% / 1d100:
34
(in conjunction with perception to detect a possible internal trap)
Sensory Equipment ☞ 60% / 1d100:
54
(supplemental to the above two skills)

Jez is nobody's fool. Well, better to avoid a trap than try to foil it. Finding no other traps in evidence, she ignores the booby-trapped cable tie that secures shut the mouth of the clamshell and instead focuses her attention on the jaw or hinge of the housing. Keeping her other senses alert to discovery, she pulls a slimpack knife out from under her left sleeve and uses the fine tip of the throwing knife to carefully unscrew the hinge assembly. Not wanting to destroy or otherwise mark the hinge assembly, she simply disassembles it, making sure not to lose any parts as she will need to reassemble it when she's done. She thinks as she works. Challenge not accepted, Mr. Clever. Find another sucker. I bet you made this just obvious enough that a male would feel challenged, perhaps even compelled to defeat your trap and thus risk alerting you. Assuming she's successful in disassembling the hinge, she will open the clamshell from the hinge side only wide enough to make a thorough inspection of the opening and the interior. Assuming there is not another, internal boobytrap, she will then open the clamshell wide enough to affix the sticky snooper device to the surface of the repeater, then close the clamshell back up, and put the hinge back together. Once done, she will depart as quickly and quietly as she she came.

Contingency:
If Jez suspects she's discovered, she'll slap the housing back together as best she can given however much time she has before being confronted and escape so as to return at a later time.
com⋅pli⋅cat⋅ed [kom-pli-key-tid] –adjective: 1. composed of elaborately interconnected parts; complex. 2. difficult to analyze, understand. Synonyms: involved, tangled, Jezebel
Don't PM this account. Send all PMs to Augur.
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Conditions
Note: Critical strike on an unmodified roll of 18, 19 or 20.
-10% Penalty when using skills to operate in unfamiliar, high-tech Rifts science & engineering fields.
H.P.: 51
S.D.C.: 98/98
P.T.P.: 1550/1550
• Charm/Impress: 60%
• Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 88%
• Nightvision: 600'
• Resistant to Energy Damage
• Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
• Can perform a non-combat action at no cost and without penalty even while engaged in combat
• Embodiment of physical perfection for her race; Appears to be one level higher and more powerful than actual; Tends to be fidgety and has trouble sleeping; Ambidextrous

Gear
(Equipment post is up to date.)

Image
User avatar
Jezebel
Group Leader
 
Posts: 514
Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 9:15 am
Location: lloyd.ritchey at gmail

Re: Intrigue: Countdown [A MercTown Adventure]

Postby Lucid Dreams » Fri Sep 02, 2016 7:33 am

((GM mini-update))

Domingo:
A look of surprise flits across Melanie's face when Domingo steps away from her. As Dom focuses his mind to see auras, he sees that hers is ordinary. Almost too ordinary. Melanie appears to be low to mid-level in regards to power, has no indication of psionics, magic, or possession. That itch in the back of Dom's mind grows as he thinks that this aura doesn't suit the extroverted and intoxicating Melanie he knows. Then it dawns on him that the aura he is seeing is likely one of someone who has intentionally psionically altered it.

Adding that nugget of information to his knowledge of demonic lore, Domingo now suspects that if Melanie is a demon, that based on her ability to change her appearance and has psionics, could only be a handful of demonic types. As his thoughts grind away at the possibilities, Domingo is left with only a singular conclusion: Melanie must be a Raksasha... one of the most powerful demon types capable of metamorphosis and subterfuge.

The mind melter tries to draw out more information from Melanie with his probing questions. And prepares himself for the possibility of violence.

In response to his words, Melanie takes a half-step forward with a pleading outstretched hand causing Domingo to reflexively flinch (despite the lack of a sixth sense alarm). Before breaking down crying, burying her face in her hands and falling to her knees. Melanie's sobs sound genuine and Domingo yearns to comfort her.

Barric:
Barric communicates his intentions to monitor the homeless man to his team. His telepathic foray into the man's mind is met with resistance and suspicion. Barric sees the man's eyes dart about seeking the source of the intrusion. The mystic concludes that either he is somewhat psychic himself, or has been trained in the ways of telepathy countermeasures. When he tries to see the man's aura, the picture becomes more clear. Though dressed in rags, the man is powerful (10th level). He lacks any psionics or magic, so must be traditionally trained in spycraft to pull off the disguise. The homeless man speaks into his shoulders for a moment, the words lost to Barric due to the lighting and distance, before gathering his things, standing up and leaving the area (unless Barric decides to try to stop him).

Jezebel:
Confronted with the puzzle of the repeater box, Jezebel patiently and intelligently solves it. Rather than try to open it the obvious way, or try to disable the obvious trap, she successfully unhinges the clamshell and takes a small peek inside. Using her extensive experience at bomb disposal, she can see that there is no second booby trap inside. She is subsequently able to pry the clamshell open enough to stick the tracker on the inside before closing up the unit, restoring it to the state it was in before her arrival and then slinking her way back to the team.

If/When she makes her way back up to the rooftop where Wesley and Max are, the Arismal finds the two no longer peeking over the edge of the roof, but rather huddled over a single computer screen filled with a rapidly scrolling data stream. "Ack! get your ear poof out of my mouth!" Wesley exclaims to Max in an irritated tone, the close quarters nature of a stake-out clearly straining their relationship. "Gwrarr, let me see!" Max responds excitedly, his tail beginning to swish at a fast beat. When asked about the data stream, both Wesley and Max will reply with the need for more time to process the data.
Lucid Dreams
 

Re: Intrigue: Countdown [A MercTown Adventure]

Postby John » Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:34 pm

Perception: 1d20:
5

JIC: 1d20:
5
/ 1d100:
7


John does his best to keep the two 'ninjas' quiet and focused on the task at hand mentioning in whispers, "Is that equipment bullet proof? Brothels don't take lightly to people trying to plant surveillance in and around their buildings so unless you want to find out I'd suggest quiet." Squatting down he looks at the various screens and tries to figure out what is being displayed, relying on his minimal skill with sensory equipment.

Glancing over as Jezebel returns from her mission he asks simply, "Success?"

Sensory Equipment 43%, trying to read the equipment: 1d100:
87
John Smith
Stats: 226 MDC, 258 PPE
Abilities: Spell Strength 14, Charm/Impress 90%, Invoke Trust/Intimidate 80%, Fire & Cold Resistant (half damage), Bio-Regeneration, Sense Rifts 170 miles, Sense Other Dimensional Disturbances (Teleportation, etc) 85 miles

Sharak (Avian Biomech Familiar)
Stats: 45 MDC
Abilities: Telescopic Vision (2 miles), Natural Radar (2000'), See the Invisible, Sense Evil, Impervious to Diseases that affect flesh & blood animals
User avatar
John
 
Posts: 191
Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:29 pm

Re: Intrigue: Countdown [A MercTown Adventure]

Postby Barric Darkwind » Tue Sep 06, 2016 11:05 pm

Perception: 1d20+2 = 7:
5

JIC: 1d20:
1
| 1d100:
24


Trained in psionic defense...trained in spycraft...yet sitting here spying on a brothel. Why? Is he investigating his handiwork or investigating the signal like we are? Fifty-fifty chance...unless of course he’s just looking for a little late night fun. That would be unfortunate. Muttering a quick incantation under his breath, Barric sets off to follow the man. Invisibility: Simple | Duration: 12 minutes | -6 P.P.E. Barric will maintain his distance enough to not be noticed but close enough to not lose the man. If at any moment it seems as if the man is going to get away i.e. via vehicle, Barric will use Telekinesis: Super to grab the man and prepare to question him. Perhaps this man can answer some our questions for us…. As Barric follows him he will message the group his plans.
The world is full of magic things, patiently waiting for our senses to grow sharper
M.D.C.: 165/165
P.P.E.: 91/113
I.S.P.: 87/97
Conditions
• -20% to detect w/ Thermal Systems
• 1/2 damage from all forms of fire
• Sense Supernatural Evil: 340'
• Horror Factor: 13
• Nightvision: 300'
• Sixth Sense
Equipment
• NG Stalker Suit
• N-F20A: 75/75
• Talisman P.P.E. Ring: 50/50

Accurate as of 10JUL17
User avatar
Barric Darkwind
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 116
Joined: Thu May 21, 2015 9:30 pm

Re: Intrigue: Countdown [A MercTown Adventure]

Postby Jezebel » Thu Sep 08, 2016 6:04 pm

Perception: 1d20+9 = 27:
18

JIC: 1d20:
7
/ 1d100:
88


Lucid Dreams wrote:((GM mini-update))
Jezebel:
Confronted with the puzzle of the repeater box, Jezebel patiently and intelligently solves it. Rather than try to open it the obvious way, or try to disable the obvious trap, she successfully unhinges the clamshell and takes a small peek inside. Using her extensive experience at bomb disposal, she can see that there is no second booby trap inside. She is subsequently able to pry the clamshell open enough to stick the tracker on the inside before closing up the unit, restoring it to the state it was in before her arrival and then slinking her way back to the team.

When she makes her way back up to the rooftop where Wesley and Max are, the Arismal finds the two no longer peeking over the edge of the roof, but rather huddled over a single computer screen filled with a rapidly scrolling data stream. "Ack! get your ear poof out of my mouth!" Wesley exclaims to Max in an irritated tone, the close quarters nature of a stake-out clearly straining their relationship. "Gwrarr, let me see!" Max responds excitedly, his tail beginning to swish at a fast beat. When asked about the data stream, both Wesley and Max will reply with the need for more time to process the data.

John wrote:John does his best to keep the two 'ninjas' quiet and focused on the task at hand mentioning in whispers, "Is that equipment bullet proof? Brothels don't take lightly to people trying to plant surveillance in and around their buildings so unless you want to find out I'd suggest quiet." Squatting down he looks at the various screens and tries to figure out what is being displayed, relying on his minimal skill with sensory equipment.

Glancing over as Jezebel returns from her mission he asks simply, "Success?"

Rolling her eyes at the amateurish behavior of the two techies, Jez rolls her eyes. Vinayaka's wisdom shelter us from idiots and amateurs. This pair is going to get us discovered if they don't reign in their excitement. In response to John's query she merely nods. She communicates the success of her mission by giving the two excited nerds a thumbs-up. During covert operations there's no point in speaking when body language, hand gestures, and the like will suffice; verbalized communication is actually detrimental in most cases. She lightly cuffs Max and Wesley on the backs of their heads and puts a finger over her lips to gesture for them to be silent. She then raises an eyebrow and dips her head in between them, pulling back her hair from her ears to indicate that they should whisper what they've found so far.
com⋅pli⋅cat⋅ed [kom-pli-key-tid] –adjective: 1. composed of elaborately interconnected parts; complex. 2. difficult to analyze, understand. Synonyms: involved, tangled, Jezebel
Don't PM this account. Send all PMs to Augur.
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Conditions
Note: Critical strike on an unmodified roll of 18, 19 or 20.
-10% Penalty when using skills to operate in unfamiliar, high-tech Rifts science & engineering fields.
H.P.: 51
S.D.C.: 98/98
P.T.P.: 1550/1550
• Charm/Impress: 60%
• Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 88%
• Nightvision: 600'
• Resistant to Energy Damage
• Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
• Can perform a non-combat action at no cost and without penalty even while engaged in combat
• Embodiment of physical perfection for her race; Appears to be one level higher and more powerful than actual; Tends to be fidgety and has trouble sleeping; Ambidextrous

Gear
(Equipment post is up to date.)

Image
User avatar
Jezebel
Group Leader
 
Posts: 514
Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 9:15 am
Location: lloyd.ritchey at gmail

Re: Intrigue: Countdown [A MercTown Adventure]

Postby John » Sat Sep 10, 2016 10:23 pm

John smiles briefly at Jezebel's successful planting of the device and turns back to the equipment to continue trying to make sense of the readings. However try as he might Wesley's equipment is way beyond his basic training in sensory equipment.
John Smith
Stats: 226 MDC, 258 PPE
Abilities: Spell Strength 14, Charm/Impress 90%, Invoke Trust/Intimidate 80%, Fire & Cold Resistant (half damage), Bio-Regeneration, Sense Rifts 170 miles, Sense Other Dimensional Disturbances (Teleportation, etc) 85 miles

Sharak (Avian Biomech Familiar)
Stats: 45 MDC
Abilities: Telescopic Vision (2 miles), Natural Radar (2000'), See the Invisible, Sense Evil, Impervious to Diseases that affect flesh & blood animals
User avatar
John
 
Posts: 191
Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:29 pm

Re: Intrigue: Countdown [A MercTown Adventure]

Postby Domingo » Sun Sep 11, 2016 2:28 pm

Perception: 1d20+5 = 6:
1

JIC: 1d20:
19
, 1d100:
32


Conditions: Compulsion spell and See Aura

ISP: 103/179

Domingo:
A look of surprise flits across Melanie's face when Domingo steps away from her. As Dom focuses his mind to see auras, he sees that hers is ordinary. Almost too ordinary. Melanie appears to be low to mid-level in regards to power, has no indication of psionics, magic, or possession. That itch in the back of Dom's mind grows as he thinks that this aura doesn't suit the extroverted and intoxicating Melanie he knows. Then it dawns on him that the aura he is seeing is likely one of someone who has intentionally psionically altered it.

Adding that nugget of information to his knowledge of demonic lore, Domingo now suspects that if Melanie is a demon, that based on her ability to change her appearance and has psionics, could only be a handful of demonic types. As his thoughts grind away at the possibilities, Domingo is left with only a singular conclusion: Melanie must be a Raksasha... one of the most powerful demon types capable of metamorphosis and subterfuge.

The mind melter tries to draw out more information from Melanie with his probing questions. And prepares himself for the possibility of violence.

In response to his words, Melanie takes a half-step forward with a pleading outstretched hand causing Domingo to reflexively flinch (despite the lack of a sixth sense alarm). Before breaking down crying, burying her face in her hands and falling to her knees. Melanie's sobs sound genuine and Domingo yearns to comfort her.




Domingo finds his that his heart is trying to cloud his a mind as he hears Melanie sobbing. He begins to step forward, but catches himself. Stop you fool, don't fall for her ploy... He freezes mid-thought willing himself to not move forward. He locks his eyes on what he now knows to be a powerful demon.

" Why do you now cry? Was it not you who put me under your spell? What did you seek to gain by this? Did you plan to bring me here to lure me to my death?" He knows he is outmatched by such a powerful evil force, but it is not in his nature to back down. He is prepared to put up a Mind Block -4 ISP should the demon attempt to use it's psychic powers against him, but will hold off unless necessary since it handicaps him at the same time. He continues to question the demon, " Did you think to manipulate me, bring me to do your bidding? Come now, do you think I am such a simple man." He will keep his distance, but circle Melanie as he speaks. " Your game is up, reveal your nature. You can not hide in Merctown any longer." Domingo must let the others know what is going on, but he is unsure of where or how far they may be at this time. He could try to reach out via telepathy, but he is fairly sure that from this secluded location no one will be close enough to hear it. He has his radio, but to use it will alert Melanie. I need to trick this creature, convince it to leave this place. " You have underestimated my team and me, and in doing so you have brought us to this point." Domingo subtlety puts a hand into his pocket as he speaks. " My team caught onto you at the restaurant and discovered that you were not what you appeared to be." From inside his pocket, he will push the button on his remote that goes to his hovercycle and activate it's homing feature. " They have already notified the Merctown defenders and should be converging on this point at any moment. I am sure you will be happy to explain yourself and what you are planning to them." With his backstory in place he will then make a gambled play and push his luck. " Before coming here tonight, my team planted a tracker on me. Knowing that I would be drawn to you and in doing so lead them straight to you. Now, I don't truly know what your plan for me was tonight or if it even went further than this place. But, it is over..." Domingo will key up his radio on the Explorer's net " Explorers, I am with the target, code-name Diablo, at the National Park. Go for Defender pickup on my tracker coordinates." He will continue to stall for time keeping his distance from Melanie as he speaks. Though he does hope that maybe, just maybe someone from the team is able to respond, he is prepared to go with his only other option.

He will continue to stall with Melanie until either she reveals her nature and attacks, she flees the area, or his hovercycle arrives at his location. If the situation is still under control when the cycle arrives, he will project a forcefield over Melanie to make good his escape. If the team is able to get to him or manage to get Merctown Defenders to his location, then he will assist as needed.
Domingo
Sixth Sense (automatic)

P.P.E.: 4
I.S.P.: 179
H.P.: 35
S.D.C.: 27

Saving Throw Bonuses
+2 vs. Psychic/Insanity
+4 vs. Possession
+2 vs. Mind Control
+3 vs. Magic Illusions
+4 vs. Horror Factor

Bandito w/ Branaghan Overcoat
MDC by Location
Helmet: 30
Arms: 18/8 each
Legs: 24/12 each
Main Body: 38/28
Modifiers: -5% movement and physical skill penalty, -10% to swimming

NG-57( right holster on belt)
Range: 500 ft Damage: 2d4 or 3d6 MD
Payload: 10

TW Firebolt Pistol (on Thigh holster- right leg)
Range: 450 ft Damage: 4D6 MD per blast of magic fire
Rate of Fire: Single shot, each blast costs as 1 melee attack
Payload: 10 shots

TW-38 Endless Revolver(left holster on belt)
Range:500ft Damage: 4d6 SDC
Payload: 38 shots

Silver Plated Vibro-Rapier-2d6 MD (left side), Silver Dagger x 2- 1d6 sdc (one in each boot)

NE-HC-120 "Shadow" Stealth Combat Hovercycle - 210 MDC
User avatar
Domingo
 
Posts: 286
Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 1:22 am
Location: Rifts PC (Explorers Inc.)

Re: Intrigue: Countdown [A MercTown Adventure]

Postby Lucid Dreams » Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:54 am

John & Jezebel (on the roof):
John tries to quiet down the bickering nerds with limited success. They take his advice in the form of more hushed arguments rather than being silent altogether.

The team's radio crackles to life with Barric notifying the squad of his intentions to follow the mystery man that was surveying the escort building.

After completing her mission, Jez is back on the roof and echoes John's desire for more stealth but uses a pinch of martial punishment, cuffing them upside the head, to urge them to listen when simple words were not heeded. Trying to practice what she preaches, Jezebel leans in and tries to non-verbally inquire as to what news they have so far. Wesley and Max exchange a brief glance before shaking their head once and re-doubling their efforts. After another few minutes, Wesley whispers, "We don't have to wait on the rooftop, the trace program has begun but may take some time to cross-reference. We can retire to the comforts of my office to collect the information just as easily." In an effort to sweeten the pot, he adds, "And I have a fully-stocked snack-bar there too."

While waiting to decide, the team's frequency chirps again, this time with Domingo's voice. And the team suspects he may be speaking of Melanie.
Team radio: Domingo wrote: " Explorers, I am with the target, code-name Diablo, at the National Park. Go for Defender pickup on my tracker coordinates."


Barric:
Barric radios his team his intentions before cloaking himself in simple invisibility and following the man. The Tokanii is confident that he is not noticed and successfully trails the man for several city blocks. During that time, Barric notices that his gait and demeanor change to something quite professional, military even. Barric comes to the conclusion that if he allows his quarry to cover another few blocks in distance, he may miss his opportunity to capture/question him. He is about to enact his telekinetically-assisted plan when a dark-grey commercial hover sedan clears the corner and pulls up to meet the man ((you can thank your JIC for the inopportune timing)). Though the windows are tinted, Barric thinks that he makes out two additional figures sitting in the front seats (with the man intending to sit in the back). Barric figures if he plans to engage in combat, it is now or never ((combat post)). As if to complicate matters, Barric's radio chirps to life.

Team radio: Domingo wrote: " Explorers, I am with the target, code-name Diablo, at the National Park. Go for Defender pickup on my tracker coordinates."


Domingo:
As Domingo counters Melanie's ploy with a gamble of his own, he can see the effect of his words on Melanie. Her sobbing stops almost immediately, but her face remains buried in her hands. The Mexican pushes his advantage, calling her out, trying to force her hand. He urges her to reveal her true nature and suggests that she is already trapped in a net of the team's manufacturing. During this time, Melanie's body seems sullen, her shoulders remain fixed in a slouched position. For a long, silent minute after Domingo finishes talking, all is quiet and unmoving. In fact, even the crickets that had been chirping when he first entered the park have fallen mute. Then, her shoulders begin to jump, accompanied by short exhalations of breath and at first Domingo wonders if the sobbing has resumed. He quickly corrects himself however as the volume on Melanie's voice ratchets up. In a slow crescendo, she goes from a light chuckle to a full-throated laugh that jingles with an eerie undertone that sounds to Dom's ears like the whispers of a cacophony of voices wailing for their souls to be freed.

Melanie rises to her feet confidently and looks Dom straight in the eyes. She wears a wicked smile on her face that suggests she knows something he does not. "Not a bad attempt at intrigue, but you rushed the delivery my dear. For future reference, demanding that a villain reveal their insidious plan only works in those silly holo-vids or on mindless henchmen." Melanie pauses as if to consider her own words, tapping a well-manicured finger on her full lips in genuine reflection. "I suppose if you managed to work said villain up into a frenzy first, or if they had some manner of inner desire to get caught, then your plan may have worked."

"Unfortunately for you," Melanie continues, cocking her hip and resting a free hand on it, "I am none of those things. What I am though, is curious. Curious how you intend to play your hand. Curious to see what other assumptions you make about me, my plans, or my resources." Melanie straightens up again and folds her arms beneath her bosom, inadvertently pushing them up to greater prominence. "I enjoy these games. And am eager to see your team again. So I will remain here." Her eyes remain resolutely fixed on Domingo's and are filled with excitement. "Your move little Dommie." Domingo swears that the newly created pet name 'Dommie' almost sounds like 'dummy' coming out of her mouth. It is clear to the mind melter that she has no intention of running, nor revealing her true nature or her plans.

Domingo's hovercycle is en route ((very cool feature)) and if unimpeded, will arrive shortly.
==============
GM Note: If the squad decides to converge on the park and confront Melanie, (if by battle) then include a first-round combat post in your next post (in addition to resolving, travel, and marching orders). Domingo is welcome to continue to dialogue with her for a bit. She is not going anywhere. Also, MercTown defenders has not officially been called yet (a part of your bluff). If you intend to do so, please state so in the upcoming post.
==============
Lucid Dreams
 

Re: Intrigue: Countdown [A MercTown Adventure]

Postby Jezebel » Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:53 am

Perception: 1d20+9 = 16:
7

JIC: 1d20:
14
/ 1d100:
14


Lucid Dreams wrote:John & Jezebel (on the roof):
Wesley whispers, "We don't have to wait on the rooftop, the trace program has begun but may take some time to cross-reference. We can retire to the comforts of my office to collect the information just as easily." In an effort to sweeten the pot, he adds, "And I have a fully-stocked snack-bar there too."

While waiting to decide, the team's frequency chirps again, this time with Domingo's voice. And the team suspects he may be speaking of Melanie.
Team radio: Domingo wrote: " Explorers, I am with the target, code-name Diablo, at the National Park. Go for Defender pickup on my tracker coordinates."


Her goggles up, Jez regards the others assembled on the roof. She's just about to agree that they should all return to Wesley's place to review the data more securely when the radio communique comes in. "Well, I guess I'll have to take a rain check on those snacks, Wesley."

That greasy bastard. He better be in serious trouble or I'll bury him in that park myself. She looks to the new guy. It's John, right? He looks to be the only one of the trio who might be a man of action. "John, if you're up for even more excitement tonight, perhaps you'll follow me to the National Park to rescue our erstwhile leader? My hovercycle's a one-seater, but if you like to live dangerously you could always hold on for dear life and use one of the outboard engines as a sidestep."

She eyes Wes and Max. "You two high-tail it back to Wesley's and parse the data. Once we have Domingo, we're going to need some answers. I'll radio you for directions once we've hauled Greasy's bacon from the fire."

Jez makes her way from the rooftop in a hurry, totally abandoning stealth. She makes her way directly to her waiting NG-424 Hornet, climbs on, and merges with the control panel. If John elects to live dangerously, she'll do her best to compensate for the hovercycle being off-balance, but she's not going to fly conservatively. She guns it for the National Park at top speed. She does not respond to Domingo's radio communique. Let him stew in his worries. He deserves it.

Hovercycles, Skycycles & Rocket Bikes ☞ 79+25%=104% / 1d100:
80
(minus whatever modifier for the balance-ruining, outboard passenger if applicable)

Once she reaches the National Park, she'll allow the Hornet to settle close enough to ground as John needs to disembark. She doesn't want to rush in directly to Domingo's position, but to approach it from a distance with eyes on target in order to get some idea of what's transpiring. The Hornet's forward headlights will be trained on Melanie as soon as the woman is within range of the lights.
com⋅pli⋅cat⋅ed [kom-pli-key-tid] –adjective: 1. composed of elaborately interconnected parts; complex. 2. difficult to analyze, understand. Synonyms: involved, tangled, Jezebel
Don't PM this account. Send all PMs to Augur.
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Conditions
Note: Critical strike on an unmodified roll of 18, 19 or 20.
-10% Penalty when using skills to operate in unfamiliar, high-tech Rifts science & engineering fields.
H.P.: 51
S.D.C.: 98/98
P.T.P.: 1550/1550
• Charm/Impress: 60%
• Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 88%
• Nightvision: 600'
• Resistant to Energy Damage
• Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
• Can perform a non-combat action at no cost and without penalty even while engaged in combat
• Embodiment of physical perfection for her race; Appears to be one level higher and more powerful than actual; Tends to be fidgety and has trouble sleeping; Ambidextrous

Gear
(Equipment post is up to date.)

Image
User avatar
Jezebel
Group Leader
 
Posts: 514
Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 9:15 am
Location: lloyd.ritchey at gmail

Re: Intrigue: Countdown [A MercTown Adventure]

Postby Barric Darkwind » Sat Sep 17, 2016 1:04 pm

Perception: 1d20+2 = 7:
5

JIC: 1d20:
20
| 1d100:
74

Initiative: 1d20+1 = 11:
10

APM: 6

Barric grits his teeth and lets out something close to a growl as his radio comes to life. Dammit, Domingo! Now you come back to reality? Gah. I have to come to his assistance. Balling his hands into a fist, Barric tenses before grabbing his radio, “Barric inbound.” Barric will then turn and begin sprinting towards the park. All the while, the Tokanii will curse Domingo a thousand times over under his breath. After Melanie, I may have to sink my claws into that psychic. As Barric arrives at the park, he maintains his invisibility and keeps his eyes trained on Melanie. I’m sure she can see me. She’s a demon after all..or at least I assume she is. I’m not playing around anymore in this town. It’s time to bring the house. I’ve had enough of this night. These people will feel the true rage of a Tokanii soon enough.

Action 1: Close to within 70’ of Melanie
Action 2: Cast Carpet of Adhesion under Melanie’s feet
Action 3: Cast Befuddle on Melanie
Action 4: Cast Globe of Daylight and hover it over Melanie’s head
Action 5: Close to within 20’ of Domingo / save for repeat cast of any failed spells
Action 6: Speak, “Reveal your true nature, Demon. I am not the one to play games with.”

Parries (+5 included): 1d20+5 = 19:
14
, 1d20+5 = 19:
14
, 1d20+5 = 7:
2
, 1d20+5 = 21:
16
, 1d20+5 = 25:
20

Dodges (+3 included): 1d20+3 = 19:
16
, 1d20+3 = 18:
15
, 1d20+3 = 15:
12
, 1d20+3 = 12:
9
, 1d20+3 = 7:
4
The world is full of magic things, patiently waiting for our senses to grow sharper
M.D.C.: 165/165
P.P.E.: 91/113
I.S.P.: 87/97
Conditions
• -20% to detect w/ Thermal Systems
• 1/2 damage from all forms of fire
• Sense Supernatural Evil: 340'
• Horror Factor: 13
• Nightvision: 300'
• Sixth Sense
Equipment
• NG Stalker Suit
• N-F20A: 75/75
• Talisman P.P.E. Ring: 50/50

Accurate as of 10JUL17
User avatar
Barric Darkwind
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 116
Joined: Thu May 21, 2015 9:30 pm

Re: Intrigue: Countdown [A MercTown Adventure]

Postby John » Sun Sep 18, 2016 10:10 pm

Perception: 1d20:
4

JIC: 1d20:
1
/ 1d100:
78


John mull's the offer for a few moments before smiling and saying, "Sure, I'll risk it." Following her off the roof he climbs on the back of the Hornet as best he can trusting in his preternatural strength and study of gymnastics to try and minimize the burden on Jezebel's piloting. If she chances to glance the merging takes him aback for a moment but he keeps his thoughts to himself. He'd seen a lot of strange things in his almost three hundred years but a person extruding bio mechanical tendrils that melt into a hovercycle ranks up there pretty high. Instead he asks, "This leader the fellow from earlier you coldcocked? What's he need rescuing from?"

When they arrive at the park he hops off the hovercycle and casts a shadow meld incantation on himself (6 minute duration, 10 PPE) then moves off at an angle to approach from a different direction than Jezebel (he can cover a mile in 2.5 minutes). When he gets close to Domingo and Melanie he crouches and waits to see how the situation develops.

Sense of Balance 53%, during ride over: 5d100:
67, 8, 17, 96, 33


If/when combat begins:

Initiative: 1d20+2 = 13:
11

APM: 4

Action 1: Cast Armor of Ithan on himself, 30 MDC, 12 round duration, 10 PPE
Action 2: Activate Enhance Reflexes, 24 round duration, 10 ISP, +1 APM, +3 Initiative, +1 Strike, +2 Parry, +2 Dodge, +2 PP, +15% to physical skills
Action 3: Activate Strength of Mind, 24 round duration, 10 ISP, +10 PS, +5 PE, +20 SDC
Action 4: Held, dodge: 1d20+8 = 22:
14

Action 5: Held, dodge: 1d20+8 = 10:
2


Contingencies: If John believes Melanie is a mortal SDC being he obviously won't turn her into pulp but will instead use his SN strength to pin her. If the extra action from Enhance Reflexes doesn't start until next round then skip action 5.

Old, ignore, realized Barric cast COA:
Action 4: Body Block/Ram Melanie, Strike: 1d20+5 = 21:
16
, Damage: 1d4:
1
, 60% chance of knockdown
Action 5: Depending on the results of action 4, pin her in place if she was knocked down (+2), otherwise reserve for dodge (+8): Roll: 1d20:
17
John Smith
Stats: 226 MDC, 258 PPE
Abilities: Spell Strength 14, Charm/Impress 90%, Invoke Trust/Intimidate 80%, Fire & Cold Resistant (half damage), Bio-Regeneration, Sense Rifts 170 miles, Sense Other Dimensional Disturbances (Teleportation, etc) 85 miles

Sharak (Avian Biomech Familiar)
Stats: 45 MDC
Abilities: Telescopic Vision (2 miles), Natural Radar (2000'), See the Invisible, Sense Evil, Impervious to Diseases that affect flesh & blood animals
User avatar
John
 
Posts: 191
Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:29 pm

Re: Intrigue: Countdown [A MercTown Adventure]

Postby Jezebel » Tue Sep 20, 2016 2:05 pm

(rolls held over)

John wrote:"This leader the fellow from earlier you cold-cocked?"


Jez hollers over at John through the noise of the whooshing air passing by. "Yup. Same guy."

John wrote:"What's he need rescuing from?"


Jez smiles broadly as she hollers again at John. "As always, from himself. Hold on tight, I'm taking her down!"
com⋅pli⋅cat⋅ed [kom-pli-key-tid] –adjective: 1. composed of elaborately interconnected parts; complex. 2. difficult to analyze, understand. Synonyms: involved, tangled, Jezebel
Don't PM this account. Send all PMs to Augur.
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Conditions
Note: Critical strike on an unmodified roll of 18, 19 or 20.
-10% Penalty when using skills to operate in unfamiliar, high-tech Rifts science & engineering fields.
H.P.: 51
S.D.C.: 98/98
P.T.P.: 1550/1550
• Charm/Impress: 60%
• Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 88%
• Nightvision: 600'
• Resistant to Energy Damage
• Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
• Can perform a non-combat action at no cost and without penalty even while engaged in combat
• Embodiment of physical perfection for her race; Appears to be one level higher and more powerful than actual; Tends to be fidgety and has trouble sleeping; Ambidextrous

Gear
(Equipment post is up to date.)

Image
User avatar
Jezebel
Group Leader
 
Posts: 514
Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 9:15 am
Location: lloyd.ritchey at gmail

Re: Intrigue: Countdown [A MercTown Adventure]

Postby Domingo » Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:00 pm

Perception: 1d20+5 = 22:
17

1d20:
14
1d100:
84


Conditions: Compulsion

ISP: 103/179

Domingo:
As Domingo counters Melanie's ploy with a gamble of his own, he can see the effect of his words on Melanie. Her sobbing stops almost immediately, but her face remains buried in her hands. The Mexican pushes his advantage, calling her out, trying to force her hand. He urges her to reveal her true nature and suggests that she is already trapped in a net of the team's manufacturing. During this time, Melanie's body seems sullen, her shoulders remain fixed in a slouched position. For a long, silent minute after Domingo finishes talking, all is quiet and unmoving. In fact, even the crickets that had been chirping when he first entered the park have fallen mute. Then, her shoulders begin to jump, accompanied by short exhalations of breath and at first Domingo wonders if the sobbing has resumed. He quickly corrects himself however as the volume on Melanie's voice ratchets up. In a slow crescendo, she goes from a light chuckle to a full-throated laugh that jingles with an eerie undertone that sounds to Dom's ears like the whispers of a cacophony of voices wailing for their souls to be freed.

Melanie rises to her feet confidently and looks Dom straight in the eyes. She wears a wicked smile on her face that suggests she knows something he does not. "Not a bad attempt at intrigue, but you rushed the delivery my dear. For future reference, demanding that a villain reveal their insidious plan only works in those silly holo-vids or on mindless henchmen." Melanie pauses as if to consider her own words, tapping a well-manicured finger on her full lips in genuine reflection. "I suppose if you managed to work said villain up into a frenzy first, or if they had some manner of inner desire to get caught, then your plan may have worked."

"Unfortunately for you," Melanie continues, cocking her hip and resting a free hand on it, "I am none of those things. What I am though, is curious. Curious how you intend to play your hand. Curious to see what other assumptions you make about me, my plans, or my resources." Melanie straightens up again and folds her arms beneath her bosom, inadvertently pushing them up to greater prominence. "I enjoy these games. And am eager to see your team again. So I will remain here." Her eyes remain resolutely fixed on Domingo's and are filled with excitement. "Your move little Dommie." Domingo swears that the newly created pet name 'Dommie' almost sounds like 'dummy' coming out of her mouth. It is clear to the mind melter that she has no intention of running, nor revealing her true nature or her plans.

Domingo's hovercycle is en route ((very cool feature)) and if unimpeded, will arrive shortly.



Domingo keeps his distance from the demon, I sure hope someone has heard my radio call, not sure if I can take her... I mean it, by myself. " Clearly the move is all yours Melanie. It was of course your intention to bring me to this place, so you must surely be upset that I have resisted you now." Domingo stays focused on Melanie's every movement, he watches her eyes and body movements to try and predict what she might do. What is her play here? She seems to be welcoming a challenge, does she hope to prove herself... and to whom. " I rather like the whole comic book villain play. So if you don't plan to reveal yours, then I guess I will have to share my own." Interrogation 1d100:
46
out of 50% possible -20% depending on how you read the skill- though not trying to use torture...

" It seems you have made the same mistake that all of the demons before you have made. You underestimate, you think you are so superior, but in truth you like the others put themselves into our trap." Domingo smiles as he speaks, " Now to be honest, when I went to the realty office... I really was just looking to buy a house. So I was surprised to discover you there. Oh, what a beautiful specimen you are. I could not believe how lucky I was to find you." Domingo chuckles a little bit, continuing to pace around and keep his distance from Melanie. " Did you really not find it strange that I not resist your charms? You only made it easier for us to lure you out. Hell, I actually thought I might have to use my own powers, but you were so eager." Domingo smiles again, " Now the interesting part is what the others have planned for you... I will have to leave that part as a surprise. But, I promise you it will be something you won't forget."

Barric wrote:Barric grits his teeth and lets out something close to a growl as his radio comes to life. Dammit, Domingo! Now you come back to reality? Gah. I have to come to his assistance. Balling his hands into a fist, Barric tenses before grabbing his radio, “Barric inbound.” Barric will then turn and begin sprinting towards the park. All the while, the Tokanii will curse Domingo a thousand times over under his breath. After Melanie, I may have to sink my claws into that psychic. As Barric arrives at the park, he maintains his invisibility and keeps his eyes trained on Melanie. I’m sure she can see me. She’s a demon after all..or at least I assume she is. I’m not playing around anymore in this town. It’s time to bring the house. I’ve had enough of this night. These people will feel the true rage of a Tokanii soon enough.



Hearing the radio come to life with Barric's voice brings a surge of courage to Domingo. He replies back, " Barric, good to hear. Diablo is still at location, looks like she is wanting to stay and play." He turns back to the demon, " Oh Barric... Melanie, surely you have some interesting quip to make about his name as well. He hates those like you so much, I was afraid he was going to blow the whole plan back at the restaurant. If he would of had it his way, then we would of had a mess for sure." Domingo continues to circle, " Now, I didn't plan to be in this park tonight, I honestly figured you would have brought me somewhere else. But, this park is a good place, plenty of room for us to stretch our legs. Plus, we want have to worry about any bystanders. I really hate when we have to explain unfortunate messes."

Domingo will continue to stall for as long as possible, he is still hoping to convince the demon into revealing it's true form. He really hates to have to look upon such a beautiful form, knowing that this is really a vile creature of evil. It would be so much easier to release his hatred. Domingo will wait for the team to converge, if it is the team and not just Barric of course. Should it only be Barric, then he would be fine with using the escape plan. But, he feels that the combined team can beat this evil. Either way, his hovercycle should arrive around the same time as Barric either way. He will get on it as soon as possible, hopefully before combat actually begins.

When it does come time for combat, then Domingo will use the following actions:

Int: 1d20+3 = 13:
10


Action 1: Psychic Body Field: 70 MDC -30 ISP
Action 2: Mind Block -10 ISP
Action 3: He will take his cycle out a bit further from the demon and continue circling. He will try and stay around 300-400 ft away from the demon.
Action 4: Fire Particle Beam Strike:1d20:
12
and Damage: 6d6+6 = 28:
1, 4, 4, 6, 3, 4
MD
Action 5: Fire Particle Beam Strike:1d20:
9
and Damage: 6d6+6 = 26:
6, 3, 6, 1, 1, 3
MD


If needed Domingo will use the last two actions for dodging if needed. Dodge 1d20+6 = 15:
9
, 1d20+6 = 19:
13
Domingo
Sixth Sense (automatic)

P.P.E.: 4
I.S.P.: 179
H.P.: 35
S.D.C.: 27

Saving Throw Bonuses
+2 vs. Psychic/Insanity
+4 vs. Possession
+2 vs. Mind Control
+3 vs. Magic Illusions
+4 vs. Horror Factor

Bandito w/ Branaghan Overcoat
MDC by Location
Helmet: 30
Arms: 18/8 each
Legs: 24/12 each
Main Body: 38/28
Modifiers: -5% movement and physical skill penalty, -10% to swimming

NG-57( right holster on belt)
Range: 500 ft Damage: 2d4 or 3d6 MD
Payload: 10

TW Firebolt Pistol (on Thigh holster- right leg)
Range: 450 ft Damage: 4D6 MD per blast of magic fire
Rate of Fire: Single shot, each blast costs as 1 melee attack
Payload: 10 shots

TW-38 Endless Revolver(left holster on belt)
Range:500ft Damage: 4d6 SDC
Payload: 38 shots

Silver Plated Vibro-Rapier-2d6 MD (left side), Silver Dagger x 2- 1d6 sdc (one in each boot)

NE-HC-120 "Shadow" Stealth Combat Hovercycle - 210 MDC
User avatar
Domingo
 
Posts: 286
Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 1:22 am
Location: Rifts PC (Explorers Inc.)

Re: Intrigue: Countdown [A MercTown Adventure]

Postby Lucid Dreams » Mon Sep 26, 2016 5:31 am

Jezebel & John (rooftop):
Jezebel quickly recruits John for some rescue work and dismiss Max and Wesley to return to Wesley's office. John is quick to agree and the other two begin to pack up all the gear with an enthusiastic nod. Jez and John quickly make for her Hornet and she puts the hovercycle in gear with John balancing precariously on the rear engines. The two make good time and though he loses his footing a couple times due to some aggressive banking, none were catastrophic enough to throw him off.

Everyone (at the park):
At the park, Domingo and Melanie have an eerie stand-off in the twilight. Domingo plays his hand, calling Melanie out as a villain and a demon. The mind melter doubles down on the bluff and suggests that the Raksasha's allure had never really affected him, but rather that he was playing along in an effort to reach this point of capture.

Melanie listens with interest, clearly scrutinizing Domingo as he makes his delivery. About 2/3 of the way through his message, Dom can see that she seems to have come to her own conclusion as to the veracity of his words. Her face wears a look of amusement behind a thin-lipped smile. And when Dom finishes, she merely nods and re-affirms her position, widening her stance in a supremely confident pose. "Good. I am glad I could accommodate you." she replies in a genuine smile that broadens. Domingo is able to fortify his position by generating a psychic body field and a mind block as he circles Melanie, gradually expanding the radius, slowly distancing himself from her. Melanie looks bemused, but patiently waits for the squad to play their hand.

Thanks to the speedy hovercycle and the nearly empty streets, Jezebel and John reach the park quickly. They are the first of the squad to arrive. John dismounts from his precarious mount and takes to the shadows to approach Melanie from a different angle. The low-hanging moon casts long shadows from the multitude of trees. After a quick incantation, the artifact hunter has little difficulty finding purchase in the darkness. Like the legendary shadow-cat, he can only be spotted when he is forced to clear non-shadowed space which are few and far between. Within minutes, he is successful in converging from a different angle and has readied himself for seemingly inevitable combat ((+AoI, Enhanced Reflexes, Strength of Mind)). From his alternate trajectory, John also hears the sounds of a second hovercycle before spotting Domingo's riderless vehicle approaching the discussion.

Jezebel on the other hand, takes a less nuanced approach. After John disembarks, the former Arismal officer cautiously approaches Domingo's position directly. She approaches the scene only to witness a bit of an awkward stand-off between a slowly retreating Domingo (in expanding concentric circles) and a semi-impatient Melanie. Jezebel directs her headlight to illuminate Melanie. Though the demon shades herself with an upraised arm, she does not appear frightened by any stretch of the imagination. Now partially illuminated, if not for the suspicions that she were a demon, Melanie could have been a character plucked straight out of a horror holo-vid. Scantily clad in a form-hugging see-through gown, the front of her garment is covered in rapidly browning blood.

Melanie cocks her head apparently listening for a sound that isn't there. She addresses Domingo, "MercTown Defenders has an excellent response time. I would have thought they would have arrived by now." The demon grins wickedly, "First bluff called. I wonder what else you told me is manufactured fiction... Let's pull on those strings and find out." The demon mimes pulling apart a bowtie before tracing the straps of her gown suggestively. Even at the gradually increasing distance, Melanie flirts with Domingo, insinuating that her charms were much more successful than his bravado claimed.

It is at this point that Barric, the Tokanii mystic arrives on scene. Slower on foot than by hovercycle, Barric doesn't hesitate or mince words. He advances on Melanie and acts. Weaving magic, he lays down a sticky carpet beneath the demon's feet. She looks down at the incantation's manifestation seemingly unworried. The Tokanii doesn't hesitate and continues unleashing magic. His next incantation attempts to befuddle the demon, but does not appear to take hold. Melanie closes her eyes briefly focusing on something internally. Barric then summons a globe of daylight directly above the demon's head much to her amusement. She lets out a bark of a laugh, "What do you think I am, some sort of undead creature terrified of the light? A silly cantrip to waste if I am what you think I am." Barric re-doubles his effort to befuddle Melanie, but fails a second time. A part of him feels like she is somehow even more resilient to the magic now than she was the first time he cast it.

Melanie blinks a couple times. "Is that your best shot?" she goads the squad. "What is your intention, to stick me in place, somehow cripple me with magic and wait for what... daylight? For the morning joggers to start filling the park? Stop wasting my time. Make your moves." The demon bares her beautifully perfect teeth at the gathering in defiance.

==============
GM Note: Combat posts!
Also, we are nearing the end of the quad, so if you wanted to get in one more post before the 1st (to be counted toward potential EP), now's the time to squeeze one in!

==============
Lucid Dreams
 

Re: Intrigue: Countdown [A MercTown Adventure]

Postby Barric Darkwind » Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:33 pm

Perception: 1d20+2 = 16:
14

JIC: 1d20:
4
| 1d100:
75

Initiative: 1d20+1 = 17:
16

APM: 6

Naruni Force Field: 75/75

Barric smiles wickedly at Melanie. Gone is his calm and tempered demeanor and in its place the cold husk an angered Tokanii warrior mage. It was evil like Melanie that gave beings such as himself a bad name. It was their evil deeds that caused the death of countless Tokanii children. Their history paved the way for others to bleed. Not today. Barric was not sure what he was dealing with. His Globe of Daylight had eliminated the possibility of a number of demon types, but it did not eliminate them all. The Tokanii still figured her for a Raksasha and he wasn’t bold enough to assume he could kill one of those with his bare hands. Barric was truly a peace loving man but this woman, no, this thingwas hardly worth peace. The Tokanii learned one lesson in the War: you cannot make peace with that that that is pure evil. Evil does not negotiate, evil does not sway, evil is there to exterminate or be exterminated. I have seen my fair share of extermination. Not today, not with these people. In a calm tone, Barric speaks to Melanie, “Make your peace. It will begin now.”

Action 1: Cast Chromatic Protection | -10 P.P.E. on himself.
Action 2: Activate Naruni ForceField
Action 3: Claw strike at Melanie | Strike: 1d20+5 = 7:
2
| Damage: 6d6+2 = 21:
5, 2, 2, 4, 4, 2
M.D.
Action 4: Claw strike at Melanie | Strike: 1d20+5 = 12:
7
| Damage: 6d6+2 = 29:
6, 6, 6, 4, 3, 2
M.D.
Action 5: Claw strike at Melanie | Strike: 1d20+5 = 25:
20
NAT20! | Damage: 6d6+2 = 33:
6, 6, 6, 1, 6, 6
M.D. x2 = 66 M.D.
Action 6: Claw strike at Melanie | Strike: 1d20+5 = 7:
2
| Damage: 6d6+2 = 25:
6, 6, 2, 1, 2, 6
M.D.

Parries (+5 included): 1d20+5 = 9:
4
, 1d20+5 = 10:
5
, 1d20+5 = 22:
17
, 1d20+5 = 10:
5
, 1d20+5 = 7:
2

Dodges (+3 included): 1d20+3 = 5:
2
, 1d20+3 = 19:
16
, 1d20+3 = 18:
15
, 1d20+3 = 12:
9
, 1d20+3 = 11:
8
The world is full of magic things, patiently waiting for our senses to grow sharper
M.D.C.: 165/165
P.P.E.: 91/113
I.S.P.: 87/97
Conditions
• -20% to detect w/ Thermal Systems
• 1/2 damage from all forms of fire
• Sense Supernatural Evil: 340'
• Horror Factor: 13
• Nightvision: 300'
• Sixth Sense
Equipment
• NG Stalker Suit
• N-F20A: 75/75
• Talisman P.P.E. Ring: 50/50

Accurate as of 10JUL17
User avatar
Barric Darkwind
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 116
Joined: Thu May 21, 2015 9:30 pm

Re: Intrigue: Countdown [A MercTown Adventure]

Postby John » Fri Sep 30, 2016 8:04 pm

Perception: 1d20:
9

JIC: 1d20:
8
/ 1d100:
3


Conditions: 94 PPE, 170 ISP, Armor of Ithan (30 MDC, 11 rounds, 1/2 damage from magical fire/lightning/cold), Enhance Reflexes (23 rounds, +1 APM, +3 Initiative, +2 Strike, +3 Parry, +3 Dodge, +2 PP, +15% to physical skills), Strength of Mind (23 rounds, +10 PS, +5 PE, +45 personal MDC, +3 save vs magic/poison/disease)

Crouched in the darkness watching the scene between Melanie and the Explorers unfold John's mind dredges up a memory of another confrontation in the early years of the cataclysm with a woman in a clearing, soaked in blood. The scene was somewhat different then, dirty, ash mixed snow fell from the sky and buildings burned freely in the background. He was different too, a young NEMA recruit trying to look resolute behind his laser rifle when all he wanted to do was run as far and as fast as he could. Shaking his head to bring himself back to the here and now he reaches over his shoulder for the hilt of his sword but his hand clasps nothing but air. A sigh escapes his lips as he remembers he'd had to abandon his equipment back... well back wherever that was. Ah the life of a dimensional explorer. The scholar in him would love to keep watching, curious what this being might be, but as Barric launches himself at Melanie, John concentrates for a few seconds, fortifying himself against magical attacks, then rushes towards her himself, YOLO.

Initiative: 1d20+5 = 14:
9

APM: 5

Action 1: Activate Resist Magic (15 ISP, 60 round duration, +3 to save, 1/2 damage/effects/duration)
Action 2: Join Barric in the fight. Strike: 1d20+5 = 17:
12
, Damage: 4d6:
2, 5, 1, 2

Action 3: Continue. Strike: 1d20+5 = 16:
11
, Damage: 4d6:
4, 2, 3, 1

Action 4: Continue. Strike: 1d20+5 = 23:
18
, Damage: 4d6:
5, 2, 3, 4

Action 5: Continue. Strike: 1d20+5 = 25:
20
, Damage: 4d6:
5, 2, 2, 2


Auto-Parry (add +8): 5d20:
18, 18, 5, 9, 1

Dodge, if necessary, using up to 2 actions (add +8): 2d20:
11, 18


Contingencies: If his AOI is popped he will immediately cast another. If the 2nd is popped he will activate Resist Damage instead (25 ISP, 60 round duration, 1/2 damage from attacks). If grievously wounded he will teleport away (75 PPE, 1 melee action), he's doing this on a lark and at this point has no loyalty to these people, dying is so final and boring.
John Smith
Stats: 226 MDC, 258 PPE
Abilities: Spell Strength 14, Charm/Impress 90%, Invoke Trust/Intimidate 80%, Fire & Cold Resistant (half damage), Bio-Regeneration, Sense Rifts 170 miles, Sense Other Dimensional Disturbances (Teleportation, etc) 85 miles

Sharak (Avian Biomech Familiar)
Stats: 45 MDC
Abilities: Telescopic Vision (2 miles), Natural Radar (2000'), See the Invisible, Sense Evil, Impervious to Diseases that affect flesh & blood animals
User avatar
John
 
Posts: 191
Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:29 pm

Re: Intrigue: Countdown [A MercTown Adventure]

Postby Jezebel » Sat Oct 01, 2016 5:40 pm

JIC: 1d20:
3
/ 1d100:
87

Perception: 1d20+9 = 24:
15

Prowl ☞ 80% / 1d100:
59
(self-evident)
Detect Ambush ☞ 75% / 1d100:
78
(to spot any ideal areas from which to attack Melanie, and/or from which they might be ambushed in this park)
Climbing ☞ 100% / 1d100:
43
(self-evident)
Detect Concealment ☞ 70% / 1d100:
43
(in conjunction with Detect Ambush, and to see if Melanie is concealing anything about her person)
Intelligence ☞ 70% / 1d100:
36
(looking for any clue that might reveal more about this Melanie character and who/what she might be working for)

Jez dismounts quickly and quietly, hopefully hidden by the brilliant illumination in front of her and staying well out of the light. When dealing with the unknown, stealth and observation are the keys to survival. She repeats to herself in her mind one of the mantras she'd learned while being taught the basics of her profession. Using her MTE Cellphone, she quick-dials the Merctown Defenders. As the phone rings on the other end of her call, she stalks her way to any nearby (within 200' of Melanie's position), high vantage that provides cover. Ideally this is a tree, or some structure behind which she can conceal herself. She keeps her weapons holstered. As she waits for the other end of the line to pick up, she merges with her phone so that she can transmit clearly to the other end without having to make much, if any, actual noise. If/when a Defender picks up, she notifies them in brief of her location and the unfolding situation, ending with a whispered "...and make it snappy. I don't know what this 'woman' is, but she's not normal, and she's clearly dangerous. Out." Frak. I need a sniper rifle, not these pea-shooters. She keeps her senses open to new information, not wanting to get tunnel vision on Melanie, but still tries to scrutinize the target closely for more information.

Initiative: 1d20+5 = 14:
9

Dodges (if needed): 1d20+10 = 23:
13
, 1d20+10 = 18:
8
, 1d20+10 = 28:
18
, 1d20+10 = 24:
14
, 1d20+10 = 13:
3
, 1d20+10 = 15:
5
, 1d20+10 = 22:
12
, 1d20+10 = 25:
15
, 1d20+10 = 21:
11
com⋅pli⋅cat⋅ed [kom-pli-key-tid] –adjective: 1. composed of elaborately interconnected parts; complex. 2. difficult to analyze, understand. Synonyms: involved, tangled, Jezebel
Don't PM this account. Send all PMs to Augur.
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Conditions
Note: Critical strike on an unmodified roll of 18, 19 or 20.
-10% Penalty when using skills to operate in unfamiliar, high-tech Rifts science & engineering fields.
H.P.: 51
S.D.C.: 98/98
P.T.P.: 1550/1550
• Charm/Impress: 60%
• Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 88%
• Nightvision: 600'
• Resistant to Energy Damage
• Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
• Can perform a non-combat action at no cost and without penalty even while engaged in combat
• Embodiment of physical perfection for her race; Appears to be one level higher and more powerful than actual; Tends to be fidgety and has trouble sleeping; Ambidextrous

Gear
(Equipment post is up to date.)

Image
User avatar
Jezebel
Group Leader
 
Posts: 514
Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 9:15 am
Location: lloyd.ritchey at gmail

Re: Intrigue: Countdown [A MercTown Adventure]

Postby Lucid Dreams » Mon Oct 03, 2016 3:52 am

Barric & John (at the park):
"Fine." Melanie says impatiently as Barric and John delay their attacks as they 'spell-up'. "My move."

The metamorphed Raksasha produces an MTE cell phone and speed-dials someone ((Barric and Jezebel notice it is keypad 3)) and holds the phone up to her ear, listening for the pick-up. While the phone rings, Barric and John advance on the immobile Melanie, willingly affixing themselves to the ground made sticky by Barric's carpet of adhesion. Though stuck, they find themselves in prime melee striking distance and collectively begin their two-person assault.

Barric opens with a well-telegraphed claw strike that Melanie deflects easily with her free arm. Instantly, the Tokanii can sense her supernatural strength that confirms his suspicions of her demonic nature. Opposite him, John takes advantage of the opening and delivers a body punch that contacts Melanie's mid-section. It is like striking a mega-crete wall and though she flinches slightly, there is no give. Melanie wears on her face a look of impatience as the person on the other end of the line seems not to have picked up yet, the combat seemingly of secondary importance to her. Barric and John do not let up and remain on the offensive. The Tokanii's second strike is likewise deflected, Melanie's arm moving fluidly from blow to blow. John is able to land his continuing strike, hitting her midsection again with similar results. He can see that his presence is starting to split Melanie's attention as her head moves slightly in his direction to gauge his threat level.

Despite the initial failures, Barric lines up his next strike perfectly. He implements a slight twist to his delivery, corkscrewing his arm to bypass the free arm Melanie used to deflect his previous two strikes and scores a satisfying rake across Melanie's center-of-mass. His sharp claws shred the fabric of Melanie's gown and etch deep crevasses on her body that seem to begin to seal immediately. The Raksasha scowls in displeasure at Barric's success while John continues to use her as his makeshift punching bag and scores another solid body shot.

Then, in an instant, Melanie's face shifts. She sheds the scowl and instead plays the perfect 'damsel-in-distress'. "Francis," she sobs into her phone in a hurried and strained voice, "Help!" Melanie then drops the phone at her feet and turns her full attention to the melee combat. A glint of renewed vigor shines in her eyes and she is able to deflect Barric's last strike. Barric's mistake was again a telegraphing of his intentions as he sought to execute a downward strike. Opposite the Tokanii, John scores himself a beautifully positioned blow, hitting Melani in the pit of her upraised arm, perhaps hitting a nerve cluster based on her response. She yelps in a pitiful girlish cry and reflexively withdraws her arm, babying it with her free hand.

Jezebel (at the park):
Meanwhile, Jezebel slinks away, obscured by the brights of her hovercycle's headlights. She finds no difficulty locating a tree and ascending to a higher vantage point. "MercTown Defenders, what is the state of your emergency?" the voice on the other end of the cell phone asks in a professional tone. Jezebel quickly communicates that they need MTD on-site at the park and emphasizes that the woman they are facing is 'dangerous'. After a brief pause, the dispatcher confirms deployment, "A patrol car is en route to your location. ETA: 1 minute."

From her vantage, Jezebel witnesses the majority of the melee as Barric and John begin their assault against Melanie. Domingo is off to the side at a distance near his own hovercycle, seemingly hesitant, sheepishly remaining a non-combatant. The Arismal officer notes with some unease that despite their best efforts, Barric and John do not seem to be doing any serious damage to Melanie. The battle-hardened vet worries about how the two might fare once she turns her full attention against them as she has only reacted defensively so far. Melanie's behavior seems odd given the situation. She has not tried to escape, has not tried to fight back. In fact, seems to be perfectly content being exactly where she is now. It reeks of a trap of some sort to the military-minded Jezebel.
Lucid Dreams
 

Re: Intrigue: Countdown [A MercTown Adventure]

Postby John » Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:55 pm

Perception: 1d20:
10

JIC: 1d20:
15
/ 1d100:
74


Conditions: 94 PPE, 155 ISP, Armor of Ithan (30 MDC, 10 rounds, 1/2 damage from magical fire/lightning/cold), Enhance Reflexes (22 rounds, +1 APM, +3 Initiative, +2 Strike, +3 Parry, +3 Dodge, +2 PP, +15% to physical skills), Strength of Mind (22 rounds, +10 PS, +5 PE, +45 personal MDC, +3 save vs magic/poison/disease), Resist Magic (59 round duration, +3 to save, 1/2 damage/effects/duration)

Stupid Johnny boy, should have smashed that phone as soon as you got close, John thought as the phone fell to the ground. What's her angle? She's not trying to flee yet she's not really trying to fight either. He found the Carpet of Adhesion somewhat limiting and it caused him to be conservative with his movments, the last thing he needed to do was loose his balance and get one of his hands stuck too. As the battle continues he gets more tactical with his attacks, looking for openings when Melanie's attention is on Barric and trying to create openings for him should the woman turn her attention to John.

Initiative: 1d20+5 = 7:
2

APM: 5

Action 1: Fight Melanie. Strike: 1d20+5 = 6:
1
, Damage: 4d6:
6, 5, 4, 4

Action 2: Continue. Strike: 1d20+5 = 14:
9
, Damage: 4d6:
3, 2, 4, 6

Action 3: Continue. Strike: 1d20+5 = 25:
20
, Damage: 4d6:
6, 4, 6, 1

Action 4: Continue. Strike: 1d20+5 = 12:
7
, Damage: 4d6:
1, 1, 4, 6

Action 5: Continue. Strike: 1d20+5 = 11:
6
, Damage: 4d6:
6, 5, 1, 2


Auto-Parry (add +8): 5d20:
6, 12, 3, 5, 19

Dodge, if necessary, using up to 2 actions (add +8): 2d20:
1, 14


Contingencies: If his AOI is popped he will activate Resist Damage instead (25 ISP, 60 round duration, 1/2 damage from attacks). If grievously wounded he will teleport away (75 PPE, 1 melee action), he's doing this on a lark and at this point has no loyalty to these people, dying is so final and boring.

If the COA is removed John will stomp the discarded phone to keep it from emitting any kind of homing signal and if/when Barric has succeeded in throwing Melanie to the ground, whether his magic net works or not John will add over it an Energy Field (10 PPE, 3 min duration, 60 MDC) tightly fitted around her and move out of her line of sight. Use other actions for dodge. If there is a spare action not needed for the above use one for Lore: Demons & Monsters 65%, try to identify Melanie: 1d100:
76
John Smith
Stats: 226 MDC, 258 PPE
Abilities: Spell Strength 14, Charm/Impress 90%, Invoke Trust/Intimidate 80%, Fire & Cold Resistant (half damage), Bio-Regeneration, Sense Rifts 170 miles, Sense Other Dimensional Disturbances (Teleportation, etc) 85 miles

Sharak (Avian Biomech Familiar)
Stats: 45 MDC
Abilities: Telescopic Vision (2 miles), Natural Radar (2000'), See the Invisible, Sense Evil, Impervious to Diseases that affect flesh & blood animals
User avatar
John
 
Posts: 191
Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:29 pm

Re: Intrigue: Countdown [A MercTown Adventure]

Postby Barric Darkwind » Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:45 am

Perception: 1d20+2 = 3:
1
nat 1! :shock:
JIC: 1d20:
9
| 1d100:
14

Initiative: 1d20+1 = 5:
4

APM: 6

Naruni Force Field: 75/75

Barric’s razor sharp smile quickly turns into a gut wrenching frown. Something is terribly wrong here. She’s springing a trap on us. I let my emotions get the better of me and may have put the entire team at risk. I can’t say I fully grasp what’s happening here, but I do know that we need to alleviate this situation before it turns on us for the worse. The Tokanii quickly thinks of the easiest way to buy the team some time to figure all of this out. In an instant he cancels his Carpet of Adhesion and attempts to grab Melanie while speaking to John, “We need to subdue her and secure the perimeter. Something isn’t right here.” Barric will attempt to put Melanie in a "Full Nelson" or "Guillotine" style choke hold. If possible, Barric will try to secure her cell phone. As he restrains her, Barric calls out to the others, "SHE HAS SOMETHING UP HER SLEEVE! SECURE THE AREA UNTIL THE DEFENDERS CAN DEAL WITH HER! I'LL HOLD HER FOR NOW!"

Action 1: Cancel CoA, grab Melanie to restrain her | Strike: 1d20+3 = 14:
11
| No damage intended
Action 2: Continue to restrain | Strike: 1d20+5 = 23:
18
| No damage intended
Action 3: Continue to restrain | Strike: 1d20+5 = 17:
12
| No damage intended
Action 5: Continue to restrain | Strike: 1d20+5 = 12:
7
| No damage intended
Action 6: Continue to restrain | Strike: 1d20+5 = 16:
11
| No damage intended

Parries (+5 included): 1d20+5 = 23:
18
, 1d20+5 = 19:
14
, 1d20+5 = 14:
9
, 1d20+5 = 25:
20
, 1d20+5 = 20:
15

Dodges (+3 included): 1d20+3 = 15:
12
, 1d20+3 = 17:
14
, 1d20+3 = 10:
7
, 1d20+3 = 9:
6
, 1d20+3 = 14:
11

1d20+3 = 18:
15

1d20+3 = 4:
1

1d20+3 = 4:
1

1d20+3 = 19:
16
Last edited by Barric Darkwind on Mon Oct 10, 2016 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The world is full of magic things, patiently waiting for our senses to grow sharper
M.D.C.: 165/165
P.P.E.: 91/113
I.S.P.: 87/97
Conditions
• -20% to detect w/ Thermal Systems
• 1/2 damage from all forms of fire
• Sense Supernatural Evil: 340'
• Horror Factor: 13
• Nightvision: 300'
• Sixth Sense
Equipment
• NG Stalker Suit
• N-F20A: 75/75
• Talisman P.P.E. Ring: 50/50

Accurate as of 10JUL17
User avatar
Barric Darkwind
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 116
Joined: Thu May 21, 2015 9:30 pm

Re: Intrigue: Countdown [A MercTown Adventure]

Postby Jezebel » Sat Oct 08, 2016 11:56 am

Perception: 1d20+9 = 20:
11

JIC: 1d20:
8
/ 1d100:
21

Lucid Dreams wrote:Jezebel (at the park):
Meanwhile, Jezebel slinks away, obscured by the brights of her hovercycle's headlights. She finds no difficulty locating a tree and ascending to a higher vantage point. "MercTown Defenders, what is the state of your emergency?" the voice on the other end of the cell phone asks in a professional tone. Jezebel quickly communicates that they need MTD on-site at the park and emphasizes that the woman they are facing is 'dangerous'. After a brief pause, the dispatcher confirms deployment, "A patrol car is en route to your location. ETA: 1 minute."

From her vantage, Jezebel witnesses the majority of the melee as Barric and John begin their assault against Melanie. Domingo is off to the side at a distance near his own hovercycle, seemingly hesitant, sheepishly remaining a non-combatant. The Arismal officer notes with some unease that despite their best efforts, Barric and John do not seem to be doing any serious damage to Melanie. The battle-hardened vet worries about how the two might fare once she turns her full attention against them as she has only reacted defensively so far. Melanie's behavior seems odd given the situation. She has not tried to escape, has not tried to fight back. In fact, seems to be perfectly content being exactly where she is now. It reeks of a trap of some sort to the military-minded Jezebel.


Damnit. Those meatheads aren't accomplishing jack squat with their direct attacks. Jez quietly sighs. Guess I should give Melanie a painful distraction.

Initiative: 1d20+5 = 10:
5


Contingency #1
If there are trees overhanging Melanie's position, Jez will endeavor to stealthily climb to a position over Melanie. If in position by the end of the melee (stealth being of utmost priority), she will drop down to do a very painful handstand off of Melanie's shoulders and spring away from the magic carpet underneath the trio. At the point of physical contact she will discharge a large amount of power through her bare hands into the dangerous "woman."
  • Climbing ☞ 100% / 1d100:
    24
  • Prowl ☞ 80% / 1d100:
    43
  • Destroy by Touch (Cost: 1 P.T.P. per S.D.C. destroyed, double cost for M.D.C.): 600 PTP expended
Strike: Critical Success via EP
(However many actions this costs, this would be her optimal method of approach. See #2 if this is not available as an option.)

Contingency #2
If there are no overhanging trees, Jez will bound from her position and dash towards Melanie at a full sprint. Before she reaches the creepy mass of writhing magic tendrils on the ground, she will flip/leap to land with her hands/spring off of Melanie's shoulders in an attempt to clear the magic carpet yet make contact with Melanie. At the point of physical contact she will discharge a large amount of power through her bare hands into the dangerous "woman."
  • Leaping: 27' across, or 6.75' high
  • Back Flip ☞ 105% / 1d100:
    93
  • Destroy by Touch (Cost: 1 P.T.P. per S.D.C. destroyed, double cost for M.D.C.): 600 PTP expended
Strike: Critical Success via EP

Dodges (as needed/higher priority than striking): 1d20+10 = 16:
6
, 1d20+10 = 11:
1
, 1d20+10 = 12:
2
, 1d20+10 = 30:
20
, 1d20+10 = 14:
4
, 1d20+10 = 21:
11
, 1d20+10 = 11:
1
, 1d20+10 = 23:
13
, 1d20+10 = 23:
13
com⋅pli⋅cat⋅ed [kom-pli-key-tid] –adjective: 1. composed of elaborately interconnected parts; complex. 2. difficult to analyze, understand. Synonyms: involved, tangled, Jezebel
Don't PM this account. Send all PMs to Augur.
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Conditions
Note: Critical strike on an unmodified roll of 18, 19 or 20.
-10% Penalty when using skills to operate in unfamiliar, high-tech Rifts science & engineering fields.
H.P.: 51
S.D.C.: 98/98
P.T.P.: 1550/1550
• Charm/Impress: 60%
• Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 88%
• Nightvision: 600'
• Resistant to Energy Damage
• Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
• Can perform a non-combat action at no cost and without penalty even while engaged in combat
• Embodiment of physical perfection for her race; Appears to be one level higher and more powerful than actual; Tends to be fidgety and has trouble sleeping; Ambidextrous

Gear
(Equipment post is up to date.)

Image
User avatar
Jezebel
Group Leader
 
Posts: 514
Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 9:15 am
Location: lloyd.ritchey at gmail

Re: Intrigue: Countdown [A MercTown Adventure]

Postby Domingo » Sat Oct 08, 2016 6:01 pm

Perception: 1d20+5 = 19:
14

JIC: 1d20:
11
, 1d100:
96


Conditions: Compulsion, Psychic body field- 70 MDC, Mind block

ISP: 63/179

Melanie cocks her head apparently listening for a sound that isn't there. She addresses Domingo, "MercTown Defenders has an excellent response time. I would have thought they would have arrived by now." The demon grins wickedly, "First bluff called. I wonder what else you told me is manufactured fiction... Let's pull on those strings and find out." The demon mimes pulling apart a bowtie before tracing the straps of her gown suggestively. Even at the gradually increasing distance, Melanie flirts with Domingo, insinuating that her charms were much more successful than his bravado claimed.


Domingo does not answer her question, but keeps his eyes focused on her every movement. Knowing her demonic nature and the fact that she continues to try her charms only fuels his anger. But, Domingo maintains his cool. He must wait, he knows he can not take her on by himself.

It is at this point that Barric, the Tokanii mystic arrives on scene. Slower on foot than by hovercycle, Barric doesn't hesitate or mince words. He advances on Melanie and acts. Weaving magic, he lays down a sticky carpet beneath the demon's feet. She looks down at the incantation's manifestation seemingly unworried. The Tokanii doesn't hesitate and continues unleashing magic. His next incantation attempts to befuddle the demon, but does not appear to take hold. Melanie closes her eyes briefly focusing on something internally. Barric then summons a globe of daylight directly above the demon's head much to her amusement. She lets out a bark of a laugh, "What do you think I am, some sort of undead creature terrified of the light? A silly cantrip to waste if I am what you think I am." Barric re-doubles his effort to befuddle Melanie, but fails a second time. A part of him feels like she is somehow even more resilient to the magic now than she was the first time he cast it.

Melanie blinks a couple times. "Is that your best shot?" she goads the squad. "What is your intention, to stick me in place, somehow cripple me with magic and wait for what... daylight? For the morning joggers to start filling the park? Stop wasting my time. Make your moves." The demon bares her beautifully perfect teeth at the gathering in defiance.



Domingo is relieved to see Barric arrive, but he knows that this demon is powerful and will be a challenge for the group. He continues to keep his distance, with no intention of getting stuck in the magic adhesive.

From her vantage, Jezebel witnesses the majority of the melee as Barric and John begin their assault against Melanie. Domingo is off to the side at a distance near his own hovercycle, seemingly hesitant, sheepishly remaining a non-combatant. The Arismal officer notes with some unease that despite their best efforts, Barric and John do not seem to be doing any serious damage to Melanie. The battle-hardened vet worries about how the two might fare once she turns her full attention against them as she has only reacted defensively so far. Melanie's behavior seems odd given the situation. She has not tried to escape, has not tried to fight back. In fact, seems to be perfectly content being exactly where she is now. It reeks of a trap of some sort to the military-minded Jezebel.



Domingo hangs back and climbs onto his hovercycle. He is unable to get a clear shot at the demon without fear of hitting either Barric or John. He will save his mental power in case he needs to react to something else and he is keeping his Mind Block up to prevent the demon from trying to manipulate him further. He would prefer to be shooting the demon with either his plasma rifle or the particle beam from his cycle. Should he get an opening to open fire, then he will do so... but, not if it puts the team in danger.

Int: 1d20+3 = 13:
10


Attacks: 5

Action 1: Get on to the hovercycle and point in in the demon's direction. ( He will observe the enemy, looking for a chance to attack.)
Action 2: Fire Particle Beam, Strike 1d20:
10
, Damage 6d6+6 = 26:
3, 6, 3, 3, 2, 3
MD
Action 3: Fire Particle Beam, Strike 1d20:
7
, Damage 6d6+6 = 20:
6, 2, 1, 1, 2, 2
MD
Action 4: Fire Particle Beam, Strike 1d20:
4
, Damage 6d6+6 = 24:
4, 1, 3, 2, 2, 6
MD
Action 5: Fire Particle Beam, Strike 1d20:
12
, Damage 6d6+6 = 22:
5, 2, 5, 1, 1, 2
MD
Domingo
Sixth Sense (automatic)

P.P.E.: 4
I.S.P.: 179
H.P.: 35
S.D.C.: 27

Saving Throw Bonuses
+2 vs. Psychic/Insanity
+4 vs. Possession
+2 vs. Mind Control
+3 vs. Magic Illusions
+4 vs. Horror Factor

Bandito w/ Branaghan Overcoat
MDC by Location
Helmet: 30
Arms: 18/8 each
Legs: 24/12 each
Main Body: 38/28
Modifiers: -5% movement and physical skill penalty, -10% to swimming

NG-57( right holster on belt)
Range: 500 ft Damage: 2d4 or 3d6 MD
Payload: 10

TW Firebolt Pistol (on Thigh holster- right leg)
Range: 450 ft Damage: 4D6 MD per blast of magic fire
Rate of Fire: Single shot, each blast costs as 1 melee attack
Payload: 10 shots

TW-38 Endless Revolver(left holster on belt)
Range:500ft Damage: 4d6 SDC
Payload: 38 shots

Silver Plated Vibro-Rapier-2d6 MD (left side), Silver Dagger x 2- 1d6 sdc (one in each boot)

NE-HC-120 "Shadow" Stealth Combat Hovercycle - 210 MDC
User avatar
Domingo
 
Posts: 286
Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 1:22 am
Location: Rifts PC (Explorers Inc.)

Re: Intrigue: Countdown [A MercTown Adventure]

Postby Lucid Dreams » Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:27 pm

((Note: with the change in Barric's actions from TK-super+magic net to grapple.. that then makes some of John's contingencies invalid, I took a little liberty with interpretation of intent.))

The faint sound of approaching sirens can be heard as combat continues. John and Barric are still engaged in melee combat against Melanie. Jezebel is perched dangerously nearby. And Domingo is ready to unleash hell at range when the opportunity avails itself.

John chastises himself for having let Melanie make the phone call and he attempts to deliver another blow while still wrapped up in thought and ends up overextending. He hits Barric by accident as his intended target gingerly slinks out of the way. A shimmer of Barric's technological forcefield registers the hit and remains intact.

“We need to subdue her and secure the perimeter. Something isn’t right here.” Barric says to John. Seeing an opportunity to practice what he preaches, the Tokanii cancels the sticky magical carpet to give them more maneuverability and lunges to grapple Melanie. He manages to grasp an arm before she torques and ducks beneath his massive form, ultimately avoiding the bear-hug.

Freed from the confines of the carpet, John sees his chance to rectify his previous oversight. He quickly brings his foot crashing down on the abandoned cell phone on the ground. Beneath John's supernatural might, the phone is practically ground into dust from the force of impact. The artifact hunter tries to gauge Melanie's response to his actions and finds it puzzling. Melanie eyes the indentation in the ground where her phone used to be and seems to flash John a mischievous smirk. And John can't help but feel that he may have played right into the hands of his opponent. In response, the artifact hunter delivers a quick jab that connects beautifully with the center of her face, causing a small trickle of blood to leak from her nose.

Melanie's smug look is short-lived and rapidly disappears from John's view as Barric's massive Tokanii arm snakes around the woman's head as he successfully manages a grapple. His other hand quickly applies pressure to the back of her neck. In response, Melanie tries to slip out of the Tokanii's grip, but Barric anticipates the move and manages to quickly convert the rear-naked choke into a guillotine. Melanie finds her face securely buried in Barric's right armpit, peering through the crevasses of his muscles up at the night's sky. Her body is arched awkwardly as if she was some magician's assistant laying on her back on some unseen plane with her feet barely unable to touch the ground. Despite what should be a devastating position, Barric can nonetheless feel Melanie's resistance and the supernatural strength he opposes. "SHE HAS SOMETHING UP HER SLEEVE! SECURE THE AREA UNTIL THE DEFENDERS CAN DEAL WITH HER! I'LL HOLD HER FOR NOW!" Barric calls out to the squad.

Meanwhile, Jezebel decides it is time to take matters into her own hands. She vaults from her perch to a branch on a nearby tree that is closest to the fight, but doesn't quite overhang the melee. Like a skilled gymnast, Jez finds enough purchase on the limb to use it like a high bar, making one full rotation before launching herself into the fray. Jezebel tucks and somersaults through the air, a projectile as graceful as she is deadly. Her timing is impeccable. As she comes out of the tuck, Barric has just managed to coerce Melanie into a guillotine and Jezebel is able to stick her landing with a handstand on Melanie's shoulders before pushing off and springing away. During Jezebel's descent, Melanie wears a look of defiance as she tries to wriggle her way out of Barric's grip and she seems to make note of the Arismal's presence much like one would notice another gnat joining a swarm of gnats. Once the former officer makes contact and channels her destructive energy however, the demon seems to realize exactly how dangerous Jezebel can be. Her eyes go wide with terror as the two points of contact on her chest near her shoulders along with a quarter of her torso, practically disintegrate. Barric feels a little push-back as Melanie seems to reflexively erect a psionic personal body field before dropping a TK forcefield that isolates the two of them ((Barric & Melanie)) from everyone else.

During this time, Domingo points the main weapons at the grand melee and patiently waits for his chance to strike. Unfortunately, both John, Barric and even Jezebel at one point cross his line of fire and he thinks better of opening fire for fear of hitting a friendly. After Jezebel performs her amazing feat of acrobatics however, Domingo notices a telekinetic forcefield that isolates Barric and Melanie from everyone else. Finally seeing a target he can hit comfortably, the mind melter disengages the safety and begins firing. He manages two trigger pulls. Both cause the forcefield to flicker as they absorb the beam of charged particles. John likewise notes the field and manages to pummel it a couple times.


Combat round effects:
John: ((decided that energy field was not appropriate for you to use at any point))
Barric: -19 MDC to FF
Jezebel: -600 PTP (you did 300 points of MD)
Domingo:
Lucid Dreams
 

Re: Intrigue: Countdown [A MercTown Adventure]

Postby John » Wed Oct 12, 2016 1:58 pm

Perception: 1d20:
4

JIC: 1d20:
19
/ 1d100:
27


Conditions: 94 PPE, 155 ISP, Armor of Ithan (30 MDC, 9 rounds, 1/2 damage from magical fire/lightning/cold), Enhance Reflexes (21 rounds, +1 APM, +3 Initiative, +2 Strike, +3 Parry, +3 Dodge, +2 PP, +15% to physical skills), Strength of Mind (21 rounds, +10 PS, +5 PE, +45 personal MDC, +3 save vs magic/poison/disease), Resist Magic (58 round duration, +3 to save, 1/2 damage/effects/duration)

John paces around the force field Melanie has erected around herself and Barric like a caged lion. Bringing his back foot in he slams the field with a side kick using all the strength he can muster then backs off a ways to clear the field for Domingo and the weapon systems of his hovercycle. He gives Jezebel an appraising look, not sure exactly what she had done to hurt Melanie so badly but the effects had been devastating. As he stands there he begins to chant words of power, beginning the casting of a spell, eyes locked on Melanie.

Initiative: 1d20+5 = 23:
18

APM: 5

Action 1: Kick the TK Force Field, gauging it's strength. Strike: 1d20+5 = 9:
4
, Damage: 4d6:
5, 1, 4, 4
(using SN punch damage here though a kick should be more but there are no rules on that)
Action 2: Lore: Demons & Monsters 65%, try to identify Melanie: 1d100:
66

Action 3: Begin to cast Compulsion (20 PPE) on Melanie to surrender
Action 4: Finish casting Compulsion
Action 5: Help subdue Melanie (+5) if the force field falls or dodge (+8). Roll: 1d20:
17


Auto-Parry (add +8): 5d20:
2, 20, 15, 11, 13


Contingencies: If his AOI is popped he will activate Resist Damage instead (25 ISP, 60 round duration, 1/2 damage from attacks). If grievously wounded he will teleport away (75 PPE, 1 melee action), he's doing this on a lark and at this point has no loyalty to these people, dying is so final and boring. Should the TK Force Field come down John will waste no time diving in to help subdue Melanie (even if that ruins his spell cast).
John Smith
Stats: 226 MDC, 258 PPE
Abilities: Spell Strength 14, Charm/Impress 90%, Invoke Trust/Intimidate 80%, Fire & Cold Resistant (half damage), Bio-Regeneration, Sense Rifts 170 miles, Sense Other Dimensional Disturbances (Teleportation, etc) 85 miles

Sharak (Avian Biomech Familiar)
Stats: 45 MDC
Abilities: Telescopic Vision (2 miles), Natural Radar (2000'), See the Invisible, Sense Evil, Impervious to Diseases that affect flesh & blood animals
User avatar
John
 
Posts: 191
Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:29 pm

Re: Intrigue: Countdown [A MercTown Adventure]

Postby Jezebel » Sat Oct 15, 2016 2:14 pm

Lucid Dreams wrote:Meanwhile, Jezebel decides it is time to take matters into her own hands. She vaults from her perch to a branch on a nearby tree that is closest to the fight, but doesn't quite overhang the melee. Like a skilled gymnast, Jez finds enough purchase on the limb to use it like a high bar, making one full rotation before launching herself into the fray. Jezebel tucks and somersaults through the air, a projectile as graceful as she is deadly. Her timing is impeccable. As she comes out of the tuck, Barric has just managed to coerce Melanie into a guillotine and Jezebel is able to stick her landing with a handstand on Melanie's shoulders before pushing off and springing away. During Jezebel's descent, Melanie wears a look of defiance as she tries to wriggle her way out of Barric's grip and she seems to make note of the Arismal's presence much like one would notice another gnat joining a swarm of gnats. Once the former officer makes contact and channels her destructive energy however, the demon seems to realize exactly how dangerous Jezebel can be. Her eyes go wide with terror as the two points of contact on her chest near her shoulders along with a quarter of her torso, practically disintegrate. Barric feels a little push-back as Melanie seems to reflexively erect a psionic personal body field before dropping a TK forcefield that isolates the two of them ((Barric & Melanie)) from everyone else.

(Signature data updated)
JIC: 1d20:
11
/ 1d100:
50

Perception: 1d20+9 = 16:
7

Prowl ☞ 80% / 1d100:
86
(to hide herself again)
Climbing ☞ 100% / 1d100:
66
(to climb a tree in case she has the time and succeeds in hiding again)

Using the terrain to her benefit, she dashes for a nearby tree, ducks into the shadows, and hides behind the tree. If she has the time, and thinks she's managed to slip away in the sudden confusion, she will quietly climb the tree to achieve a better vantage point from which to hide and observe. I don't know what this bitch's game is, but I be damned if I will play by her rules. Not wanting to reveal herself, she says nothing to the others. A thought occurs to her that this woman might be something supernatural with which she has little familiarity. Just in case... She draws the three silver knives from her harness, keeping one between her teeth, and one in each hand as she tries to remain still and out of Melanie's sight.

Dodges (if needed): 1d20+10 = 14:
4
, 1d20+10 = 30:
20
, 1d20+10 = 25:
15
, 1d20+10 = 19:
9
, 1d20+10 = 17:
7
, 1d20+10 = 26:
16
, 1d20+10 = 21:
11
, 1d20+10 = 26:
16
, 1d20+10 = 22:
12
com⋅pli⋅cat⋅ed [kom-pli-key-tid] –adjective: 1. composed of elaborately interconnected parts; complex. 2. difficult to analyze, understand. Synonyms: involved, tangled, Jezebel
Don't PM this account. Send all PMs to Augur.
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Conditions
Note: Critical strike on an unmodified roll of 18, 19 or 20.
-10% Penalty when using skills to operate in unfamiliar, high-tech Rifts science & engineering fields.
H.P.: 51
S.D.C.: 98/98
P.T.P.: 1550/1550
• Charm/Impress: 60%
• Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 88%
• Nightvision: 600'
• Resistant to Energy Damage
• Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
• Can perform a non-combat action at no cost and without penalty even while engaged in combat
• Embodiment of physical perfection for her race; Appears to be one level higher and more powerful than actual; Tends to be fidgety and has trouble sleeping; Ambidextrous

Gear
(Equipment post is up to date.)

Image
User avatar
Jezebel
Group Leader
 
Posts: 514
Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 9:15 am
Location: lloyd.ritchey at gmail

Re: Intrigue: Countdown [A MercTown Adventure]

Postby Domingo » Sun Oct 16, 2016 3:17 pm

Perception: 1d20+5 = 18:
13

JIC: 1d20:
10
, 1d100:
16


ISP: 63/179

Conditions: Compulsion, Psychic Body Field -70 MDC, Mind block

GM wrote:During this time, Domingo points the main weapons at the grand melee and patiently waits for his chance to strike. Unfortunately, both John, Barric and even Jezebel at one point cross his line of fire and he thinks better of opening fire for fear of hitting a friendly. After Jezebel performs her amazing feat of acrobatics however, Domingo notices a telekinetic forcefield that isolates Barric and Melanie from everyone else. Finally seeing a target he can hit comfortably, the mind melter disengages the safety and begins firing. He manages two trigger pulls. Both cause the forcefield to flicker as they absorb the beam of charged particles. John likewise notes the field and manages to pummel it a couple times.


John wrote:John paces around the force field Melanie has erected around herself and Barric like a caged lion. Bringing his back foot in he slams the field with a side kick using all the strength he can muster then backs off a ways to clear the field for Domingo and the weapon systems of his hovercycle. He gives Jezebel an appraising look, not sure exactly what she had done to hurt Melanie so badly but the effects had been devastating. As he stands there he begins to chant words of power, beginning the casting of a spell, eyes locked on Melanie.


Domingo is glad to see John back away from the forcefield and continues his assault with the hovercycle's main weapon. He knows that the demon, Melanie, is extremely powerful and will probably be able to overpower Barric if he is trapped with her for too long.

Jez wrote:Using the terrain to her benefit, she dashes for a nearby tree, ducks into the shadows, and hides behind the tree. If she has the time, and thinks she's managed to slip away in the sudden confusion, she will quietly climb the tree to achieve a better vantage point from which to hide and observe. I don't know what this bitch's game is, but I be damned if I will play by her rules. Not wanting to reveal herself, she says nothing to the others. A thought occurs to her that this woman might be something supernatural with which she has little familiarity. Just in case... She draws the three silver knives from her harness, keeping one between her teeth, and one in each hand as she tries to remain still and out of Melanie's sight.


Domingo is surprised by Jez, She is not usually one to hold back, where is she going? He does not know why she has pulled back, but he assumes she must be preparing something. He has to focus on getting Barric free from the forcefield and makes that his main priority.

Int: 1d20+3 = 5:
2


Actions: 5

Action 1: Fire Particle beam- Strike 1d20:
15
Damage 6d6+6 = 23:
4, 3, 3, 3, 2, 2
at Forcefield
Action 2: Fire Particle beam- Strike 1d20:
18
Damage 6d6+6 = 24:
3, 3, 1, 1, 6, 4
at Forcefield
Action 3: Fire Particle beam- Strike 1d20:
6
Damage 6d6+6 = 25:
1, 3, 4, 5, 5, 1
at Forcefield
Action 4: Fire Particle beam- Strike 1d20:
17
Damage 6d6+6 = 29:
4, 5, 2, 2, 6, 4
at Forcefield
Action 5: Reserved for Action ( Used in case he needs to something other than shoot weapon, like dodge or react to something else happening.)

Dodge: 1d20+6 = 7:
1


Domingo will switch to hitting Melanie as soon as the Forcefield goes down. But, will hold his fire should it put Barric at risk.
Domingo
Sixth Sense (automatic)

P.P.E.: 4
I.S.P.: 179
H.P.: 35
S.D.C.: 27

Saving Throw Bonuses
+2 vs. Psychic/Insanity
+4 vs. Possession
+2 vs. Mind Control
+3 vs. Magic Illusions
+4 vs. Horror Factor

Bandito w/ Branaghan Overcoat
MDC by Location
Helmet: 30
Arms: 18/8 each
Legs: 24/12 each
Main Body: 38/28
Modifiers: -5% movement and physical skill penalty, -10% to swimming

NG-57( right holster on belt)
Range: 500 ft Damage: 2d4 or 3d6 MD
Payload: 10

TW Firebolt Pistol (on Thigh holster- right leg)
Range: 450 ft Damage: 4D6 MD per blast of magic fire
Rate of Fire: Single shot, each blast costs as 1 melee attack
Payload: 10 shots

TW-38 Endless Revolver(left holster on belt)
Range:500ft Damage: 4d6 SDC
Payload: 38 shots

Silver Plated Vibro-Rapier-2d6 MD (left side), Silver Dagger x 2- 1d6 sdc (one in each boot)

NE-HC-120 "Shadow" Stealth Combat Hovercycle - 210 MDC
User avatar
Domingo
 
Posts: 286
Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 1:22 am
Location: Rifts PC (Explorers Inc.)

Re: Intrigue: Countdown [A MercTown Adventure]

Postby Barric Darkwind » Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:21 pm

Perception: 1d20+2 = 7:
5

JIC: 1d20:
5
| 1d100:
57

Initiative: 1d20+1 = 2:
1
nat 1! :shock:
APM: 6

Naruni Force Field: 56/75

Barric smiles once more as the force field goes up around Melanie and himself. Chuckling slightly, Barric bellows, “You’re running out of options, woman. That was a desperate play.” What’s her game here? Close off the others to buy herself time? Likely. Take the air out of here to choke me out? Probably also likely. Physical attacks will do her no good, my magic will protect me there. She’ll have to resort to something tricky, I just have to be quick enough to counteract it. For the time being Barric continues to simply crush Melanie with this overwhelming strength. It certainly wasn’t fancy, but it would buy the time needed for the Defenders to arrive. So long as the Tokanii could keep his claws on the demon, he knew the situation was in his favor. However, Barric was no fool, and he figured Melanie had at least a few more tricks left up her sleeve. As he continues to crush her, Barric calls out through the force field, “SIGNAL THE DEFENDERS AGAIN, WE NEED TO FINISH THIS WHILE WE HAVE HER ON THE ROPES.”

Action 1: Crush Melanie in his hold | Strike: 1d20+5 = 16:
11
| Damage: 4d6:
2, 6, 5, 6
M.D.
Action 2: Crush Melanie in his hold | Strike: 1d20+5 = 23:
18
| Damage: 4d6:
3, 3, 5, 5
M.D.
Action 3: Crush Melanie in his hold | Strike: 1d20+5 = 15:
10
| Damage: 4d6:
2, 5, 3, 2
M.D.
Action 5: Crush Melanie in his hold | Strike: 1d20+5 = 17:
12
| Damage: 4d6:
6, 1, 4, 6
M.D.
Action 6: Crush Melanie in his hold | Strike: 1d20+5 = 18:
13
| Damage: 4d6:
4, 3, 2, 6
M.D.

Parries (+5 included): 1d20+5 = 21:
16
, 1d20+5 = 16:
11
, 1d20+5 = 13:
8
, 1d20+5 = 17:
12
, 1d20+5 = 10:
5

Dodges (+3 included): 1d20+3 = 14:
11
, 1d20+3 = 14:
11
, 1d20+3 = 22:
19
, 1d20+3 = 6:
3
, 1d20+3 = 23:
20
The world is full of magic things, patiently waiting for our senses to grow sharper
M.D.C.: 165/165
P.P.E.: 91/113
I.S.P.: 87/97
Conditions
• -20% to detect w/ Thermal Systems
• 1/2 damage from all forms of fire
• Sense Supernatural Evil: 340'
• Horror Factor: 13
• Nightvision: 300'
• Sixth Sense
Equipment
• NG Stalker Suit
• N-F20A: 75/75
• Talisman P.P.E. Ring: 50/50

Accurate as of 10JUL17
User avatar
Barric Darkwind
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 116
Joined: Thu May 21, 2015 9:30 pm

Re: Intrigue: Countdown [A MercTown Adventure]

Postby Lucid Dreams » Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:20 am

The sound of sirens grows louder. It is clear that the MercTown Defenders will be on-site within the next 15-30 seconds. ((next GM update will have MercTown Defenders on-site))

The scene unfolding in the park might appear quite bizarre to those who lay eyes upon it for the first time. A fierce-some Tokanii ((Barric)) is dominating a grappling match with a scantily-clad woman within the confines of a telekinetic forcefield. It appears that some sort of psionic body protection is all that is keeping the woman from being snapped in two by the larger D-bee. Just beyond the forcefield, another man ((John)) delivers a swift kick to the barrier, causing the field to locally flicker as it absorbs the impact. He wears the look of a caged animal, eager to get to his prey, currently enclosed by the psionic barricade. And at a distance, another man mounted on a hovercycle ((Domingo)) has the weapon systems of the vehicle pointed at the psionic forcefield and is raining down hell on it in an effort to dissipate the telekinetic manifestation.

Jezebel:
After delivering her stunning attack, Jezebel decides that she does not want to play by Melanie's rules. So rushes off to ascend a nearby tree. She is confident that she has managed to successfully do so without notice of the demon, and is the first to witness the scene from a distance. Jezebel's conclusion is that though she does not know what Melanie's plans are, if she were to stumble upon this fight with a fresh set of eyes, her conclusion would be that Explorer's Inc. were the aggressors and Melanie, the victim. The thought chills the Arismal a little and she feels as though she may have deduced a fraction of the demon's plan.

Barric:
During this time, Melanie-focused combat continues on the ground. Barric bellows, “You’re running out of options, woman. That was a desperate play.” Like a massive boa, the Tokanii applies crushing pressure to the demon. The psionic body field has little give to it, but flickers continually at the strain of Barric's supernatural strength. Strangely, Melanie has ceased her struggles and feels very much like a rag doll encased in psychic armor to the mystic. Clearly she is focusing her attentions elsewhere.

Another TK-forcefield is erected just outside the boundaries of the first, adding another barrier for the squad to bring down before they can effectively reach the demon. The Tokanii continues to squeeze and finally pops the psychic body field only to have another replace it. While squeezing with all his might, he yells out to the rest of the squad, “SIGNAL THE DEFENDERS AGAIN, WE NEED TO FINISH THIS WHILE WE HAVE HER ON THE ROPES.”

John:
After a wholly unsatisfying kick at the forcefield, John flashes Jez an appraising look before stepping back to allow Domingo to do his work. He concentrates on deciphering what kind of demon Melanie is likely to be and concludes that she must be powerful. The exact sub-type is on the cusp of his knowledge, but just beyond reach. He can't for the life of him remember it at this moment. Their natural form is that of a bipedal humanoid cat and they are armed with magic and psionics that amplifies their demonic nature... they relish intrigue. John tries to turn the tables against Melanie and invokes some magic. But his attempted compulsion is strongly resisted by the demon. John watches Domingo's particle beams batter against the newly erected TK forcefield.

Domingo:
Domingo pulls against the trigger of his hovercycle's weapons systems as quickly as he can, not missing a single shot. Based on the progress he feels he is making against the barrier, Domingo estimates that Melanie must be at least 2 levels more advanced than he in psychic power. While firing, Domingo's mind wanders, thinking about why Melanie hasn't fought back. When between shots, he swears that he sees Melanie metamorph while still under Barric's grasp. The metamorphosis isn't a simple change of facial architecture, but rather a full-body overhaul. Highlights appear in her hair, her body thins a little from curvaceous to athletic, and even her clothing morphs from a nightgown-like dress into a running outfit. It is as if she changed from one identity to another. ((see attachment))

Barric:
"Thank you for the update on my progress. I suppose time will tell who is desperate and running out of options." Melanie responds defiantly. Her voice sounds strange to Barric's ears. The pitch of her voice raised and had a more youthful ring to it. When the Tokanii next looks at his quarry, he is astonished by what he sees. Melanie is wholly unrecognizable. She looks and sounds nothing like the real estate agent who seduced Domingo and dined with the squad. If he had not been grappling with her the entire time, Barric might have thought he was subject to some manner of magic trick, replacing one individual with another. ((see attachment))

Everyone:
The wailing of sirens draws near. Two patrol cars can be seen in the distance converging on their location. By most estimates, the squad has one more round of combat before the Defenders will be on-site at the park.

Combat round effects:
John: -20 PPE (for Compulsion cast)
Barric:
Jezebel:
Domingo:
Attachments
girl-running-long-distance_cropped.jpg
Lucid Dreams
 

Re: Intrigue: Countdown [A MercTown Adventure]

Postby John » Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:19 pm

Perception: 1d20:
10

JIC: 1d20:
19
/ 1d100:
96


Conditions: 74 PPE, 155 ISP, Armor of Ithan (30 MDC, 8 rounds, 1/2 damage from magical fire/lightning/cold), Enhance Reflexes (20 rounds, +1 APM, +3 Initiative, +2 Strike, +3 Parry, +3 Dodge, +2 PP, +15% to physical skills), Strength of Mind (20 rounds, +10 PS, +5 PE, +45 personal MDC, +3 save vs magic/poison/disease), Resist Magic (57 round duration, +3 to save, 1/2 damage/effects/duration)

Not for the first time tonight John curses the loss of his equipment, particularly the tablet full of reference books he used to have. Upright walking cat, magic and psionics, loves intrigue, I should know this. His glance shifts about the area: at the approaching defenders, Melanie's sudden shape change, her lack of struggle, the layered psychic defenses to drag the battle out. Opening himself to the twists and turns of time he casts about for the most likely outcome to the situation.

Vision wrote:Utilization of precognition will reveal a vision in which members of EI (minus Jezebel) are imprisoned by MercTown Defenders, awaiting arraignment. John recognizes the new dawn light breaking through the windows, suggesting that the vision has a time-stamp of a few hours from now.

John's mind begins to race. Why would a demon want these guys to get arrested, even an intrigue loving demon, wait, later, here and now Johnny boy, here and now. Mentally John seeks out the Explorers (Jezebel, then Domingo, finally Barric) and plants a message in their minds, "We're about to be arrested, take your hovercycle and get out of here, I'll stay with the big guy." For his part John stops fighting and just waits patiently, sure he could try and get away himself but the intrigue lover in him, the one that devoured every mystery novel in the Chicago library all those centuries ago, wanted to know how this would end.

Initiative: 1d20+5 = 14:
9

APM: 5

Action 1: Activate Precognition (8 ISP, 2 round duration)
Action 2: Activate Telepathy (4 ISP, 6 minute duration)
Action 3: Warn Jezebel
Action 4: Warn Domingo
Action 5: Warn Barric

Auto-Parry (add +8): 5d20:
2, 9, 3, 3, 14


Contingencies: If Barric appears to be in danger John will do what he can to help and if Melanie looks like she might get away he will do what he can to stop her, baring that he just waits. As soon as the Defenders arrive he gets on his knees, puts his hands on his head, and follows any/all instructions. As long as the telepathy remains active he will probe the surface thoughts of Melanie and the Defenders trying to gather intelligence on what's going on.
John Smith
Stats: 226 MDC, 258 PPE
Abilities: Spell Strength 14, Charm/Impress 90%, Invoke Trust/Intimidate 80%, Fire & Cold Resistant (half damage), Bio-Regeneration, Sense Rifts 170 miles, Sense Other Dimensional Disturbances (Teleportation, etc) 85 miles

Sharak (Avian Biomech Familiar)
Stats: 45 MDC
Abilities: Telescopic Vision (2 miles), Natural Radar (2000'), See the Invisible, Sense Evil, Impervious to Diseases that affect flesh & blood animals
User avatar
John
 
Posts: 191
Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:29 pm

Re: Intrigue: Countdown [A MercTown Adventure]

Postby Barric Darkwind » Fri Oct 21, 2016 12:00 am

Perception: 1d20+2 = 20:
18

JIC: 1d20:
12
| 1d100:
62

Initiative: 1d20+1 = 10:
9

APM: 6

Naruni Force Field: 56/75

John wrote:"We're about to be arrested, take your hovercycle and get out of here, I'll stay with the big guy."


Language: Demongogian: 1d100:
35
/74% PASS!

Barric nods slightly as he watches Melanie transform within his own arms. The Tokanii can’t help but smile at the ruse. Loosening his grip on the woman, Barric will just maintain her in whatever hold he can just as before, realizing that she may have won this battle, but the war was far from over. He’ll try to keep one massive clawed hand securely at the base of her neck with the other hopefully securing a hand behind her back, mimicking what he’d seen security forces do in the past. In Demongogian, Barric whispers to Melanie, You are certainly clever, I will give you that. Human clever though, nowhere near demon clever. I would guess that’s why you’re here and not somewhere else more useful, eh? Nevertheless. We will see one another again, very soon, my dear. If the MercTown Defenders show, Barric will comply with their demands but keep a firm grip on Melanie. He will speak in a low calm voice and make sure to appear as non-threatening as possible.

Action 1: Secure Melanie in his hold | Strike: 1d20+5 = 6:
1
nat1! | No damage intended
Action 2: Secure Melanie in his hold | Strike: 1d20+5 = 25:
20
nat20! | No damage intended x2 = DOUBLE UNINTENDED DAMAGE
Action 3: Secure Melanie in his hold | Strike: 1d20+5 = 19:
14
| No damage intended
Action 5: Secure Melanie in his hold | Strike: 1d20+5 = 23:
18
| No damage intended
Action 6: Secure Melanie in his hold | Strike: 1d20+5 = 15:
10
| No damage intended

Parries (+5 included): 1d20+5 = 14:
9
, 1d20+5 = 24:
19
, 1d20+5 = 8:
3
, 1d20+5 = 24:
19
, 1d20+5 = 14:
9

Dodges (+3 included): 1d20+3 = 14:
11
, 1d20+3 = 7:
4
, 1d20+3 = 8:
5
, 1d20+3 = 20:
17
, 1d20+3 = 20:
17
The world is full of magic things, patiently waiting for our senses to grow sharper
M.D.C.: 165/165
P.P.E.: 91/113
I.S.P.: 87/97
Conditions
• -20% to detect w/ Thermal Systems
• 1/2 damage from all forms of fire
• Sense Supernatural Evil: 340'
• Horror Factor: 13
• Nightvision: 300'
• Sixth Sense
Equipment
• NG Stalker Suit
• N-F20A: 75/75
• Talisman P.P.E. Ring: 50/50

Accurate as of 10JUL17
User avatar
Barric Darkwind
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 116
Joined: Thu May 21, 2015 9:30 pm

Re: Intrigue: Countdown [A MercTown Adventure]

Postby Jezebel » Sat Oct 22, 2016 1:35 pm

JIC: 1d20:
1
/ 1d100:
33

Perception: 1d20+9 = 29:
20

Prowl ☞ 80% / 1d100:
55
(to hide herself)

Jez sees the trap now for what it has always been. Devious bitch. Jez squints at the changing image of the "woman." A shape-changer of some sort. Well, at least this means it's unlikely she's an Atorian infiltrator. Jez keys her mic. "Team, Temptress. Everyone scatter. It's a trap. Meet back up at Old Grandad's Pizza. Temptress, out." Jez will quickly make her way down to her hovercycle and casually ride away a few blocks before making her way back for a pass to observe the arrival of the Defenders and their subsequent actions.

Rolls carried over wrote:Dodges (if needed): Original post: 1d20+10 = 14:
4
, Original post: 1d20+10 = 30:
20
, Original post: 1d20+10 = 25:
15
, Original post: 1d20+10 = 19:
9
, Original post: 1d20+10 = 17:
7
, Original post: 1d20+10 = 26:
16
, Original post: 1d20+10 = 21:
11
, Original post: 1d20+10 = 26:
16
, Original post: 1d20+10 = 22:
12
com⋅pli⋅cat⋅ed [kom-pli-key-tid] –adjective: 1. composed of elaborately interconnected parts; complex. 2. difficult to analyze, understand. Synonyms: involved, tangled, Jezebel
Don't PM this account. Send all PMs to Augur.
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Conditions
Note: Critical strike on an unmodified roll of 18, 19 or 20.
-10% Penalty when using skills to operate in unfamiliar, high-tech Rifts science & engineering fields.
H.P.: 51
S.D.C.: 98/98
P.T.P.: 1550/1550
• Charm/Impress: 60%
• Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 88%
• Nightvision: 600'
• Resistant to Energy Damage
• Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
• Can perform a non-combat action at no cost and without penalty even while engaged in combat
• Embodiment of physical perfection for her race; Appears to be one level higher and more powerful than actual; Tends to be fidgety and has trouble sleeping; Ambidextrous

Gear
(Equipment post is up to date.)

Image
User avatar
Jezebel
Group Leader
 
Posts: 514
Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 9:15 am
Location: lloyd.ritchey at gmail

Re: Intrigue: Countdown [A MercTown Adventure]

Postby Domingo » Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:07 pm

Perception: 1d20+5 = 24:
19

JIC: 1d20:
16
, 1d100:
51


Conditions: Compulsion, Psychic Body Field -70 MDC, Mind block

ISP: 63/179

The wailing of sirens draws near. Two patrol cars can be seen in the distance converging on their location. By most estimates, the squad has one more round of combat before the Defenders will be on-site at the park.


Domingo ceases his fire on the forcefield and listens to the approaching Defenders.

Jez wrote:Jez sees the trap now for what it has always been. Devious bitch. Jez squints at the changing image of the "woman." A shape-changer of some sort. Well, at least this means it's unlikely she's an Atorian infiltrator. Jez keys her mic. "Team, Temptress. Everyone scatter. It's a trap. Meet back up at Old Grandad's Pizza. Temptress, out." Jez will quickly make her way down to her hovercycle and casually ride away a few blocks before making her way back for a pass to observe the arrival of the Defenders and their subsequent actions.



Domingo nods in agreement with Jez's suggestion. He looks to John and Barric, " John, maybe you can talk some sense into the Defenders. It is clear that this demon has others under her control, we will do what we can to free you as soon as possible. I will be in touch with you once we find out more." Domingo elevates his hovercycle away from the others and turns his head in the direction of the approaching sirens for second. He then silently slips away into the surroundings taking advantage of his hovercycle's stealth features. Once he is clear of the area he will accelerate and make his way towards the pizza place Jez mentioned. He does not take the most direct route, but does not waste a lot of time getting there.

( Old Grandad's Pizza- Spokes)
Domingo
Sixth Sense (automatic)

P.P.E.: 4
I.S.P.: 179
H.P.: 35
S.D.C.: 27

Saving Throw Bonuses
+2 vs. Psychic/Insanity
+4 vs. Possession
+2 vs. Mind Control
+3 vs. Magic Illusions
+4 vs. Horror Factor

Bandito w/ Branaghan Overcoat
MDC by Location
Helmet: 30
Arms: 18/8 each
Legs: 24/12 each
Main Body: 38/28
Modifiers: -5% movement and physical skill penalty, -10% to swimming

NG-57( right holster on belt)
Range: 500 ft Damage: 2d4 or 3d6 MD
Payload: 10

TW Firebolt Pistol (on Thigh holster- right leg)
Range: 450 ft Damage: 4D6 MD per blast of magic fire
Rate of Fire: Single shot, each blast costs as 1 melee attack
Payload: 10 shots

TW-38 Endless Revolver(left holster on belt)
Range:500ft Damage: 4d6 SDC
Payload: 38 shots

Silver Plated Vibro-Rapier-2d6 MD (left side), Silver Dagger x 2- 1d6 sdc (one in each boot)

NE-HC-120 "Shadow" Stealth Combat Hovercycle - 210 MDC
User avatar
Domingo
 
Posts: 286
Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 1:22 am
Location: Rifts PC (Explorers Inc.)

Re: Intrigue: Countdown [A MercTown Adventure]

Postby Lucid Dreams » Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:44 am

At the park:
Upon Melanie's metamorphosis, several members of EI come to the rapid conclusion that they have fallen into a trap and are being set-up to be arrested.

John reaches into time-space through his psionics and gets a glimpse of a possible future. Realizing the urgency of their situation, he quickly reaches out to the minds of his teammates to communicate what he saw, "We're about to be arrested, take your hovercycle and get out of here, I'll stay with the big guy.". Believing his own cunning to be a suitable match for the intrigue they are embroiled in, John does as he says and remains with the Tokanii to witness (and hopefully influence) how the scene will play out.

Hearing the message loud and clear, Barric consigns himself to having fallen into the trap. In response, he swaps out his grapple with a security arm-hold from behind. Adopting the demon's native tongue, he challenges her in a whisper, You are certainly clever, I will give you that. Human clever though, nowhere near demon clever. I would guess that’s why you’re here and not somewhere else more useful, eh? Nevertheless. We will see one another again, very soon, my dear. Though he does not see it, Melanie's face breaks out into a faint smile, hinting at how much she relishes the devious nature of the game they play. "Mmm, yummy." she moans back at Barric in American with a seductive gyration of her hips that comes dangerously close to flustering the Tokanii.

Armed with her wits rather than psychic gifts, Jezebel also sees the writing on the wall and calls for an orderly retreat. Her voice is heard over the team radio. "Team, Temptress. Everyone scatter. It's a trap. Meet back up at Old Grandad's Pizza. Temptress, out." The Arismal quietly makes her way to her hovercycle and withdraws from the scene, being careful not to engage the headlights until absolutely necessary (something not typically needed for Arismals who thrive in low-light conditions). She successfully extracts herself from the situation without drawing attention from the incoming Defenders.

Dom agrees with Jez's assessment, and gives John and Barric a word of encouragement, " John, maybe you can talk some sense into the Defenders. It is clear that this demon has others under her control, we will do what we can to free you as soon as possible. I will be in touch with you once we find out more." before likewise departing from the park.

MercTown Defenders are soon on site. They arrive in two patrol cars emblazoned with "MTD" on their sides, the full accompanyment of flashing lights and wailing sirens. Bright flood lights are directed down at John, Barric and Melanie as a voice enhanced by a booming megaphone gives them instructions, "This is MercTown Defenders. Cease all actions. Put your hands atop your head and kneel on the ground." John and Barric are quick to comply. The orders forcing the Tokanii to release his hold on Melanie unless he intends to disobey the MTD. ((in reading the intent of your actions, I will assume you are cooperating))

Melanie, is likewise cooperating, placing her hands atop her head and falling to her knees. But unlike John and Barric who maintain their composure, Melanie's face is contorted horribly in a sobbing mess.

One patrol car remains aloft, illuminating the scene and the other lands. Their lights continue to flash, but the sirens fall silent. From the landed patrol, two MercTown Defenders dressed in full EBA disembark. One moves forward in a conciliatory manner, unarmed and seeking facts. Their partner however, is tensely keeping his hands at the ready on their weapon in case things go south.

"If you could be so kind," the conciliatory officer inquires generally to the crowd, gesturing at the telekinetic force-field, but uncertain who erected the barrier. Once down, he continues in a calm manner, "My name is Lieutenant Dengh. We received an emergency call indicating a disturbance at the park. From the looks of it, nobody has sustained life-threatening injuries. So let's take a breath and sort this out." It is clear that the officer is well-skilled in diffusing domestic disputes and is treating this call as one. "Who can tell me what happened here?"

Melanie gives ample time for John and/or Barric to respond, giving their side of the story to the Defender. During this time, she plays the role of the shell-shocked innocent unable to collect herself to a "T", sobbing uncontrollably at her apparent violation.

((Please feel free to tell your side however you wish. It will be uninterrupted by Melanie. And the officer will listen attentively and patiently.))

Near the end of the telling however, Lt. Dengh seems distracted a moment, holding a hand up to his head to listen to something on his radio. He looks off in the distance and his body language shifts, sagging in resignation as patience and understanding escape him. In the direction of his gaze, John and Barric both notice another set of flashing lights making their approach. As the vehicle draws near, it is clear that this hovervehicle is not a standard MTD patrol car, but an unmarked vehicle that would suggest either an undercover detective or perhaps even an upper-level police administrator.

"I'm afraid we will need to continue this conversation at the precinct." Lieutenant Dengh states matter-of-factly. He is very clearly only addressing John and Barric at this point though when he gestures to rear seats of his patrol car, "If you gentlemen would be so kind as to cooperate fully, we can sort this matter out in a timely fashion." Despite Dengh's cordial tone, John and Barric get the distinct feeling that the cards are starting to be stacked against them. If/When they cooperate and sit themselves in the reinforced back-seats of the patrol car, their concerns will be confirmed.

A white-haired, balding and moderately rotund man hastily dressed in a uniform rushes out of the unmarked vehicle toward Melanie and wraps her up in a protective embrace. She continues her sobbing on his shoulder even as their patrol car becomes airborne again and the two are whisked to MTD headquarters. Though not intimately familiar with MTD rankings, the gratuitous amount of bars and medals attached to the older man's uniform suggest that he vastly outranks Dengh, whose accomplishments are wholly mundane in comparison.

Soon, John and Barric find themselves in jail within a holding cell with two others. One, a Kremlin cyborg, seems a bit twitchy and definitely intoxicated. The other, a Krak who seems entirely too chatty for where he is. "Why hello there. Name's Eddie, Eddie Bee, whatcha in for?" he probes almost immediately after the MTD are out of eyesight.

At Wesley Leuric's office:
Max and Wesley have only just arrived, but work diligently on decoding the source of the signal and tracing clues for what the timer might be counting down for ((please include any relevant skill posts if you want to investigate this matter)). It is getting a bit late though and his colleague, the halfling information broker Wesley Leuric, has gotten a heavy dose of the snoozes. The poodle looks up from his monitor to see Wesley snoring lightly with his eyes half-open while still remaining upright and pointed at his computer terminal. Just as Max marvels at the impressiveness of the feat, the operator's eyes catch a glimmer of activity just beyond Wesley on his wall of sensory equipment. Curious, he rushes over and figures out that there is activity on the MercTown Defender radio line that Wesley is apparently continually tapped into.

After a moment of familiarizing himself with the controls, he manages to switch over the feed to one of the active speakers in the room. He catches the following conversation over the MTD frequency: A female voice explains, "... tion nominal. All parties are cooperating with the investigation. We will/" before she is abruptly cut off by a gruff-sounding man with a tinge of Southern twang. "I don't care if one of those bastards is Prosek himself! You arrest those sums-o-bitches for harming even one hair on my Maybelline's head!" There is some additional mild protest before the man invokes his rank and the MTD on-site sound like they move to comply.

"The hell is MTD Commissioner Francis Tooley doing responding to a call in the middle of the night? Isn't that WAY above his paygrade?" Wesley asks, suddenly awake amidst the commotion of the radio. He slides his chair across to a different computer terminal and seems to access MTD's emergency response database, pulling up the original call.

Looks of surprise plaster their faces when they hear a familiar voice calling in.
Jezebel calling MTD wrote:If/when a Defender picks up, she notifies them in brief of her location and the unfolding situation, ending with a whispered "...and make it snappy. I don't know what this 'woman' is, but she's not normal, and she's clearly dangerous. Out."


Wesley looks down at his own radio to realize that he inadvertently turned it off during their 'stealth' mission atop the roof. As such, missed Jezebel's call for the team to re-assemble at Old Grandad's Pizza.

At Old Grandad's Pizza:
Both Domingo and Jezebel rendezvous at the pizza parlour that seems to be open at all hours of the night. Indeed, there are plenty inside enjoying a slice of pie even at this late hour. Jez and Dom can remain outside if they wish or get a table inside without drawing any undue attention to themselves.
Lucid Dreams
 

Re: Intrigue: Countdown [A MercTown Adventure]

Postby Barric Darkwind » Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:26 am

Perception: 1d20+2 = 18:
16

JIC: 1d20:
10
| 1d100:
75


Barric complies with all the Merctown Defenders’ demands. He assumes the kneeling position with his massive hands behind his head, making a careful effort not to allow his claws to touch anything in particular. He will remain silent throughout the endeavor, except for responding “Yes, sir” or “No, sir” to inquisitions from the Defenders. When the time comes he will enter the police car and head off. Once she’s out of earshot I can try for my plan. There’s no telling who in this force she has under her spell. The time will come, I just have to bide my time.

As Barric is escorted through the jail, he will still remain quiet until he finds himself in the processing area. There he will attempt to find someone who seems trustworthy and just. I.D. Undercover Agents: 1d100:
69
/42% FAIL!
The Tokanii will get the man/woman’s attention as best he can without causing a scene and will speak low, yet sternly with them, “Sir/Ma’am, I understand this will sound insane, but the woman in the park was no human. She was a demon, one that uses deceit and deception as her tradecraft, as well as has the ability to change her form. Rumor has it this town suffered an attack by demons not too logn ago, she may be a remnant from that. My claws scratched her during our fight, her DNA should be under them. Get someone down here who can analyze it and you’ll have your truth. What do you have to lose?” Invoke Trust: 1d100:
100
/65% CRIT. FAIl!


Eddie wrote:"Why hello there. Name's Eddie, Eddie Bee, whatcha in for?"


Barric finds a seat against the wall and closes his eyes briefly, hoping that his plan will take affect and the Defender will do as he asked. He opens them slightly to eye Eddie before closing them once more, “Jaywalking. Yourself?”
The world is full of magic things, patiently waiting for our senses to grow sharper
M.D.C.: 165/165
P.P.E.: 91/113
I.S.P.: 87/97
Conditions
• -20% to detect w/ Thermal Systems
• 1/2 damage from all forms of fire
• Sense Supernatural Evil: 340'
• Horror Factor: 13
• Nightvision: 300'
• Sixth Sense
Equipment
• NG Stalker Suit
• N-F20A: 75/75
• Talisman P.P.E. Ring: 50/50

Accurate as of 10JUL17
User avatar
Barric Darkwind
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 116
Joined: Thu May 21, 2015 9:30 pm

Next

Return to Explorers Inc. [Disbanded]

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests