This Going to the Dogs Already - Team Tex

Into the Breach: The 110th begins their operation.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Postby CS High Command » Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:18 pm

• Date: January 9, 110 PA
  • Time: 1200 by end of post.
  • Temp: 4°, Bitterly Cold with a wind off the lake coming into the town of Hammond. Fog has burned off.
  • Weather: Sunny, Only a light dusting of snow and plenty of ice now melting into slush in the sun and refreezing with the wind.
  • Ley Line info: About three quarters of a mile from the nearest Ley Line; 4 miles from the nearest nexus to the North and 6 miles from the nearest nexus to the south.
  • Map Link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ghkJl ... sp=sharing

Orders: Your job is going to be looking into the four modified men on the list. Recon and see if they could be possible suspects, or if they know someone who might be. Information gathering only.

Whatever you were expecting, it wasn't this. Still the place is full of folks drinking and some dancing. The music is non-stop and comes from DJ in a box style juke box. There is a screen for requests, but the repertoire tends to be dance or techno inspired. But looking around, its pretty clear the music is loud and the lights bright and flashing so as to discourage overhearing conversations folks are having at the tables and booths, few as they are. Despite the music, there are more tables and booths than dance floor. Despite the hour of the day, the place is about half full. Aside from some obvious city rat gang-types tearing it up near the dance floor, there are four obvious merc types, a small group of people that include three merc types and some guy in a suit and his well trained companion. As you enter, the bartender lets you know to take any open seat or table. They seem to be reinforced and can easily support Mane's weight.

One thing is clear, while most have body armor, sidearms and the occasional blade in a sheath or mace in a hanger, most are not actively toting large conspicuous weapons or power armor. Power armor that more resembles body armor is around, as are one or two full conversion borgs, but overall it seems to be a low key kind of place. A rent by the hour set of lockers is on one wall, and seems to be seeing use. Casper had warned the group of this, and they had come out dressed and geared up appropriately.

The subject to question, Gerald Titan is sitting at the bar away from where the bartender hangs out. His back is not to any table and he can see everything. Whatever he is drinking, it has an umbrella in it and its green.

Gerald Titan
ImageImage

"Be strong and do as you will. The swords of others will set you your limits." (Marauders of Gor, p.10)
"Yippee-ki-yay magic lovers." Lt. John Freeman, CS110 at the Socorro Skirmish of May 110PA

(Many thanks to SNAFU for the basis of my new AVATAR!)
CS High Command
Game Master

Re: This Going to the Dogs Already - Team Tex

Postby Mane » Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:39 pm

Perception (52% Normal Bar, 90% IFF Bar): 1d100 = 89
JIC Rolls: 1d20 = 9, 1d100 = 29
Sense Psychic & Magic Energy (80% base): 1d100 = 51
Sense Supernatural Beings (72% base): 1d100 = 69
Kitty Hearing:
* Discriminate between two sounds (75% base): 1d100 = 63
* Judge Distance & Precise Location of Source (98% base): 1d100 = 99
* Recognize & Identify Prey by Sounds (90% base): 1d100 = 47
Skill Rolls:
* Detect Ambush (100% base): 1d100 = 71
* Detect Concealment (80% base): 1d100 = 64
Condition: "Recon Eye" is installed in modular bionic eye socket for this op.

Alias: "Preacher" Kitteon Snow

Mane walked into the establishment as though he owned the place. He gave the venue a slow pan of his head, letting the Recon bionic eye in his skull record everything he saw for later review. After taking it all in, he spotted a table on the far side; one that would let him put his back to the wall like the seasoned gunfighter he was, yet place him and his crew in sight of everyone else. The objective was to be seen after all.

Taking his undercover role of the day of team leader seriously, as he passed by the table he like, he gave it three quick taps of his black steel-shreeding claw.

"Boys, we'll be sitting here." he said in a very alpha dog manner, letting everyone who was paying attention that he was the cat in charge. Then he added, "Get us some drinks. I'll be right back."

With a slow and deliberate stride, Mane went over to the Jukebox and selected himself a song. Though his selection was mostly dancey shit and techno pop, the big cat smiled as he came across a real winner. One song that was sure to bring the mood down in a place like this. Its inclusion in the track list must have been some kind of oversight, maybe from previous theme of the bar.

He pressed Select, paid for it to play over and over sixteen times in a row, and proceeded to walk back to the table. It was just a matter of time before the song made it to the top of the queue and the shit hit the fan.
Mane, driver of the big ugly bus.

Song in his heart: Let It Be

Stats and Gear
Quick Stats:
ISP: 14/64
HP: 118/118
SDC: 100/110
Armor: CA-6EX
MDC by Location:
  • Main Body: 200/200
  • Head/Helmet: 100/100
  • Legs: (R) 120/120, (L) 120/120
  • Arms: (R) 100/100, (L) 100/100
Weapons:
Wilk's 237 "Backup":
  • Damage: 3D6 MD single / 6D6 MD double blast; Range: 500'
  • Payload: 16/16 double blasts per long e-clip
Q1-02 "Stopper" Ion Pistol:
  • Damage:4D6+4 MD; Range: 200'
  • Payload: 24/24 blasts per long e-clip
Bandit 5050 "Papa Bear" Enhanced BigBore Medium Rail Gun:
  • Damage: 2D4 M.D./single, 4D4 M.D./burst of three, 5D6 M.D./burst of six, plus Knockdown Effect; Range: 2,000'
  • Payload: 240/240 Big Bore shotgun shells
Munition Reserve:
  • Long E-Clips: 6/6
  • Big Bore shotgun shells: not carried on person
Conditions:
  • None at this time
Mane
Ruby Level Patron
Ruby Level Patron

Postby Casper Wilpepper » Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:43 am

Perception: 1d100 = 86/26%
JIC: 1d20 = 19/1d100 = 12

Trust: 1d100 = 33/80% > Warm up the bartender so he is a bit chattier
Intelligence: 1d100 = 29/49% > Observe those observing Mane and reading between bartender lines.

Dressing more appropriately for the club, he leaves his rifle behind but packs both pistols. Arriving, Casper lets the rest of the group move to the table but he remains at the bar.

"Can I get a spritzer with bitters?" while the bar tender is busy making the drink, he continues his conversation. "I didn't expect it to be this busy right now. Slow day for most I guess. Know of anything going on around town?" he says, paying for his drink and throwing a fifty credit tip his way.

Casper looks around, taking in their man and others who may be taking a peculiar notice of Mane, not just surprise at the appearance of a giant predator.
Casper Wilpepper
Alias: Codex
Casper Wilpepper
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Egan Grey » Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:02 pm

Perception - 67%, 1d100 = 78
JIC: 1d20 = 17, 1d100 = 81

Skills
    Skill Rolls:
    [Intelligence – 71%, 1d100 = 20, PASS]
    [Streetwise – 56%, 1d100 = 81, FAIL]
    [Detect Ambush - 55%, 1d100 = 53, PASS]
Grayson walks into the bar and follows the cat over to his preferred table. Sitting down, he tries to keep an eye on the cat and who might be watching him as the big cat moves over to the jukebox, but the strobing lights, pop music, and the waitress coming over for the drink order distracts the scout. After a moment, Grayson finally ends up spotting the first 'target' at the bar and then the suit with his deterrent. Leaning closer to the table and their chaperon "I see a fruity drink, maybe you can work some magic?" Grayson say to Tex with a mischievous smile on his face. "Dust off those ol skills, eh?" He holds up his hands in a sign of just joking before adding, "The suit might be another choice, if we want to make a little extra cash while in town." Grey's eyebrow is raised as if in question about approaching the suit afterwards. -The suit could have some info, plus he might be hiring to take care of the issue and we could make some extra cash while doing what we'd already be doing.-
SSG Egan Grey aka Grayson Hender (1-8-2018)
You can Run....
Stats
Hp - 54/54
SDC - 66/66
ISP - 84/74
Constant Effects: Multi-Optic Eye, Sixth Sense (-2 ISP / use; +6 init, +2 parry, +3 dodge - can't be surprised)
Current Penalties:

Model Type: NG-UELX45 Stealth Power Armor
Head – 50/50
Arms (2) – 40/40 each
Legs (2) – 70/70 each
UEL Cables (2; forearm) – 6/6 each
Main Body – 175/175

NG Stalker Suit
M.D.C. Protection: 12/12

JA-12 - 30/21 -- 30/30 -- 4/4
Egan Grey
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby CS High Command » Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:19 pm

• Time: 1210 by end of post.
  • Temp: 4°, Bitterly Cold with a wind off the lake coming into the town of Hammond. Fog has burned off.
  • Weather: Sunny, Only a light dusting of snow and plenty of ice now melting into slush in the sun and refreezing with the wind.
  • Ley Line info: About three quarters of a mile from the nearest Ley Line; 4 miles from the nearest nexus to the North and 6 miles from the nearest nexus to the south.

Orders: Your job is going to be looking into the four modified men on the list. Recon and see if they could be possible suspects, or if they know someone who might be. Information gathering only.

Codex does the smart thing and starts with the bartender. "Nothing much, really. I mean stuff is happening, but nothing all that big. I haven't even seen a single murder yet today." He smirks and comes back with the drink.

Mane tries to spam a song, but finds the jukebox won't let him play it more than twice in a row, though it will let him put it in for 16 times, they will just play every ten songs and only twice in a row. The guys on the dance floor seem to be able to spring, and go into a headbanging frenzy during the song's double play. One guy throws up horns and calls out "Hell yeah!" to Mane.

Egan is looking around and can see that the companion of the guy in the suit is his bodyguard, but he seems to be getting communication from someone else the way he is watching people, including their group. Snoopy excuses himself and walks to the bathroom, suddenly needing to relieve himself. The bodyguard only vaguely watches him, though he does definitely have an eye on the pilot.

The target, however, seems unconcerned, or perhaps simply he has a very calming set of drugs flowing through his system at the moment.

GM Note: When you post a skill roll, tell me what you want it to do. Get creative! I do!
ImageImage

"Be strong and do as you will. The swords of others will set you your limits." (Marauders of Gor, p.10)
"Yippee-ki-yay magic lovers." Lt. John Freeman, CS110 at the Socorro Skirmish of May 110PA

CS High Command
Game Master

Postby Mane » Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:10 am

Perception (52% Normal Bar, 90% IFF Bar): 1d100 = 30
JIC Rolls: 1d20 = 7, 1d100 = 68

Skill Rolls:
* Seduction (47% base): 1d100 = 90
* French (44% base): 1d100 = 13

Condition: "Recon Eye" is installed in modular bionic eye socket for this op.

While the reaction from the crowd wasn't what he was expecting, Mane went along with it and reciprocated to the man giving him the horns in kind. Inwardly behind his poker face, the big cat hid his disappointment.

"Wooooo!!" Mane hollered, his arms spread high and wide in a "Y" as if victorious over something magnificent. It was an empty gesture intent on garnering the attention of their assigned mark, or whoever else may be watching.

He was once told that Slayer as antithetical to the tastes of the techno genera lovers. Apparently he was lied to, lending him to learning a lesson then and there; while stereotypes exist for a reason, gross categorical generalizations are often wrong to one extent or another.

Without looking directly at their mark, Gerald Titan, discreetly he took in a measure of the man's reaction to the grandiose grandstanding.

But with his stunt with the music being a bust, Mane needed to step up his game. It was time to do his job and draw some attention to himself by stirring up some genuine outrage ... though hopefully not not from his own compatriots.

His senses scanned the room until he laid eyes on the most beautiful woman in the establishment. With the lights, such as they were, Mane wasn't entirely sure if she was Human or something close, but she seemed to be popular with the boys. It was time to show the boys what a true Alpha looked like.

Before making his move, Mane signalled to his team and indicated to keep an eye on their mark, or any others about to get a reaction to his next antic.

He strolled up the bar and ordered two of what she was drinking. If the bartender gives him any guff, Mane gives him a low warning growl. But either which way, the charming cat will give a generous tip.

With the confidence of Superman, the hulking cat glided over to the woman, brushing aside any man who attempted to bar his way with his a casual flick of his wrecking-ball-strength. For his opening line, he laid on her the best swave French he could muster (consideeing he's better at reading French than speaking it).

"Bonjour ma belle prise du jour. Permit me to introduce myself. My name is Kitteon Snow, and it would be my privilege if you would share a drink with me."

Stats and Gear
Quick Stats:
MDC by Location:
Weapons:
Wilk's 237 "Backup":
  • Damage: 2D4 M.D./single, 4D4 M.D./burst of three, 5D6 M.D./burst of six, plus Knockdown Effect; Range: 2,000'
Munition Reserve:
Conditions:
  • None at this time
Mane
Ruby Level Patron
Ruby Level Patron

Postby Casper Wilpepper » Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:24 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 67/26%
JIC: 1d20 = 1/1d100 = 27

Casper grins at the lack of murder in the bartender's daily routine. "Well, imagine that. No, just looking for something. If you're not making money, you're losing it of course."

Mane's proactive stirring is a spectacle to watch. These guys must get in a lot of fights. Sculpting with a baseball bat.

Turning back to the bartender he pushes further. "Hey, the guy across from us. That's Carl Johnson isn't it? he says, pulling a name from some report he had read in the past. Obviously he knows his name but watches the bartender for reactions in additions to his answers.
Casper Wilpepper
Casper Wilpepper
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby CS High Command » Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:16 pm

The barman shrugs at Casper. "Never asked him his name. Sides, he's working, so aside from some occasional water, he doesn't ask for much. You can ask him if you want." He turns away. It occurs to Casper that the bartender probably feigns a lot of ignorance in order to keep return business. It also occurs to him that recurring business probably opens up his memory.

technogirl
Mane finds a likely girl, slides up to her and puts on his best move. She just stares at him. "Sure, whatever. Get me a suicide mudslide." As she lights up her pungently aromatic (and honestly nose stinging) cigarello, she looks at him bored as he orders and finds that she ordered one of the two most expensive drinks on the menu - 20 credits. "So are you like trying to cause a fight, get laid, or just look important?" She doesn't look impressed, but doesn't stop talking to him either.
ImageImage

CS High Command
Game Master

Postby Casper Wilpepper » Wed Dec 26, 2018 8:28 am

Peception: 1d100 = 25/26%
JIC: 1d20 = 2/1d100 = 94

Casper nods at the bartender. Working? That's interesting. He knows enough to know he's on a job.

"Oh, didn't know he was working. Thanks for the drinks."

He watches Mane's tactics with a pained expression. He's bold, but so is a car wreck.

Making his way back to the table he says "Our friend is apparently working. The bartender might take a bit to warm up. I'm giving it just a bit, but I'm going to go talk to him directly. Shaking the tree a bit."
Casper Wilpepper
Casper Wilpepper
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Mane » Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:57 am

Perception (52% Normal Bar, 90% IFF Bar): 1d100 = 33
JIC Rolls: 1d20 = 17, 1d100 = 49

Invoke Trust (55% base): 1d100 = 89
Seduction (47% base): 1d100 = 60

CS High Command wrote:"So are you like trying to cause a fight, get laid, or just look important?" She doesn't look impressed, but doesn't stop talking to him either.

Mane couldn't help but to notice the utter lack of impression in her eyes, pretty as they may have been. Clearly his suave pick up lines would not work with this one, so he decided to change tactics to see if they yielded results. An appeal beyond the superficial.

"My apologies. You misunderstand my intent. I merely saw a beautiful woman over here mobbed by, horny boys, sycophants and posers, and was hoping to find out if there was more to you than meets the eye..."

Mane downed the drink like it was nothing more than water in one swift motion.

"... or if your beauty is only skin deep. But I'm getting ahead of myself. May I ask your name?"

Stats and Gear
Quick Stats:
MDC by Location:
Weapons:
Wilk's 237 "Backup":
Munition Reserve:
Conditions:
  • None at this time
Mane
Ruby Level Patron
Ruby Level Patron

Postby Snoopy Toretto » Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:00 pm

Perception 1d100 = 48/89%
JIC 1d20 = 15
JIC 1d100 = 28
Skills:
    Dance (Automatic Critical Success)

Snoopy wipes his hands on his pants as he exits the men's restroom. His initial thought is, Handryers are such a failure. Apparently the bathroom is still on his mind because then he wonders why they only put a short urinal in, and not a super tall one. Mane probably pisses all over the top of the urinal. What is that dumb cat doing?

Taking the opportunity upon emerging from the restroom to scan the room, Snoopy doesn't let his glance linger on the bodyguard. It's a bar, he's undercover, and if a bodyguard wants to check him out, Snoopy allows a moment to think it's because he's more good looking than suspicious. Always nice to be noticed, but it's also nice to pretend he's being identified as a different kind of target.

He hears the music playing at the moment and rolls his eyes back in his head. "Who can dance to this crap?" he mumbles and heads over to the machine. He positions himself by the juke box and maybe glances back at the bodyguard before choosing a dancy-pop-love song. He walks to the bar and orders a beer absently. He waits for the song to kick in then he goes and dances. It's hard to look good dancing alone, but Snoopy's confident he can. He's pretty confident all the time, so this is no different. It's also hard to dance and look like you're not watching someone you're trying to watch.

Snoopy, despite his confidence, isn't really a pickup artist, not like Mane is trying to be. So he's trying to gauge the reaction of the bodyguard (who's glance is probably a red herring no matter what, but it's the best lead he's got) and anyone else in the bar. Dancing people are safe to stare at, so someone trying to size him up (as a threat or otherwise) kind of has permission to stare. It's kind of like electronic counter-countermeasures. But while shaking your ass.
Snoopy
Out along the edge / Is always where I burn to be / The further on the edge / The hotter the intensity

And I fought with courage to preserve / Not my way of life but yours
Stats

Conditions:
H.P.: 26/26
S.D.C.: 27/27

Weapons:
CP-20 Laser Pistol
• Range: 800' • Damage: 2d6 MD • Payload 30/30 LE-Clip / 2 LE-Clips
Vibro-Knife
• Damage: 1D6 M.D.
CP-40 Pulse Laser Rifle
• Range: 2000' • Damage: 2D6 M.D. / 6D6 M.D. burst • Rate of Fire: Single shots or 3-shot bursts only • Payload: 30/30 per LE-Clip

Armor
CA-FS1 Armored Flight Suiit
• Helmet: 25/25 • Arms (left): 6/6 • Arms (right): 6/6 • Legs (left): 10/10 • Legs (right): 10/10 • Main Body: 22/22

Vehicle
Deathwing:
• Main Body of Wing: 174/290• Main Body of Armor: 149/180
Snoopy Toretto

Postby Mane » Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:28 pm

Perception: (52% Normal Bar, 90% IFF Bar): 1d100 = 89
JIC Rolls: 1d20 = 16, 1d100 = 78

Mane was momentarily distracted from his efforts by the impressed sounds of the crowd. Turning his head to investigate, he saw Snoopy busting out mad moves on the dance floor beyond compare. Daaaaaaaamn!, the murder-kitty thought to himself, taken aback by the unveiling of Snoopy's hidden talent.

Not to be out-done, Mane turned back the the hard-to-get lady. Maybe he could use this to his advantage. "See that? That's one of my boys! I taught him those moves."

Stats and Gear
Quick Stats:
MDC by Location:
Weapons:
Wilk's 237 "Backup":
Munition Reserve:
Conditions:
  • None at this time
Mane
Ruby Level Patron
Ruby Level Patron

Postby Casper Wilpepper » Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:41 am

((rolls carried))

Casper watches the massive cat and their lead man cut a rug. They have some strange methods. he thinks watching the two dance the night away. He gets comfortable however and plays a waiting game, watching their target for some sign of activity.
Casper Wilpepper
Casper Wilpepper
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby CS High Command » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:38 pm

• Time: 1300 by end of post.

As Casper and Egan watch, Mane and Snoopy engage in alternative intelligence techniques. Both have limited success. Mane's lady friend turns out to be a bit of a merc groupie, having had boyfriends, girlfriends, and lovers among the more dangerous mercs in the area. Gerald Titan, he's told is less interested in the fairer sex, both by definition of choice and that he is almost always working as a bodyguard or a killer for hire. Henric Isold, the partial cyborg pirate, is far too crazy for her. But he also has sizable number of mutants on his crew, as well as animal mutants. Mane mentally checks him off the list. She laughs when he mentions Karen Page. "That bitch is crazy, and I don't mean just the knobs sticking out of her head. But she loves some furry love. She'd have a ball with you big boy." Yvonne Dade is likely another dead end. She turns out to be serving in one of the big merc companies down in Merctown and has been for the last six months. The two of them like to go out dancing together. She gives Mane her contact info and she heads off to dance with a friend, giving the big cat a peck on his furry cheek.

Snoopy comes in from his epic dance off and sits down at the bar near Titan. He looks over the juicer and aside from the obvious insanity of choosing death over life, he can definitely say the juicer assassin isn't a bad looking guy. Despite being in work mode, the juicer meets Snoopy's gaze. "Good moves out there. Reminds me of a show I watch. Character did a dance like that." The two talk Into the Flames and life and Snoopy quickly ascertains that the juicer has been out of the area for most of the incidents. He gets the juicer's contact info and heads out, the rest of the team following soon after.

Continue Posting here.
ImageImage

CS High Command
Game Master

Return to CS Special Operations Group Adventure Forum