Crimean Wolves #2: This is Crimea

Moderator: Augur

Re: Crimean Wolves #2: This is Crimea

Postby SNAFU » Wed May 31, 2017 9:56 am

Conditions wrote:TIME & DATE: 19:39,
CLIMATE: Mild Crimean summer evening, no wind
VISIBILITY: Sky remains hazy, but visibility is good.
TERRAIN: rocky, barren, wasteland, no vegetation
LOCATION : The western Crimean Highlands, 3 miles from the coast.
LEY LINE: Effectively no, Morogot's monolith sits on a nexus and swallows all the energy it produces. Despite this, Two large nexuses are near enough that the ambient energy is at normal levels.


The team secures itself from being sucked into Morogot; Vheld extricates himself from the edge of the Mystic Portal and closes it at the same time. He orders everyone to pull back and summons Brokswa from the Monolith. Sshir carries Lahz to the ground, while the others fly or are carried as needed.

Vheld's intentions become clear as he circles the monolith and summons forth the impressive black energy of the Annihilation spell.

Vheld sends the first dark energy spheres into the upper edge of the monolith's plug. A brief pause is followed by a sharp cracking boom and suddenly a massive crater appears in the Monolith's facade.

Vheld comes in again to send his second strike towards the same spot. When he does, a identical ball of black energy is projected from the Monolith! Luckily for Vheld it misses by a mile. Vheld's strike does not.

This time the resulting hole begins to spew Ectoplasma into the sky in a satisfying way and a crack begins to form, splitting a line from the top and growing towards the bottom.

Morogot has time to send one more ball of his own towards Vheld and Bel'dar. It strikes with certainty (20!) and Vheld and his minion knocked from the sky!

Meanwhile, by reflex or in desperation, the 'launching sequence' of Morogot's spore begins. There isn't enough pressure and the cracking exterior does not have the necessary structural integrity to withstand the forces unleashed.

The massive spore/plug rises out its housing enough to clear the lip of outer wall, but then immediately falls to the ground. It is still being propelled though and it ploughs through the Crimean soil for a full kilometer before coming to a rest. This puts the chamber likely housing Chaz'Amych between the Spooks and the Russians.

Vheld comes to a few moments later having suffered remarkably little damage considering. His and Bel'Dar's invincible armor absorbed the damage and has been negated. The rough landing he took, knocked him significantly (-33 S.D.C.) but he is able to get himself and Be'l'dar clear of any further debris.

Echo and Whisper immediately see that the Russians are moving in at speed. Not towards the Spooks but the Spore thingy. A race is to the Spooks advantage as it is only 1 km away for them as opposed to 11km away for the bulk of the Russians. Only 1km for that spotter dude though.


WHATCHADO?
SNAFU
 

Re: Crimean Wolves #2: This is Crimea

Postby Vheld » Wed May 31, 2017 10:15 am

JIC: 1d20:
18
, 1d100:
41

PER: 1d20+5 = 18:
13


Conditions: Fly as the Eagle (143m45s remaining, +1p, +2d in flight), Invincible Armor (Brokswa/Sshir: 22m45s remaining, Vheld/Bel'Dar: 27m00s remaining, 225/225 MDC, 1/2 damage from energy, -15% to physical skills, fully environmental, regen 1d6 MDC/melee)

Dodge roll to avoid damage- 1d20+5 = 11:
6


All things considered, that could have gone much worse Vheld thinks as he clears the mental cobwebs and flies back into the air under his own 'power' in the wake of Morogot's assault. As he expends another charge on his invincible armor talisman (and Bel'Dar does the same), Vheld takes stock of the situation as much as he is able. Their target- potentially both of them- is isolated from Morogot and vulnerable, along with who-knows what goodies in the ruined spore-thing. Assuming he spots the Russian hoofing it, Vheld quickly realizes time is of the essence.

"Let's go!" he barks at his minions, and takes off towards the crash site using his flight spell. When Bel'Dar catches up to him, Vheld will grab on and settle in to his usual perch, before urging his minion to speed on towards the Russian spotter. Along the way, Vheld begins plotting, and calls back to his other minions "Secure the area!". While Vheld and Bel'Dar move to deal with the spotter Brokswa, Sshir, and Slithn move in to take up guard positions near the downed spore.

I have a task for which you are well suited. Make the poor fool hoping to beat us to our target flee in terror. Temporarily ignoring the spore, Vheld flies into range and casts compulsion on the spotter, attempting to implant an overwhelming desire to flee the area ((-20 PPE)). If for whatever reason that doesn't work he'll simply pin the fellow down with a carpet of adhesion ((-10 PPE, not deducted)).

Once the spotter has been dealt with, Vheld allows himself to relax fractionally, a small sigh escaping his lips. An impetuous move. I am lucky to be alive. The first time since Alexandria I have tested myself against one who could approach the Splugorth's power. Clearly I still have much to learn.

To further motivate the spotter's retreat, Brokswa will summon a wall of plasma in between the Russian and the Spore. Sshir will be about to cast a spell when Vheld stops him. The shifter sets Bel'Dar on the ground and waits for the rest of the team to catch up to them. When Carl gets there, Vheld says "Sshir's elemental magic can summon a storm that will likely delay the Russians, but it could also interfere with our attempts to escape via the air. I suggest we land the hover barge and make this quick." Vheld will then cast a scowling eye on the downed spore, as if expecting Chaz'Amych to emerge from it at any moment.
Leave me alone.
Spell Strength +5 (victims need 17 or better to save vs. Vheld's incantations)
Automatically sense Vampires (1000 ft/100% chance to recognize on sight), Rifts (550 miles), and Ley Lines (85%, 100 miles; +10% for nexuses); Sustained (8d remaining)
PPE: 329/329 (Vheld), 83/83 (Sil), 200/200 (Slithn). ISP: 90/90 (Medallion), 230/230 (Slithn).
Talismans: 2/3 on Vheld IA; 2/3 on Sil IA and FatE; 2/3 on Sshir, IA
Weapon in Hand- TW Storm Staff.
User avatar
Vheld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 481
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:36 am
Location: Rifts PC (The Spook Squad)

Re: Crimean Wolves #2: This is Crimea

Postby Erg » Wed May 31, 2017 4:06 pm

Perception: 1d20+2 = 12:
10
(Additional +3 Involving Magic , Machines , or their Combination)
JIC: 1d20:
14
, 1d100:
11


Current Conditions:
  • Sustain : 286h 53m 45s: No need Eat, Drink, Breath , Only ~2h sleep per 24 hour period.
  • ETA to Warlord Sokolov's whole island 'purge' : 3h 58m 45s
  • Updraft TW Shoes : 26m Run on Air Max Spd 50 Max Altitude 1,000 ft

- - - - - - - - - - -

In a combination of awe / envy / inadequacy Erg watched Vheld display god-like power , exchanges back and forth with the other god-like being Margot. :shock: :pale:
... I ... I , really must make more investments to improve myself .. These guys are on a completely different higher level than me .. they might squish me just by accident.

Erg will follow the lead of the other Spokes .. If they head toward the downed spore .. Erg will follow after them .. Although Even with his Spd50 Updraft shoes activated , most of the other spokes are still faster than he is .. Erg cautiously would let the others (who are better soldiers/fighters) lead the way ahead of him.

Either way .. to play it safe , Erg activates a few more defenses.
MA-2 TW Armor (-10PPE)

Erg also puts his Multi-Tool away .. and pulls out his NG-33 Laser Pistol.
Erg Flux
Status
HP(34) .. SDC(20) .. ISP(58) .. PPE(144/144) .. Sustain Sleep2Hr/day no eat,drink,breath (7d)
•On Person Gear, Utility Belt, Miniature PPE(180) Battery Regen10/hr , Updraft TW Shoes 8PPE 30m 50Spd
•(VS)VehicleStopper 300ft 6d6MD+KnockBack Amo1 (1reload take 4 actions)
•MiserShard 2d6MDC/SDC , Wielder heals damage dealt PFWE-p.156 , Damage Doesn't Heal Normally PFWE-p.156
•MDC Executive Business Suit Coat MDC 8 Mods: Naruni Forcefield 160MDC 12hrs regen4/min , TW Energy Conversion Field 10PPE 14min
•MDC Executive Slacks MDC 3 Dimensional Pockets : FR 41 norm VS Rounds , FL VS itself & 10 TW enhanced VS Rounds additional 9ft radius +7d4 fireball
•WingBoard Crescent 5PPE 60MPH (120leyline) VTOL 160MDC Bonuses: +2Int, +3d , +1s, +20% Piloting Skill Checks
User avatar
Erg
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 359
Joined: Sun Apr 06, 2014 2:21 am
Location: Rifts Earth: Spook Squad Bound

Re: Crimean Wolves #2: This is Crimea

Postby Echo » Wed May 31, 2017 4:55 pm

Perception: 1d20:
16
+3=19
JiC: 1d100:
83
//1d20:
6

Tracking, Humanoid: 1d100:
10
/68%
Surveillance: 1d100:
44
/68%
Pilot, Jet Packs: 1d100:
31
/72%

With such a reaction and no communication, you are now officially considered an enemy. Echo thinks to himself and he lines up a heavy shot on the Russian Spotter. Echo will lurch forward with his Jetpack to keep up with everyone else, if Vheld's Carpet of Adhesion fails, he will line up a kill shot on the Russian Spotter but will otherwise continue short fast bursts with his Jetpack and scowl. I need to invest in a better form of transportation.

Echo will attempt to keep pace with Vheld and Carl, but going slow enough to where they are slightly ahead of him. His goal is not to reach to target but to watch for anyone who is attempting to reach the target. His eyes are locked on the spotter from earlier and if Vheld's Adhesion fails, he will fire at the spotter with zero hesitation. If any other Russians get anywhere near them, he will use the Jetpack and pick them off as he can. He will radio to the rest of the Spooks "Seven here. I am maintaining eyes on the incoming force, if they get too close I will start to pick them off." Echo states with certainty, not trusting his skills against a god, but being more than confident against an enemy force such as this. It is like they are fodder.

Strike Rolls. Echo will take long, aimed shots on anyone he deems worthy (GM discretion on when they are close enough). He will be trying to keep pace with everyone but will slow down to fire his shots and then lurch forward with the Jetpack to catch back up. Note: If Vheld or Carl tell him to hold fire, he will do so and focus on getting to the target.

Range: 1,200m for Heavy (1.2km)
Strike: 1d20+11 = 25:
14
, 1d20+11 = 16:
5
, 1d20+10 = 24:
14

Damage: (2d4*10)+20 = 70:
1, 4
, (2d4*10)+20 = 90:
3, 4
, (2d4*10)+20 = 90:
3, 4
Echo, Professional Sharpshooter and Assassin
Character Details
H.P.: 54/54 | S.D.C.: 62/62

Constant Conditions: Multi-optic Eye (+1 Strike) | Amplified Hearing and Sound Filtration (+1 Parry/+2 Dodge/+3 Initiative)

Weapons: NE-75H Shoulder Cannon | Range: Laser: 6000' Heavy, 4000' Light| Damage: 2d4x10+20MD Heavy, 1d4x10+10 Light | RoF: Single Shot, Equal to H2H APM | Payload: Heavy E-Clip 8/8, Light E-Clip 20/20 | Bonuses: +1 to Strike on an aimed or called shot

Drones: DV-39 Wolf Pack Robot Drone: N-F50A Force Field: 160/160 | Head: 90/90| Front Legs: R: 95/95 L: 95/95| Back Legs: L: 95/95 R: 95/95| Main Body: 200/200

Armor: Silent Shadow Power Armor: N-F50A Force Field: 160/160 | Head: 80/80| Arms: R: 60/60 L: 60/60| Legs: L: 80/80 R: 80/80| Main Body: 190/190| Wings: R: 32/32 L: 32/32
NE-CW20 Camo Variable Armor: N-F50A Force Field: 160/160 | Helmet: 40/40| Arms: R: 20/20 L: 20/20| Legs: L: 30/30 R: 30/30| Main Body: 80/80| Features: Changes color to match environment (1d4 melees), Masks infared and thermal (21% Chance to be detected by such devices), -20% to be detected by other means, Naruni Psionic Dampener (+2 v Psi, +1 v Possession), Preset Encrypted Spooks Frequencies
Branaghan Overcoat: Arms: L: 8/8 R: 8/8 | Legs: R: 12/12 L: 12/12 | Main Body: 28/28 | -5% to all physical skills
Camouflage, Stealth Ghillie Suit: +10 Prowl/Blend, Invisible outside of 200' from Thermal/Infared, -30% check if within 200' to spot.

Talking to LynX mentally/internally. (0040FF)
Lynx Responding mentally/internally. (8000FF)
Doppler speaking/responding mentally, internally. (FF0000)
User avatar
Echo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 207
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:08 pm
Location: Rifts PC (Spook Squad)

Re: Crimean Wolves #2: This is Crimea

Postby Lahz » Wed May 31, 2017 10:08 pm

OOC: 65MPH works out to 104.607KPH ... 95.39ft/second which is ~1430ft/melee (i.e. 436.12 Meters/Melee), if Lahz sprints in the Marauder, which he's not doing.

Perception [+2]: 1d20+2 = 4:
2
[+3 involving Electronics or Machines]
JiC D20: 1d20:
10

JiC D100: 1d100:
97


Conditions: Telemechanics (0 ISP, Constant, 5ft, 96%), Mind-block Auto-Defense (0 ISP, Automatic), Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy (1600ft if using magical or psionic powers, 600ft if NOT using powers), Radiate Nature [Uneasy/Cautious/Angry], Marauder PA Link, Force Field [ 160/160 MD ]

Telemechanics [96%]: 1d100:
85


Lahz watches the Behemoth-Bloom-of-Eeeeevil rupture ostensibly spewing some containment device bearing their quarry. He opts to begin hustling over towards the Chamber/Pod, not at a sprint because he'd like to be able to maintain some ability to converse, but at maybe 50MPH. Tapping the radio the Elf asks congenially, "If they want to crack this thing open, do we let them? I mean we don't really need to kill Chaz, just document the process of his death ... Hell Deuce's little tantrum back there probably qualifies as participating even if we don't end up with kill-shots. Should we let the Locals pop their necks in to see what kind of claws come out? ... I'm personally not too sure I want to be the tip of this spear hehehe ..."

However even as he offers up his remarks, the Elf is bringing online targeting for a Long-Range-Missile Volley. As engaged, his view of the terrain is somewhat suspect (horrid perception).

Pilot: Robots & Power Armor [94+10% ('Merged') 104%]: 1d100:
56

Weapons Systems [73+10% ('Merged') 83%]: 1d100:
71


OOC: ETA 45 Seconds
Lahz D'Gemmel
OOC Comments
ISP: 191/191
PPE: 22/22
HP: 32/32
SDC: 26/26

Worn:
NG RA5 Arrow Ride Armor
MD by Loc: Helmet: 35/35, Main Body: 30/30
Arms: [L] 14/14 . [R] 14/14 & Legs: [L] 18/18 . [R] 18/18

N-F50A Superheavy Force Field - Not Active
M.D.C.: 160/160

Weapons: Wilk's 325 "Mariner" Pulse Pistol 2D8 MD or 4D8 MD, 900'

Other: Drone Command Gauntlet (NG2 pg 245) [Left Forearm, 10 MD, 5 Mile Wireless Range], Vibro-Knife [1d6 MD], Laser Eavesdropping Device, Multitool, Talismans from Vheld (several)

Accompanied by Ray the Droid (( NG-B50 ‘Thunderer’ BigBore Combat Hammer, Wilks Laser Sword & NG-SE9 Sharpshooter ))
User avatar
Lahz
Group Leader
 
Posts: 407
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:38 am
Location: Rifts: Spook Squad

Re: Crimean Wolves #2: This is Crimea

Postby Whisper » Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:21 pm

Perception: 1d20+2 = 16:
14

Just in Case d20: 1d20:
12
;JIC d100: 1d100:
62


Whisper holds her fire for now unless ordered to shoot. Can I even hurt that thingy?, she wonders to herself, certain that the 'spore' has some kind of wizardy stuff protecting it.

"I think the Russians want to take our prize.", Whisper states dryly, noting them closing in.

Contingencies:
Dodge if necessary
1d20+13 = 14:
1
, 1d20+13 = 31:
18
, 1d20+13 = 16:
3
, 1d20+13 = 20:
7
, 1d20+13 = 15:
2
, 1d20+13 = 24:
11
, 1d20+13 = 33:
20
, 1d20+13 = 18:
5


Shoot particle beam cannon if ordered to engage:
strike 1d20+4 = 24:
20
, damage 2d4*10 = 70:
4, 3

strike 1d20+4 = 23:
19
, damage 2d4*10 = 60:
3, 3

strike 1d20+4 = 19:
15
, damage 2d4*10 = 50:
1, 4

strike 1d20+4 = 17:
13
, damage 2d4*10 = 60:
4, 2

strike 1d20+4 = 6:
2
, damage 2d4*10 = 80:
4, 4

strike 1d20+4 = 22:
18
, damage 2d4*10 = 40:
3, 1

strike 1d20+4 = 6:
2
, damage 2d4*10 = 30:
2, 1

strike 1d20+4 = 6:
2
, damage 2d4*10 = 30:
1, 2
Whisper
H.P.: 32/32
S.D.C.: 50/50

Mecha-Knight main body 400/400
Forcefield 160/160
User avatar
Whisper
 
Posts: 221
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:00 am

Re: Crimean Wolves #2: This is Crimea

Postby Carl » Sat Jun 03, 2017 3:27 pm

Perception: 1d20+7 = 9:
2

JIC D20: 1d20:
8
; D100: 1d100:
79


Condition: Activated: Motion Detector (40ft);Amplified Hearing (range 360ft) +3 init; Sound Suppression System; Enchanted Earring: Protection against all types of Fire (including magical); Telescopic (4-8x30 magnification, range 6000ft); (Sunglasses)Impervious to Energy talisman, 1 use remaining (lv5) Not activated: Thermal Imaging (range 3000ft); Armband: Time Slip talisman, 3 uses remaining, (lvl 5); Enchanted Earring - Casts Invisibility: Simple (4x/day (3 remaining), 15 min duration)
Vheld wrote:. When Carl gets there, Vheld says "Sshir's elemental magic can summon a storm that will likely delay the Russians, but it could also interfere with our attempts to escape via the air. I suggest we land the hover barge and make this quick."

Carl moves over by Vheld. "Sounds good, go for it." To Erg, Carl says, " Jack, land the barge."
Echo wrote: "Seven here. I am maintaining eyes on the incoming force, if they get too close I will start to pick them off."

"OK, Seven, if they get too close, give them something to think about."

Lahz wrote:"If they want to crack this thing open, do we let them? I mean we don't really need to kill Chaz, just document the process of his death ... Hell Deuce's little tantrum back there probably qualifies as participating even if we don't end up with kill-shots. Should we let the Locals pop their necks in to see what kind of claws come out? ... I'm personally not too sure I want to be the tip of this spear hehehe ..."

"I wish that was an option, but we have no idea of what they will actually do with him. Lets not leave anything to chance, especially since we are the ones in control at the moment. If our status changes and it becomes in our best interest to back away, then we will look at that options, but for now, lets try to end this and him as soon as possible.

Whisper wrote:"I think the Russians want to take our prize.", Whisper states dryly, noting them closing in.

Wanting to see if any non-magic damage will affect the pod, Carl says to Whisper "Tarot, fire a couple of shots into the spore. I want to see what effects it will have and see if we can get our fugitive to show himself before our other guests arrive."

To Vinograd, Carl says in Dragonese/Elven, "For now I will need you to be ready for a fight. I would prefer to just destroy the thing in the spore, but we will not let those party-crashers steal our prize and/or our kill, so use your discretion, depending on which one becomes the greater threat to our success."
Carl
Constant Effects
MDC: Main Body200/200;
Amplified Hearing (range 360ft) +3 init;
Armor: Shadow Armor
• Attackers are -5 to strike the wearer in darkness
• M.D.C: Main body 400/400
Force Field: N-F50A Superheavy 160/160
Weapon in Hand: Duel Concealed Palm Energy Generators - Particle Beams:
☞ Mega-Damage: 5d6 MD per single blast, a duel simultaneous blast inflicts 1d6x10 MD
Weapons: Duel Rune-Daisho Swords (hilts have wrist straps to secure them when used)
☞ The power of the Battle Fury can be summoned by the wielder of these swords. Both swords must be present for the power to work. (3 times per 24 hours))
☞ Katana: 5D6 S.D.C./H.P. to mortal foes, 5d6 M.D. to M.D.C. foes and 8D6 M.D. to supernatural beings.
☞ Wakazashi: 3D6 S.D.C./H.P. to mortal foes, 3d6 M.D. to M.D.C. foes and 5D6 M.D. to supernatural beings. (Can cure wounds and bestow 5d6 HP and 5d6 sdc (or 4d6 mdc) at the same time (3 times per 24 hours))
Flight: Jet Pack[/size]
User avatar
Carl
 
Posts: 677
Joined: Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:09 pm
Location: Rifts PC (The Spook Squad)

Re: Crimean Wolves #2: This is Crimea

Postby Vinograd » Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:20 am

OOC Comments
Perception: 1d20+1 = 12:
11

Just in Case: 1d20:
19
/1d100:
69

Conditions: None, besides being a dragon.


Carl wrote:To Vinograd, Carl says in Dragonese/Elven, "For now I will need you to be ready for a fight. I would prefer to just destroy the thing in the spore, but we will not let those party-crashers steal our prize and/or our kill, so use your discretion, depending on which one becomes the greater threat to our success."


Vinograd smiles, then makes a face. (Language: American 1d100:
77
/52% Fail
) "Ich kann das machen!" which then gets vinograd to look embarrassed, before just nodding and making his way to intercede between the Russians and the "Seed Pod" That wasn't there language, that was Euro... try better next time. Vino thinks to himself on the trip to his spot. Vino considers the possible foe and wonders if they would see reason that fighting a Dragon for a trinket would be futile, or would Vino have to kill and eat all of them. Ah life's mysteries.

On the way Vino casts Chameloen (6 PPE, 18 minutes) to minimize the enemies ability to spot him easily. Once/if the fighting erupts Vino will quickly cast more defensive spells before wading into battle.
Vinograd
"We are a product of our upbringing, not of our genetics." Vinograd
M.D.C.: 422/422
P.P.E.: 129/129
I.S.P.: 88/88
User avatar
Vinograd
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 82
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:23 pm
Location: Spook Squad PC

Re: Crimean Wolves #2: This is Crimea

Postby SNAFU » Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:22 am

Conditions wrote:TIME & DATE: 19:50,
CLIMATE: Mild Crimean summer evening, no wind
VISIBILITY: Sky remains hazy, but visibility is good.
TERRAIN: rocky, barren, wasteland, no vegetation
LOCATION : The western Crimean Highlands, 3 miles from the coast.
LEY LINE: Almost on top of a re-emerging Nexus.


19:50:01: The Spooks make their move.

The nearby nexus is released. Not in an explosive way, but more like an overloaded power-plant beginning to boot back up.

19:50:02: The lone, forward Russian, immediately fires his own jet pack up to rocket towards the Spore.

19:50:07: The Nexus is completely free of Morogot's control.

The Spore looks a bit like a deflated balloon the closer you get. A giant, deflated, lead balloon... with a lump in it.

On approach you are again struck by the scale of Morogot's construct, it seems impossible that this lumpen bulk would ever have taken flight.

Additionally, the Morogot chitin looks to be... rotting, and at an uncanny rate. Like the Ectoplasm, which disappeared shortly after exiting the constructs confines, the chitin itself can't seem to exist without the continuous PPE feed that Morogot directed into it.

19:50:10: Whisper arrives first, she puts a Particle blast into the Spore, it has a surprisingly destructive effect considering it's earlier impressive integrity. A massive hole is ripped thru the liquefying 'stuff'.

19:50:11: A volley of three missiles is fired from one of the closer barges.

19:50:12: The Russian arrives in the vicinity of the Spore. 50m away he stops short and looks to the sky.

Not that the Spooks will ever know, his name is Ivan Arelyiev, he is an experienced intelligence officer, known as a Smoke Soldier to his fellows.

If he is distracted today it might well be because he is scheduled to be married later this week. The love of his life has finally agreed to his relentless assault of increasingly elaborate proposals. Svetlana, the beauty, distracting indeed.

What Happens to Ivan
But that's not what he's thinking about now. He's wondering why the volley of missiles, clearly intended for, directed and fired at Whisper, has suddenly taken a sharp turn to converge directly on his position.

19:50:13: Ivan Arelyiev is blown to smithereens.


19:50:15: Carl, Vheld, Echo arrive at the Spore. They see an obvious entry point, but no signs of life, in or around the giant globule. The entrance does not allow for entry by anything over 8' tall and 4' wide.

19:50:18: Erg, Lahz, Vinograd arrive. Gathered at the entrance point the Spooks are out of the Russians' line of sight; the Spooks can easily maneuver to keep an eye on their advance however.

The Russian Barges have formed groups based on their respective speeds as well.

The first group of ten barges is 8km and closing. The second group of eight barges is 10km and closing.

19:50:50: Small groups of jet-pack-fitted 'borgs begin deploying off the barges. 20 are currently visible.

19:51:00: The lead group is half-way at 6km you have one minute until arrival. The rear group is 9km away, 90 seconds until arrival.

(In addition you have 42 seconds not fully accounted for in this post.)

What Echo sees
at the 20 second mark Echo spots something that makes Ivan's solitude make a bit more sense. Having started from about 6 km out from the monolith's original position, three men are flying on some sort of wing boards. They are keeping so low that they had been impossible to spot at that distance, but now they are racing towards the Spook's position and intermittently visible depending on the contours of the land. They will arrive in at 19:51:20

what Vheld sees
The Spore has collapsed and settled into a fairly stable structure. Essentially appears to be a spiral corridor leading to a large inner chamber. The entire thing almost imperceptibly expands and contracts giving a 'breathing' effect to the blob. No one seems to be coming out.
SNAFU
 

Re: Crimean Wolves #2: This is Crimea

Postby Erg » Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:11 pm

Perception: 1d20+2 = 5:
3
(Additional +3 Involving Magic , Machines , or their Combination)
JIC: 1d20:
20
, 1d100:
67


Current Conditions:
  • Sustain : 286h 42m 45s: No need Eat, Drink, Breath , Only ~2h sleep per 24 hour period.
  • ETA to Warlord Sokolov's whole island 'purge' : 3h 47m 45s
  • Updraft TW Shoes : 15m Run on Air Max Spd 50 Max Altitude 1,000 ft
  • MA-2 : 10m Breath Without Air , Cleanse , Armor of Ithan 50MDC (Fire, Lightning, Cold do 1/2 Dmg)

OOC = I really like that show/hide button thing .. neat 8)

- - - - - - - - - -

Carl wrote:To Erg, Carl says, "Jack, land the barge."


Erg starts to try and do as Carl instructed .. but , it was Lahz that had setup a remote radio link and auto-pilot recall program with their Barge.

Lahz wrote:Pulling up to the beach with the designated course programmed, Lahz will also input a code to call the ship back to this drop-point [Computer Programming [78%]: 1d100 = 63], **All faith in Vheld's spells, but it couldn't hurt to be self-sufficient and be able to summon my own ride here ...**


Sense the barge is well beyond Erg's ability to read the codes and such via telemechanics (5ft) .. Trying to run out to it to manually drive it in would take too long given how close and fast the Russians are .. and trying to hack past Lahz's codes and programming would take too long.

I think I remember .. back before we left the ship .. back when I was still in psychic (telemechanics) contact with it .. Lahz had set up some kind of recall command into the auto-pilot.

Erg activates Total Recall (-2ISP) to recall the specific detail / codes and such Lahz had put in for that recall signal/program.

Than Erg sends that signal to their barge to recall the ship back to that drop point.
Radio Basic 86% Rolled: 1d100:
94
:(
(Added: If Erg knows he failed .. He will keep trying and soon ~20 Seconds ask Lahz for help .. If needed/applicable JIC% .. if not asking Lahz "Lahz I need help getting your recall command to work.")

Looking at where the Russian barges are , and where the other Russians are going .. Erg considers where that 'drop point' is in relation to the Russians and this Spore.

Erg is nervous about the approaching Russians and such .. but is also curious how Carl is going to handle this .. Does Carl try to get in and out without directly engaging all those cyborgs ? .. or will he want to thin them out a bit with all the missiles loaded and ready on our barge?

If he has time .. with soo many (18) cyborgs coming in .. Erg will double up a bit on protection .. Casting Energy Field (Lv4=1 action) around himself .. as he's standing on the air (via Updraft shoes) it's a bubble around him (60MDC , if ley line available and within the ~1 mile 120MDC) (-10PPE) ... Erg uses the Force Field part of his MA2 as the tech focus item for the casting.

If needed Dodge behind cover:
1d20+2 = 3:
1
Nat 1 :(
1d20+2 = 12:
10

1d20+2 = 6:
4

1d20+2 = 13:
11
Erg Flux
Status
HP(34) .. SDC(20) .. ISP(58) .. PPE(144/144) .. Sustain Sleep2Hr/day no eat,drink,breath (7d)
•On Person Gear, Utility Belt, Miniature PPE(180) Battery Regen10/hr , Updraft TW Shoes 8PPE 30m 50Spd
•(VS)VehicleStopper 300ft 6d6MD+KnockBack Amo1 (1reload take 4 actions)
•MiserShard 2d6MDC/SDC , Wielder heals damage dealt PFWE-p.156 , Damage Doesn't Heal Normally PFWE-p.156
•MDC Executive Business Suit Coat MDC 8 Mods: Naruni Forcefield 160MDC 12hrs regen4/min , TW Energy Conversion Field 10PPE 14min
•MDC Executive Slacks MDC 3 Dimensional Pockets : FR 41 norm VS Rounds , FL VS itself & 10 TW enhanced VS Rounds additional 9ft radius +7d4 fireball
•WingBoard Crescent 5PPE 60MPH (120leyline) VTOL 160MDC Bonuses: +2Int, +3d , +1s, +20% Piloting Skill Checks
User avatar
Erg
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 359
Joined: Sun Apr 06, 2014 2:21 am
Location: Rifts Earth: Spook Squad Bound

Re: Crimean Wolves #2: This is Crimea

Postby Echo » Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:22 am

Perception: 1d20:
15
+ 3 = 18
JiC: 1d20:
13
//1d100:
88


Dice Rolls
Prowl: 1d100:
49
/58% (+5% + 10%) = 73%
Concealment: 1d100:
4
(Crit)
/45% (+10) = 55%
Tracking, Humanoids: 1d100:
34
/68%
Detect Concealment: 1d100:
13
/53%
Surveillance: 1d100:
45
/68%


Echo watches in amusement as the Russian is felled by his own allies missiles. I wonder if one of our techies had something to do with that; some amazing skills they've got if so. Either that or really shit aim on the Russians part. Either way, one less Russian to worry about. Echo thinks to himself after arriving to the spore.
.
While Whisper, Carl and Vheld focus more on the spore, Echo catches the movement in his eyes and levels his rifle in their direction. "Spooks, we've got three fast movers closing in, 20 seconds, moving on winged boards of some form. Hiding in the landscape, I am lining up a shot." Echo states and readies his rifle, narrowing his eyes and moving off to the side of the spore near the closest cover from their approach, he takes a knee and waits for his shot.

Attack Rolls
Same as before, Echo will line up 3 well aimed shots on the heads of the movers, he will rely on his concealment and active force field to offer him protection.
APM: 8
Initiative: 1d20:
16
+ 9 = 25
Strike: 1d20+10 = 19:
9
(3 Actions)// 1d20+9 = 23:
14
(2 Actions) // 1d20+9 = 21:
12
(2 Actions)
Damage: (2d4*10)+20 = 80:
4, 2
// (2d4*10)+20 = 90:
4, 3
// (2d4*10)+20 = 90:
4, 3


After this, he will reload his weapon using his last action.
Echo, Professional Sharpshooter and Assassin
Character Details
H.P.: 54/54 | S.D.C.: 62/62

Constant Conditions: Multi-optic Eye (+1 Strike) | Amplified Hearing and Sound Filtration (+1 Parry/+2 Dodge/+3 Initiative)

Weapons: NE-75H Shoulder Cannon | Range: Laser: 6000' Heavy, 4000' Light| Damage: 2d4x10+20MD Heavy, 1d4x10+10 Light | RoF: Single Shot, Equal to H2H APM | Payload: Heavy E-Clip 8/8, Light E-Clip 20/20 | Bonuses: +1 to Strike on an aimed or called shot

Drones: DV-39 Wolf Pack Robot Drone: N-F50A Force Field: 160/160 | Head: 90/90| Front Legs: R: 95/95 L: 95/95| Back Legs: L: 95/95 R: 95/95| Main Body: 200/200

Armor: Silent Shadow Power Armor: N-F50A Force Field: 160/160 | Head: 80/80| Arms: R: 60/60 L: 60/60| Legs: L: 80/80 R: 80/80| Main Body: 190/190| Wings: R: 32/32 L: 32/32
NE-CW20 Camo Variable Armor: N-F50A Force Field: 160/160 | Helmet: 40/40| Arms: R: 20/20 L: 20/20| Legs: L: 30/30 R: 30/30| Main Body: 80/80| Features: Changes color to match environment (1d4 melees), Masks infared and thermal (21% Chance to be detected by such devices), -20% to be detected by other means, Naruni Psionic Dampener (+2 v Psi, +1 v Possession), Preset Encrypted Spooks Frequencies
Branaghan Overcoat: Arms: L: 8/8 R: 8/8 | Legs: R: 12/12 L: 12/12 | Main Body: 28/28 | -5% to all physical skills
Camouflage, Stealth Ghillie Suit: +10 Prowl/Blend, Invisible outside of 200' from Thermal/Infared, -30% check if within 200' to spot.

Talking to LynX mentally/internally. (0040FF)
Lynx Responding mentally/internally. (8000FF)
Doppler speaking/responding mentally, internally. (FF0000)
User avatar
Echo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 207
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:08 pm
Location: Rifts PC (Spook Squad)

Re: Crimean Wolves #2: This is Crimea

Postby Vheld » Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:11 am

JIC: 1d20:
11
, 1d100:
55

PER: 1d20+7 = 25:
18


Conditions: Fly as the Eagle (428m15s remaining, +1p, +2d in flight), Invincible Armor (Brokswa/Sshir: 65m15s remaining, Vheld/Bel'Dar: 78m00s remaining, 225/225 MDC, 1/2 damage from energy, -15% to physical skills, fully environmental, regen 1d6 MDC/melee), Nexus Proximity (3x spell range, duration, damage; can draw 20 PPE/melee; +2 save vs. magic/HF; +1 spell strength (opponents now need 17+ to save vs. Vheld's magic), Impervious to energy (Vheld/Brokswa; 54m00s remaining)), Chromatic protection (Vheld/Brokswa; 27m00s remaining, failed save = blind, -10s/p/d, -4I for 1d4*3 melees, half duration for lesser supernatural)

Vheld scowls when he realizes that his mount won't fit into the downed spore, but realizes that someone has to go in after their target and he is likely the best choice. He sets Bel'Dar down near the spore's entrance and waits for his minions and the rest of the team to catch up. While they wait, Vheld eyes the approaching Russian forces and turns to Sshir. "Do something about that." Realizing that Whisper is still airborne, Vheld gets on the team radio frequency "Tarot, I suggest you land. Now."

Frustrated at having missed nearly all of the action up to this point, the Ice Wraith hisses its delight at finally being given license to start some mayhem. Calling on the power of the ley line nexus (and his own energy sphere, carried for days now), Sshir casts summon storm ((-100 PPE)).

Storm Conditions
OOC Comments
- Affects 15 mile area for 7.5 hours.
- Torrential downpour of 4 inches of rain per hour, causing flooding.
- Flooded roads immobilize all ground vehicles.
- Poor visibility slows travel by half.
- Winds gust up to 35MPH, hail does 1d6SDC to buildings, trees, etc. once every half-hour.
- People are drenched in two melees.
- At sea storm can lash up waves of 6-8 feet.
- Note: Aside from area of effect and duration, does not account for possible boosts from the nexus.


If the storm completely halts the Russian advance, Vheld will suggest that as much of the team as possible head inside the spore to confront Voidveil and/or Chaz-Amych. Assuming the Russians are merely delayed, however, Vheld will turn to Carl for another tactical huddle.

"We should leave a rearguard in case the Russians attack. Most of my minions are too large to fit inside and will remain here- Sshir's elemental magic should be able to delay them a little more, but we'll need a quick strike team to get inside and get our bounty because I doubt they can give us more than a couple minutes."

Heedless of the storm's burgeoning fury, Vheld orders Brokswa to accompany him and his other three minions to remain outside and obey whomever Carl places in command of the rearguard. The shifter will also add, "Your priority is to delay the Russian advance. Attack them directly only if they fire at you first or if so commanded. If you can, try to manipulate them into attacking one another. There is a rivalry between the warlords here that we may yet be able to exploit."

While the rest of the team completes its preparations, Vheld will take the opportunity to draw upon the nexus' power and recast a few more buffs on himself and Brokswa (specifically impervious to energy and chromatic protection, -40 PPE)). Finally, Vheld will drain his current energy sphere completely (overcharging for a few minutes), retrieve two more from the sacks tied to Bel'Dar, and stand impatiently at the entrance to the spore (if the rest of the team isn't yet ready by then).
Leave me alone.
Spell Strength +5 (victims need 17 or better to save vs. Vheld's incantations)
Automatically sense Vampires (1000 ft/100% chance to recognize on sight), Rifts (550 miles), and Ley Lines (85%, 100 miles; +10% for nexuses); Sustained (8d remaining)
PPE: 329/329 (Vheld), 83/83 (Sil), 200/200 (Slithn). ISP: 90/90 (Medallion), 230/230 (Slithn).
Talismans: 2/3 on Vheld IA; 2/3 on Sil IA and FatE; 2/3 on Sshir, IA
Weapon in Hand- TW Storm Staff.
User avatar
Vheld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 481
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:36 am
Location: Rifts PC (The Spook Squad)

Re: Crimean Wolves #2: This is Crimea

Postby Whisper » Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:29 pm

Perception: 1d20+2 = 18:
16

Just in Case d20: 1d20:
8
;JIC d100: 1d100:
28


Lily looks at her handiwork as the spore oozes 'stuff'. "Gross."

Vheld wrote:"Tarot, I suggest you land. Now."

"Yeah, yeah.", Whisper lands her suit and tries to angle for a shot on some of the wingboards to shoot at them (unless ordered otherwise).

I could've taken that scout out a long time ago but no, I don't even get to do that.

Initiative 1d20+5 = 10:
5

# of Actions: 8

Action 1: land Mecha-knight
Action 2: shoot the nearest baddie: strike 1d20+4 = 12:
8
, damage 2d4*10 = 80:
4, 4

Action 3: shoot the nearest baddie: strike 1d20+4 = 12:
8
, damage 2d4*10 = 50:
1, 4

Action 4: shoot the nearest baddie: strike 1d20+4 = 16:
12
, damage 2d4*10 = 40:
3, 1

Action 5: shoot the nearest baddie: strike 1d20+4 = 17:
13
, damage 2d4*10 = 50:
2, 3

Action 6: shoot the nearest baddie: strike 1d20+4 = 6:
2
, damage 2d4*10 = 50:
1, 4

Action 7: shoot the nearest baddie: strike 1d20+4 = 11:
7
, damage 2d4*10 = 30:
2, 1

Action 8: shoot the nearest baddie: strike 1d20+4 = 15:
11
, damage 2d4*10 = 40:
3, 1


auto dodge rolls: 1d20+4 = 17:
13
, 1d20+4 = 15:
11
, 1d20+4 = 22:
18
, 1d20+4 = 16:
12
, 1d20+4 = 14:
10
, 1d20+4 = 10:
6
, 1d20+4 = 11:
7
, 1d20+4 = 22:
18
Whisper
H.P.: 32/32
S.D.C.: 50/50

Mecha-Knight main body 400/400
Forcefield 160/160
User avatar
Whisper
 
Posts: 221
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:00 am

Re: Crimean Wolves #2: This is Crimea

Postby Carl » Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:36 pm

Perception: 1d20+7 = 22:
15

JIC D20:1d20:
12
; D100: 1d100:
6


Condition: Activated: Motion Detector (40ft);Amplified Hearing (range 360ft) +3 init; Sound Suppression System; Enchanted Earring: Protection against all types of Fire (including magical); Telescopic (4-8x30 magnification, range 6000ft); (Sunglasses)Impervious to Energy talisman, 1 use remaining (lv5) Not activated: Thermal Imaging (range 3000ft); Armband: Time Slip talisman, 3 uses remaining, (lvl 5); Enchanted Earring - Casts Invisibility: Simple (4x/day (3 remaining), 15 min duration)

Echo wrote:"Spooks, we've got three fast movers closing in, 20 seconds, moving on winged boards of some form. Hiding in the landscape, I am lining up a shot." Echo states and readies his rifle, narrowing his eyes and moving off to the side of the spore near the closest cover from their approach, he takes a knee and waits for his shot.

*Great! More uninvited guests.* "OK, from this point on, consider anyone not on the team as hostile, I would rather no fight them, but it if comes to them and our prize, send them to oblivion."
Vheld wrote:Heedless of the storm's burgeoning fury, Vheld orders Brokswa to accompany him and his other three minions to remain outside and obey whomever Carl places in command of the rearguard. The shifter will also add, "Your priority is to delay the Russian advance. Attack them directly only if they fire at you first or if so commanded. If you can, try to manipulate them into attacking one another. There is a rivalry between the warlords here that we may yet be able to exploit."

"Ace you are in charge of the rearguard, use Vheld's minions and the ship to keep everyone at bay as long as you can. If you can do as Vheld suggested to his minions and make them fight each other that would be great, but under no circumstance should you let them near the spore without suffering mightily for it."
SNAFU wrote:[19:50:15: Carl, Vheld, Echo arrive at the Spore. They see an obvious entry point, but no signs of life, in or around the giant globule. The entrance does not allow for entry by anything over 8' tall and 4' wide.

"Tarot and Jack, the two of you are with Ace, follow his lead. Just buy us some time. You, (looking Vinograd and Echo) are with us. Time to go into the lion's den." *I hate going into the lion's den*

Carl waits until Vheld is ready and allows one of Vheld's minions to go in first and waits until it is half way down the spiral corridor before following.
Carl
Constant Effects
MDC: Main Body200/200;
Amplified Hearing (range 360ft) +3 init;
Armor: Shadow Armor
• Attackers are -5 to strike the wearer in darkness
• M.D.C: Main body 400/400
Force Field: N-F50A Superheavy 160/160
Weapon in Hand: Duel Concealed Palm Energy Generators - Particle Beams:
☞ Mega-Damage: 5d6 MD per single blast, a duel simultaneous blast inflicts 1d6x10 MD
Weapons: Duel Rune-Daisho Swords (hilts have wrist straps to secure them when used)
☞ The power of the Battle Fury can be summoned by the wielder of these swords. Both swords must be present for the power to work. (3 times per 24 hours))
☞ Katana: 5D6 S.D.C./H.P. to mortal foes, 5d6 M.D. to M.D.C. foes and 8D6 M.D. to supernatural beings.
☞ Wakazashi: 3D6 S.D.C./H.P. to mortal foes, 3d6 M.D. to M.D.C. foes and 5D6 M.D. to supernatural beings. (Can cure wounds and bestow 5d6 HP and 5d6 sdc (or 4d6 mdc) at the same time (3 times per 24 hours))
Flight: Jet Pack[/size]
User avatar
Carl
 
Posts: 677
Joined: Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:09 pm
Location: Rifts PC (The Spook Squad)

Re: Crimean Wolves #2: This is Crimea

Postby Lahz » Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:58 pm

Perception [+2]: 1d20+2 = 17:
15
[+3 involving Electronics or Machines]
JiC D20: 1d20:
20

JiC D100: 1d100:
80


Conditions: Telemechanics (0 ISP, Constant, 5ft, 96%), Mind-block Auto-Defense (0 ISP, Automatic), Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy (1600ft if using magical or psionic powers, 600ft if NOT using powers), Radiate Nature [Uneasy/Cautious/Angry], Marauder PA Link, Force Field [ 160/160 MD ]

Telemechanics [96%]: 1d100:
11


**Ace handle a Rearguard he says ...** the Telemechanic looks over the 18 incoming Hover-Barges that polka-dot his Radar HUD as a deluge begins to open up, **are you Fragging Kidding me?!?! ....** However some mix of his mechanical bent and professionalism overcomes the near-panic, **Work the problem. The rain is going to foul Radar in very very frakking short order. If I want to put missiles into those Barges, it'll have to be now. Can't hold back to save the last of the Demon-Missiles. Those have to get launched because they still rely on a mechanical delivery system that'll be risky as a 3-credit-whore in about ... a minute.**

The Psi-Tech taps his radio live, "Roger that. Demon missiles inbound before the monsoon makes that impossible ... You remember we have a damn Boat, not a Hover Barge right? Ours isn't coming back over land like these are ... Tarot, Jack, suppression fire on anything that actually gets near or targets us ...". He taps an HUD button that activates his turrets in automated-defense mode so that they can shoot down any incoming missiles, hits [RECALL] on the Boat, and then proceeds to locate, target, and launch the last dozen of his Hell Fury Warheads at the closest Barges, silently grateful that the Demons' instincts to wreak havoc will be hopefully useful and sufficient to call flying Borgs back to assist ...

Pilot: Robots & Power Armor [94+10% ('Merged') 104%]: 1d100:
14

Read Sensory Equipment [78+10% ('Merged') 88%]: 1d100:
58


APM (Merged): 9
Initiative [+2]: 1d20+2 = 16:
14


1 -- Activate Turrets in Defense Mode
2 -- RECALL Signal to Boat
3 -- Send remote coordinates for Boat Missile Volley [2 Demon Missiles] on Barge 1 1d20+6 = 18:
12
, 4d6*10 = 140:
3, 3, 2, 6
Missile Damage + 4 Plasma Demon Payload
4 -- Send remote coordinates for Boat Missile Volley [2 Demon Missiles] on Barge 2 1d20+6 = 21:
15
, 4d6*10 = 170:
4, 3, 4, 6
Missile Damage + 4 Plasma Demon Payload
5 -- Send remote coordinates for Boat Missile Volley [2 Demon Missiles] on Barge 3 1d20+6 = 7:
1
, 4d6*10 = 70:
1, 4, 1, 1
Missile Damage + 4 Plasma Demon Payload
6 -- Send remote coordinates for Boat Missile Volley [2 Demon Missiles] on Barge 4 1d20+6 = 20:
14
, 4d6*10 = 140:
1, 4, 5, 4
Missile Damage + 4 Plasma Demon Payload
7 -- Send remote coordinates for Boat Missile Volley [2 Demon Missiles] on Barge 5 1d20+6 = 7:
1
, 4d6*10 = 130:
5, 3, 2, 3
Missile Damage + 4 Plasma Demon Payload
8 -- Send remote coordinates for Boat Missile Volley [2 Demon Missiles] on Barge 6 1d20+6 = 17:
11
, 4d6*10 = 60:
1, 2, 1, 2
Missile Damage + 4 Plasma Demon Payload
9 -- Send remote coordinates for Boat Missile Volley [Standard PLASMA LRM (missiles)] on Barge 7 1d20+6 = 20:
14
, 8d6*10 = 350:
3, 3, 5, 6, 1, 5, 6, 6
Missile Damage to 40ft Radius

Ordinance Tracking
Assuming all missiles are fired, this will use ALL of our 12 Hell-Fury Missiles, and 2 of the remaining missiles (we have 64 capacity in these launchers), so that will be 50 Plasma LRMs left.

Missile.Defense.via.Turrets
[dice]1d20+[/dice] // 4d6:
1, 1, 5, 2
MD
[dice]1d20+[/dice] // 4d6:
2, 4, 5, 1
MD
[dice]1d20+[/dice] // 4d6:
3, 5, 2, 1
MD
[dice]1d20+[/dice] // 4d6:
3, 1, 5, 6
MD
[dice]1d20+[/dice] // 4d6:
6, 5, 5, 6
MD
[dice]1d20+[/dice] // 4d6:
6, 4, 3, 5
MD
[dice]1d20+[/dice] // 4d6:
1, 2, 3, 3
MD
[dice]1d20+[/dice] // 4d6:
5, 2, 4, 4
MD
Lahz D'Gemmel
OOC Comments
ISP: 191/191
PPE: 22/22
HP: 32/32
SDC: 26/26

Worn:
NG RA5 Arrow Ride Armor
MD by Loc: Helmet: 35/35, Main Body: 30/30
Arms: [L] 14/14 . [R] 14/14 & Legs: [L] 18/18 . [R] 18/18

N-F50A Superheavy Force Field - Not Active
M.D.C.: 160/160

Weapons: Wilk's 325 "Mariner" Pulse Pistol 2D8 MD or 4D8 MD, 900'

Other: Drone Command Gauntlet (NG2 pg 245) [Left Forearm, 10 MD, 5 Mile Wireless Range], Vibro-Knife [1d6 MD], Laser Eavesdropping Device, Multitool, Talismans from Vheld (several)

Accompanied by Ray the Droid (( NG-B50 ‘Thunderer’ BigBore Combat Hammer, Wilks Laser Sword & NG-SE9 Sharpshooter ))
User avatar
Lahz
Group Leader
 
Posts: 407
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:38 am
Location: Rifts: Spook Squad

Re: Crimean Wolves #2: This is Crimea

Postby Vinograd » Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:11 pm

Perception: 1d20+1 = 12:
11

Just in Case: 1d20:
6
/1d100:
30

Conditions: Metamorphisis (Smaller Dragon; 1/4 of Vino's normal size)
Nightvision: 200 feet.
See the Invisible always active
Shadow Meld at will (as per spell 20 minute duration)

Language: American 1d100:
99
/52% Fail


Carl wrote:You, (looking Vinograd and Echo) are with us. Time to go into the lion's den."


Vino nods. "Da." No that's not right. [Dragonese/Elven]"I shall go in with you. Vino says finally willing himself quite a bit smaller, Vino follows Vhelds minion in. I wonder what's inside here. Vino chuckles at the thought of being a predator going into a gopher hole. As Vino approaches the opening he melds into the surrounding shadows to make himself nearly invisible.
Vinograd
"We are a product of our upbringing, not of our genetics." Vinograd
M.D.C.: 422/422
P.P.E.: 129/129
I.S.P.: 88/88
User avatar
Vinograd
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 82
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:23 pm
Location: Spook Squad PC

Re: Crimean Wolves #2: This is Crimea

Postby SNAFU » Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:32 pm

Conditions wrote:TIME & DATE: 19:52,
CLIMATE: Ice Storm!!!
VISIBILITY: Ice Storm!!!
TERRAIN: rocky, barren, wasteland, no vegetation
LOCATION : The western Crimean Highlands, 3 miles from the coast.
LEY LINE: Almost on top of a Nexus.


Into the Spore

Brokswa and/or Vinograd (who is unseen in the shadow) take the lead. The going is slow, the Spore's interior and exterior surface is now covered in several inches worth of sticky black goo. It drips down from the ceiling clinging the skin, clothing or armor of the Spooks, flying or walking alike, beneath and from the floor it clings to the walkers' feet and incrementally adds weight as they progress.

They are obviously travelling into the interior of a spiral-shaped structure. After a full-concentric loop they begin to encounter cell-like enclosures along the walls. Everyone can see they are clearly meant to imprison and incapacitate the occupant. Judging from the design it is likely also a means of extracting P.P.E. as those knowledgeable in such matters will realize.

Some of the Cells are empty and smashed open from within but most are filled with dead beings of one type or another, all exotic to some degree. One cell sticks out in particular as it contains a living person, a beautiful human woman by the looks of it, desperately trying to get their attention as they pass...

This Is Crimea, Huh? The Brochure Made It Look Different

The first ticket out of South America was to the Mediterranean. What a gas! That was where Minerva's namesake was from, Goddess of this or that for the Greeks or somebody. Sure, the outfit offering the ride was suspect, but the chance seemed too fated to pass up. Sure, en route it became obvious the group were likely involved in slavery. Sure, they changed the destination last minute to some place called Crimea in the Black Sea. Greeks lived there too she was told while being shown pictures of pretty landscapes. Sure, when the locals learned her name they kidnapped her. But the thing that got her steamed up the most is that they laughed at her. Wrong Minerva they said. Then they threw her into a blob of darkness and she ended up being leached for her Inner Strength! The leaching caused a stupor which she did not awake from until the entire place seemed to collapse and begin to melt, the leaching stopped but her mouth and limbs still restrained. A few moments after she wakes she sees a group of men, one rather demonic looking, and the other three shady a.f. in black robes or black gear respectively...

Hell Hath No Fury Like Three Demons, Two Headhunters & a Cautious Elf Being Observed By a Technowizard

A great and ferocious storm begins to form in the sky. Lahz adjusts the Missiles and Boat trajectories. Erg has time to get to the Boats landing spot if he chooses.

5 of 7 barges are struck directly by Lahz'z volleys. 2 manage to shoot down some of the missiles directed their way. The initial carnage is impressive enough but of course the true glory is brought by a platoon of Plasma Demons.

The slower, rear barges keep forward until they can engage the demons then come to a halt.
The ice storm is in full effect.

The men on wing boards are grounded about a kilometer away. They are inching closer on foot, moving from cover to cover. Whisper fires upon them, killing one outright. 5 remain.

A Volley of 6 LRM is fired from the cluster of barges . One is destined for the Boat but is disrupted by the storm and mostly goes wide or is shot down by the barge itself.

A second volley of 6 is then fired on the Spooks current position in a wide pattern. It manages to get through the storm. Shooting missiles is required to mitigate the damage.

Whatchado?
SNAFU
 

Re: Crimean Wolves #2: This is Crimea

Postby Vheld » Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:46 am

JIC: 1d20:
14
, 1d100:
65

PER: 1d20+7 = 27:
20


Lore: Demons and Monsters- 1d100:
66
vs. 94%
Lore: Magic- 1d100:
90
vs. 89%
Lore: Faeries and Creatures of Magic- 1d100:
89
vs. 89%
Lore: Psychics and Psionics- 1d100:
12
vs. 89%
Lore: D-Bee- 1d100:
64
vs. 59%
All to identify the various bodies/means of escape in the cells, for any clues about what they might have been doing here and/or where their targets might be.

Vheld Conditions
- Fly as the Eagle (426m15s remaining, +1p, +2d in flight).
- Invincible Armor (Brokswa/Sshir: 63m15s remaining, Vheld/Bel'Dar: 76m00s remaining, 225/225 MDC, 1/2 damage from energy, -15% to physical skills, fully environmental, regen 1d6 MDC/melee).
- Nexus Proximity (3x spell range, duration, damage; can draw 20 PPE/melee; +2 save vs. magic/HF; +1 spell strength (opponents now need 17+ to save vs. Vheld's magic).
- Impervious to energy (Vheld/Brokswa; 52m00s remaining).
- Chromatic protection (Vheld/Brokswa; 25m00s remaining, failed save = blind, -10s/p/d, -4I for 1d4*3 melees, half duration for lesser supernatural).
- Charismatic Aura (40m30s remaining; Friendship/Trust invoked, Vheld gets +8 to PB, affects 180ft. radius).
- Overcharged PPE (22m00s remaining).

Storm Conditions
- Affects 15 mile area for 7.5 hours.
- Torrential downpour of 4 inches of rain per hour, causing flooding.
- Flooded roads immobilize all ground vehicles.
- Poor visibility slows travel by half.
- Winds gust up to 35MPH, hail does 1d6SDC to buildings, trees, etc. once every half-hour.
- People are drenched in two melees.
- At sea storm can lash up waves of 6-8 feet.
- Note: Aside from area of effect and duration, does not account for possible boosts from the nexus.


Vheld eyes the black goo covering, well, everything with distaste, and uses his flight spell to hover a couple inches above the ground to stay out of it. Hades knows what that stuff is. Best to cleanse it before we leave this place.

Eager to find their targets and get out of this blasted hellscape, Vheld will follow closely behind Brokswa and Vino. Vheld's dislike of the cramped quarters will only intensify as they continue down- he's not exactly a close combat fighter, and the lack of room to maneuver has him fingering his invincible armor talisman absently. He will, however, pause when they come upon cells designed to imprison and extract PPE- examining one that is empty with fascination, horror, and perhaps a little envy all mixed together.

Vheld will also take note of the bodies within, in particular any that are unlikely to be local. He doesn't expect much, but given that the going is slow anyway he'll spare a few moments here and there to examine the bodies for anything that might be useful. When they come upon an actual, living prisoner however the shifter quietly draws PPE from the nexus and murmurs a spell of charismatic aura on himself. If she's a prisoner, she's unlikely to be working with our enemies and may prove useful.

Barring any objections from Carl, Vheld will then take the lead in approaching her. "Who are you, and how did you come to be in this place?" Assuming a satisfactory answer, Vheld turns to Brokswa and commands "Open the cell." Once that's done, he faces the woman again and says, "We have business with the beings who created this abomination. Do you know anything about the rest of this interior that might help us?"

Outside, Vheld's minions won't do anything unless ordered to, thoroughly enjoying the mortals' frantic efforts to stop the missile barrage. Should the rest of the team fail, however, the minions will take matters into their own hands. Specifically, Slithn will fly forward to intercept the volley and attempt to use telekinesis (Need GM ruling on how much ISP that would cost) to slam one of the missiles into one of the others (ideally detonating the entire volley). If for whatever reason even Slithn's efforts aren't completely successful, Sshir will conjure a wall of ice to protect the party (-20 PPE; not deducted).
Leave me alone.
Spell Strength +5 (victims need 17 or better to save vs. Vheld's incantations)
Automatically sense Vampires (1000 ft/100% chance to recognize on sight), Rifts (550 miles), and Ley Lines (85%, 100 miles; +10% for nexuses); Sustained (8d remaining)
PPE: 329/329 (Vheld), 83/83 (Sil), 200/200 (Slithn). ISP: 90/90 (Medallion), 230/230 (Slithn).
Talismans: 2/3 on Vheld IA; 2/3 on Sil IA and FatE; 2/3 on Sshir, IA
Weapon in Hand- TW Storm Staff.
User avatar
Vheld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 481
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:36 am
Location: Rifts PC (The Spook Squad)

Re: Crimean Wolves #2: This is Crimea

Postby Minerva » Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:25 am

Perception: 1d20:
13

JIC: 1d20:
10
/1d100:
61


¿Cómo demonios terminé aquí ?! Voy a matar a esos malditos esclavistas tan pronto como salga de aquí... Mierda, ¿cómo diablos voy a salir de aquí?* This was not Minerva's high point of her trip. After her daring and some might say ruthless escape from the cells of the Cordoban Internal Security Agency, this was assuredly not where she expected to end up. Hehe, le mostré a esos hijos de puta CISA un buen momento.** Having the slavers kidnap her was bad enough, but laughing at her was completely unacceptable and they would pay with their lives when she found them. Even worse, the cell they placed her into was sapping her vast mental capabilities!

Gritaba, pero gritaba durante horas antes de que esta oscuridad me hiciera dormir.*** The pain of having her reserves of natural power drained from her was excruciating as well as humiliating. Just days before, she had been a veritable powerhouse capable of taking on an entire platoon with her bare hands and mind. But letting her guard down around some shady characters got her stuck in this disgusting black gooey mess.

And just when she wasn't sure she could take any more, she sees a few men, as shady as if not more than her captors, approaching her gelatinous cell. With her hands and mouth bound, she finds it difficult to speak, but with the last of her mental strength, she uses her telepathy (-4 ISP) to do something that is generally beneath her, ask for help. Ayúdame. Por favor. Help me. Please. Projecting these thoughts at everyone gathered, she is ecstatic when someone frees her.

Vheld wrote:Barring any objections from Carl, Vheld will then take the lead in approaching her. "Who are you, and how did you come to be in this place?" Assuming a satisfactory answer, Vheld turns to Brokswa and commands "Open the cell." Once that's done, he faces the woman again and says, "We have business with the beings who created this abomination. Do you know anything about the rest of this interior that might help us?"


Me llamo Minerva. Soy un prisionero de ... Mierda. No me entiendes, ¿verdad?****My name is Minerva. I was caught off guard and kidnapped, thrown into this vile wretched pile of goo that's sapping my strength as we speak. Please, release me so I can find the ones who put me in here and remove their heads with my fingers. I know not of this abomination or the interior, only that it was used to hold me and I refuse to be held. I would assist you in your... business if you so desire.


Translations
*How the fuck did I end up here?! I'm going to kill those goddamn slavers as soon as I get out of here... Shit, how the fuck am I going to get out of here?
**Hehe, I showed those CISA fuckers a good time.
***I would scream, but I screamed for hours already before this darkness put me to sleep.
****My name is Minerva. I am a prisoner of... Shit. You don't understand me, do you?
Grace Minerva
Ledger

  • I.S.P.: 390
  • H.P.: 109
  • S.D.C.: 177
  • M.D.C.: 286 (during Supernatural Transformation)

Image
User avatar
Minerva
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 157
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:55 pm

Re: Crimean Wolves #2: This is Crimea

Postby Echo » Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:03 am

Perception: 1d20:
14
+3=17
JiC: 1d100:
100
// 1d20:
5

Dice Rolls and Conditions
Surveillance - 1d100:
7
/68%
Detect Ambush - 1d100:
33
/63%
Intelligence - 1d100:
9
/62%
Trap/Mine Detection - 1d100:
28
/58%
Tracking: Humanoids - 1d100:
42
/68%
Tracking: Animals - 1d100:
31
/53%
Streetwise - 1d100:
10
/50%
Prowl - 1d100:
70
/(58% +5 +10 = 73%)
Recognize Sounds and Voices - 1d100:
28
/53%

Armor color change to match environment == 1d4:
1
melees = 15seconds
-50% to be detected (20% from armor, 30% from ghillie suit)



Echo's internal switch changes immediately and the assassin darts to a side, his focus on remaining as unseen and vigilant as possible. He will follow further behind or lead further ahead of the group (depending) inside the spore to provide an oversight. His keen eyes taking in every detail as best it can be. The black goo meaning next to nothing to the assassin once he realizes it does not damage his armor or ghillie suit, he will brush off what he can as he moves and will shed his exterior ghillie suit if needed, which is collecting all of the goo currently.

The interior reminds him of a demonic or dark prison. He had never been so lucky to see one up close but the assassin is unmoved by the issues -- taking the interior in stride as he moves past the bodies. His magical knowledge is inconsequential so those implications remain lost on him.

When he spots the living humanoid female and hears an unfamiliar voice in his head, he darts to the side and raises his weapon towards the cell's direction and examines her with a calculated precision behind his visor. Once Vheld engages her in conversation, he will turn his weapon towards the route they just came, or any other route that may have seen recent traffic.

"I am moving up, Deuce, Joker, I will radio if I see anything." The assassin states, not being in a position of authority to deal with the new individual. He will practically ignore the woman's presence until she becomes a threat, liability or ally. Right now, in his eyes, she was closer to a liability with unknown motives.

Echo will move ahead and use his amplified hearing to listen to everything he can, to include the conversation with the new one. He will not engage anything he sees and will dart away if he thinks anything might be coming his way.
Echo, Professional Sharpshooter and Assassin
Character Details
H.P.: 54/54 | S.D.C.: 62/62

Constant Conditions: Multi-optic Eye (+1 Strike) | Amplified Hearing and Sound Filtration (+1 Parry/+2 Dodge/+3 Initiative)

Weapons: NE-75H Shoulder Cannon | Range: Laser: 6000' Heavy, 4000' Light| Damage: 2d4x10+20MD Heavy, 1d4x10+10 Light | RoF: Single Shot, Equal to H2H APM | Payload: Heavy E-Clip 8/8, Light E-Clip 20/20 | Bonuses: +1 to Strike on an aimed or called shot

Drones: DV-39 Wolf Pack Robot Drone: N-F50A Force Field: 160/160 | Head: 90/90| Front Legs: R: 95/95 L: 95/95| Back Legs: L: 95/95 R: 95/95| Main Body: 200/200

Armor: Silent Shadow Power Armor: N-F50A Force Field: 160/160 | Head: 80/80| Arms: R: 60/60 L: 60/60| Legs: L: 80/80 R: 80/80| Main Body: 190/190| Wings: R: 32/32 L: 32/32
NE-CW20 Camo Variable Armor: N-F50A Force Field: 160/160 | Helmet: 40/40| Arms: R: 20/20 L: 20/20| Legs: L: 30/30 R: 30/30| Main Body: 80/80| Features: Changes color to match environment (1d4 melees), Masks infared and thermal (21% Chance to be detected by such devices), -20% to be detected by other means, Naruni Psionic Dampener (+2 v Psi, +1 v Possession), Preset Encrypted Spooks Frequencies
Branaghan Overcoat: Arms: L: 8/8 R: 8/8 | Legs: R: 12/12 L: 12/12 | Main Body: 28/28 | -5% to all physical skills
Camouflage, Stealth Ghillie Suit: +10 Prowl/Blend, Invisible outside of 200' from Thermal/Infared, -30% check if within 200' to spot.

Talking to LynX mentally/internally. (0040FF)
Lynx Responding mentally/internally. (8000FF)
Doppler speaking/responding mentally, internally. (FF0000)
User avatar
Echo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 207
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:08 pm
Location: Rifts PC (Spook Squad)

Re: Crimean Wolves #2: This is Crimea

Postby Whisper » Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:59 am

Perception: 1d20+2 = 7:
5

Just in Case d20: 1d20:
6
;JIC d100: 1d100:
86


"Oh. Fuck.", Whisper mutters to herself. A volley of missiles could really ruin someone's day. I'm not dying in some godforsaken country.

She starts shooting at them with her particle beam cannon first, then her shoulder lasers when the missiles get closer (if she has the time), then her grenade launcher.

If/when the missiles hit, she blocks her body with her shield and rolls with the impact.

Initiative: 1d20+5 = 7:
2

# of Actions: 8

Action 1-2: shoot an aimed shot at the missiles with particle beam rifle strike 1d20+7 = 13:
6
damage 2d4*10 = 70:
3, 4

Action 3-4: fire an aimed shot with shoulder lasers at the volley, strike 1d20+7 = 14:
7
damage 2d6:
5, 1

Action 5-6: launch an aimed grenade shot at the missile volley, strike 1d20+7 = 27:
20
damage 4d6:
5, 3, 4, 4

Action 7: roll with punch/fall/impact 1d20+15 = 29:
14

Action 8: shoot an enemy with particle beam rifle strike 1d20+7 = 10:
3
damage 2d4*10 = 60:
2, 4


contingency: if the missiles hit sooner, Whisper will instead use any remaining actions to keep firing on the enemy and attempt to auto-dodge return fire
strike 1d20+7 = 14:
7
damage 2d4*10 = 60:
2, 4

strike 1d20+7 = 26:
19
damage 2d4*10 = 70:
4, 3

strike 1d20+7 = 12:
5
damage 2d4*10 = 50:
2, 3

strike 1d20+7 = 13:
6
damage 2d4*10 = 60:
3, 3


auto-dodge 1d20+4 = 6:
2
, auto-dodge 1d20+4 = 18:
14
, auto-dodge 1d20+4 = 22:
18
, auto-dodge 1d20+4 = 7:
3
, auto-dodge 1d20+4 = 8:
4
, auto-dodge 1d20+4 = 5:
1
, auto-dodge 1d20+4 = 22:
18
, auto-dodge 1d20+4 = 19:
15
Whisper
H.P.: 32/32
S.D.C.: 50/50

Mecha-Knight main body 400/400
Forcefield 160/160
User avatar
Whisper
 
Posts: 221
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:00 am

Re: Crimean Wolves #2: This is Crimea

Postby Lahz » Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:00 am

Perception [+2]: 1d20+2 = 22:
20
[+3 involving Electronics or Machines]
JiC D20: 1d20:
11

JiC D100: 1d100:
62


Conditions: Telemechanics (0 ISP, Constant, 5ft, 96%), Mind-block Auto-Defense (0 ISP, Automatic), Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy (1600ft if using magical or psionic powers, 600ft if NOT using powers), Radiate Nature [Uneasy/Cautious/Angry], Marauder PA Link, Force Field [ 160/160 MD ]

Telemechanics [96%]: 1d100:
38


Inside his Marauder the pit of his stomach drops for half-a-moment and statistics fly through his mind even as his Missile rifle snaps up in what he's fairly sure is a futile gesture, **Average Long Range Missile can attain over 2000mph ... that's 33.33 miles per minute ... .555 miles per second. Adjusting for wind (?) Crap. Crap. Crap. Crap.** The thoughts are flying so quickly they aren't really even separate or coherent, but the Psi-Tech's finger twitches and the rifle spits a full volley of 4 plasma mini-missiles at where he estimates the lead incoming missile will be ... in a mile ... if the wind doesn't frak things up, and if he's lucky.

He fires a 2nd volley at any missile that still seems oncoming, then keys in re-designation of the Barges that avoided havoc from his first wave of missiles. In the event that cyborgs or ... other enemies begin to emerge, Lahz will try to use the terrain to maximize cover and dodge as best he can (or even roll with a punch/impact where applicable) while laying down suppression fire.

APM (Merged): 9
Initiative [+2]: 1d20+2 = 16:
14


1 -- Fire CTT-M20 Missile Rifle [4 Plasma Mini-Missiles] @ incoming Volley (Range 1 Mile) Strike: EP CRIT Damage: 4d6*20 = 280:
3, 1, 5, 5
MD [ Crimea? Crimea!? Cry-Me-A-River-B^tch!!! ]
2 -- Fire CTT-M20 Missile Rifle [2 Plasma Mini-Missiles] @ incoming Volley (if any are still visible) Strike: 1d20+4 = 17:
13
Damage: 2d6*10 = 80:
5, 3
MD
3 -- Fire CTT-M20 Missile Rifle [2 Plasma Mini-Missiles] @ incoming Volley (if any are still visible) Strike: 1d20+4 = 7:
3
Damage: 2d6*10 = 70:
4, 3
MD
4 -- Send remote coordinates for Boat Missile Volley [2 Standard PLASMA LRM (missiles)] on Barge 7 1d20+6 = 21:
15
, 8d6*10 = 270:
3, 4, 5, 2, 2, 1, 4, 6
Missile Damage to 40ft Radius
5 -- Send remote coordinates for Boat Missile Volley [2 Standard PLASMA LRM (missiles)] on other Barge that escaped 1st round 1d20+6 = 12:
6
, 8d6*10 = 290:
3, 4, 3, 4, 6, 4, 4, 1
Missile Damage to 40ft Radius

6-9 Reserved to Dodge or RWP (as applicable):
Dodges [+8]: 1d20+8 = 9:
1
, 1d20+8 = 27:
19
, 1d20+8 = 13:
5
, 1d20+8 = 23:
15

RWP [+4]: 1d20+4 = 7:
3
, 1d20+4 = 22:
18
, 1d20+4 = 15:
11
, 1d20+4 = 8:
4


Missile.Defense.via.Turrets (auto-firing):
1d20+4 = 11:
7
// 4d6:
3, 3, 2, 1
MD
1d20+4 = 20:
16
// 4d6:
2, 1, 2, 1
MD
1d20+4 = 15:
11
// 4d6:
1, 2, 1, 1
MD
1d20+4 = 19:
15
// 4d6:
1, 2, 2, 3
MD
1d20+4 = 15:
11
// 4d6:
1, 6, 1, 1
MD
1d20+4 = 24:
20
// 4d6:
2, 2, 4, 3
MD
1d20+4 = 7:
3
// 4d6:
3, 3, 1, 6
MD
1d20+4 = 12:
8
// 4d6:
6, 2, 4, 3
MD

Missile.Ordinance Tracking
Ship: 50/64 Plasma LRMs
CTT-M20 Missile Rifle: 16/20 (assuming 1 Volley)
Lahz D'Gemmel
OOC Comments
ISP: 191/191
PPE: 22/22
HP: 32/32
SDC: 26/26

Worn:
NG RA5 Arrow Ride Armor
MD by Loc: Helmet: 35/35, Main Body: 30/30
Arms: [L] 14/14 . [R] 14/14 & Legs: [L] 18/18 . [R] 18/18

N-F50A Superheavy Force Field - Not Active
M.D.C.: 160/160

Weapons: Wilk's 325 "Mariner" Pulse Pistol 2D8 MD or 4D8 MD, 900'

Other: Drone Command Gauntlet (NG2 pg 245) [Left Forearm, 10 MD, 5 Mile Wireless Range], Vibro-Knife [1d6 MD], Laser Eavesdropping Device, Multitool, Talismans from Vheld (several)

Accompanied by Ray the Droid (( NG-B50 ‘Thunderer’ BigBore Combat Hammer, Wilks Laser Sword & NG-SE9 Sharpshooter ))
User avatar
Lahz
Group Leader
 
Posts: 407
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:38 am
Location: Rifts: Spook Squad

Re: Crimean Wolves #2: This is Crimea

Postby Erg » Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:22 pm

Perception: 1d20+2 = 18:
16
(Additional +3 Involving Magic , Machines , or their Combination)
JIC: 1d20:
2
, 1d100:
42


Current
Conditions
  • Sustain : 286h 40m 45s: No need Eat, Drink, Breath , Only ~2h sleep per 24 hour period.
  • ETA to Warlord Sokolov's whole island 'purge' : 3h 45m 45s
  • Updraft TW Shoes : 13m Run on Air Max Spd 50 Max Altitude 1,000 ft
  • MA-2 MDC MainBody50 Leg50e Arm45e Head40 : 8m Breath Without Air , Cleanse , Armor of Ithan 50MDC (Fire, Lightning, Cold do 1/2 Dmg)
  • Energy Field Sphere Around Self : 18m Proximity to Nexus 180 MDC
  • Nexus Proximity : 3x spell range, duration, damage , Can Drawl 20 PPE/melee


Erg pulls emotional support and is impressed with how well his fellows are all staying focused , doing what needs done , staying rational , holding it together , etc .. all under such intense/hostile conditions.

Erg stays with the others covering the rear of the team that went inside ..
Lahz wrote:"Tarot, Jack, suppression fire on anything that actually gets near or targets us"
Better here than off by myself.

Peaking out from behind whatever cover is available .. near the others and near the entrance they are covering .. While still inside his magic force field, Erg makes use of the Ley Line Nexus to augment his PPE and spells.

Initiative: 1d20:
16

APM:5

APM: 1 Convert MultiTool Into Weather Meter
I can convert this storm front into an advantage.

APM: 2-3 Using Converted MultiTool-Weather Meter as Tech Focus Item Erg Casts Call Lightning (-15PPE) .. Targeting as Lahz requested .. Suppression fire on anything that gets near or is targeting them .. A Mystic Lightning Bolt will come down out of the storm skies to strike it's target.
Range 300ft x 3Nexus = 900 Feet Range
Damage 1d6 per level x Lv6 = 6d6 (nexus 3x damage) = 18d6:
6, 6, 1, 5, 5, 3, 4, 1, 2, 6, 2, 6, 1, 3, 3, 4, 1, 6
MD
Save : None
BoM-p.111 wrote:"The lightning bolt shoots down from the skies, hitting the desired target."
Reads to me like an automatic hit , doesn't list or offer an option to dodge like some other spells do.

APM: 4-5 Using Converted MultiTool-Weather Meter as Tech Focus Item Erg Casts Call Lightning (-15PPE) .. Targeting as Lahz requested .. Suppression fire on anything that gets near or is targeting them .. A Mystic Lightning Bolt will come down out of the storm skies to strike it's target.
Range 300ft x 3Nexus = 900 Feet Range
Damage 1d6 per level x Lv6 = 6d6 (nexus 3x damage) = 18d6:
5, 1, 5, 3, 3, 1, 3, 6, 2, 1, 4, 5, 4, 1, 4, 5, 1, 2
MD
Save : None
BoM-p.111 wrote:"The lightning bolt shoots down from the skies, hitting the desired target."
Reads to me like an automatic hit , doesn't list or offer an option to dodge like some other spells do.

PPE +20Nexus -15 -15 = -10PPE Melee Total

If Strike Rolls are needed for Call Lightning :
1d20:
6

1d20:
16

+Whatever applicable modifiers are.
Last edited by Erg on Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:40 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Erg Flux
Status
HP(34) .. SDC(20) .. ISP(58) .. PPE(144/144) .. Sustain Sleep2Hr/day no eat,drink,breath (7d)
•On Person Gear, Utility Belt, Miniature PPE(180) Battery Regen10/hr , Updraft TW Shoes 8PPE 30m 50Spd
•(VS)VehicleStopper 300ft 6d6MD+KnockBack Amo1 (1reload take 4 actions)
•MiserShard 2d6MDC/SDC , Wielder heals damage dealt PFWE-p.156 , Damage Doesn't Heal Normally PFWE-p.156
•MDC Executive Business Suit Coat MDC 8 Mods: Naruni Forcefield 160MDC 12hrs regen4/min , TW Energy Conversion Field 10PPE 14min
•MDC Executive Slacks MDC 3 Dimensional Pockets : FR 41 norm VS Rounds , FL VS itself & 10 TW enhanced VS Rounds additional 9ft radius +7d4 fireball
•WingBoard Crescent 5PPE 60MPH (120leyline) VTOL 160MDC Bonuses: +2Int, +3d , +1s, +20% Piloting Skill Checks
User avatar
Erg
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 359
Joined: Sun Apr 06, 2014 2:21 am
Location: Rifts Earth: Spook Squad Bound

Re: Crimean Wolves #2: This is Crimea

Postby Carl » Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:18 pm

Perception: 1d20+7 = 10:
3

JIC D20:1d20:
13
; D100: 1d100:
30


Condition: Activated: Motion Detector (40ft);Amplified Hearing (range 360ft) +3 init; Sound Suppression System; Enchanted Earring: Protection against all types of Fire (including magical); Telescopic (4-8x30 magnification, range 6000ft); (Sunglasses)Impervious to Energy talisman, 1 use remaining (lv5) Not activated: Thermal Imaging (range 3000ft); Armband: Time Slip talisman, 3 uses remaining, (lvl 5); Enchanted Earring - Casts Invisibility: Simple (4x/day (3 remaining), 15 min duration)
SNAFU wrote:Some of the Cells are empty and smashed open from within but most are filled with dead beings of one type or another, all exotic to some degree. One cell sticks out in particular as it contains a living person, a beautiful human woman by the looks of it, desperately trying to get their attention as they pass...

Carl looks at the women suspiciously as they get nearer to her. **Yeah right! That is the oldest trick in the book. Change yourself to look like a beautiful woman and then gut us when we drop our guard, probably best to just attack her now, then kill or capture him when he turns back into himself.** Carl slowly move toward the women cell when....
Minerva wrote:And just when she wasn't sure she could take any more, she sees a few men, as shady as if not more than her captors, approaching her gelatinous cell. With her hands and mouth bound, she finds it difficult to speak, but with the last of her mental strength, she uses her telepathy (-4 ISP) to do something that is generally beneath her, ask for help. Ayúdame. Por favor. Help me. Please. Projecting these thoughts at everyone gathered, she is ecstatic when someone frees her.

Not realizing what he is doing, Carl says nothing to anyone, but has both swords in his hands and moves towards the cell to decapitate the woman. Luckily Brokswa get there first, which gives him a chance to come to his senses and register that the telepathy connection was just a cry for help and not an attack. He remembers that his swords, who are constantly holding conversations in his head, would have warned him if the intent was hostile. Not willing to admit that he lost his cool for even a second, he jams his sword back into their sheaths and listens to the conversation between Vheld and the woman that Carl is beginning to realize is not their target in disguise.
Echo wrote:"I am moving up, Deuce, Joker, I will radio if I see anything." The assassin states, not being in a position of authority to deal with the new individual. He will practically ignore the woman's presence until she becomes a threat, liability or ally. Right now, in his eyes, she was closer to a liability with unknown motives.

"Roger that. Use you own discretion but don't get too far ahead."
Vheld wrote:Barring any objections from Carl, Vheld will then take the lead in approaching her. "Who are you, and how did you come to be in this place?" Assuming a satisfactory answer, Vheld turns to Brokswa and commands "Open the cell." Once that's done, he faces the woman again and says, "We have business with the beings who created this abomination. Do you know anything about the rest of this interior that might help us?"
Minerva wrote:Me llamo Minerva. Soy un prisionero de ... Mierda. No me entiendes, ¿verdad?****My name is Minerva. I was caught off guard and kidnapped, thrown into this vile wretched pile of goo that's sapping my strength as we speak. Please, release me so I can find the ones who put me in here and remove their heads with my fingers. I know not of this abomination or the interior, only that it was used to hold me and I refuse to be held. I would assist you in your... business if you so desire.

Carl moves pass Vheld and Minerva, eyeing the woman with clear hatred in his eyes, wondering if she realized how close she came to losing her head. As he moves pass her, all he says in a very controlled hostile tone is, "Never enter my mind without my permission again!" He does not wait for any reaction or respond as he moves in the direction that Echo went.
Carl
Constant Effects
MDC: Main Body200/200;
Amplified Hearing (range 360ft) +3 init;
Armor: Shadow Armor
• Attackers are -5 to strike the wearer in darkness
• M.D.C: Main body 400/400
Force Field: N-F50A Superheavy 160/160
Weapon in Hand: Duel Concealed Palm Energy Generators - Particle Beams:
☞ Mega-Damage: 5d6 MD per single blast, a duel simultaneous blast inflicts 1d6x10 MD
Weapons: Duel Rune-Daisho Swords (hilts have wrist straps to secure them when used)
☞ The power of the Battle Fury can be summoned by the wielder of these swords. Both swords must be present for the power to work. (3 times per 24 hours))
☞ Katana: 5D6 S.D.C./H.P. to mortal foes, 5d6 M.D. to M.D.C. foes and 8D6 M.D. to supernatural beings.
☞ Wakazashi: 3D6 S.D.C./H.P. to mortal foes, 3d6 M.D. to M.D.C. foes and 5D6 M.D. to supernatural beings. (Can cure wounds and bestow 5d6 HP and 5d6 sdc (or 4d6 mdc) at the same time (3 times per 24 hours))
Flight: Jet Pack[/size]
User avatar
Carl
 
Posts: 677
Joined: Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:09 pm
Location: Rifts PC (The Spook Squad)

Re: Crimean Wolves #2: This is Crimea

Postby Vinograd » Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:05 am

Perception: 1d20+1 = 4:
3

Just in Case: 1d20:
11
/1d100:
36

Conditions: Metamorphosis: 1/4 size Royal Frilled dragon, Shadow meld.

When the woman begins speaking into his mind, Vinograd is startled ever so slightly, lucky for him no one could really see him to notice. Vinograd activates his own Telepathy (-4 I.S.P.) "Lye uma il- rangwa lle." Vinograd is not surprised that she doesn't understand him back, so he tries his newfound understanding of English to communicate. "My tebya ne ponimayem." (Language: American 1d100:
88
/52% Fail
) Vino looks stumped for a moment as he realizes he just used the common tongue of Europe. "We can't understand you." (Language: American 1d100:
22
/52% Pass
) Vino is confident he said it right the second time. From his shadowy corner. "Mani uma lle merna amin um-, cora?" Vino paces around the group a little looking into the various cells for anything interesting, or possibly tasty.

OOC Comments
Translations: First two are "We can't understand you.", "What do you want me to do, boss?"
Vinograd
"We are a product of our upbringing, not of our genetics." Vinograd
M.D.C.: 422/422
P.P.E.: 129/129
I.S.P.: 88/88
User avatar
Vinograd
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 82
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:23 pm
Location: Spook Squad PC

Re: Crimean Wolves #2: This is Crimea

Postby Carl » Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:50 pm

((Rolls carried over))
Vinograd wrote:"What do you want me to do, boss?"

Without turning around, Carl says in Dragonese, "Follow me for now and do not eat anyone until I tell you."
Carl
Constant Effects
MDC: Main Body200/200;
Amplified Hearing (range 360ft) +3 init;
Armor: Shadow Armor
• Attackers are -5 to strike the wearer in darkness
• M.D.C: Main body 400/400
Force Field: N-F50A Superheavy 160/160
Weapon in Hand: Duel Concealed Palm Energy Generators - Particle Beams:
☞ Mega-Damage: 5d6 MD per single blast, a duel simultaneous blast inflicts 1d6x10 MD
Weapons: Duel Rune-Daisho Swords (hilts have wrist straps to secure them when used)
☞ The power of the Battle Fury can be summoned by the wielder of these swords. Both swords must be present for the power to work. (3 times per 24 hours))
☞ Katana: 5D6 S.D.C./H.P. to mortal foes, 5d6 M.D. to M.D.C. foes and 8D6 M.D. to supernatural beings.
☞ Wakazashi: 3D6 S.D.C./H.P. to mortal foes, 3d6 M.D. to M.D.C. foes and 5D6 M.D. to supernatural beings. (Can cure wounds and bestow 5d6 HP and 5d6 sdc (or 4d6 mdc) at the same time (3 times per 24 hours))
Flight: Jet Pack[/size]
User avatar
Carl
 
Posts: 677
Joined: Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:09 pm
Location: Rifts PC (The Spook Squad)

Re: Crimean Wolves #2: This is Crimea

Postby Whisper » Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:08 pm

((rolls held))

As the missiles fly in, Whisper glances around, adrenaline pumping. She struggles to control her aim, gulp down the fear in her heart and focus. I need a freaking drink.

"They better not have deserted us.", Whisper mutters, voice breaking.
Whisper
H.P.: 32/32
S.D.C.: 50/50

Mecha-Knight main body 400/400
Forcefield 160/160
User avatar
Whisper
 
Posts: 221
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:00 am

Re: Crimean Wolves #2: This is Crimea

Postby Vinograd » Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:05 am

((Rolls carried over))

Carl wrote:Without turning around, Carl says in Dragonese, "Follow me for now and do not eat anyone until I tell you."


Vinograd snorts. Can he read minds? [Dragonese/Elven]"Will do." And with that the shadowy form that is Vinograd slowly moves about, keeping Carl in view at all times. Vinograd is very much interested in the woman, not as a food source of course, just her very nature really. Not that Vinograd is particularly knowledgeable about anything really, his age being what it is.
Vinograd
"We are a product of our upbringing, not of our genetics." Vinograd
M.D.C.: 422/422
P.P.E.: 129/129
I.S.P.: 88/88
User avatar
Vinograd
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 82
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:23 pm
Location: Spook Squad PC

Re: Crimean Wolves #2: This is Crimea

Postby SNAFU » Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:34 am

CONDITIONS wrote:TIME & DATE: 19:52,
CLIMATE: Ice Storm!!!
VISIBILITY: Ice Storm!!!
TERRAIN: rocky, barren, wasteland, no vegetation
LOCATION : The western Crimean Highlands, 3 miles from the coast.
LEY LINE: Almost on top of a Nexus.


A Rough Spiral
The incursion into the Spore has brought them to a row of cells just like the one from which they have freed Minerva from. It extends along the corridor which winds out of sight before them.
Image
You can surmise you are in a spiral; using the above as a rough guide, you have entered at the bottom and completed two loops into the interior. Assuming the architectural layout doesn't change the rest of the spiral would likely conform to the above.

Corridors of Drooping Gloom
Echo moves forward; his boots stick in the goo as he walks. The upcoming corner being a likely location for ambush Echo scans the shadows.
Image
The ceilings droop down above them. Conversations happen as intended, and Echo arrives at his point position.
Image

Attack on Point!
Being no fool, Echo has positioned himself in such a way that anyway incoming attacker would need to reveal themselves in order to close in on them.
Image

Soon enough his gambit draws out an assailant. Some kind of mutant thing, clearly in the process changing from whatever it used to be, into a Morogot-stuff construct.

A Calm During the Storm
Image
It takes the sharp shooting of both Lahz, Whisper and the telekinetic intervention of Slithn (x1; 500 lbs) to knock down the incoming volley. Slithn's intervention came none too soon, but in sufficient time enough. There is a brief period of silence interrupted only by the occasional lightning bolt directed by Erg at the incoming scouts somewhere in the fields before them. Lahz launches his counter volley and finds he is aiming at a moving target as the barges have begun to retreat en masse.

Hезнакомцев! Хуй тебе́! Пошёл в жо́пу!
Foreign scum! You will get only dick! Up your ass!

Image
The silence is disturbed by the roaring engines of an aircraft circling above them, way, way up in the sky, beyond the clouds of Sshir's impromptu ice storm. A voice in Russian broadcasts an incredible loud and profane final message to the Spooks. The earth around them begins to explode as the mile-high gunship strafes them with heavy rail-gun fire. Despite dodging or otherwise avoiding the worst of it almost every exterior Spook is struck by the hail of fire! Among other weapons it may have onboard, they are currently being targeted by 4 independent ball turrets each armed with a heavy, long-range multi barreled railgun. The aircraft is so far up in the sky it is only indirectly visible by virtue of its shadow cast on the cloud layer below it.

Erg: 140 MDC!
Lahz: 160 MDC!
Whisper: 90 MDC!


Notes: COMBAT!! Echo is 20' ahead of the others inside and about to engage with an incoming humanoid assailant! (No weapons visible; Predatory behaviour)

Outside the others are being shot to hell by a heavily armed aircraft.

WHATCHADO?
SNAFU
 

Re: Crimean Wolves #2: This is Crimea

Postby Echo » Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:56 am

Perception: 1d20:
12
+3 = 15
JiC: 1d100:
66
// 1d20:
8

Intelligence: 1d100:
58
/62%

Echo scowls as the goop is sticking to his boots and trailing on his suit. Bloody hell, this will be a chore to remove later. The Sniper thinks to himself as he props against the wall. Ambush point. The sniper moves forward slowly and peers into the shadows. He nestles into a nook for security and drives his gaze down the hallway until it is answered by a predatory humanoid approaching. He keys the mic "Spooks; humanoid predator about 30 meters ahead of group, 10 ahead of me. It was attempting to sneak attack us. Engaging."

After his broadcast, Echo will ready a Heavy round and fire immediately and get back on the net. "Unknown engaged."

Initiative: 1d20+9 = 23:
14

APM: 8 // 2 dedicated to dodge// Remaining 6 APM to attack
Dodge Rolls: 1d20+7 = 15:
8
/ 1d20+7 = 16:
9


Actions 1-3: Aimed, Called Shot at the Target's Head (To Kill It). Strike: 1d20+10 = 15:
5
// Heavy Round DMG: (2d4*10)+20 = 60:
3, 1
(Automatic Critical Success, see here)
Actions 4-6: Aimed, Called Shot at the Target's Head (To Kill it). Strike: 1d20+10 = 24:
14
// Heavy Round DMG: (2d4*10)+20 = 70:
2, 3
Echo, Professional Sharpshooter and Assassin
Character Details
H.P.: 54/54 | S.D.C.: 62/62

Constant Conditions: Multi-optic Eye (+1 Strike) | Amplified Hearing and Sound Filtration (+1 Parry/+2 Dodge/+3 Initiative)

Weapons: NE-75H Shoulder Cannon | Range: Laser: 6000' Heavy, 4000' Light| Damage: 2d4x10+20MD Heavy, 1d4x10+10 Light | RoF: Single Shot, Equal to H2H APM | Payload: Heavy E-Clip 8/8, Light E-Clip 20/20 | Bonuses: +1 to Strike on an aimed or called shot

Drones: DV-39 Wolf Pack Robot Drone: N-F50A Force Field: 160/160 | Head: 90/90| Front Legs: R: 95/95 L: 95/95| Back Legs: L: 95/95 R: 95/95| Main Body: 200/200

Armor: Silent Shadow Power Armor: N-F50A Force Field: 160/160 | Head: 80/80| Arms: R: 60/60 L: 60/60| Legs: L: 80/80 R: 80/80| Main Body: 190/190| Wings: R: 32/32 L: 32/32
NE-CW20 Camo Variable Armor: N-F50A Force Field: 160/160 | Helmet: 40/40| Arms: R: 20/20 L: 20/20| Legs: L: 30/30 R: 30/30| Main Body: 80/80| Features: Changes color to match environment (1d4 melees), Masks infared and thermal (21% Chance to be detected by such devices), -20% to be detected by other means, Naruni Psionic Dampener (+2 v Psi, +1 v Possession), Preset Encrypted Spooks Frequencies
Branaghan Overcoat: Arms: L: 8/8 R: 8/8 | Legs: R: 12/12 L: 12/12 | Main Body: 28/28 | -5% to all physical skills
Camouflage, Stealth Ghillie Suit: +10 Prowl/Blend, Invisible outside of 200' from Thermal/Infared, -30% check if within 200' to spot.

Talking to LynX mentally/internally. (0040FF)
Lynx Responding mentally/internally. (8000FF)
Doppler speaking/responding mentally, internally. (FF0000)
User avatar
Echo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 207
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:08 pm
Location: Rifts PC (Spook Squad)

Re: Crimean Wolves #2: This is Crimea

Postby Erg » Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:54 pm

Perception: 1d20+2 = 20:
18
(Additional +3 Involving Magic , Machines , or their Combination)
JIC: 1d20:
1
, 1d100:
2


Current
Conditions
  • Sustain : 286h 40m 30s: No need Eat, Drink, Breath , Only ~2h sleep per 24 hour period.
  • ETA to Warlord Sokolov's whole island 'purge' : 3h 45m 30s
  • Updraft TW Shoes : 12m 45s Run on Air Max Spd 50 Max Altitude 1,000 ft
  • MA-2 MDC MainBody50 Leg50e Arm45e Head40 : 7m 45s Breath Without Air , Cleanse , Armor of Ithan 50MDC (Fire, Lightning, Cold do 1/2 Dmg)
  • Energy Field Sphere Around Self : 17m 45s Proximity to Nexus 40 MDC Remaining
  • Nexus Proximity : 3x spell range, duration, damage , Can Drawl 20 PPE/melee


Erg's protective Energy Field is rocked by the powerful attack .. still, it does mange (barely) to absorb the attack and protect Erg himself inside .. Holly Crap

Erg exploits the Ley Line Nexus Proximity to renew the energy field protecting himself .. The Armor of Ithan Force Field of his MA-2 used as the technology focus item .. then he continues to follow the orders on suppression fire as best he can on any he might see some within range .. but the accuracy of the overhead gun ship has also peaked his curiosity , and he considers how they are managing to do it .. The thought occurs to Erg .. Are they using some type of sensors that are able to target us , through this storm between us and them .. and also that far away too .. What could they be using to do that?

Initiative: 1d20:
18

APM:5

APM-1: Renew the protective energy field around himself (Lv4=1 Action) .. MA-2's Armor of Ithan Force Field used as tech focus item.
(-10PPE)

APM-2: Try and think of what type of sensors the attacking ship could possibly be using that allows them to target the Spokes so accurately from both so far away, and also through the storm between them and the air ship as well .. It's on the other side of the clouds outside of the storm .. it has to fire into and through several miles of storm/clouds to reach the spokes.

Not sure which is most applicable .. but I put them in order for Erg's way of thinking :
  • From a scientific theory point of view: (what types of signals would both penetrate the storm fairly unaffected , but still interact with and bounce back to give useful sensor information , over this kind of long range distance.)
    Chemistry Analytical Skill 66% Rolled: 1d100:
    42

    Astrophysics Skill Skill 71% Rolled: 1d100:
    50
  • or .. From an Engineer Design/Build it Point of View (What type of sensor would Erg build or use if he expected this type of need):
    Weapons Engineer Skill 41% Rolled: 1d100:
    55

    Electrical Engineer Skill 76% Rolled: 1d100:
    27

    Mechanical Engineer Skill 76% Rolled: 1d100:
    17
  • or .. From a Operator / User of sensor systems Point of View ... Sensory Equipment Skill 71% Rolled: 1d100:
    63
  • Any Math Needed for any of the above Advanced Mathematics Skill 76% Rolled: 1d100:
    48

APM-3-4: Continue to use the previous modified Multi-Tool into a Weather Sensor as the Tech Focus Item to Call down Magically Enhanced Lightning Bolt as ordered for 'suppression fire of anything that gets near'.
(-15PPE)
Range 300ft x 3Nexus = 900 Feet Range
Damage 1d6 per level x Lv6 = 6d6 (nexus 3x damage) = 18d6:
6, 6, 4, 5, 3, 5, 2, 1, 1, 3, 5, 5, 1, 3, 2, 1, 3, 2
MD
Save = None

APM-5: Reserved to renew energy field again if needed for his own personal defense. (-10PPE if needed) .. If additional protective Energy Field is not needed .. 2nd priority would be to continue to consider / think about what type of sensors that plane could be using.

PPE for the Round +20Nexus -10EnergyField -15CallLightning = -5 Total

BoM-p.111 wrote:"The lightning bolt shoots down from the skies, hitting the desired target."

Reads to me like an automatic hit , doesn't list or offer an option to dodge like some other spells do.

If Strike Rolls are needed for Call Lightning :
1d20:
6

+Whatever applicable modifiers are.
Last edited by Erg on Thu Jul 06, 2017 4:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
Erg Flux
Status
HP(34) .. SDC(20) .. ISP(58) .. PPE(144/144) .. Sustain Sleep2Hr/day no eat,drink,breath (7d)
•On Person Gear, Utility Belt, Miniature PPE(180) Battery Regen10/hr , Updraft TW Shoes 8PPE 30m 50Spd
•(VS)VehicleStopper 300ft 6d6MD+KnockBack Amo1 (1reload take 4 actions)
•MiserShard 2d6MDC/SDC , Wielder heals damage dealt PFWE-p.156 , Damage Doesn't Heal Normally PFWE-p.156
•MDC Executive Business Suit Coat MDC 8 Mods: Naruni Forcefield 160MDC 12hrs regen4/min , TW Energy Conversion Field 10PPE 14min
•MDC Executive Slacks MDC 3 Dimensional Pockets : FR 41 norm VS Rounds , FL VS itself & 10 TW enhanced VS Rounds additional 9ft radius +7d4 fireball
•WingBoard Crescent 5PPE 60MPH (120leyline) VTOL 160MDC Bonuses: +2Int, +3d , +1s, +20% Piloting Skill Checks
User avatar
Erg
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 359
Joined: Sun Apr 06, 2014 2:21 am
Location: Rifts Earth: Spook Squad Bound

Re: Crimean Wolves #2: This is Crimea

Postby Vinograd » Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:11 pm

Perception: 1d20+1 = 17:
16

Just in Case: 1d20:
14
/1d100:
40

Conditions: Shadow Meld, Metamorphosis (1/4 size Royal Frilled Dragon)

Initiative: 1d20+8 = 23:
15

Number of Attacks: 5

Action One: Slowly follow the group, intentionally not eating anything.
Action Two: Charge the creature and claw it. (Strike: 1d20+3 = 15:
12
; Damage: 4d6:
2, 6, 4, 2
M.D.)
Action Three: Breathe paralytic breath on the creature. (Save vs. Non-lethal poison 16+)
Action Four: Continue Clawing at the creature. (Strike: 1d20+3 = 4:
1
; Damage: 4d6:
1, 6, 2, 2
M.D.)
Action Five: Continue Clawing at the creature. (Strike: 1d20+3 = 6:
3
; Damage: 4d6:
5, 5, 6, 1
M.D.)

Parries as Needed: 1d20+8 = 14:
6
, 1d20+8 = 25:
17
, 1d20+8 = 20:
12
, 1d20+8 = 20:
12
, 1d20+8 = 20:
12
.

Vinograd slowly follows Carl for a bit until the creature happens. Vinograd rushes forward along the walls the shadows concealing him till just before he tries and jump the creature, claws flashing out from the shadow. Vinograd tries to following it up with his paralytic breath, before going back to clawing at the beast. Damn creature... Die, so I can eat you.
Vinograd
"We are a product of our upbringing, not of our genetics." Vinograd
M.D.C.: 422/422
P.P.E.: 129/129
I.S.P.: 88/88
User avatar
Vinograd
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 82
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:23 pm
Location: Spook Squad PC

Re: Crimean Wolves #2: This is Crimea

Postby Minerva » Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:51 pm

Perception: 1d20:
2

JIC: 1d20:
15
/1d100:
32

Conditions
ISP: 163/334


As Minerva climbs out of the gooey prison, she immediately begins removing the goo from her body, cleaning her face first and then her armor.
Carl wrote:As he moves pass her, all he says in a very controlled hostile tone is, "Never enter my mind without my permission again!" He does not wait for any reaction or respond as he moves in the direction that Echo went.

Watching as the surly man with in armor walks past her, she nods as she gets herself cleaned up. "I like him."

Vinograd wrote:Vinograd activates his own Telepathy (-4 I.S.P.) "Lye uma il- rangwa lle." Vinograd is not surprised that she doesn't understand him back, so he tries his newfound understanding of English to communicate. "My tebya ne ponimayem." (Language: American Original post: 1d100:
88
/52% Fail
) Vino looks stumped for a moment as he realizes he just used the common tongue of Europe. "We can't understand you." (Language: American Original post: 1d100:
22
/52% Pass
) Vino is confident he said it right the second time. From his shadowy corner.

Looking around at the few gathered mercenaries, she doesn't see anyone visibly using telepathic talents to speak with her. I can hear you, but I can't see you. Which one are you? Tell me about your group. I would know with whom I travel.
Skills
Language: American 1d100:
12
/82%

Minerva follows along with the group, not hearing the radio call but noticing the sounds of weapons firing not 20' ahead of her. Speaking to Vheld, who she attributes her save to, she says "You are fighters. Warriors. Good. We find who did this to me, we kill everything between them and us and then we talk about what this is, no?" Minerva hangs back to observe Echo in action and see what the rest of the group does. If her help is requested or it becomes obvious that they could use her, she'll pitch in.
Grace Minerva
Ledger

  • I.S.P.: 390
  • H.P.: 109
  • S.D.C.: 177
  • M.D.C.: 286 (during Supernatural Transformation)

Image
User avatar
Minerva
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 157
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:55 pm

Re: Crimean Wolves #2: This is Crimea

Postby Whisper » Sun Jul 02, 2017 2:01 am

Perception: 1d20+2 = 19:
17

Just in Case d20: 1d20:
5
;JIC d100: 1d100:
30


Whisper for her part figures F*** it. I can't hit that thing from down here.

"Someone cancel that damned storm, it ain't doin' any good!", she exclaims, still a little buzzed. She lifts off to get in range of the enemy flier, going to full throttle and pushing Gs like nobody's business.

Grunting with the effort of resisting the effects of gravity, Lily swings her suit left and right to avoid incoming fire.

If she can get into range, she starts firing her particle beam rifle, attempting to do as much damage as she can to down the aircraft or convince it to leave.

Initiative: 1d20+5 = 19:
14

# of Actions: 8

Action 1-?: take off (eh?) and try to climb to get into range to engage the enemy aircraft

remaining actions: shoot at the flier if in range
strike 1d20+6 = 10:
4
, damage 2d4*10 = 70:
3, 4

strike 1d20+6 = 21:
15
, damage 2d4*10 = 60:
2, 4

strike 1d20+6 = 23:
17
, damage 2d4*10 = 40:
3, 1

strike 1d20+6 = 14:
8
, damage 2d4*10 = 70:
4, 3

strike 1d20+6 = 25:
19
, damage 2d4*10 = 20:
1, 1

strike 1d20+6 = 13:
7
, damage 2d4*10 = 70:
4, 3


Auto dodge rolls: 1d20+4 = 18:
14
, 1d20+4 = 8:
4
, 1d20+4 = 18:
14
, 1d20+4 = 17:
13
, 1d20+4 = 22:
18
, 1d20+4 = 19:
15
, 1d20+4 = 21:
17
, 1d20+4 = 7:
3
Whisper
H.P.: 32/32
S.D.C.: 50/50

Mecha-Knight main body 400/400
Forcefield 160/160
User avatar
Whisper
 
Posts: 221
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:00 am

Re: Crimean Wolves #2: This is Crimea

Postby Carl » Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:38 am

erception: 1d20+7 = 9:
2

JIC D20:1d20:
11
; D100: 1d100:
9


Condition: Activated: Motion Detector (40ft);Amplified Hearing (range 360ft) +3 init; Sound Suppression System; Enchanted Earring: Protection against all types of Fire (including magical); Telescopic (4-8x30 magnification, range 6000ft); (Sunglasses)Impervious to Energy talisman, 1 use remaining (lv5) Not activated: Thermal Imaging (range 3000ft); Armband: Time Slip talisman, 3 uses remaining, (lvl 5); Enchanted Earring - Casts Invisibility: Simple (4x/day (3 remaining), 15 min duration)

Echo wrote:"Spooks; humanoid predator about 30 meters ahead of group, 10 ahead of me. It was attempting to sneak attack us. Engaging."

"Roger that. We are on our..(watches Vinograd run pass him) way."
Vinograd wrote:Vinograd slowly follows Carl for a bit until the creature happens. Vinograd rushes forward along the walls the shadows concealing him till just before he tries and jump the creature, claws flashing out from the shadow. Vinograd tries to following it up with his paralytic breath, before going back to clawing at the beast. Damn creature... Die, so I can eat you.

**The young can be so impatient.** Turning to Vheld, Carl says, "Deuce, send one of your minions to engage that thing along with our young friend. I want to see how it reacts and make sure that it is alone before I engage it."
Minerva wrote:Speaking to Vheld, who she attributes her save to, she says "You are fighters. Warriors. Good. We find who did this to me, we kill everything between them and us and then we talk about what this is, no?" Minerva hangs back to observe Echo in action and see what the rest of the group does. If her help is requested or it becomes obvious that they could use her, she'll pitch in.

Giving no indication that he heard what she said to Vheld, Carl speaks to Minerva, "No idea what you are capable of, if you can help without getting one of us hurt, please do so, but if you are going to travel with us you need to follow our lead when we give it. Understand?" **I hope she is a better follower than I am, I hate when someone tells me what to do.** Whether she acknowledges what Carl said or not, he turns his attention back to the creature.
Carl tries to mentally identify the creature as he watches the initial contact.
Lore Demons and Monsters [98%] 1d100:
76

Lore Creature of Magic [86%] 1d100:
10


He pulls out a grenade with the net spell in it, in case the creature move far enough away from the others that they would not be caught in the net or if another creature appears.

Initiative: 1d20+7 = 25:
18


If the creature gives him a clear target or if another one appears, Carl throws his grenade. 1d20+5 = 19:
14
Last edited by Carl on Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Carl
Constant Effects
MDC: Main Body200/200;
Amplified Hearing (range 360ft) +3 init;
Armor: Shadow Armor
• Attackers are -5 to strike the wearer in darkness
• M.D.C: Main body 400/400
Force Field: N-F50A Superheavy 160/160
Weapon in Hand: Duel Concealed Palm Energy Generators - Particle Beams:
☞ Mega-Damage: 5d6 MD per single blast, a duel simultaneous blast inflicts 1d6x10 MD
Weapons: Duel Rune-Daisho Swords (hilts have wrist straps to secure them when used)
☞ The power of the Battle Fury can be summoned by the wielder of these swords. Both swords must be present for the power to work. (3 times per 24 hours))
☞ Katana: 5D6 S.D.C./H.P. to mortal foes, 5d6 M.D. to M.D.C. foes and 8D6 M.D. to supernatural beings.
☞ Wakazashi: 3D6 S.D.C./H.P. to mortal foes, 3d6 M.D. to M.D.C. foes and 5D6 M.D. to supernatural beings. (Can cure wounds and bestow 5d6 HP and 5d6 sdc (or 4d6 mdc) at the same time (3 times per 24 hours))
Flight: Jet Pack[/size]
User avatar
Carl
 
Posts: 677
Joined: Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:09 pm
Location: Rifts PC (The Spook Squad)

Re: Crimean Wolves #2: This is Crimea

Postby Lahz » Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:32 pm

Perception [+2]: 1d20+2 = 10:
8
[+3 involving Electronics or Machines]
JiC D20: 1d20:
4

JiC D100: 1d100:
97


Conditions: Telemechanics (0 ISP, Constant, 5ft, 96%), Mind-block Auto-Defense (0 ISP, Automatic), Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy (1600ft if using magical or psionic powers, 600ft if NOT using powers), Radiate Nature [Uneasy/Cautious/Angry], Marauder PA Link, Force Field [ 80/160 MD -- OFF ]

Telemechanics [96%]: 1d100:
97


Lahz hears Whisper snap out a demand for the Storm to be dismissed but countermands it, "No. Leave the Storm in place for now. It's giving us cover against a numerically superior enemy ..." **I might regret it later, but it seems to make sense to maintain the cover and targeting issues before we have to dodge volleys from 8 different barges. That one thinks too much with her ... I dunno, bottle? She wants a clean shot even if it gives one to them? That's just silly.** When railgun fire begins to rain down from above, Lahz barks out, "Silthn?! Get onto that Ship and make the Pilot crash into the Morogot Mountain, then get back here."

OOC Comments
I figure this can be done via Possession, TK, Biomanipulation: Blindness ... any number of ways.
He then keys the radio live, "Rear Guard find cover from overhead fire. Use the doorways, don't go deep, but that should provide some protection." In the event that cyborgs or ... other enemies begin to emerge, Lahz will try to use the terrain to maximize cover and dodge as best he can (or even roll with a punch/impact where applicable) while laying down suppression fire using.

APM (Merged): 9
Initiative [+2]: 1d20+2 = 13:
11


1 -- Kill Forcefield to prevent overloading ...
2 -- Fire CTT-M20 Missile Rifle [2 Plasma Mini-Missiles] @ incoming Borg or other Opponent who presents itself Strike: 1d20+4 = 14:
10
Damage: 2d6*10 = 70:
6, 1
MD
3 -- Fire CTT-M20 Missile Rifle [2 Plasma Mini-Missiles] @ incoming Borg or other Opponent who presents itself Strike: 1d20+4 = 23:
19
Damage: 2d6*10 = 110:
5, 6
MD (Crit = 220 MD)
4 -- Fire CTT-M20 Missile Rifle [2 Plasma Mini-Missiles] @ incoming Borg or other Opponent who presents itself Strike: 1d20+4 = 12:
8
Damage: 2d6*10 = 80:
6, 2
MD
5 -- Fire Forearm Laser @ incoming Borg or other Opponent who presents itself Strike: 1d20+4 = 13:
9
Damage: 3d6:
5, 2, 2
MD
6 -- Fire Forearm Laser @ incoming Borg or other Opponent who presents itself Strike: 1d20+4 = 7:
3
Damage: 3d6:
1, 6, 4
MD
7 -- Fire Forearm Laser @ incoming Borg or other Opponent who presents itself Strike: 1d20+4 = 12:
8
Damage: 3d6:
2, 5, 1
MD
8 -- Fire Forearm Laser @ incoming Borg or other Opponent who presents itself Strike: 1d20+4 = 14:
10
Damage: 3d6:
5, 6, 2
MD
9 -- Fire Forearm Laser @ incoming Borg or other Opponent who presents itself Strike: 1d20+4 = 15:
11
Damage: 3d6:
6, 5, 3
MD
Waived to turn off FF as Action 1 -- 1d20+4 = 11:
7
Damage: 3d6:
1, 1, 5
MD


To Dodge or RWP (as applicable):
Dodges [+8]: 1d20+8 = 14:
6
, 1d20+8 = 26:
18
, 1d20+8 = 9:
1
, 1d20+8 = 12:
4

RWP [+4]: 1d20+4 = 19:
15
, 1d20+4 = 20:
16
, 1d20+4 = 6:
2
, 1d20+4 = 15:
11


Missile.Defense.via.Turrets (auto-firing):
1d20+4 = 13:
9
// 4d6:
2, 6, 1, 2
MD
1d20+4 = 16:
12
// 4d6:
2, 4, 2, 6
MD
1d20+4 = 23:
19
// 4d6:
6, 3, 3, 5
MD
1d20+4 = 23:
19
// 4d6:
5, 5, 4, 6
MD
1d20+4 = 20:
16
// 4d6:
6, 4, 1, 1
MD
1d20+4 = 12:
8
// 4d6:
2, 2, 3, 1
MD
1d20+4 = 14:
10
// 4d6:
6, 5, 6, 1
MD
1d20+4 = 21:
17
// 4d6:
6, 1, 5, 4
MD
1d20+4 = 9:
5
// 4d6:
5, 5, 4, 6
MD

Missile.Ordinance Tracking
Ship: 50/64 Plasma LRMs
CTT-M20 Missile Rifle: 16/20 (if 6 Minimissiles used, then 10)
Lahz D'Gemmel
OOC Comments
ISP: 191/191
PPE: 22/22
HP: 32/32
SDC: 26/26

Worn:
NG RA5 Arrow Ride Armor
MD by Loc: Helmet: 35/35, Main Body: 30/30
Arms: [L] 14/14 . [R] 14/14 & Legs: [L] 18/18 . [R] 18/18

N-F50A Superheavy Force Field - Not Active
M.D.C.: 160/160

Weapons: Wilk's 325 "Mariner" Pulse Pistol 2D8 MD or 4D8 MD, 900'

Other: Drone Command Gauntlet (NG2 pg 245) [Left Forearm, 10 MD, 5 Mile Wireless Range], Vibro-Knife [1d6 MD], Laser Eavesdropping Device, Multitool, Talismans from Vheld (several)

Accompanied by Ray the Droid (( NG-B50 ‘Thunderer’ BigBore Combat Hammer, Wilks Laser Sword & NG-SE9 Sharpshooter ))
User avatar
Lahz
Group Leader
 
Posts: 407
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:38 am
Location: Rifts: Spook Squad

Re: Crimean Wolves #2: This is Crimea

Postby Vheld » Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:04 pm

Initiative: 1d20:
1

JIC: 1d20:
14
, 1d100:
37

PER: 1d20+7 = 11:
4

APM: 7

Spanish (Tongues)- 1d100:
56
vs. 98%
Lore: Demons and Monsters- 1d100:
19
vs. 94%
Lore: Magic- 1d100:
88
vs. 89%
Lore: Faeries and Creatures of Magic- 1d100:
57
vs. 89%
Lore: D-Bee- 1d100:
1
vs. 59%
All to try and ID the monster.

Vheld Conditions
- Fly as the Eagle (426m00s remaining, +1p, +2d in flight).
- Invincible Armor (Brokswa/Sshir: 63m00s remaining, Vheld/Bel'Dar: 75m45s remaining, 225/225 MDC, 1/2 damage from energy, -15% to physical skills, fully environmental, regen 1d6 MDC/melee).
- Nexus Proximity (3x spell range, duration, damage; can draw 20 PPE/melee; +2 save vs. magic/HF; +1 spell strength (opponents now need 17+ to save vs. Vheld's magic).
- Impervious to energy (Vheld/Brokswa; 51m45s remaining).
- Chromatic protection (Vheld/Brokswa; 24m45s remaining, failed save = blind, -10s/p/d, -4I for 1d4*3 melees, half duration for lesser supernatural).
- Charismatic Aura (40m15s remaining; Friendship/Trust invoked, Vheld gets +8 to PB, affects 180ft. radius).
- Overcharged PPE (21m45s remaining).
- Tongues (81m00s remaining, understands/speaks all languages at 98%)
- X-ray vision (30m00s remaining, PFRPG P. 203)


Inside
At Minvera's launching into spanish, Vheld growls under his breath, "Wonderful, what now" before fumbling into his pocket and activating his tongues talisman so that he can understand the woman. Once Brokswa has seen to her freedom Vheld nods his satisfaction and addresses the woman in fluent Spanish. "We seek the master of this place- do you know where he is, or how you came to be here?"

Minerva wrote:"You are fighters. Warriors. Good. We find who did this to me, we kill everything between them and us and then we talk about what this is, no?"
Seeing that Carl and Minerva probably did not get off to a great start, Vheld stifles a sigh and decides that this is another job for the de facto second-in-command. Perhaps unintentionally, he continues in spanish. "We are, more or less, and yes we do hunt those responsible for this place and, I imagine, your own imprisonment. Unless you bear allegiance to one of the Warlords outside, which seems unlikely, you may come with us. I suggest you walk with me." She's outfitted for danger, but can she pull her weight?

Assuming Minerva can't offer much information that's useful, Vheld continues trudging down the spore-corridors- he is an equal mix of fascinated and disgusted by the walls' composition, and finds himself lost in a reverie of how he might be able to use this sort of bio-wizardry in his own... ambitions. Once he realizes the spiral nature of the labyrinth in which they find themselves, Vheld activates the ring of x-ray vision on his hand- he will concentrated on seeing through the walls of the spore, if he can. In particular, he's looking for the center of the labyrinth and any other signs of life within range.

It's only when Echo identifies a nearby hostile and radios the team that Vheld's head snaps up and he snaps out of it.
Carl wrote: "Deuce, send one of your minions to engage that thing along with our young friend. I want to see how it reacts and make sure that it is alone before I engage it."
Vheld nods. "Acknowledged." Turning to Brokswa, he says "Enjoy yourself. Just make sure the dragon doesn't get killed."

As Brokswa grins, hefts his new mace, and charges forward Vheld floats into the air as much as possible and spends a few seconds observing the creature- Carl isn't the only one who wants to know what they're dealing with. Unslinging his millennium wand, Vheld will launch a couple fire spells at the thing to see how it reacts- unless fire works particularly well, the shifter will switch to his staff next and keep his more powerful spells in reserve for the time being.

Action 1- Flight/scoping out the creature.
Action 2- Draw wand.
Action 3- Cast fire bolt on the thing. 1d20+4 = 23:
19
to strike, 4d6*3 = 33:
5, 1, 1, 4
MD.
Action 4- Cast fire bolt on the thing. 1d20+4 = 17:
13
to strike, 4d6*3 = 48:
6, 3, 3, 4
MD.
Action 5- Fire lightning bolt. 1d20+2 = 3:
1
to strike, 6d6*3 = 54:
3, 1, 3, 3, 6, 2
MD.
Action 6- Fire lightning bolt. 1d20+2 = 12:
10
to strike, 6d6*3 = 75:
6, 6, 3, 6, 1, 3
MD.
Action 7- Fire lightning bolt. 1d20+2 = 18:
16
to strike, 6d6*3 = 54:
2, 6, 1, 2, 1, 6
MD.

Contingency #1- If the creature looks like it's beginning to get the upper hand, Vheld will cast carpet of adhesion on it to hold it in place.
Contingency #2- If that doesn't work, Vheld will create an energy field between it and the Spooks.

Auto-parries with staff (+9 not included)- 7d20:
17, 15, 12, 16, 6, 13, 13


Brokswa
Initiative: 1d20+5 = 20:
15

JIC: 1d20:
18
, 1d100:
87

PER: 1d20:
8

APM: 10

Grinning, and determined not to let Vino have all the fun, Brokswa flies as much as he can in the cramped confines and charges forward to join the battle. He will rely on melee attacks with his new toy unless severely threatened, in which case he will pull back and start lobbing plasma bolts at it.

Action 1- Strike with Al Bolga. 1d20+6 = 15:
9
to strike, 2d12:
4, 10
+ 4d6:
6, 6, 6, 1
MD.
Action 2- Strike with Al Bolga. 1d20+6 = 13:
7
to strike, 2d12:
12, 3
+ 4d6:
6, 1, 1, 2
MD.
Action 3- Strike with Al Bolga. 1d20+6 = 11:
5
to strike, 2d12:
10, 12
+ 4d6:
5, 6, 5, 2
MD.
Action 4- Strike with Al Bolga. 1d20+6 = 19:
13
to strike, 2d12:
11, 1
+ 4d6:
3, 1, 1, 1
MD.
Action 5- Strike with Al Bolga. 1d20+6 = 19:
13
to strike, 2d12:
6, 12
+ 4d6:
1, 1, 4, 6
MD.
Action 6- Strike with Al Bolga. 1d20+6 = 9:
3
to strike, 2d12:
8, 11
+ 4d6:
2, 3, 3, 1
MD.
Action 7- Strike with Al Bolga. 1d20+6 = 24:
18
to strike, 2d12:
12, 5
+ 4d6:
3, 2, 3, 4
MD.
Action 8- Strike with Al Bolga. 1d20+6 = 16:
10
to strike, 2d12:
10, 11
+ 4d6:
6, 2, 6, 5
MD.
Action 9- Strike with Al Bolga. 1d20+6 = 22:
16
to strike, 2d12:
6, 3
+ 4d6:
6, 1, 4, 2
MD.
Action 10- Strike with Al Bolga. 1d20+6 = 26:
20
to strike, 2d12:
4, 10
+ 4d6:
6, 4, 6, 6
MD.

Contingency #1- If at any point Brokswa's invincible armor fails, he will spend an action to renew it.
Contingency #2- If the thing chews through that renewal quickly (i.e., more than two actions left in the round when it goes), Brokswa will pull back (dragging Vino with him if necessary) and replace all melee strikes with plasma blasts (subtract 1 from the strike roll, roll 5d6 for damage).

Auto-parries (+10 not included): 10d20:
9, 9, 19, 17, 15, 18, 17, 8, 14, 9


Outside
Storm Conditions
- Affects 15 mile area for 7.5 hours.
- Torrential downpour of 4 inches of rain per hour, causing flooding.
- Flooded roads immobilize all ground vehicles.
- Poor visibility slows travel by half.
- Winds gust up to 35MPH, hail does 1d6SDC to buildings, trees, etc. once every half-hour.
- People are drenched in two melees.
- At sea storm can lash up waves of 6-8 feet.
- Note: Aside from area of effect and duration, does not account for possible boosts from the nexus.

Sandstorm
-Lasts 12 minutes, affects 60 foot area (targeting the plane)
- Visual distance reduced to 5 feet
- Penalties for unprotected eyes/flesh
- Radar and motion detectors temporarily obliterated
- Hearing reduced by half
- Speed reduced by 75%


Bel'Dar
Initiative: 1d20+6 = 19:
13

JIC: 1d20:
5
, 1d100:
22

PER: 1d20+2 = 9:
7

APM: 6

Bel'Dar will fly defensively- he will add a storm of his own to try and throw the Russians off further, and claw anything that gets too close, but otherwise he'll just try to stay out of the way.

Action 1- Cast sandstorm on the plane (-15 PPE) (or as close as he can get).
Actions 2-6- Claw attacks of opportunity. Strike rolls (+4 not included): 5d20:
10, 5, 4, 5, 4
. Damage rolls: 2d6:
3, 4
, 2d6:
2, 6
, 2d6:
5, 6
, 2d6:
3, 5
, 2d6:
5, 3
.

Contingency- Reactivate talisman of invincible armor if it is needed.

Auto-dodges (+8 not included): 6d20:
12, 9, 1, 7, 18, 4


Slithn
Initiative: 1d20+3 = 8:
5

JIC: 1d20:
5
, 1d100:
12

PER: 1d20:
18

APM: 4

Concealing its indignation at being commanded by a subordinate, Slithn is nonetheless forced to comply with Lahz's command. "Very well" she hisses, rising up into the air (her insubstantial nature not hindering her within the storm), Slithn makes for the plane causing so much grief to the Spooks in an attempt to get in range and take over the pilot's mind.

Actions 1-3: Fly along a course to intercept the plane.
Action 4: Mentally possess the pilot -30 ISP, not deducted

Sshir
Initiative: 1d20:
4

JIC: 1d20:
4
, 1d100:
91

PER: 1d20:
11

APM: 5

With little he can do at this distance to affect the aircraft, Sshir hangs back towards the entrance to the spore and focuses on casting frozen blasts at it should it get close enough (range is 1500 ft.)

Actions 1-5: Cast frozen blast ((-13 PPE per casting))
Strike rolls: 5d20:
1, 18, 5, 20, 17

Damage: 9d4:
2, 3, 3, 4, 4, 3, 1, 1, 3
, 9d4:
1, 2, 2, 4, 3, 3, 2, 1, 1
, 9d4:
1, 2, 1, 3, 1, 2, 1, 1, 4
, 9d4:
4, 1, 4, 1, 3, 3, 3, 1, 1
, 9d4:
4, 2, 2, 1, 3, 4, 3, 1, 2


Contingent dodge rolls (+4 not included)- 5d20:
9, 12, 10, 17, 18
.
Contingency- Reactivate talisman of invincible armor if it is needed.
Leave me alone.
Spell Strength +5 (victims need 17 or better to save vs. Vheld's incantations)
Automatically sense Vampires (1000 ft/100% chance to recognize on sight), Rifts (550 miles), and Ley Lines (85%, 100 miles; +10% for nexuses); Sustained (8d remaining)
PPE: 329/329 (Vheld), 83/83 (Sil), 200/200 (Slithn). ISP: 90/90 (Medallion), 230/230 (Slithn).
Talismans: 2/3 on Vheld IA; 2/3 on Sil IA and FatE; 2/3 on Sshir, IA
Weapon in Hand- TW Storm Staff.
User avatar
Vheld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 481
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:36 am
Location: Rifts PC (The Spook Squad)

Re: Crimean Wolves #2: This is Crimea

Postby Erg » Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:34 pm

Rolls / Conditions Carried:

Another possibility occurs to Erg .. What if they aren't using any type of sensor to target us so far away and through the storm ? ... What if they had just fired randomly / blindly on the last known position before the storm came in .. hmm .. they did have a scout on the ground giving them data .. hmm ... I wonder?
Erg Flux
Status
HP(34) .. SDC(20) .. ISP(58) .. PPE(144/144) .. Sustain Sleep2Hr/day no eat,drink,breath (7d)
•On Person Gear, Utility Belt, Miniature PPE(180) Battery Regen10/hr , Updraft TW Shoes 8PPE 30m 50Spd
•(VS)VehicleStopper 300ft 6d6MD+KnockBack Amo1 (1reload take 4 actions)
•MiserShard 2d6MDC/SDC , Wielder heals damage dealt PFWE-p.156 , Damage Doesn't Heal Normally PFWE-p.156
•MDC Executive Business Suit Coat MDC 8 Mods: Naruni Forcefield 160MDC 12hrs regen4/min , TW Energy Conversion Field 10PPE 14min
•MDC Executive Slacks MDC 3 Dimensional Pockets : FR 41 norm VS Rounds , FL VS itself & 10 TW enhanced VS Rounds additional 9ft radius +7d4 fireball
•WingBoard Crescent 5PPE 60MPH (120leyline) VTOL 160MDC Bonuses: +2Int, +3d , +1s, +20% Piloting Skill Checks
User avatar
Erg
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 359
Joined: Sun Apr 06, 2014 2:21 am
Location: Rifts Earth: Spook Squad Bound

Re: Crimean Wolves #2: This is Crimea

Postby SNAFU » Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:23 am

[quote+"Conditions']TIME & DATE: 19:52,
CLIMATE: Ice & Sand Storm!!!
VISIBILITY: Ice & Sand Storm!!!
TERRAIN: rocky, barren, wasteland, no vegetation
LOCATION : The western Crimean Highlands, 3 miles from the coast.
LEY LINE: Almost on top of a Nexus.[/quote]


Inside...

The mutant is dispatched with cold efficiency as a single kill shot destroys the majority of it's head. The shot draws the attention of yet more freakish things and the tunnel ahead fills with a dozen or so deformed abominations. Brokswa and Vino move to engage, while Carl throws entangles the leaders in a magic net. Vheld observes the creatures and finds he cannot determine what they were originally. They are obviously the former inhabitants of the many cell-like hollows that line the wall. Presumably if Minerva had stayed inside much longer she would likely have been corrupted.

Image

Vino and Brokswa from the front line while the others take shots overhead. The tunnel keeps things tight and there are few misses, 4 of the creatures are cut down. Unfortunately there are at least eight more to take their place. Vino takes several claw strikes (-35 M.D.C.) while Brokswa takes the brunt of the assault (-55 M.D.C)

Outside...

Whisper engages the aircraft while Bel'dar adds sand to the flurry overhead. Slithn is dispatched to molest the pilot of the gunship firing down on them from the sky.

Erg works on determining the location of the plane via various means. Lahz spots a platoon of fast-moving borgs crossing the fields in front of them. He launches 4 volleys from his rifle. Erg uses an ingenious indirect method to locate the plain and strikes it several times with his lightning. As for the plane they are likely using guidance from below to target their weapons Erg concludes.
Image
Lahz is forced to dodge several incoming blasts and takes one hit which he mitigates by rolling with the blow. (-40MDC)

Above the clouds Whisper has a field day peppering the much slower and more cumbersome gunship with particle beam blasts. Slithn's effect is suddenly noticeable as the gunship begins spiraling and careens out of the sky to crash spectacularly a kilometer or so aways.

There are eight mutants inside.
There are 8 incoming 'borgs (plus 4 scouts still pinned down somewhere in front of you).
All spells are cast as intended.
Lahz (-40 MDC roll applied)
Brokswa (-55 MDC, unmodified)
Vino (-35 MDC, unmodified)

Whatchado?
SNAFU
 

Re: Crimean Wolves #2: This is Crimea

Postby Lahz » Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:42 am

Perception [+2]: 1d20+2 = 5:
3
[+3 involving Electronics or Machines]
JiC D20: 1d20:
7

JiC D100: 1d100:
68


Conditions: Telemechanics (0 ISP, Constant, 5ft, 96%), Mind-block Auto-Defense (0 ISP, Automatic), Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy (1600ft if using magical or psionic powers, 600ft if NOT using powers), Radiate Nature [Uneasy/Cautious/Angry], Marauder PA Link

Telemechanics [96%]: 1d100:
53


Marauder Main Body: 400/440 MD
Force Field: 80/160 MD [OFF]

With the aerial bombardment relenting, the Psi-Tech skims over an HUD damage readout window to check the number of ground targets his sensors are finding, **2, 3, no looks like 8 Borgs. Plus some covering fire ... Out here I have Tarot, and Jack. He's going to operate around the edges at best I guess ... ** When railgun fire begins to rain down from above, Lahz radios as he shifts his suits shoulder-turrets to firelink with his right forearm blaster, "Tarot?! Ground Troops here. Need you back on a flank. Not from behind, but 90 degrees? ... Going to try to call in a Ship-Strike."

The Elf uploads coordinates for a missile strike on the center of the advancing Borg line, and sends them off to with a wish and a prayer. Lahz will then try to use the terrain to maximize cover and dodge as best he can (or even roll with a punch/impact where applicable) while laying down suppression fire using his Marauder's energy weapons, **These should not be blown off-target by sand or wind or whatever ..." He will focus his own energy fire on those targets on the outer edges of any formation, trying to get them to cluster/bunch closer together (OOC: Figuring that sending off the missile coordinates, given the distance, will still mean a little lag before the volley actually gets here).

APM (Merged): 9
Initiative [+2]: 1d20+2 = 4:
2


1 -- Radio & Shift Turrets
2 -- Input estimated coordinates for targeted Boat Missile Volley [6 Standard PLASMA LRM (missiles)] on center line of advancing Borgs [ EP Crit ] , 24d6*20 = 1520:
2, 1, 1, 3, 4, 3, 5, 3, 6, 6, 3, 2, 4, 3, 2, 5, 2, 4, 1, 4, 5, 1, 2, 4
MD Missile Damage to 40ft Radius
3 -- Fire Forearm Laser @ incoming Borg or other Opponent who presents itself Strike: 1d20+4 = 22:
18
Damage: 11d6:
4, 4, 3, 4, 5, 3, 3, 3, 6, 1, 1
MD
4 -- Fire Forearm Laser @ incoming Borg or other Opponent who presents itself Strike: 1d20+4 = 12:
8
Damage: 11d6:
6, 6, 4, 5, 4, 1, 1, 6, 1, 5, 6
MD
5 -- Fire Forearm Laser @ incoming Borg or other Opponent who presents itself Strike: 1d20+4 = 15:
11
Damage: 11d6:
3, 4, 6, 5, 3, 4, 2, 3, 4, 5, 3
MD
6 -- Fire Forearm Laser @ incoming Borg or other Opponent who presents itself Strike: 1d20+4 = 24:
20
Damage: 11d6:
1, 2, 6, 1, 1, 3, 1, 6, 5, 4, 2
*2=64 MD
7 -- Fire Forearm Laser @ incoming Borg or other Opponent who presents itself Strike: 1d20+4 = 20:
16
Damage: 11d6:
3, 6, 2, 4, 5, 5, 3, 2, 6, 2, 6
MD
8 -- Fire Forearm Laser @ incoming Borg or other Opponent who presents itself Strike: 1d20+4 = 14:
10
Damage: 11d6:
6, 1, 1, 3, 2, 1, 5, 4, 5, 6, 6
MD
9 -- Fire Forearm Laser @ incoming Borg or other Opponent who presents itself Strike: 1d20+4 = 21:
17
Damage: 11d6:
3, 6, 5, 5, 1, 1, 6, 2, 1, 2, 1
MD


To Dodge or RWP (as applicable):
Dodges [+8]: 1d20+8 = 11:
3
, 1d20+8 = 13:
5
, 1d20+8 = 22:
14
, 1d20+8 = 10:
2

RWP [+4]: 1d20+4 = 10:
6
, 1d20+4 = 18:
14
, 1d20+4 = 21:
17
, 1d20+4 = 21:
17



Missile.Ordinance Tracking
Ship: 50/64 Plasma LRMs (-6=44)
CTT-M20 Missile Rifle: 10/20


Erg Eval
I know Erg's doing useful stuff with the lightning, but Lahz can't really know about those things (which tend to be very intelligently indirect)
Lahz D'Gemmel
OOC Comments
ISP: 191/191
PPE: 22/22
HP: 32/32
SDC: 26/26

Worn:
NG RA5 Arrow Ride Armor
MD by Loc: Helmet: 35/35, Main Body: 30/30
Arms: [L] 14/14 . [R] 14/14 & Legs: [L] 18/18 . [R] 18/18

N-F50A Superheavy Force Field - Not Active
M.D.C.: 160/160

Weapons: Wilk's 325 "Mariner" Pulse Pistol 2D8 MD or 4D8 MD, 900'

Other: Drone Command Gauntlet (NG2 pg 245) [Left Forearm, 10 MD, 5 Mile Wireless Range], Vibro-Knife [1d6 MD], Laser Eavesdropping Device, Multitool, Talismans from Vheld (several)

Accompanied by Ray the Droid (( NG-B50 ‘Thunderer’ BigBore Combat Hammer, Wilks Laser Sword & NG-SE9 Sharpshooter ))
User avatar
Lahz
Group Leader
 
Posts: 407
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:38 am
Location: Rifts: Spook Squad

Re: Crimean Wolves #2: This is Crimea

Postby Vinograd » Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:05 pm

Perception: 1d20+1 = 2:
1

Just in Case: 1d20:
3
/
Conditions: Shadow Meld, Metamorphosis (1/4 size Royal Frilled Dragon)

P.P.E.: 140/140
I.S.P.: 100/96
M.D.C.: 432/397

Initiative: 1d20+2 = 7:
5

Number of Attacks: 5

Action One: Cast Armor of Ithan (10 P.P.E.; 40 M.D.C. 4 minutes.)
Action Two: Claw at mutants. (Strike: 1d20+3 = 23:
20
Nat 20!; Damage: 4d6:
4, 1, 4, 6
M.D. (Crit: 30 M.D.))
Action Three: Claw at mutants. (Strike: 1d20+3 = 10:
7
; Damage: 4d6:
5, 2, 5, 6
M.D.)
Action Four: Claw at mutants. (Strike: 1d20+3 = 17:
14
; Damage: 4d6:
4, 1, 3, 1
M.D.)
Action Five: Claw at mutants. (Strike: 1d20+3 = 10:
7
; Damage: 4d6:
2, 4, 1, 1
M.D.)

Parries as needed: 1d20+6 = 18:
12
, 1d20+6 = 26:
20
, 1d20+6 = 21:
15
, 1d20+6 = 7:
1
, 1d20+6 = 12:
6
.

Vinograd laughs uncontrollably, reveling in the joy of battle, even if it's with mutants. This is the life, fighting monsters and living life. Not being stupid, Vinograd quickly spits out a quatrain and gestures with his long-taloned feet to create a basic protection spell. Vinograd jumps back into the thick of it clawing at mutants with a fury. Those watching him, would likely think he was either enjoying himself or was completely mad... likely both. When the mutants strike at Vino, he attempts to slap their attacks away but trusts in his armor to take some of the damage.
Vinograd
"We are a product of our upbringing, not of our genetics." Vinograd
M.D.C.: 422/422
P.P.E.: 129/129
I.S.P.: 88/88
User avatar
Vinograd
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 82
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:23 pm
Location: Spook Squad PC

Re: Crimean Wolves #2: This is Crimea

Postby Whisper » Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:14 am

Perception: 1d20+2 = 20:
18

Just in Case d20: 1d20:
3
;JIC d100: 1d100:
77


Wheeling her powered armor around in triumph, Whisper dives to make a pass on the cyborgs closing on the group. Still outnumbered. Not so great.
"Now would be a great time for someone to hit 'em with a bunch of missiles.", she utters over the radio.

She tries to line the cyborgs up as best she can, firing again and again as she flies past, then banks hard to try and rejoin the team.

Initiative 1d20+5 = 22:
17

# of Actions: 8

Action 1: break off from the downed aircraft
Action 2: shoot the nearest baddie: strike 1d20+4 = 23:
19
, damage 2d4*10 = 70:
3, 4

Action 3: shoot the nearest baddie: strike 1d20+4 = 12:
8
, damage 2d4*10 = 40:
2, 2

Action 4: shoot the nearest baddie: strike 1d20+4 = 5:
1
, damage 2d4*10 = 40:
1, 3

Action 5: shoot the nearest baddie: strike 1d20+4 = 10:
6
, damage 2d4*10 = 50:
4, 1

Action 6: shoot the nearest baddie: strike 1d20+4 = 22:
18
, damage 2d4*10 = 60:
3, 3

Action 7: shoot the nearest baddie: strike 1d20+4 = 11:
7
, damage 2d4*10 = 30:
1, 2

Action 8: shoot the nearest baddie: strike 1d20+4 = 11:
7
, damage 2d4*10 = 30:
1, 2


auto dodge rolls: 1d20+4 = 6:
2
, 1d20+4 = 24:
20
, 1d20+4 = 23:
19
, 1d20+4 = 22:
18
, 1d20+4 = 8:
4
, 1d20+4 = 8:
4
, 1d20+4 = 14:
10
, 1d20+4 = 5:
1
Whisper
H.P.: 32/32
S.D.C.: 50/50

Mecha-Knight main body 400/400
Forcefield 160/160
User avatar
Whisper
 
Posts: 221
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:00 am

Re: Crimean Wolves #2: This is Crimea

Postby Vheld » Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:01 pm

Initiative: 1d20:
16

JIC: 1d20:
6
, 1d100:
98

PER: 1d20+7 = 14:
7

APM: 7

Vheld Conditions
- Fly as the Eagle (425m45s remaining, +1p, +2d in flight).
- Invincible Armor (75m30s remaining, 225/225 MDC, 1/2 damage from energy, -15% to physical skills, fully environmental, regen 1d6 MDC/melee).
- Nexus Proximity (3x spell range, duration, damage; can draw 20 PPE/melee; +2 save vs. magic/HF; +1 spell strength (opponents now need 17+ to save vs. Vheld's magic).
- Impervious to energy (Vheld/Brokswa; 51m30s remaining).
- Chromatic protection (Vheld/Brokswa; 24m30s remaining, failed save = blind, -10s/p/d, -4I for 1d4*3 melees, half duration for lesser supernatural).
- Charismatic Aura (40m00s remaining; Friendship/Trust invoked, Vheld gets +8 to PB, affects 180ft. radius).
- Overcharged PPE (21m30s remaining).
- Tongues (80m45s remaining, understands/speaks all languages at 98%)
- X-ray vision (29m45s remaining, PFRPG P. 203)


”Brokswa” Vheld growls ”Thin them out and pull back.” As he watches the oncoming horde, Vheld thinks to himself We don’t have time for this. Just then, Lahz’s radio transmission to Whisper announcing ground reinforcements comes on the comm.- and a savage smile comes over Vheld’s face. Two birds, one stone then. At least it will give the Russians something else to think about. Pulling energies from one of his spheres, Vheld begins an intricate incantation.

Action 1: Vheld gets on the radio and replies, "Stay clear, Ace. Sending help now. Sort of. Get a headcount of their numbers."
Actions 2-4: Cast Teleport: Superior, on as many of the oncoming mutants as possible (up to 9,000 pounds' worth), sending them outside the entrance to the spore. Vheld has seen the area (so should be able to target it precisely), and will try to get them to materialize as close to where he thinks the Russians will be approaching from as possible (getting more detail from Lahz over the radio if need be) ((-600 PPE)); roll for success is 1d100:
72
(vs. 99% since Vheld has physically been to the target location).

((OOC: My read on the spell is that Vheld doesn't have to go with them, so that's the plan, but SNAFU if you rule otherwise that's fine.))

Actions 5-7: For any that remain, Vheld will fire lightning bolts from his staff.
Strike rolls (+2 not included): 3d20:
1, 19, 4

Damage: 6d6*3 = 78:
5, 5, 1, 4, 5, 6
, 6d6*3 = 78:
6, 2, 1, 5, 6, 6
, 6d6*3 = 57:
3, 6, 3, 5, 1, 1


Auto-parries with staff (+9 not included)- 9d20:
5, 19, 19, 17, 17, 7, 11, 16, 13


Brokswa
Initiative: 1d20+5 = 16:
11

JIC: 1d20:
8
, 1d100:
20

PER: 1d20:
8

APM: 10
Conditions
- Invincible Armor (62m45s remaining, 170/225 MDC remaining, 1/2 damage from energy, -15% to physical skills, fully environmental, regen 1d6 MDC/melee).
- Nexus Proximity (3x spell range, duration, damage; can draw 20 PPE/melee; +2 save vs. magic/HF; +1 spell strength.

Armor regeneration- 1d6:
4


Brokswa was just starting to enjoy the battle, but he heeds Vheld's command with a growl and stops short of getting too much into the thick of things. He will summon a plasma field to bar the mutants' way (without touching Vino), and if it starts burning the walls of the spore so much the better.

Actions 1-2: Create plasma field (will dispel it after the teleport).
Actions 3-10: Plasma bolts on any mutants that make it through/are left behind.
Strike rolls (not including +4): 8d20:
18, 11, 5, 4, 5, 19, 10, 8

Damage: 5d6:
3, 5, 1, 4, 6
, 5d6:
5, 1, 6, 3, 6
, 5d6:
4, 6, 4, 4, 5
, 5d6:
2, 3, 3, 5, 3
, 5d6:
3, 1, 4, 5, 5
, 5d6:
1, 4, 1, 2, 4
, 5d6:
1, 3, 6, 6, 1
, 5d6:
5, 5, 2, 1, 3
.

Auto-parries (+10 not included): 10d20:
19, 17, 6, 14, 19, 16, 19, 19, 6, 14


Outside (I assume the nexus affects all of these)
Storm Conditions
- Affects 15 mile area for 7.5 hours.
- Torrential downpour of 4 inches of rain per hour, causing flooding.
- Flooded roads immobilize all ground vehicles.
- Poor visibility slows travel by half.
- Winds gust up to 35MPH, hail does 1d6SDC to buildings, trees, etc. once every half-hour.
- People are drenched in two melees.
- At sea storm can lash up waves of 6-8 feet.
- Note: Aside from area of effect and duration, does not account for possible boosts from the nexus.
Sandstorm
-Lasts 12 minutes, affects 60 foot area (targeting the plane)
- Visual distance reduced to 5 feet
- Penalties for unprotected eyes/flesh
- Radar and motion detectors temporarily obliterated
- Hearing reduced by half
- Speed reduced by 75%
Earth Rumble
- Lasts three minutes, affects 90 foot area
- Save vs. HF 14 or higher (not sure if spell strength bonus applies to this, but if it does HF 15 or higher); usual penalties for failed save vs. HF
- If failed save, 60% chance a person will flee, 85% chance an animal will
River of Ice
- Lasts 15 minutes, river is 300 ft. long by 120 ft. wide by 75 ft. deep
- Can dodge the river before it hits at -3, otherwise no saving throw
- 9d6 MDC per melee round due to cold, plus effects of hypothermia
- -25% to swimming skill, swim speed reduced by 75%


Bel'Dar
Initiative: 1d20+6 = 26:
20

JIC: 1d20:
3
, 1d100:
22

PER: 1d20+2 = 8:
6

APM: 6

Conditions
- Invincible Armor (75m30s remaining, 225/225 MDC, 1/2 damage from energy, -15% to physical skills, fully environmental, regen 1d6 MDC/melee).
- Nexus Proximity (3x spell range, duration, damage; can draw 20 PPE/melee; +2 save vs. magic/HF; +1 spell strength.

Bel'Dar will continue to fly defensively, keeping well clear (ideally, out of sight) of the ground forces and harassing them from a distance with its magic.

Action 1: Cast earth rumble on the approaching Russian ground forces ((-10 PPE))
Action 2: Cast another sandstorm on the ground forces ((-15 PPE))
Action 3: Top off PPE by drawing from the nexus ((+20 PPE)).
Actions 4-6: Claw attacks if needed.
Strike (add +4): 3d20:
13, 9, 13

Damage: 2d6:
5, 6
, 2d6:
1, 6
, 2d6:
4, 4


Auto-dodges (+8 not included): 6d20:
10, 17, 13, 19, 3, 8


Slithn
Initiative: 1d20+3 = 16:
13

JIC: 1d20:
20
, 1d100:
73

PER: 1d20:
20

APM: 4

Conditions
- Nexus proximity (can draw 1d6+1 ISP per melee, range/duration doubled, damage increased by two dice)

ISP from nexus: 1d6+1 = 3:
2


Exhausted and still in a bit of a bad mood, Slithn will take her sweet time rejoining the team.

Sshir
Initiative: 1d20:
12

JIC: 1d20:
3
, 1d100:
11

PER: 1d20:
4

APM: 5

Conditions
- Invincible Armor (62m45s remaining, 225/225 MDC remaining, 1/2 damage from energy, -15% to physical skills, fully environmental, regen 1d6 MDC/melee).
- Nexus Proximity (3x spell range, duration, damage; can draw 20 PPE/melee; +2 save vs. magic/HF; +1 spell strength.

Ground forces, Sshir can deal with. He will cast a spell to turn the area through which the Russians are advancing into a river of ice, replenish his energies from the sphere Vheld gave him, then cast a few more frozen blasts on the oncoming Russian forces.

Actions 1-2: Cast River of Ice (Dyval, P. 59) ((-50 PPE))
Action 3: Top off from energy sphere ((+114 PPE))
Actions 4-5: Sshir will still hang back and cast a few more frozen blasts ((-13 PPE each)).

Strike rolls: 2d20:
7, 1

Damage: 9d4:
3, 2, 3, 1, 4, 3, 3, 1, 2
, 9d4:
2, 4, 3, 3, 4, 1, 1, 3, 4


All minions and Vheld will reactivate their talismans of invincible armor if necessary.
Leave me alone.
Spell Strength +5 (victims need 17 or better to save vs. Vheld's incantations)
Automatically sense Vampires (1000 ft/100% chance to recognize on sight), Rifts (550 miles), and Ley Lines (85%, 100 miles; +10% for nexuses); Sustained (8d remaining)
PPE: 329/329 (Vheld), 83/83 (Sil), 200/200 (Slithn). ISP: 90/90 (Medallion), 230/230 (Slithn).
Talismans: 2/3 on Vheld IA; 2/3 on Sil IA and FatE; 2/3 on Sshir, IA
Weapon in Hand- TW Storm Staff.
User avatar
Vheld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 481
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:36 am
Location: Rifts PC (The Spook Squad)

Re: Crimean Wolves #2: This is Crimea

Postby Erg » Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:43 pm

Perception: 1d20+2 = 7:
5
(Additional +3 Involving Magic , Machines , or their Combination)
JIC: 1d20:
7
, 1d100:
77


Current
Conditions
  • Sustain : 286h 40m 15s: No need Eat, Drink, Breath , Only ~2h sleep per 24 hour period.
  • ETA to Warlord Sokolov's whole island 'purge' : 3h 45m 15s
  • Updraft TW Shoes : 12m 30s Run on Air Max Spd 50 Max Altitude 1,000 ft ... Currently Hovering ~1 foot off the ground.
  • MA-2 MDC MainBody50 Leg50e Arm45e Head40 : 7m 30s Breath Without Air , Cleanse , Armor of Ithan (Fire, Lightning, Cold do 1/2 Dmg) MDC 50 Remaining
  • Energy Field Sphere Around Self : 18m MDC 180 Remaining
  • Nexus Proximity : 3x spell range, duration, damage , Can Drawl 20 PPE/melee


Initiative: 1d20:
13

APM:5

Erg continues to channel the energies of the nexus to call down mystically enhanced lightning bolts on advancing enemy targets.

APM-1,2: Continue to use the previous modified Multi-Tool into a Weather Sensor as the Tech Focus Item to Call down Magically Enhanced Lightning Bolt as ordered for 'suppression fire of anything that gets near'. (-15PPE)
Range 300ft x 3Nexus = 900 Feet Range
Damage 1d6 per level x Lv6 = 6d6 (nexus 3x damage) = 18d6:
4, 6, 2, 1, 1, 2, 6, 6, 6, 5, 1, 2, 6, 2, 3, 1, 5, 2
MD

APM-3,4: Continue to use the previous modified Multi-Tool into a Weather Sensor as the Tech Focus Item to Call down Magically Enhanced Lightning Bolt as ordered for 'suppression fire of anything that gets near'. (-15PPE)
Range 300ft x 3Nexus = 900 Feet Range
Damage 1d6 per level x Lv6 = 6d6 (nexus 3x damage) = 18d6:
4, 4, 3, 2, 1, 1, 4, 1, 3, 6, 5, 5, 6, 1, 2, 6, 5, 2
MD

APM-5: Reserved for defense as needed:
Relocate behind cover .. or .. recast protective energy field .. Dodge 1d20+2 = 21:
19
.. Roll 1d20+2 = 22:
20
.. Etc.

- - - - -
Although the no save and no dodge etc of the spell reads like an automatic hit .. Bellow are some d20 rolls if a roll to strike is needed.
1d20:
19
+Whatever applicable modifiers are.
1d20:
8
+Whatever applicable modifiers are.

+20Nexus - 15CallLightning -15CallLightning = -10PPE anticipated for the round.
- - - - -
Last edited by Erg on Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Erg Flux
Status
HP(34) .. SDC(20) .. ISP(58) .. PPE(144/144) .. Sustain Sleep2Hr/day no eat,drink,breath (7d)
•On Person Gear, Utility Belt, Miniature PPE(180) Battery Regen10/hr , Updraft TW Shoes 8PPE 30m 50Spd
•(VS)VehicleStopper 300ft 6d6MD+KnockBack Amo1 (1reload take 4 actions)
•MiserShard 2d6MDC/SDC , Wielder heals damage dealt PFWE-p.156 , Damage Doesn't Heal Normally PFWE-p.156
•MDC Executive Business Suit Coat MDC 8 Mods: Naruni Forcefield 160MDC 12hrs regen4/min , TW Energy Conversion Field 10PPE 14min
•MDC Executive Slacks MDC 3 Dimensional Pockets : FR 41 norm VS Rounds , FL VS itself & 10 TW enhanced VS Rounds additional 9ft radius +7d4 fireball
•WingBoard Crescent 5PPE 60MPH (120leyline) VTOL 160MDC Bonuses: +2Int, +3d , +1s, +20% Piloting Skill Checks
User avatar
Erg
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 359
Joined: Sun Apr 06, 2014 2:21 am
Location: Rifts Earth: Spook Squad Bound

Re: Crimean Wolves #2: This is Crimea

Postby Carl » Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:44 pm

Perception: 1d20+7 = 19:
12

JIC D20:1d20:
11
; D100: 1d100:
44


Condition: Activated: Motion Detector (40ft);Amplified Hearing (range 360ft) +3 init; Sound Suppression System; Enchanted Earring: Protection against all types of Fire (including magical); Telescopic (4-8x30 magnification, range 6000ft); (Sunglasses)Impervious to Energy talisman, 1 use remaining (lv5) Not activated: Thermal Imaging (range 3000ft); Armband: Time Slip talisman, 3 uses remaining, (lvl 5); Enchanted Earring - Casts Invisibility: Simple (4x/day (3 remaining), 15 min duration)
SNAFU wrote:The mutant is dispatched with cold efficiency as a single kill shot destroys the majority of it's head. The shot draws the attention of yet more freakish things and the tunnel ahead fills with a dozen or so deformed abominations. Brokswa and Vino move to engage, while Carl throws entangles the leaders in a magic net. Vheld observes the creatures and finds he cannot determine what they were originally. They are obviously the former inhabitants of the many cell-like hollows that line the wall. Presumably if Minerva had stayed inside much longer she would likely have been corrupted.

Carl observes the newcomers to the party. *Next time I will remember to count the number of empty cells. That was a wasted grenade; definitely have to look into seeing if they have any that catch multiple subjects.*
Vheld wrote:Vheld gets on the radio and replies, "Stay clear, Ace. Sending help now. Sort of. Get a headcount of their numbers."
Cast Teleport: Superior, on as many of the oncoming mutants as possible (up to 9,000 pounds' worth), sending them outside the entrance to the spore.

Carl pauses for a second as he waits to see the result of whatever spell Vheld is casting. If any are left after the spell, Cast will fire duel particle beams at them.

Initiative: 1d20+7 = 21:
14

APM: 8
1 - Fire dual particle beam at remaining creatures (if any) 1d20+7 = 9:
2
; Damage: 1d6*10 = 30:
3
MD
2 - Fire dual particle beam at remaining creatures (if any) 1d20+7 = 14:
7
; Damage: 1d6*10 = 40:
4
MD
3 - Fire dual particle beam at remaining creatures (if any) 1d20+7 = 10:
3
; Damage: 1d6*10 = 20:
2
MD
4 - Fire dual particle beam at remaining creatures (if any) 1d20+7 = 25:
18
; Damage: 1d6*10 = 40:
4
MD
5 - Fire dual particle beam at remaining creatures (if any) 1d20+7 = 18:
11
; Damage: 1d6*10 = 40:
4
MD
6 - Fire dual particle beam at remaining creatures (if any) 1d20+7 = 26:
19
; Damage: 1d6*10 = 10:
1
MD
7 - Fire dual particle beam at remaining creatures (if any) 1d20+7 = 11:
4
; Damage: 1d6*10 = 10:
1
MD
8 - Fire dual particle beam at remaining creatures (if any) 1d20+7 = 23:
16
; Damage: 1d6*10 = 10:
1
MD
Carl
Constant Effects
MDC: Main Body200/200;
Amplified Hearing (range 360ft) +3 init;
Armor: Shadow Armor
• Attackers are -5 to strike the wearer in darkness
• M.D.C: Main body 400/400
Force Field: N-F50A Superheavy 160/160
Weapon in Hand: Duel Concealed Palm Energy Generators - Particle Beams:
☞ Mega-Damage: 5d6 MD per single blast, a duel simultaneous blast inflicts 1d6x10 MD
Weapons: Duel Rune-Daisho Swords (hilts have wrist straps to secure them when used)
☞ The power of the Battle Fury can be summoned by the wielder of these swords. Both swords must be present for the power to work. (3 times per 24 hours))
☞ Katana: 5D6 S.D.C./H.P. to mortal foes, 5d6 M.D. to M.D.C. foes and 8D6 M.D. to supernatural beings.
☞ Wakazashi: 3D6 S.D.C./H.P. to mortal foes, 3d6 M.D. to M.D.C. foes and 5D6 M.D. to supernatural beings. (Can cure wounds and bestow 5d6 HP and 5d6 sdc (or 4d6 mdc) at the same time (3 times per 24 hours))
Flight: Jet Pack[/size]
User avatar
Carl
 
Posts: 677
Joined: Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:09 pm
Location: Rifts PC (The Spook Squad)

Re: Crimean Wolves #2: This is Crimea

Postby Minerva » Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:16 pm

Perception: 1d20:
6

JIC: 1d20:
4
/1d100:
44


Vheld wrote:Perhaps unintentionally, he continues in spanish. "We are, more or less, and yes we do hunt those responsible for this place and, I imagine, your own imprisonment. Unless you bear allegiance to one of the Warlords outside, which seems unlikely, you may come with us. I suggest you walk with me."

Replying in Spanish, Minerva says "Warlords? I know not of Warlords." Sticking close to Vheld, she watches the battle continue and decides to lend a helping hand. Unsheathing her Laser Sword, she waits for an opening and then when the time is right, activates her Psychic Body Field and Laser Sword (Duration: 15+5d6 = 31:
4, 4, 1, 3, 4
)
, following it up by slashing at the mutants. What are these creatures?
Skills
Lore: D-Bee: 1d100:
82
/36%

However, if they disappear due to Vheld's spell, she will refrain from creating the body field or activating the laser sword.

Initiative: 1d20+2 = 10:
8

APM: 5
Action 1: Activate Psychic Body Field.
Action 2: Activate Laser Sword.
Action 3: Slash at closest mutant. Strike: 1d20+10 = 20:
10
. Damage: 5d6:
6, 3, 2, 2, 5

Action 4: Slash at closest mutant. Strike: 1d20+10 = 11:
1
. Damage: 5d6:
4, 1, 4, 3, 1

Action 5: Slash at closest mutant. Strike: 1d20+10 = 24:
14
. Damage: 5d6:
2, 3, 5, 5, 4


Conditions
Wilks Laser Sword:
  • Duration 31/31 minutes
.
Psychic Body Field:
  • Duration - 6/6 minutes
  • 30/30 MDC
Grace Minerva
Ledger

  • I.S.P.: 390
  • H.P.: 109
  • S.D.C.: 177
  • M.D.C.: 286 (during Supernatural Transformation)

Image
User avatar
Minerva
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 157
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:55 pm

Re: Crimean Wolves #2: This is Crimea

Postby SNAFU » Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:19 pm

TIME & DATE: 19:53,
CLIMATE: Ice & Sand Storm!!!
VISIBILITY: Ice & Sand Storm!!!
TERRAIN: rocky, barren, wasteland, no vegetation
LOCATION : The western Crimean Highlands, 3 miles from the coast.
LEY LINE: Almost on top of a Nexus.


Outside

All spells are cast as intended. All missiles strike as intended.

The ground shakes beneath their feet, a river of ice swallows most of them and the rest are wiped out with the arrival of Lahz' missile volley. They manage to bite back before their passing however and Whisper suffers -160MD from 3 separate HE missile volleys.

Erg's lightning puts an end to the last of the scout who had been creeping forward throughout the battle.

The sky hums with the roar of another retaliation volley of 10 LRM missiles. 5 are shot down but the rest strike, with Lahz at ground zero. He rolls with the strike but is still hammered by the blast he takes damage heavy damage over his entire machine. (-200 Main body, -40 the 5 major extremities)

Erg does his best to avoid it but takes -140MD.

And yet behind the river of ice, and the smoke and flames from the missiles another line of Borgs marches forward. And the sound of incoming missiles, having been fired from miles away, can be heard through the havoc.

Suddenly a group of ten mutant things appears between the Spooks and the river of ice. They are confused for a moment but when they spot the Spore they know exactly where they want to go. When they spot Lahz they beeline for his position.

Inside

All spells are cast as intended, all shots are fired. The teleportation trick works like a charm and the majority of the mob is sent outside. Vinograd presents the largest foe to attack
all of which he avoids. The remaining mutants are cut down in short order.

The way forward is open and it will lead them along the ever-widening chamber until they see the opening of what must be a great chamber. From inside come the grunts and howls of yet more mutants.


WHATCHADO?
SNAFU
 

Re: Crimean Wolves #2: This is Crimea

Postby Erg » Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:25 pm

Perception: 1d20+2 = 4:
2
(Additional +3 Involving Magic , Machines , or their Combination)
JIC: 1d20:
19
, 1d100:
18


Current
Conditions
  • Sustain : 286h 40m 0s: No need Eat, Drink, Breath , Only ~2h sleep per 24 hour period.
  • ETA to Warlord Sokolov's whole island 'purge' : 3h 45m 0s
  • Updraft TW Shoes : 12m 15s Run on Air Max Spd 50 Max Altitude 1,000 ft ... Currently Hovering ~1 foot off the ground.
  • MA-2 MDC MainBody50 Leg50e Arm45e Head40 : 7m 15s Breath Without Air , Cleanse , Armor of Ithan (Fire, Lightning, Cold do 1/2 Dmg) MDC 50 Remaining
  • Energy Field Sphere Around Self : 17m 45s MDC 40 Remaining
  • Nexus Proximity : 3x spell range, duration, damage , Can Drawl 20 PPE/melee


As Erg gets rocked by the massive attack ..
OOC Comments
the 140MD of damage deducted .. 180-140 = 40 remaining in the current Energy Field .. I assumed the 'tried to avoid it' meant Erg spent his 5th action last round trying to dodge it , but his total roll to dodge of 21 just wasn't good enough .. and he failed to dodge. :(


Erg considers , Thank goodness for this Ley Line Nexus .. but even with it's mystic enhancement .. We seem to just be holding position for the moment .. but only because of the combination of storm interference , and such .. I'm not sure how much progress we are making .. I can feel I'm burning through mystic energy faster than it's coming in from the Nexus .. I don't know how long we will be able to hold this position .. I hope Vheld comes out with plenty of mystic energy to portal us away .. or we are going to be in some really sad shape.

Initiative: 1d20:
8

APM:5

With the continuous punishment Erg is taking his 1st task is to renew his mystic defenses .. then , Erg continues to channel the energies of the nexus to call down mystically enhanced lightning bolts on advancing enemy targets.

APM:1: Using his MA-2's TW-Force field as the tech focus item .. Erg renews his defensive energy field spell. (-10PPE) 60MDCx3 Nexus= 180MDC .. 1m per lv x Lv 6 = 6m x 3 Nexus = 18m

APM-2,3: Continue to use the previous modified Multi-Tool into a Weather Sensor as the Tech Focus Item to Call down Magically Enhanced Lightning Bolt as ordered for 'suppression fire of anything that gets near'. (-15PPE)
Range 300ft x 3Nexus = 900 Feet Range
Damage 1d6 per level x Lv6 = 6d6 (nexus 3x damage) = 18d6:
6, 5, 6, 4, 5, 6, 5, 5, 3, 2, 2, 4, 1, 3, 4, 3, 1, 1
MD

APM-4,5: Continue to use the previous modified Multi-Tool into a Weather Sensor as the Tech Focus Item to Call down Magically Enhanced Lightning Bolt as ordered for 'suppression fire of anything that gets near'. (-15PPE)
Range 300ft x 3Nexus = 900 Feet Range
Damage 1d6 per level x Lv6 = 6d6 (nexus 3x damage) = 18d6:
1, 5, 1, 5, 3, 2, 6, 4, 5, 4, 4, 5, 5, 1, 5, 6, 1, 1
MD

- - - - -
Although the no save and no dodge etc of the spell reads like an automatic hit .. Bellow are some d20 rolls if a roll to strike is needed.
1d20:
1
+Whatever applicable modifiers are.
1d20:
10
+Whatever applicable modifiers are.

+20Nexus - 10 Renew Energy Field - 15 Call Lightning -15 Call Lightning = -20PPE anticipated for the round.
Erg Flux
Status
HP(34) .. SDC(20) .. ISP(58) .. PPE(144/144) .. Sustain Sleep2Hr/day no eat,drink,breath (7d)
•On Person Gear, Utility Belt, Miniature PPE(180) Battery Regen10/hr , Updraft TW Shoes 8PPE 30m 50Spd
•(VS)VehicleStopper 300ft 6d6MD+KnockBack Amo1 (1reload take 4 actions)
•MiserShard 2d6MDC/SDC , Wielder heals damage dealt PFWE-p.156 , Damage Doesn't Heal Normally PFWE-p.156
•MDC Executive Business Suit Coat MDC 8 Mods: Naruni Forcefield 160MDC 12hrs regen4/min , TW Energy Conversion Field 10PPE 14min
•MDC Executive Slacks MDC 3 Dimensional Pockets : FR 41 norm VS Rounds , FL VS itself & 10 TW enhanced VS Rounds additional 9ft radius +7d4 fireball
•WingBoard Crescent 5PPE 60MPH (120leyline) VTOL 160MDC Bonuses: +2Int, +3d , +1s, +20% Piloting Skill Checks
User avatar
Erg
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 359
Joined: Sun Apr 06, 2014 2:21 am
Location: Rifts Earth: Spook Squad Bound

Re: Crimean Wolves #2: This is Crimea

Postby Vheld » Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:18 pm

Initiative: 1d20:
19

JIC: 1d20:
17
, 1d100:
37

PER: 1d20+7 = 9:
2

APM: 7
Conditions
- Fly as the Eagle (424m45s remaining, +1p, +2d in flight).
- Invincible Armor (74m30s remaining, 225/225 MDC, 1/2 damage from energy, -15% to physical skills, fully environmental, regen 1d6 MDC/melee).
- Nexus Proximity (3x spell range, duration, damage; can draw 20 PPE/melee; +2 save vs. magic/HF; +1 spell strength (opponents now need 17+ to save vs. Vheld's magic).
- Impervious to energy (Vheld/Brokswa; 50m30s remaining).
- Chromatic protection (Vheld/Brokswa; 23m30s remaining, failed save = blind, -10s/p/d, -4I for 1d4*3 melees, half duration for lesser supernatural).
- Charismatic Aura (39m00s remaining; Friendship/Trust invoked, Vheld gets +8 to PB, affects 180ft. radius).
- Overcharged PPE (20m30s remaining).
- Tongues (79m45s remaining, understands/speaks all languages at 98%)
- X-ray vision (28m45s remaining, PFRPG P. 203)
Warrior Horde
- 180 in total (90 heading outside, 90 into the spore).
- 13m30s remaining.
- MDC 66 each.
- IQ 7, PS 28, PP 21, PE 28, Spd 21; all attributes supernatural.
- Impervious to pain, poison, cold, heat, and fear.
- HF of 12.
- Does 3d6 MD with their axes (unless the nexus modifier applies, which I think it does- in which case damage is 9d6).
- +2 initiative; +3 strike, parry, and dodge


With the immediate threats neutralized, Vheld continues forward- but only until he can hear the sounds of the mutants ahead of them. Stifling a sigh, the shifter comes to a halt and concentrates- using his x-ray vision to peer into the chamber ahead.

Assuming that there are more mutants in there than the current group can deal with quickly, Vheld turns to Carl. "I think the time has come for drastic measures. Everyone keep back but be ready to move quickly."

One of the energy spheres behind Vheld abruptly winks out as the shifter draws a mammoth amount of energy to begin weaving a complicated spell. Several long seconds later, Vheld casts Warrior Horde ((-1100 PPE)). The chamber is immediately filled to the brim with over 100 miniature (4ft tall) Atlantean Hoplites (each armed with an axe).

Vheld begins issuing orders. Pointing imperiously to the chamber ahead of them, Vheld says "Half of you go in there- destroy any creatures you see save those of us currently in this room." After the first 90 warriors march off, Vheld turns to the other half "Proceed outside at once- destroy anything living that bears the taint of Morogot, and all of the metal troopers marching to attack the entrance to this place."

With his horde dispatched, Vheld will wait a minute for the combat inside the great chamber to get going. Once it sounds like the mutants are sufficiently engaged, Vheld will say nonchalantly "Shall we?" If they move into the chamber, Vheld will rise into the air as high as he conveniently can and fire lightning bolts at any mutants that get too close to the group.

Strike rolls (add +2): 7d20:
15, 16, 13, 19, 4, 15, 4

Damage: 12d6:
2, 3, 6, 3, 5, 4, 3, 6, 2, 3, 4, 5
, 12d6:
6, 3, 5, 6, 3, 3, 3, 2, 4, 6, 3, 3
, 12d6:
4, 3, 5, 4, 5, 5, 4, 4, 6, 4, 1, 3
, 12d6:
6, 2, 4, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 4, 6, 3, 4
, 12d6:
4, 5, 3, 4, 1, 4, 4, 1, 5, 1, 6, 5
, 12d6:
6, 1, 6, 6, 1, 6, 6, 1, 6, 5, 2, 1
, 12d6:
1, 1, 6, 6, 1, 2, 4, 1, 4, 1, 1, 6


Auto-parries with staff (add +9): 7d20:
19, 7, 1, 6, 14, 15, 14


Brokswa
Initiative: 1d20+5 = 13:
8

JIC: 1d20:
19
, 1d100:
70

PER: 1d20:
5
Conditions
- Invincible Armor (61m45s remaining, 174/225 MDC remaining, 1/2 damage from energy, -15% to physical skills, fully environmental, regen 1d6 MDC/melee).
- Nexus Proximity (3x spell range, duration, damage; can draw 20 PPE/melee; +2 save vs. magic/HF; +1 spell strength.

Armor regeneration- 1d6:
4


Actions 1-10: Brokswa will follow Vheld and fire plasma bolts at any mutants unduly threatening.

Strike rolls (add +4): 10d20:
5, 5, 1, 7, 4, 18, 1, 4, 8, 11

Damage: 5d6:
1, 4, 1, 3, 4
, 5d6:
2, 3, 3, 6, 1
, 5d6:
3, 3, 4, 2, 2
, 5d6:
3, 4, 2, 6, 1
, 5d6:
6, 3, 5, 6, 2
, 5d6:
3, 2, 4, 6, 1
, 5d6:
4, 1, 5, 1, 3
, 5d6:
3, 6, 1, 1, 1
, 5d6:
6, 2, 6, 6, 6
, 5d6:
3, 6, 6, 1, 4
.

Auto-parries with Al Bolga (add +10): 10d20:
12, 19, 5, 15, 10, 17, 16, 15, 11, 6


Outside (I assume the nexus affects all of these)
Storm Conditions
- Affects 15 mile area for 7.5 hours.
- Torrential downpour of 4 inches of rain per hour, causing flooding.
- Flooded roads immobilize all ground vehicles.
- Poor visibility slows travel by half.
- Winds gust up to 35MPH, hail does 1d6SDC to buildings, trees, etc. once every half-hour.
- People are drenched in two melees.
- At sea storm can lash up waves of 6-8 feet.
- Note: Aside from area of effect and duration, does not account for possible boosts from the nexus.
Sandstorm
-Lasts 12 minutes, affects 60 foot area (targeting the plane)
- Visual distance reduced to 5 feet
- Penalties for unprotected eyes/flesh
- Radar and motion detectors temporarily obliterated
- Hearing reduced by half
- Speed reduced by 75%
Earth Rumble
- Lasts three minutes, affects 90 foot area
- Save vs. HF 14 or higher (not sure if spell strength bonus applies to this, but if it does HF 15 or higher); usual penalties for failed save vs. HF
- If failed save, 60% chance a person will flee, 85% chance an animal will
River of Ice
- Lasts 15 minutes, river is 300 ft. long by 120 ft. wide by 75 ft. deep
- Can dodge the river before it hits at -3, otherwise no saving throw
- 9d6 MDC per melee round due to cold, plus effects of hypothermia
- -25% to swimming skill, swim speed reduced by 75%

Bel'Dar
Initiative: 1d20+6 = 7:
1

JIC: 1d20:
20
, 1d100:
17

PER: 1d20+2 = 20:
18

APM: 6
Conditions
- Invincible Armor (74m30s remaining, 225/225 MDC, 1/2 damage from energy, -15% to physical skills, fully environmental, regen 1d6 MDC/melee).
- Nexus Proximity (3x spell range, duration, damage; can draw 20 PPE/melee; +2 save vs. magic/HF; +1 spell strength.

Bel'Dar decides that someone should do something about those missiles before they start firing at it. It heads away from the spore in an attempt to locate their source (ideally remaining concealed in the storms while it does so). If it locates them, it will cast sandstorm again ((-15 PPE)).

Auto-dodges (add +8): 8d20:
12, 14, 6, 8, 19, 19, 20, 3


Slithn
JIC: 1d20:
12
, 1d100:
97

PER: 1d20:
5

APM: 4
Conditions
- Nexus proximity (can draw 1d6+1 ISP per melee, range/duration doubled, damage increased by two dice)

Slithn will follow Bel'Dar when she sees it, but will otherwise do nothing for now.

Sshir
Initiative: 1d20+3 = 23:
20

JIC: 1d20:
10
, 1d100:
47

PER: 1d20:
15

APM: 5
Conditions
- Invincible Armor (61m45s remaining, 225/225 MDC remaining, 1/2 damage from energy, -15% to physical skills, fully environmental, regen 1d6 MDC/melee).
- Nexus Proximity (3x spell range, duration, damage; can draw 20 PPE/melee; +2 save vs. magic/HF; +1 spell strength.

Sshir will cast another river of ice underneath the mutants, to at least slow them down. He will otherwise recharge and wait to see what the oncoming forces do.

Actions 1-2: Cast River of Ice (Dyval, P. 59) ((-50 PPE))
Action 3-4: Cast wall of ice- large enough for Lahz and everyone else to hide behind, and mostly (but not entirely) blocking off the entrance to the spore ((-20 PPE))
Action 5: Top off from energy sphere ((+70 PPE))

Contingent dodges- 1d20+4 = 17:
13
, 1d20+4 = 10:
6


All minions and Vheld will reactivate their talismans of invincible armor if necessary.
Leave me alone.
Spell Strength +5 (victims need 17 or better to save vs. Vheld's incantations)
Automatically sense Vampires (1000 ft/100% chance to recognize on sight), Rifts (550 miles), and Ley Lines (85%, 100 miles; +10% for nexuses); Sustained (8d remaining)
PPE: 329/329 (Vheld), 83/83 (Sil), 200/200 (Slithn). ISP: 90/90 (Medallion), 230/230 (Slithn).
Talismans: 2/3 on Vheld IA; 2/3 on Sil IA and FatE; 2/3 on Sshir, IA
Weapon in Hand- TW Storm Staff.
User avatar
Vheld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 481
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:36 am
Location: Rifts PC (The Spook Squad)

Re: Crimean Wolves #2: This is Crimea

Postby Echo » Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:02 pm

Perception: 1d20:
12
+3 = 15
JiC: 1d100:
77
// 1d20:
4

Skill Monkey Checks
Intelligence: 1d100:
51
/62% (Augment Critical Thinking)
Surveillance: 1d100:
2
(Crit)
/68% (Watch everything around him with his HUD, track the new sound)
Prowl: 1d100:
34
/58% (Hide in Plain sight, find suitable positions to use for cover if needed)
Concealment: 1d100:
48
/45% (Find good cover/hiding spots along the way if needed)
Detect Concealment: 1d100:
17
/53% (Determine if there are any enemies hiding)
Recognize Sounds and Voices: 1d100:
53
/53% (Voice Fluctuations and Distant Sounds)
Detect Ambush: 1d100:
3
(Crit)
/63% (As it sounds)
Trap/Mine Detection: 1d100:
47
/58% (As it sounds)


Vheld wrote:"I think the time has come for drastic measures. Everyone keep back but be ready to move quickly."


Echo nods his head slightly and reaffirms his weapon's readiness as he moves behind the column of demons. He will not engage anything until the demons have and will aim for stragglers and targets trying to slip past the demonic blockade of Vheld's minions.

Vheld wrote:"Shall we?"


Echo offers a wry yet unseen smile from beneath his armor and comments, "We shall, I can move ahead rather quietly if we need another route." Echo offers, continuing to brush or knock off any goop from his armor.

If Echo Engages the enemy;
Initiative: 1d20:
15
+9 = 24
APM: 8, 0 dedicated to dodge. (Relying on Force Field, hidden-ness and the demons)

Actions 1-3: Called, Aimed Shot on the nearest mutant. Don't get to close, big boy, I've got some nice big ones for you. Strike: 1d20:
15
+11 = 26 // Damage (Heavy): (2d4*10)+20 = 90:
4, 3

Actions 4-6: Called, Aimed Shot on the next mutant (or finish off first one). Don't give up now, I might miss... Strike: 1d20:
14
+11 = 25 // Damage (Heavy): (2d4*10)+20 = 90:
4, 3

Actions 7-8: Aimed Shot on next mutant (Or finish off one of the first two). Take another, on the house.. Strike: 1d20:
16
+10 = 26 // Damage (Heavy): (2d4*10)+20 = 60:
1, 3


If Echo does not engage and scouts ahead he will skirt any combat with the demons and try to remain unobtrusive while he looks for alternative routes, in which case all of his actions are dedicated to dodge.
Dodge: 1d20+7 = 12:
5
/ 1d20+7 = 8:
1
/ 1d20+7 = 16:
9
/ 1d20+7 = 9:
2
/ 1d20+7 = 14:
7
/ 1d20+7 = 11:
4
/ 1d20+7 = 16:
9
/ 1d20+7 = 11:
4
Echo, Professional Sharpshooter and Assassin
Character Details
H.P.: 54/54 | S.D.C.: 62/62

Constant Conditions: Multi-optic Eye (+1 Strike) | Amplified Hearing and Sound Filtration (+1 Parry/+2 Dodge/+3 Initiative)

Weapons: NE-75H Shoulder Cannon | Range: Laser: 6000' Heavy, 4000' Light| Damage: 2d4x10+20MD Heavy, 1d4x10+10 Light | RoF: Single Shot, Equal to H2H APM | Payload: Heavy E-Clip 8/8, Light E-Clip 20/20 | Bonuses: +1 to Strike on an aimed or called shot

Drones: DV-39 Wolf Pack Robot Drone: N-F50A Force Field: 160/160 | Head: 90/90| Front Legs: R: 95/95 L: 95/95| Back Legs: L: 95/95 R: 95/95| Main Body: 200/200

Armor: Silent Shadow Power Armor: N-F50A Force Field: 160/160 | Head: 80/80| Arms: R: 60/60 L: 60/60| Legs: L: 80/80 R: 80/80| Main Body: 190/190| Wings: R: 32/32 L: 32/32
NE-CW20 Camo Variable Armor: N-F50A Force Field: 160/160 | Helmet: 40/40| Arms: R: 20/20 L: 20/20| Legs: L: 30/30 R: 30/30| Main Body: 80/80| Features: Changes color to match environment (1d4 melees), Masks infared and thermal (21% Chance to be detected by such devices), -20% to be detected by other means, Naruni Psionic Dampener (+2 v Psi, +1 v Possession), Preset Encrypted Spooks Frequencies
Branaghan Overcoat: Arms: L: 8/8 R: 8/8 | Legs: R: 12/12 L: 12/12 | Main Body: 28/28 | -5% to all physical skills
Camouflage, Stealth Ghillie Suit: +10 Prowl/Blend, Invisible outside of 200' from Thermal/Infared, -30% check if within 200' to spot.

Talking to LynX mentally/internally. (0040FF)
Lynx Responding mentally/internally. (8000FF)
Doppler speaking/responding mentally, internally. (FF0000)
User avatar
Echo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 207
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:08 pm
Location: Rifts PC (Spook Squad)

PreviousNext

Return to Adventure Archives: Spooks Squad

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests