Rifts Recruitment

All new character submissions are to be posted here.
Recruitment threads for the various groups and extra-dimensional games are also located here.

Moderators: Game Masters, Group Leaders

Rifts Recruitment

Postby Augur » Mon May 11, 2009 7:18 pm

Best places to get recruited to a team in MercTown:
:arrow: Job Market Cafe (in the Hub)
:arrow: The Gunman's Tavern (in the Warrens)

Pipe up here if you're recruiting for a group! Tell these newbies why they should join your team.

Please post here if you are looking for a group.
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Augur
Admin

Re: Rifts Recruitment

Postby Captain Marks » Mon Oct 12, 2015 6:22 pm

AAPS - AA Professional Services

2 Spots open.

AAAPS is lead by the esteemed Royal Ecks, please no bowing, his is a legacy of success and unlikely accomplishments. Following him is the AAPS branded ensemble of intellect, prowess in skill, and strength of arms bent on providing a performance to the letter of the contract*. Their individual knowledge spans pre-cataclysm to current affairs, the arcane to the mechanical, the mystical to the sword's edge, and the academic that proves courage is not a realm only for the brazen.

There is no opportunity to miss like this one! Join AAPS today!

(*All fulfillment's predicated on upfront and detailed itemization of expectation. AAPS is not responsible for failures to notify or third party competitors hired by contracting agent for the same task.)
Captain Marks
Assistant Game Master

Postby Cooper » Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:44 pm

Come to Beautiful Austrialia

Ever yearn to travel the wastes? Meet new and interesting people?

If so, come on down under.

We currently have a trade caravan moving west towards Perth with a special delivery.
We've recently left a bandit town that we had to fight to gain entrance to and left on surprisingly good terms with.
Now we've come across a group of Aboriginals as we attempt to pass a coastal forest.

Who knows what the next encounter will bring, but word from Radio Free Merctown has hints at possible excursions into the seas and Asia.

Multiple positions are available.
Cooper

Postby Jezebel » Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:08 am

Guess who's available for hire?
com⋅pli⋅cat⋅ed [kom-pli-key-tid] –adjective: 1. composed of elaborately interconnected parts; complex. 2. difficult to analyze, understand. Synonyms: involved, tangled, Jezebel
Don't PM this account. Send all PMs to Augur.
Conditions
Note: Critical strike on an unmodified roll of 18, 19 or 20.
-10% Penalty when using skills to operate in unfamiliar, high-tech Rifts science & engineering fields.
H.P.: 51
S.D.C.: 98/98
P.T.P.: 1550/1550
• Charm/Impress: 60%
• Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 88%
• Nightvision: 600'
• Resistant to Energy Damage
• Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
• Can perform a non-combat action at no cost and without penalty even while engaged in combat
• Embodiment of physical perfection for her race; Appears to be one level higher and more powerful than actual; Tends to be fidgety and has trouble sleeping; Ambidextrous

Gear
(Equipment post is up to date.)

Jezebel
Group Leader

Postby John » Tue Jan 31, 2017 5:19 pm

Available for your archaeology, history, lore nerd, dimensional transportation, and spell casting needs. Oh, should probably mention, also the son of a god.
John Smith
Stats: 226 MDC, 258 PPE
Abilities: Spell Strength 14, Charm/Impress 90%, Invoke Trust/Intimidate 80%, Fire & Cold Resistant (half damage), Bio-Regeneration, Sense Rifts 170 miles, Sense Other Dimensional Disturbances (Teleportation, etc) 85 miles

Sharak (Avian Biomech Familiar)
Stats: 45 MDC
Abilities: Telescopic Vision (2 miles), Natural Radar (2000'), See the Invisible, Sense Evil, Impervious to Diseases that affect flesh & blood animals
John

Postby Jezebel » Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:46 pm

John wrote:Available for your archaeology, history, lore nerd, dimensional transportation, and spell casting needs. Oh, should probably mention, also the son of a god.

The bastard son!

Who wants an illegitimate jerk whose nose has been buried up the arse of a bunch of dirty mystic hippies?

Clearly, serious mercenary groups who know what the frak they're doing will invest in a proven asset.

Think hardcore.

Think success.

Think Jezebel.
com⋅pli⋅cat⋅ed [kom-pli-key-tid] –adjective: 1. composed of elaborately interconnected parts; complex. 2. difficult to analyze, understand. Synonyms: involved, tangled, Jezebel
Conditions
-10% Penalty when using skills to operate in unfamiliar, high-tech Rifts science & engineering fields.
• Can perform a non-combat action at no cost and without penalty even while engaged in combat
• Embodiment of physical perfection for her race; Appears to be one level higher and more powerful than actual; Tends to be fidgety and has trouble sleeping; Ambidextrous

Gear

Jezebel
Group Leader

Postby John » Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:03 pm

Proven crazy that is. One might even say certifiable.

Do you really want that kind of liability in your mercenary company? I don't think so.

Clearly you need a flexible asset useful in all situations. One that has walked the world a while.

I've walked it since the first days of the Cataclysm. That kind of knowledge and experience doesn't come available often.
John Smith
Abilities: Spell Strength 14, Charm/Impress 90%, Invoke Trust/Intimidate 80%, Fire & Cold Resistant (half damage), Bio-Regeneration, Sense Rifts 170 miles, Sense Other Dimensional Disturbances (Teleportation, etc) 85 miles

Abilities: Telescopic Vision (2 miles), Natural Radar (2000'), See the Invisible, Sense Evil, Impervious to Diseases that affect flesh & blood animals
John

Postby Jezebel » Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:20 pm

Crazy...like a fox!

Did I mention that I took on and single-handedly defeated a Glitter Boy?

In my skivvies, no less!

And on a cold frakkin' day in K-bec!

With my bare hands and raw talent!

Did I mention that I'm not sore on the eyes unlike the unwashed, yet somehow prissy man-child above there?

*bats eyes seductively*
Conditions

Gear

Jezebel
Group Leader

Postby John » Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:50 pm

A 10 on the crazy axis would be well adjusted compared to this woman.
John Smith

John

Postby Jezebel » Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:16 am

Dhaltuun Onyxforge, a Nuhr Dwarf Shifter, is now ready for play.

The former members of Explorers Inc. are now all available for recruitment as well.
Conditions

Gear

Jezebel
Group Leader

Postby Dhaltuun Onyxforge » Fri Feb 03, 2017 1:46 pm

"Ahem...Hello??" *knocks on Merctown gates*

Dhaltuun reporting!! Me Bird, Me Hook, and Meself is ready for whatever Njord has planned for me
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
http://www.explorersunlimited.com/eu/viewtopic.php?f=280&t=16028
OOC Comments
S.D.C.: 64/64
Hit Points: 49/49
P.P.E.: 115/115

Armor Worn: Mage armor
Weapon(s) Carried and Locations: WI-SR15 Sniper Rifle with Kisentite bayonet (slung over left shoulder), NEMA Automag (AMT) Pistol (on CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig), Kisentite Cutlass with silvered basket (strapped to left hip in a scabbard), Nuhr Rune Grappling Hook & Line (Tied to right hip), BigBore "Buccaneer" Breech-Lock Pistol (L-R)/TW Firebolt Pistol (R-L)(on old style baldric)

Current Conditions:

Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Coma/Death: +14%
Magic (varies): +4
Lethal Poison (14+): +4
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +4
Insanity (12+): --
Psionic (15+): --
Possession: +2
Horror Factor: +11

Nightvision 300 feet
Sharp vision (doesn’t deteriorate with time)
Augmented P.S.
Superior endurance (fatigues at 1/4 normal rate)
Max. Encumbrance: 108 lbs
Max. Carrying Weight: 460 lbs
Max. Lifting Weight: 920 lbs
Max. Jumping Ability: Leap 5' long X 4' ft high
Swimming: can swim 69 yards/meters per round for 88 rounds

Special Abilities
Dimensional Rift Home
    Can always find his way home from another dimension.
    Can always dimensional teleport home at the cost of a paltry 75 P.P.E.
    Only applies to himself and his familiar as well as gear carried and not anybody else (a full rift or dimensional portal is necessary to take others with him).
    Uses 1 melee action
    Rifting on same world - 1/2 ppe of dimension rift home
    Limit - must have visited location before or use communication rift
    Will appear on nexus near desired location (or stone pyramid)
    Can even use on ley line to move along it or jump to a nearby ley line

Sense Rifts
    Range - within 90 miles +20 miles per level
    Will detect new rift if it opens along the line I am on, regardless of distance (will know where rift is as well as size)
    Can detect teleports and other dimension disturbances at 45 miles +10 miles per level
    He will also instantly know what general direction the rift is located and whether the rift is big or small.
    Note: This sensing ability specifically relates to dimensional portals/rifts and not ley nexuses and ley lines.

Dimension Sense - 49% (+5%)
    Concentrate for 1d6+2 mins to know: type of dimension, if it supports human life, its magic Level, how it was created, if it will close soon, its frequency of opening, any dimensional monsters nearby or in portal (-10% skill), plus unusual characteristics, just by reading portal or meditating after stepping thru
    See O.C.C. description for further details

Dimensional Travel
[/list]Cost: 125 P.P.E. for familiar and caster / +25 P.P.E. per person / remains open for 1 min
When targeting a random dimension - can open anywhere / drawn to locations rich in P.P.E.
When targeting home dimension - 100% random location appearance
When targeting dimensions visited - will appear in random, but hospitable location
Can use Re-Open Gateway or Dimensional portal at 1/2 P.P.E. in ritual / takes 1d6x10+15 min / open for 1 min per level (4th lvl = 4 mins), close it at will, manipulate size at will (max 10 ft tall x 10 ft wide per level)(4th Lvl = 40 ft tall x 40 ft wide)[/list]

Communication Rift
    P.P.E.: on or within 1/2 mile of nexus - 50 P.P.E. / on or within 1/2 mile of ley line - 100 P.P.E. / anywhere else away from ley line - 200 P.P.E.
    Duration: 1 min per level (4th = 4 mins)
    Success ratio 34% +5% if done as ritual gives +20% success
    Time to open: 1d4 rds / as ritual: takes 1d6x10+15 min
    If fail but within 20% will contact correct location but not necessarily the right target
    Send familiar - must return in time or trapped until a portal can be opened (x1 per 24 hrs)

Familiar Link
    Linked to – Marcella the Osprey (monsters and animals pg 158-159)
    Mentally and physically linked with familiar
    Familiar is linked to the shifter and obeys his every command, verbal and mental.
    If the familiar is killed, the shifter will permanently lose 10 hit points; see description for full consequences.

Summoning
    Battle of wills - roll above my MA +ME bonus; 3 out of 5x (if fail is subservient)
    If save - roll init....if I win close rift / if fail creature appears and might attack
    If beat creature - use pact
    If lose to creature - the shifter might be attacked or the being escapes
    Max # of Minions: 2 lesser (4 sub demons) - sub demons or imp-like minor being, poltergeists or haunting entity = 1 lesser/2 lesser beings = 1 greater
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Jezebel » Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:50 am

Jezebel wrote:Guess who's available for hire?

Still available. :salut:
Conditions

Gear

Jezebel
Group Leader

Postby Jezebel » Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:36 pm

Jezebel files her nails with her boots on a nearby desk. On the desk, a bottle of whiskey and an accompanying, half-empty glass compete for scant room with a glass ashtray in which a cigar butt smolders.
Conditions

Gear

Jezebel
Group Leader

Postby Kesslan » Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:19 pm

I can't guarantee you'd get in (Since I think it still goes to a vote or what ever) But have you considered looking at one of the Phase World games? Someone was talking to me about that earlier today and I pointed out if you were interested in the GA Kess would probably be more than willing to hire Jez, and we still have one opening in the group.
Kesslan's Character Sheet
HP: 72 SDC: 118
MDC Skull: 22

Constant Effects:
Autododge +5, Mildly Radioactive, Can see Ultra-Violet spectrum of light, Takes 1/2 Damage from Radiation, Immune to Horror Factor, No fear of heights. Cybernetics: See Character Sheet. Can make Aimed/Called shots while running, swimming, parachuting or from a moving vehicle without penalty. Steady Nerves: Driving Penalties 1/2. Street Rep (Hardcase to be Feared): HF14 when Angry/Threatening.

Rose (To Kesslan): I don't suppose you're planning an assault on all free kind are you?
Daisy (OOC) Figures big crowds don't seem to be his thing, unless he's firing on them.
Rex: his ears rotate like dishes towards Kesslan's roar and the response from his foes, "trouble."
Al: Listening to the roar Al nods. "That would be Kesslan. Which most of the time means the exact same thing."
Theme Songs: Imagine Dragons - Radioactive , Disturbed: Indestructible , Johnny Cash: Hurt , UNKLE: Burn My Shadow, The Kinks: I'm not like everybody else, The Equalizer theme song, X Ambassadors: Jungle (feat. Jamie N Commons)
Kesslan
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Jezebel » Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:26 pm

"How's a girl in a dusty, old town like this supposed to make her way to such uptown digs as Center?"

After a long pause...

"I'm just trying to find my way home." Though I bet they all think me dead. What is home, anyway? Is this world now my home? A place where no one is quite like me? A place with people who kind of look like my people, but who share almost nothing else in common? "Know how to get me home, friend?"
Conditions

Gear

Jezebel
Group Leader

Postby Captain Cook » Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:05 am

Well since the Naruni are from Phase World and happen to have their only earth based dealership in Merctown, I'm quite sure they would know! There's also the Splurgoth if you care to try your luck. Failing that I would imagine that some of the senior mages in the Mage Guild likely know about the existence of Centre. Certainly there's enough traffic from earth to Centre and the other way around that Centre actually offers a conversion rate of Earth credits to Phase World's Universal Credits at a generous ratio of 4:1 Something that's been in the PW main book since it first came out no less.
Captain Cook

Postby Dark Lord » Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:03 am

Kesslan wrote:I can't guarantee you'd get in (Since I think it still goes to a vote or what ever) But have you considered looking at one of the Phase World games? Someone was talking to me about that earlier today and I pointed out if you were interested in the GA Kess would probably be more than willing to hire Jez, and we still have one opening in the group.

No vote required. I'd be mildly concerned about overlap with Baron/Winston, but if the players don't mind it's fine with me. Jez might be a wee bit too powerful for the Rogues as well, so i'd have to check with Consumer too, but if you're interested Lloyd i'll be happy to make the inquiries.
Why kill a PC when you can torture them?
ImageImageImageImage
Dark Lord
Dimension Master

Postby Jezebel » Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:28 am

Jez actually blushes. "Well, I had no idea that there were two such flattering carbon copies of me out there. You know what they say about imitation and all that, right?" A pair of large bore guns emerge from her hands in a flash as she moves like lightning to shove them both in the face of person telling her about them. A look of barely restrained violence dances in her eyes for the briefest of moments. Jez uncoils, relaxes, and the guns melt back into her form. With a knowing smile, she says, "It's a good thing I never put much stock into intellectual property. I appreciate the offer, gentlemen, but no thanks. Every good soldier should know well enough to avoid stepping into crossing fields of fire."
Conditions

Gear

Jezebel
Group Leader

Postby Jezebel » Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:32 pm

Y'all might want to grab Kat asap or Jezebel might decide the two of them would make the beginnings of a great team.

I mean, with an intro to Merctown like this, who wouldn't want her in their group?

The City Rat then sets down her backpack and creates a dust cloud by beating herself off as best she can.
:lol:
Conditions

Gear

Jezebel
Group Leader

Postby Jezebel » Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:32 pm

Too slow, slackers! Our greatness has been recognized!
Conditions

Gear

Jezebel
Group Leader

Postby Brennet » Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:20 pm

Brennet is looking for a new home/group .. Link to Sheet in Signature Bellow.

Brennet is a Humble , Furry , Fish headed Rift's Earth Human mutant .. who is a bit slow on his feat , shuns and avoids credit / fame / etc .. He's a good scout / spy .. good at stealth and has a keen eye for noticing details (high perception , enhanced sense of smell, heightened sense of Awareness).

I as a player have been continuously active on EU for about 9 years .. I have consistently and regularly posted more than 1 time per week for the majority of that 9 years .. usually even over holiday periods .. I am happy to work with / compromise with , others as best I can .. Perhaps my largest RL personal failing (On going WIP) .. Habit/Compulsion to explain in detail.

If it matters .. I am also interested in Brennet participating in the next Epic.
Brennet
Current
HP 35 SDC 33 / 35 PPE 12 HF 11 Compounding Similar Effect From Multiple Different Sources
  • Low Ma = RUE-p.283 "barely noticed or remembered usually ignored"
  • Cloaking = Invisible to all forms of electronic/mechanical detection , sensors, scanning (robotic,cyborg,etc)
    Has no effect on purely biological , magic , psychic senses .. Tends not to be noticed.
  • SuperHuman Senses = Smell , Balance , Awareness 108% Perception Skill
  • Untrackable : Leaves no trail or hint of having ever existed .. Any Effort to Track Character are done with a -70% penalty.
    No Body Odor , No Body Oils , No Finger Prints , No Foot Prints, No detectable Body Heat , Doesn't Stir Ground Cover when walking, Minimal Air Disturbance.
    Doesn't Register on Motion Detectors , Any tests on Biological/Genetic evidence (Hair,Skin,Fluids, etc) always gives inconclusive test results , etc.
  • UnNoteWorthy-Forgettable: Unnaturally easy not to notice at all .. Unnaturally easy to forgot entirely .. those who remember anything rarely remember any concrete details.
    Those who are immune or highly resistant to mental control like effects are equally immune / resistant to this effect.
  • Torn , Burnt , Muddy Clothes
  • Omega Suit: AR-17 SDC-250
    Electronic Sensor identifying Brennet (RFID-Tag) and Tracking him (GPS) , either don't work at all or face penalties (-70% or more) , due to his always on Cloaking and Untrackable abilities/powers.
  • Laser Rifle: Range: 1,800ft Damage: 5d6 Amo: 20 per clip --- Clips A(6/20) ,B,C,D
Brennet
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Echo » Sun Mar 05, 2017 11:14 am

Anonymous wrote: You didn't get this from me.

Official Dossier Download;

Name: [Redacted]
Alias: Mr. Jason Schroeder, Echo
Contact Frequency: 365.7.24.89
Contract Job Preference: Assassinations, Espionage, Over-watch, Security.
Deal-Breakers: Sanctions against lethal force, collateral damage prohibition

Professional Skill Set Includes: Advanced Hand-to-Hand Combat, Expertise in Espionage, Marksmanship and Professionalism.

Former-Sponsor (Company/Personal Name: [Redacted]) Description: Mr. Schroeder is an exceptional and brilliant tactician, never leaving an avenue open. His professionalism serves him well in his business dealings however I have learned that angering him is ill-advised. Regardless of personal preference, he will always complete an assignment and I have never known him to betray his sponsor. His expertise in his fields have helped advance certain corporations without hurting their public image as any dealing involving Mr Schroeder is done from afar and is usually settled with one stroke of a pin. I highly advise contacting him in regards to sensitive or delicate business dealings and would use his services again if the need arose.

Special Interests: Operative has specific preferences regarding his dealings. If the mark is large or unthinkable, he considers it a challenge. If the mark is small, he'll have it done before the hour is up. Operative has expressed slight interest in the worlds beyond this one, though he does confess that he would not want to leave for good.

Disposition: Operative has been known to work with Dimensional Beings in the past, however he has also been shown to remove his association should a contract dispute erupt. He deals professionally regardless of target or group parameters.

A special thanks to Augur for allowing the reactivation of my previous account. I am unsure of the future for Echo and this is his IC-Reach Out, so to speak. I am not against going anywhere with this character, but I want to know about where he is going before he/I accept anything. I really enjoy this character and hope he finds a home again on EU.

Also, special thanks to those who greeted/remembered me from a time since past, I look forward to talking to you all again.
Echo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Captain Cook » Sun Mar 05, 2017 6:15 pm

If you don't mind jumping over to Phase World you might be able to find a spot in the GA or the Rogues. As long as you aren't openly too evil the Templar also have a slot open. Then there's the new group forming. I think they want to keep it human only but your alignment should fit in just fine. Then for 'Team Evil' you've got the Spook Squad and for 'Team Mercenary' you have the Roughnecks. (Lot of aberrant/selfish alignments)

All of those have openings currently and if you go with the new (as yet unnamed) group you'd at least give them the 4 players needed to officially take off.
Captain Cook

Postby Jezebel » Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:31 am

What do a human freelance spy, a human city rat, and a sexy special operations gal have in common?

They're the beginning of the hottest new group in Merctown!

Are you a practitioner of magic who has some sneaky skills?

Are you a master psychic who's not averse to wet work?

Would you rather get your hands dirty tinkering with an old power plant than discuss the finer points of etiquette?

Do you stay up late at night reading the latest tech manuals from NG and wishing you could afford one of their new RCVs?

Are you morally flexible and in search of a good job with like-minded professionals?

Get in on the ground floor while this start-up is still hot!
Conditions

Gear

Jezebel
Group Leader

Postby Caesar » Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:33 pm

Jezebel wrote:Are you a practitioner of magic who has some sneaky skills?

I've been wanting to play a Temporal Warrior (or Wizard) for a while, might be a good fit for this role. Let me know what you think.
Caesar

Postby Jezebel » Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:41 pm

Caesar wrote:
Jezebel wrote:Are you a practitioner of magic who has some sneaky skills?

I've been wanting to play a Temporal Warrior (or Wizard) for a while, might be a good fit for this role. Let me know what you think.

Sadly, we've filled the mage role and then some. However, we are still in the market for some kind of gear-head/operator, psionic, and maybe even a bot driver of some sort.
Conditions

Gear

Jezebel
Group Leader

Postby Captain Cook » Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:45 pm

Hrmm.. I have been wanting to play a Psi-Slayer....
Captain Cook

Postby Jezebel » Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:54 pm

Jezebel wrote:Sadly, we've filled the mage role and then some. However, we are still in the market for some kind of gear-head/operator, psionic, and maybe even a bot driver of some sort.

Yeah, it's confirmed. We could likely use a tinkerer of some sort. If anyone's interested, let us know via hangouts!
Conditions

Gear

Jezebel
Group Leader

Postby Jezebel » Sat May 13, 2017 8:48 am

The GIRLS of Merctown is closed to further applications until such time as the group has an AGM to aid our illustrious GM, Townsend.
Conditions

Gear

Jezebel
Group Leader

Postby Dark Lord » Thu May 25, 2017 8:52 am

As every other MercTown group is at capacity, certain GMs have indicated a willingness to temporarily suspend the 8-PC limit per group. New players are encouraged to reach out to the GMs of groups in which they're interested to inquire about membership. Note that some GMs may not be willing or able to take on a large number of PCs- if that happens, please just be patient and try your luck with another team. Sooner or later, everyone will get a game, it just may take a little longer. New players who are truly struggling to find a group are encouraged to PM myself and/or Augur for assistance.
Why kill a PC when you can torture them?
ImageImageImageImage
Dark Lord
Dimension Master

Postby Augur » Thu May 25, 2017 5:36 pm

Dark Lord wrote:As every other MercTown group is at capacity, certain GMs have indicated a willingness to temporarily suspend the 8-PC limit per group. New players are encouraged to reach out to the GMs of groups in which they're interested to inquire about membership. Note that some GMs may not be willing or able to take on a large number of PCs- if that happens, please just be patient and try your luck with another team. Sooner or later, everyone will get a game, it just may take a little longer. New players who are truly struggling to find a group are encouraged to PM myself and/or Augur for assistance.

In addition, I encourage player characters stuck in a lull to explore Merctown in-character. Whenever your character needs a reply, just beg for attention in the EU Hangouts channel and provide a link. :)
ImageImage
Medals
Augur
Admin

Postby Jezebel » Fri May 26, 2017 7:39 pm

Jezebel wrote:The GIRLS of Merctown is closed to further applications until such time as the group has an AGM to aid our illustrious GM, Townsend.

The GIRLS of Merctown now has an AGM! Our two remaining slots are now open.

Send player character inquiries to either Kat Porter or Jezebel.

(Which means contact Augur or Tyrannosapiens Rex)
Conditions

Gear

Jezebel
Group Leader

Postby Aether » Mon May 29, 2017 9:51 pm

Dark Lord wrote:As every other MercTown group is at capacity, certain GMs have indicated a willingness to temporarily suspend the 8-PC limit per group. New players are encouraged to reach out to the GMs of groups in which they're interested to inquire about membership. Note that some GMs may not be willing or able to take on a large number of PCs- if that happens, please just be patient and try your luck with another team. Sooner or later, everyone will get a game, it just may take a little longer. New players who are truly struggling to find a group are encouraged to PM myself and/or Augur for assistance.

While there is not a lot of room for new characters in Merctown, Eurasia is in need of up to 4 new PC's.

Please contact Aether or Consumer if you think you may be interested.
Aether

Postby Tyrannosapiens Rex » Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:56 am

Okay, who wants a junkie teacher with a genius level I.Q.?
Of all the things encountered in the Megaverse, the most vile and evil are not the demons, or Alien Intelligences. No, even the Old Ones pale in vileness to the Human Tyrant King. For, only he treats his own kind, every day of his life, with the kind of careless attitude the Old Ones treated the so-called lesser races.
Tyrannosapiens Rex
Game Master

Postby Aether » Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:16 am

Tyrannosapiens Rex wrote:Okay, who wants a junkie teacher with a genius level I.Q.?

Dibs!!
Aether

Postby Colt » Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:47 am

Hello everyone! I'm going to be looking over the groups as Colt is now ready to play! :D
Colt
Colt
RCC/OCC: Psi-Stalker Psi-Nullifier
P.P.E.: 33/33
I.S.P.: 123/125
H.P.: 12/12
S.D.C.: 40/40
M.D.C.: (Conditional)

M.D.C. by Location
• Hat: 10
• Arms: 12 each
• Legs: 15 each
• Main Body: 30

Number of Attacks: 5
Initiative Bonus: +1
Strike Bonus: +2
Parry Bonus: +3
Dodge Bonus: +4

Special: Sense Psychic/Magic Energy; Sense Supernatural; Psi-Nullification & Interference; Null Void
Colt
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron

Postby Maximilian IV » Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:45 pm

Max is no longer with the Templar's -- anybody need a comical poodle-kid to fix tanks and shit? :lol:
Dog of Wisdom
P.P.E.: 36/36
I.S.P.: 53/53
H.P.: 19/19
S.D.C.: 44/44

NG-PB713 Particle Beam Pistol: 10/10
Maximilian IV
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Colt » Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:37 pm

Maximilian IV wrote:Max is no longer with the Templar's -- anybody need a comical poodle-kid to fix tanks and shit? :lol:

Let's start up our own GM-less crew! =P
Colt
Colt

M.D.C. by Location

Special: Sense Psychic/Magic Energy; Sense Supernatural; Psi-Nullification & Interference; Null Void
Colt
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron

Postby Maximilian IV » Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:58 pm

Heh, there's and idea! If only!
Dog of Wisdom
P.P.E.: 36/36
I.S.P.: 53/53
H.P.: 19/19
S.D.C.: 44/44

NG-PB713 Particle Beam Pistol: 10/10
Maximilian IV
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Augur » Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:06 pm

Colt, the psi-nullifier/psi-stalker is currently at the JMC if any group with an opening would care to send him a PM and make some OOC arrangements for contriving an IC meeting.
ImageImage
Medals
Augur
Admin

Postby Colt » Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:20 am

Hello! I see there are a couple groups with openings. Not sure if they have been filled already by others in the Recruitment thread. I would much prefer playing with a group then wandering around solo in the Job Market area and such, if anyone will have me. :D
Colt
Colt

M.D.C. by Location

Colt
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron

Postby Tiree » Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:35 am

Best thing to do is Message their group leader and/or GM. It gets the ball rolling quickly as well.
Tiree
Admin

Postby John Altfeld » Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:45 pm

John Altfeld (link below) is approved! Skilled Wilderness Scout with stealth capabilities, 'telekinesis,' the ability to turn into gravel and... control house cats.

After Augur finishes approval, I'll be wandering Merctown and sitting in the Job Market Cafe.

http://208.146.44.138/domains/eu/eu/vie ... 2#p1344252
Definitely Not a God. Yet.
P.P.E.: 16/16
H.P./M.D.C.: 90/90
Pebble M.D.C.: 300/300
Growth M.D.C.: +15/+150/+525/+1,290/15/150/510/1,290

Important Combat Stats
Number of Attacks: 9
Initiative Bonus: +12
Strike Bonus: +8 (+8/+8/+10/+10)
Parry Bonus: +12(+12/+12/+14/+14) +2 with sword/staff
Dodge Bonus: +17 (+17/+17/+13/+13)
Auto-Dodge Bonus: +5 (+5/+5/+1/+1)
Bonus to Disarm: +3
Supernatural Strength Punch Damage: 3d6(5d6)+12/5d6(6d6)+12/1d6x10+22(+32)/1d6x10+72(+82)
Juicer Football Body Block/Tackle: Knocks one's opponent to the ground (90% chance if target is smaller than attacker, 60% if the same weight, 50% if target is up to 50% larger, 20% if 100% larger, no chance if target is over 100% larger).
Immunities and Damage Reduction
Immune to:
• Cold
• Radiation
• Suffocation (can breathe without air)
• Depressurization
• Ocean depths/pressure (unlimited)
• Vampire bite/can't be turned undead
• Blindness and Darkness (except in smoke/sandstorm/fog that fouls Radar power)
• Fatigue (Never tires)
• Small bits of flying debris

Reduced Damage From:
• Magic Cold - Half Damage
• Heat/Fire - Half Damage
• Poison/Toxins/Drugs - Duration, penalties and symptoms are 1/3 normal
Enhanced Sight Effects
• Radar 400'
• See the invisible
John Altfeld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Ernstweavel » Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:25 pm

The original, Ernstweavel is hyped and roaring to go adventuring into the vast horizons. A simple LLW, who has an obsession with rifts and dimensional travel, who has a willingness to grow and prosper. For the right price, my skills and services are at your disposal. Green horn prices for amateur quality work. First come, First served. If you need more info see reference.
P.P.E.: 173 / 173
H.P.: 31 / 31
S.D.C.: 31 / 31
Ernstweavel
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Tyrannosapiens Rex » Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:17 am

Anyone want an experienced Techno-Wizard with a need for speed?
Of all the things encountered in the Megaverse, the most vile and evil are not the demons, or Alien Intelligences. No, even the Old Ones pale in vileness to the Human Tyrant King. For, only he treats his own kind, every day of his life, with the kind of careless attitude the Old Ones treated the so-called lesser races.
Tyrannosapiens Rex
Game Master

Come hang out with the coolest group ever

Postby William Summers » Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:02 pm

One Opening with The Roughnecks:

Come join the roughest, toughest merc outfit that ever lived. We've got a really cool submarine and get into all the best fights. We need to replenish our cannon fodder!

Requirements: Be tougher than the guy we're replacing was. One guy lost to broken back, one guy lost to mindworm, need good mercs, great for youngsters just starting out!

Must be OK with a mixed crew (technology, magic, mutants, d-bees, psychics) and casual drug use.

Recent achievements: Killed a kid's dad in front of him (that dude was a jerk), destroyed a zombie menace, and maybe even blew up a Sploog ship.
SNAFU says: We also have a cool jet, definitely blew up that ship.

Merc Life!
The Man in Black
William Summers
HP: 55/55
SDC: 62/62
PPE: 142/157

TW Infiltrado Armor:
M.D.C. by Location
• Helmet: 18/40 • Main Body: 55/55
• Left Leg: 35/35 • Right Leg: 35/35
• Left Arm: 25/25 • Right Arm: 25/25

Features: Thermokinetic (thermal and kinetic attacks do 25% less damage), Forearm-Mounted Retractable Silver-Plated Vibro-Blades (1 each forearm): +1d6 M.D. to Punch Damage
TW Enhancements: Sigilo, Percatación, Cuerpo, Bravura. See sheet for descriptions.

Iron Sword: 5D6 MD.
Kisentite Sword: 2D6+6 MD. +2 to strike and parry.
TW Thundergun Revolver: 3D6 SDC to mortals, 5D6 MD to magic beings, 1D6x10 MD to supernatural beings. 6/6. Range: 200'. Recharge: 10 PPE.
MP-3 MageFire Bolt Pistol: 3D6+3 MD. 8/8. Range: 500'. Recharge: 12 PPE.
TW Horde Buster Rifle: 1D6*10 or 1D6 per projectile. +1 to strike. 5/5. Range: 1100'. Recharge: 20 PPE.

Grenade Bandoleers (2): 1 Seeker Bat Grenade, 1 Void Grenade, 3 Flashfire Grenades, 1 Acid Grenade, 1 Plasma Grenade, 1 Heavy HE Grenade, 1 Flash Freeze Grenade, 1 Smoke Grenade.

Wing Board Turbo

8th Ring of Elder
☞ Reduces by half the amount of P.P.E. required to perform any magical feat, ability or spell.
☞ Doubles the duration of any magic feat, ability or spell.
☞ Doubles the range of any magic feat, ability or spell.

William Summers
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Consumer » Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:50 am

Eurasia is looking for some new blood. Have you always wanted to adventure in Europe, then here is your chance. We are looking for three players to fill in missing slots. Now is a great time to join as we are just starting a new adventure.
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and AGM for Eurasia (Acting GM at the moment.)

Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Consumer
Game Master

Postby Flynn » Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:06 am

Looking for a group to join. Posted already in the Warrens.
Flynn
PPE: 21/21
ISP: 40/40
HP: 56/56
SDC: 217/217

Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
• Head/Helmet - 50
• Arms - 35 each
• Legs - 45 each
• Main Body· 72
Flynn
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Bettie Houser » Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:42 am

Hey folks,

Any group out there in need of or willing to take into it's ranks a Dragon Juicer?
Bettie Houser
M.D.C.: [190/190]
Armor:
- Armored M.D.C. Biker’s Jacket & Streetwolf M.D.C. Combat Pants
M.D.C.: [15/15] & [8/8]
Weapons:
- Kisentite Sword
- (2) NE-6SLs
Misc.:
- Sunglasses
- Cred cards
- IRMSS kit
- Wilk's PRC-5
- (8) Speed loaders
Bettie Houser
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Jezebel » Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:38 am

Apparently G.I.R.L.S. of Merctown is experiencing a simulataneous, multi-pronged assault of applicants all vying for our last open character slot. Some have suggested a fight to the death with the winner being granted entry into the group, but I think a simple audition post would be a more effective means of selection. We'll privately decide as a group who would make the best fit based on your auditions.

So, if you're interested in becoming the last member of G.I.R.L.S., post a new writing sample in-character as a quote-reply to this post. No more than two paragraphs, please, and be sure to include: descriptive narrative, verbal speech, internal monologue, and basic post mechanics.

The GM also wrote:basic post mechanics" includes the guidelines featured in this post. A post that reflects the group-specific guidelines posted here isn't mandatory, but it's appreciated. :)
Conditions

Gear

Jezebel
Group Leader

Next

Return to Recruitment Forum