The Mausoleum (169)

The slums of MercTown. Be careful what you do and say...the Merctown Defenders don't often come here.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

The Mausoleum (169)

Postby Augur » Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:13 am

Once a funeral home, this drab building has been transformed into a macabre tavern. The interior is dark , the walls painted black, candles flicker from atop their metal skull-shaped holders, and cobwebs hang from every corner, nook and cranny. More disturbing is the fact that the security is apparently quite dead, a quartet of mute zombies guard the premises. The owner doesn't look much livelier, he is a pale-skinned, unnaturally gaunt Devilman D-Bee with lifeless eyes. He calls himself Creed Nightshade, and he caters to fellow Necromancers, Shifters, practitioners of dark magic, Juicers (most of whom are obsessed with, or defying, death) and even supernatural visitors (mainly Brodkil , Gargoyles, Gurgoyles, Witchlings, and the occasional lesser demons). The wait staff are animated dead controlled by the head bartender, Rex Craven, and a pair of first level initiates.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Augur
Admin

Re: The Mausoleum (169)

Postby Calamity John » Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:59 am

Perception 19% (+5% for deal spotting): 1d100 = 93
JIC d20: 1d20 = 4
JIC d100: 1d100 = 75

Black Market: Friends In Low Places (Rex)
Barter 64%: 1d100 = 2
Trust 35%: 1d100 = 61
Charm 20%: 1d100 = 75
Roadwise 40%: 1d100 = 84

When the mind raping seers started talking about Necromancy, John knew he'd come here for the scoop. Rex Craven is the only Necromancer John's ever knowingly associated with, and he is conveniently in the same town as the job offer.

He approaches the bartender, avoiding the security not out of fear, but because John doesn't like the way they smell."Hey Rex, hows it hanging?" The Merchant orders a 5 credit drink and drops a $20 on the counter. "Got a minute to talk? I got hired for a job over by the Magic Zone, and a group you may know about came up in discussion."
Calamity John
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Augur » Sun Mar 10, 2019 5:23 pm

Calamity John wrote:He approaches the bartender, avoiding the security not out of fear, but because John doesn't like the way they smell."Hey Rex, hows it hanging?" The Merchant orders a 5 credit drink and drops a $20 on the counter. "Got a minute to talk? I got hired for a job over by the Magic Zone, and a group you may know about came up in discussion."

Rex holds up a finger at John as Rex yells at an initiate. "You tell his stinking ogrish ass in whatever tongue you please that he can sod off! His so-called 'gang' is nothing but a pathetic nuisance, and if he enjoys breathing, he'll learn his place! Don't you dare kow-tow or knuckle under to anyone who's weaker than you--ever! Now get out of here and deliver the message!"

He walks back behind the bar, "Been a while, John." He looks at the script on the bar and laughs. "As subtle and as small-minded as ever." He mixes John a red and ochre concoction and slides across to John as he swipes his card. He doesn't touch the script. John surprised to find the concoction tastes faintly of cherries and something with hints of caramel. At the mention of a job, Rex cocks an eyebrow. "What sort of nonsense have you gotten yourself into this time? What group? No, ignore that. Just tell me what you want to know and don't make me guess at it. I'm in a contemptible mood, and I can smell the lust for money practically oozing from your pores."
Augur
Admin

Postby Calamity John » Sun Mar 10, 2019 5:50 pm

Perception 19% (+5% for deal spotting): 1d100 = 50
JIC d20: 1d20 = 20
JIC d100: 1d100 = 58

John takes a sip of the drink and smiles. Good old Rex, keeps to his style and still knows how to please me. "Oozing from my pores, indeed! The group is called the Soulharvest. They want to summon a being called Nyxla." John gauges Rex for any involuntary responses to his name-dropping.
Calamity John
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Augur » Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:02 pm

Rex continues to look at the glass he's polishing as John drops names. Rex doesn't look up, but just shrugs. John finds him remarkably hard to read. "Doesn't ring any bells. What are they, farmers? Trying to summon a rain god or something?" His eyes never leave the glass.
Augur
Admin

Postby Calamity John » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:16 am

Perception 19% (+5% for deal spotting): 1d100 = 4
JIC d20: 1d20 = 2
JIC d100: 1d100 = 55

"If by farming, you mean stealing a ton of souls or something like that, sure." John gets up. "If you think of anything or hear anything, I'll be in town 'til morning. You can leave a message with Bao, as usual. See you later, Sunshine."

John finishes his drink, ties the cherry into a knot with his tongue, and leaves giving Rex a wave.

(The Haze)
Calamity John
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Return to The Warrens