M.A.R.S. Compound (213a)

Dockside, Airport, and outskirts of MercTown.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Re: M.A.R.S. Compound (213a)

Postby Beckett » Sun May 24, 2020 9:43 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 80 / 74%
JiC d20 | d100: 1d20 = 19 | 1d100 = 58

When Pieter's call for everyone to go into the conference room, Samantha was wrenching on a part of the robot in the corner. Damn actuator won't budge. Finally she bangs it on the table and it starts to move freely. She starts talking to herself, "Now that got it unstuck. Now where's the mouse milk..." Pieter's voice was firm, "Okay, let me finish this up.... Done!"

Removing her greasy gloves, she heads to the sink and washes her hands with the industrial cleaner. After drying hers her hands, then put on some lotion and walks into the conference room. When she hears that the team has a job, she pulls out her notepad and start taking notes concerning the mission:

Notepad wrote:
  1. Rift In, where?
  2. Underground facility, Logan? Probably not needed...
  3. Explosives? Probably not needed...
  4. What kind of facility is it?
  5. Who do we need to contact in the facility?
  6. Personnel Records?
  7. What kind of issue do we need extra firepower?
  8. What is considered acceptable losses of the facility?
  9. What is considered acceptable losses of personnel?
  10. Override process on the facility?
  11. How do we get back?
  12. Mentioned magic has limitations while in lock down. How about Psionics?

Samantha waits for Mr. Keller to respond to Twonjym, Excellent question Sheriff. "I also have a couple of questions concerning this job. When Mr. Keller is ready, she starts up and looks at her notepad, "Who should be our primary contact at the facility? How do we identify ourselves as being with your company? Can we get a list of Personnel and their records? What kind of issue would cause a lock down such as this? Is there an override process for the facility? You mentioned that the facility prevents Magic transportation while the facility is in lock down, how about communication? Is it the same with Psionics?" She takes a deep breath letting what her questions are asking sink in, "I know we don't want to think about it, but what is considered an acceptable loss to the facility and personnel. And what is our transportation back to MercTown. Is it on us, or are you providing a rift back for us?"
User avatar
Beckett
Group Leader
 
Posts: 320
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:05 pm
Location: P.A.S. - PC

Re: M.A.R.S. Compound (213a)

Postby Vera Morozov » Sun May 24, 2020 10:48 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 64/41%
JiC d100: 1d100 = 10; JiC d20: 1d20 = 17

Vera stands silently as Pieter and Keller speak. Being cybernetic, she is practically motionless, though her eyes continually scan the room, landing on each of the contractees in turn. The blonde woman who still had a splotch or two of grease on her form from working with some sort of machinery. The freckled, European looking woman sitting in the far back, clearly something of a wallflower. The scarred and tattooed man who held himself straight, seeming to Vera to be former military of some kind. And finally, of course, was the looming dinosaur-like D-Bee, whose black beard seemed well cared for. Her eyes linger on him for a moment longer than the others, her sharing a note of understanding as they lock gazes before she turns her attention to the room at large.

She gathers herself and moves forward once The D-Bee's and the blonde's questions are asked, giving a nod to Mr. Keller. "I can answer their questions, sir. It is why I am here, after all." Her voice is smooth and rich, the Russian accent plain as she speaks slowly to keep her American understandable, and to keep from tripping up on the somewhat foreign words. As she moves forward, it becomes clear just how much her relatively plain, human face juxtaposes against her massive body. She stands taller than even Twonjym, though her bionic frame is still relatively lithe, avian even, especially with the wings, claws, and talons she sported. She looks to the D-Bee first, saying "It is a research facility of a somewhat sensitive nature. Hence the precautions against magical and psionic circumvention of the premises. There are approximately 2,000 personnel on site as of last contact. As for lifting the lockdown, an administrative droid on-site can do that. There are five of such droids at the facility, so locating one should not be too much an issue, current circumstances aside."

Turning her attention to Beckett, she continues, "Our primary contact will be Commander Chris Townsend, who is head of security, and I will serve as the team's form of identification. All the information on the site itself I have on the disk I have on me, and we can review its contents at anytime. It does not contain a personnel list. Any form of magical or psionic transportation or communique is warded against, and as such is impossible. We'll be going in by foot, and having lost contact, we don't know the condition of any forms of mundane communications on-site, and don't know what caused the lockdown to begin with. I'm afraid my guess is as good as yours as to why. Assume total loss of communications until found otherwise. We will be arriving a mile out from the facility, as Mr. Keller said, via a Rift to be opened by mage. This same mage will wait for us within a mile of the site, and will be our ride back out. "

The cyborg eyes take on a more grave tone, "As for casualties, we are looking to keep them as minimized as possible. Half of Mr. Keller's company is in the facility, and contains many of KIT's important personnel and resources. We are looking at attempting to restore this facility to its standard operating procedures, nothing less."
Last edited by Vera Morozov on Tue May 26, 2020 3:53 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Vera Morozov
A Russian Angelus ex Machina!

M.D.C.
L1-B1 Light Infantry Armor
  • Main Body: 150/150 M.D.C.
  • Right Arm: 20/20 M.D.C.
  • Left Arm: 20/20 M.D.C.
  • Right Leg: 35/35 M.D.C.
  • Left Leg: 35/35 M.D.C.
  • Head: 15/15 M.D.C.
  • -5% to Physical skills such as Acrobatics, Climbing, Gymnastics, Pick Pockets, Prowl, and Swimming.

M.D.C. by Location
  • Head - 150/150 M.D.C. with Helmet
  • Main Body - 290/290 M.D.C.
  • Right Hand - 30/30 M.D.C.
  • Left Hand - 30/30 M.D.C.
  • Right Arm - 90/90 M.D.C.
  • Left Arm - 90/90 M.D.C.
  • Right Leg - 120/120 M.D.C.
  • Left Leg - 120/120 M.D.C.
  • Right Foot - 65/65 M.D.C.
  • Left Foot - 65/65 M.D.C.
  • Right Wing - 175/175 M.D.C. - Not Present at Moment.
  • Left Wing - 175/175 M.D.C. - Not Present at Moment.
  • Main Rear Jets (3; small) - 40/40 each
  • Lower Maneuvering Jets (3; even smaller) - 25/25 each
  • Wing Mini-Missiles (8; self-launch) - 15/15 M.D.C. each - Not Present at Moment.
  • Concealed Forearm Lasers (2; 1 per arm) - 10/10 M.D.C. each


Weapons & Attacks
Hand-to-Hand Combat:
  • Claw Strike - 3D4 M.D.
  • Head Butt - 2D4 M.D.
  • Restrained Punch - 1D4 M.D.
  • Full Strength Punch - 2D6 M.D.
  • Power Punch - 4D6 M.D.
  • Kick - 2D6 M.D. +2D6 M.D. from the Vibro-Blade damage.
  • Flying Leap Kick or Power Dive (feet first) - Does 1D6x10 - Special effect, see character sheet for details.

Vibro-Scythe: 4D6 M.D. (+2 from W.P. Polearm); Range: Melee or 600' when thrown.
Vibro-Scythe Ion Blaster: 2D6 or 4D6 M.D.; Range: 1,200'; Payload: 30/30, rechargeable via cable to cyborg power supply, or half by E-Clip (15 shots).
Concealed Forearm Lasers: 1D6 M.D. for single, 2D6 M.D. for dual blast (counts as one melee action); Range: 1,600'; Payload: Effectively Unlimited
Wing Mini-Missiles: AP Missiles 1D4x10 M.D., Plasma Missiles 1D6x10 M.D.; Can fire one at a time, or in volleys of two or four; Range: 1 mile; Payload: 8/8, 4 AP and 4 Plasma. - Not Present at Moment.


Constant Effects
Awe/Horror Factor: 12 (+2 if religious or fearful of angels)
Language Translator: Auto-Translates languages at 98.7% accuracy, 70% accuracy for 3-6 speakers. Knows 10 most common languages.
Amplified Hearing: Can hear almost inaudible sounds up to 360 feet away; can track by sound as a skill at 50%.
Passive Nightvision: Nightvision using ambient light out to 2,000' (Range increased to 6,000' when used with telescopic sight)
Light Filters: Reduces glare.
Sound Filters: Diminishes potentially damaging sounds.
Lung with Gas Filter and Oxygen Storage: Can breathe w/out air for up to 2 hours; immune to toxic gases, 94% chance nerve and poison gas do nothing.
User avatar
Vera Morozov
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Sat May 09, 2020 12:48 pm

Re: M.A.R.S. Compound (213a)

Postby Rocky » Mon May 25, 2020 3:47 pm

Perception: 1d20+3 = 20
JIC d20: 1d20 = 10
JIC d100: 1d100 = 92

save vs insanity
1d20 = 16 +3 +1 for the ring =20

He Listens to Samm about calling Jenifer as he heads out to see the others who had defeated Nxla he Ask Pieter and Samm, “Hey part of the share of the cut is the good I brought in. If any can use some of the things give it to them. As signing bonus, just keep the jammer and that electrical rod thing for me Oh there is also some good camping poles there should be kept for the group. Oh and maybe have the tech look at the PA see what she can do with it. Pieter do you think someone can do some art, Like Jenifer?”


21 E-clips Mars
Whip of Pain
TW Shard Pistol Lahz I’ll take the pistol you have the rifle
TW Jammer Pistol
From Stormspire
MARS Share
C-27 Light Plasma Cannon (1)
NG-P9 Heavy Particle Beam Rifle (1)
Skorblade Short Sword
Skorblade Pole Arm
Skorblade Pole Arm 2
L-20 Pulse Rifle 2
Vibro-Sabre (2)
Stormspire Loot:

TW Animal Repellent (WB26 pg. 96)
TW Lantern Poles
TW Watchguard Poles
Lightning Axe
Lightning Rod 2
Xiticix Spear 2
Lexington Ruins Loot
Skorblade Short Sword


“I will call Jenifer and meet the others at the ogres den for a post survival party.
I may hang with Jennifer for a while. so don't wait up for me.


Rocky picks up his radio and speaks into it, "Jenifer, Rocky is here....."

OOC Comments
He will tell her what happened not describing everything but mention he went in with hardly any one and seemed to lose a few , , stating he didn't see all , die so there might be some hope .


As he does so he heads over to his hover cycle, (if Jenefer answers and is available he heads to see her and ask her if she like to join hima or when he is done He could go to her place at the hotel.)

Ogres Den eventually
Rocky
Stats & Stuff
P.P.E.: 11
I.S.P.: 216
H.P.: 49
S.D.C.: 81
Active Powers
Heightened Presence Sense:Range: 70’, 76% for precise # and pinpoint location of presence
Duration: constant, auto sense all presences concentrate 1d4 melees to get exact location
Horror Factor: 14 when intangible
Sense Supernatural Evil Range: 1000' costant
Sense Magic Energy Range: 1900' constant
Sixth Sense
Shadow Cloak M.D.C.: 15
AOI: 60
TW Thunder Gun
Crystal Armor: Main Body: 35, Forcefield: 70
UTI Zapper Gun: 15 shots per E-clip
Crystal Assault Rifle: 40 shots/ must use 8 ISP/shot
2 Phase Swords

Image
User avatar
Rocky
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 494
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:58 am
Location: PAS

Re: M.A.R.S. Compound (213a)

Postby Beckett » Mon May 25, 2020 6:15 pm

(( rolls carried over ))
Horror Factor: 1d20+3 = 22 vs. 12

Samantha listens and writes down on her notepad as Vera talks. This is going to be a tough one if everything doesn't go right.
Notepad wrote:
  1. Rift In, where? About 1 mile out from the city.
  2. Underground facility, Logan? Probably not needed...
  3. Explosives? Probably not needed... Bring some explosives, demolition charges.
  4. What kind of facility is it? Research facility
  5. Who do we need to contact in the facility? Commander Chris Townsend
  6. Personnel Records? 2000 people - need records, at least photo and/or ID Readers
  7. What kind of issue do we need extra firepower?
  8. What is considered acceptable losses of the facility? Facility must be secured...
  9. What is considered acceptable losses of personnel?
  10. Override process on the facility? Vera is the key, and 4 robots on site can override facility.
  11. How do we get back? Same mage, 1 mile away.
  12. Mentioned magic has limitations while in lock down. How about Psionics? Both are limited.
  13. What are the security measures? What about going through the floors?

Additional Notes for Vera
  1. Who is the main competitor?
  2. Unable to provide why it locked down?
  3. Are we expecting Industrial Sabotage? Military Incursion? Pirates?
  4. Where are the security center to shut down the lockdown?

"Thank you," Samantha starts off, "I do have some additional questions." She starts to tap at her notepad, to make sure she doesn't go over the same questions. "I know you stated that there are 2000 people within the facility. Can we have personnel records, at the least a photo ID and employee ID Number. Some way of identifying that they are indeed employee's?"

"Maybe, this is a question for Vera. But what kind of security systems do you have in place to prevent magical and psionic intrusion? And what about a physical breach going directly through the floors?"
Quantum
H.P.: 21 / 21 S.D.C.: 59 / 59
CBR Mk. 2 Light Armor - Valkyrie Upgrade M.D.C. by Location: -15% to physical skills
Helmet - 45/45; Arms (2) - 30/30 each; Legs (2) - 50/50 each; Main Body - 105/105; Undersuit - 25/25
LP-l0H Heavy Laser Pistol: 2d6+2 MD; 16/16 Shots per e-clip; +1 Strike
User avatar
Beckett
Group Leader
 
Posts: 320
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:05 pm
Location: P.A.S. - PC

Re: M.A.R.S. Compound (213a)

Postby Vera Morozov » Mon May 25, 2020 11:36 pm

((Rolls carried over))

Vera nods as Samantha continues her line of questioning. Good, she thought, Inquisitive nature shows that they are experienced enough to not try and go in blind.

Once Beckett finishes asking her next series of questions, the dark red cyborg will begin speaking in turn, "I do not have any personnel records on me, but I am aware of we can get them, as well as track the status of the staffing. There is a central computer for the facility, which tracks both the ID and the vitals of all of the employees via a wristband bio-metric device. Once on site, we may be able to find a way to access this information. If any of the staff have fallen unconscious or have died, their badge will be flagged, and will not be usable for access to the facilities or the doors within."

The bionic woman frowns at the next question, but answers it regardless, "I am afraid I do not know how magical and psionic intrusion is inhibited. I only know that it is, and that it only affects transportation-based magical and psychic powers. As for physical defenses, there are no automated defenses on site, to prevent a hostile force from breaking into our security systems and turning any such defenses on the employees. Instead there is a 400 strong security force that acts as the mundane security system. This security force is composed of ex-mercenary personnel, with people ranging from gunslingers to combat mages. Speaking of the more mundane, I do not believe a breach such as you suggest would be likely. The floors are each contained in fifty feet of reinforced plating, and can only be accessed by a lift system or by the free-floating stairs. Each lift or set of stairs only connects to one other floor, so we will have to traverse through each level to reach the opposing side to gain access to the next floor down. And of those two options, the lift is unavailable due to the lockdown."

She pauses, having finished answering the questions and awaiting new ones, before she blinks, and nods. "My apologies, but I will have to rectify an earlier statement I made. There was a burst transmission that was sent out when the site initially went on lockdown. While we are unaware of what caused it, there are a few small details we do know."

She moves forward, looking down to the holo-map of the New Lazlo region, centered on the facility's location. "The transmission stated that the threat detected was of the highest level, and that it came from within the building itself. No tunneling or other forms of access, normal or otherwise, were detected."
1d20+4 = 9
Last edited by Vera Morozov on Thu May 28, 2020 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vera Morozov
A Russian Angelus ex Machina!

M.D.C.
L1-B1 Light Infantry Armor
  • Main Body: 150/150 M.D.C.
  • Right Arm: 20/20 M.D.C.
  • Left Arm: 20/20 M.D.C.
  • Right Leg: 35/35 M.D.C.
  • Left Leg: 35/35 M.D.C.
  • Head: 15/15 M.D.C.
  • -5% to Physical skills such as Acrobatics, Climbing, Gymnastics, Pick Pockets, Prowl, and Swimming.

M.D.C. by Location
  • Head - 150/150 M.D.C. with Helmet
  • Main Body - 290/290 M.D.C.
  • Right Hand - 30/30 M.D.C.
  • Left Hand - 30/30 M.D.C.
  • Right Arm - 90/90 M.D.C.
  • Left Arm - 90/90 M.D.C.
  • Right Leg - 120/120 M.D.C.
  • Left Leg - 120/120 M.D.C.
  • Right Foot - 65/65 M.D.C.
  • Left Foot - 65/65 M.D.C.
  • Right Wing - 175/175 M.D.C. - Not Present at Moment.
  • Left Wing - 175/175 M.D.C. - Not Present at Moment.
  • Main Rear Jets (3; small) - 40/40 each
  • Lower Maneuvering Jets (3; even smaller) - 25/25 each
  • Wing Mini-Missiles (8; self-launch) - 15/15 M.D.C. each - Not Present at Moment.
  • Concealed Forearm Lasers (2; 1 per arm) - 10/10 M.D.C. each


Weapons & Attacks
Hand-to-Hand Combat:
  • Claw Strike - 3D4 M.D.
  • Head Butt - 2D4 M.D.
  • Restrained Punch - 1D4 M.D.
  • Full Strength Punch - 2D6 M.D.
  • Power Punch - 4D6 M.D.
  • Kick - 2D6 M.D. +2D6 M.D. from the Vibro-Blade damage.
  • Flying Leap Kick or Power Dive (feet first) - Does 1D6x10 - Special effect, see character sheet for details.

Vibro-Scythe: 4D6 M.D. (+2 from W.P. Polearm); Range: Melee or 600' when thrown.
Vibro-Scythe Ion Blaster: 2D6 or 4D6 M.D.; Range: 1,200'; Payload: 30/30, rechargeable via cable to cyborg power supply, or half by E-Clip (15 shots).
Concealed Forearm Lasers: 1D6 M.D. for single, 2D6 M.D. for dual blast (counts as one melee action); Range: 1,600'; Payload: Effectively Unlimited
Wing Mini-Missiles: AP Missiles 1D4x10 M.D., Plasma Missiles 1D6x10 M.D.; Can fire one at a time, or in volleys of two or four; Range: 1 mile; Payload: 8/8, 4 AP and 4 Plasma. - Not Present at Moment.


Constant Effects
Awe/Horror Factor: 12 (+2 if religious or fearful of angels)
Language Translator: Auto-Translates languages at 98.7% accuracy, 70% accuracy for 3-6 speakers. Knows 10 most common languages.
Amplified Hearing: Can hear almost inaudible sounds up to 360 feet away; can track by sound as a skill at 50%.
Passive Nightvision: Nightvision using ambient light out to 2,000' (Range increased to 6,000' when used with telescopic sight)
Light Filters: Reduces glare.
Sound Filters: Diminishes potentially damaging sounds.
Lung with Gas Filter and Oxygen Storage: Can breathe w/out air for up to 2 hours; immune to toxic gases, 94% chance nerve and poison gas do nothing.
User avatar
Vera Morozov
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Sat May 09, 2020 12:48 pm

Re: M.A.R.S. Compound (213a)

Postby Beckett » Tue May 26, 2020 9:32 pm

((rolls carried over))

Samantha continues taking notes and marks off the differences that Vera is making. She's being very diligent at updating her comments so she knows what else to ask the cyborg and potential client.
Notepad wrote:
  1. Rift In, where? About 1 mile out from the city.
  2. Underground facility, Logan? Probably not needed...
  3. Explosives? Probably not needed... Bring some explosives, demolition charges.
  4. What kind of facility is it? Research facility
  5. Who do we need to contact in the facility? Commander Chris Townsend
  6. Personnel Records? 2000 people - need records, at least photo and/or ID Readers Security Center has information on the personnel, notating if they are alive/dead and how to identify them. Note: If they are wearing ID Bracelet, they are considered part of the facility. If removed bracelet deactivates.... are we being issued one?
  7. What kind of issue do we need extra firepower?
  8. What is considered acceptable losses of the facility? Facility must be secured...
  9. What is considered acceptable losses of personnel?
  10. Override process on the facility? Vera is the key, and 5 robots on site can override facility.
  11. How do we get back? Same mage, 1 mile away.
  12. Mentioned magic has limitations while in lock down. How about Psionics? Both are limited.
  13. What are the security measures? What about going through the floors? No security Information on Magic/Psionics. No physical security other than doors/walls. 400 Mercenaries protect facility. Each floor is reinforced with 50 feet of reinforced plating.

Additional Notes for Vera
  1. Who is the main competitor?
  2. Unable to provide why it locked down? Lockdown is due to an internal threat
  3. Are we expecting Industrial Sabotage? Military Incursion? Pirates?
  4. Where are the security center to shut down the lockdown?

When there is a moment to speak, Samantha asks another question, "I really appreciate you answering these questions before we take this mission." She scratches behind her right ear before speaking again, "You mentioned that the personnel on site have ID Bracelets, is it safe to assume that if someone does not have an ID Bracelet, that they are not welcome there? If so, will we be issued one?"

She lets the others ask questions and she'll write down the question and answers as well. Having all this information when forming a plan of action is needed. When everyone is done asking questions, she'll let Pieter escort the two potential clients out before asking her question to the new team. "So, this is the real deal people. You are part of this company, and this is how we make money. But it is still a choice, do you want a shot at making a difference?" She looks at each one, "We need a vote, are we in, or let this one go?"


Military: Etiquette -- 1d100 = 76 / 95% (to help determine if there is any more questions she should be asking on a mission like this. Understanding that the client is giving the outline, but the actual plan MARS will need to come up with)
Military Fortifications -- 1d100 = 39 / 55% (to look at the facility in whole, along with the described fortifications to make sure she understands how much damage the facility could take)
Quantum
H.P.: 21 / 21 S.D.C.: 59 / 59
CBR Mk. 2 Light Armor - Valkyrie Upgrade M.D.C. by Location: -15% to physical skills
Helmet - 45/45; Arms (2) - 30/30 each; Legs (2) - 50/50 each; Main Body - 105/105; Undersuit - 25/25
LP-l0H Heavy Laser Pistol: 2d6+2 MD; 16/16 Shots per e-clip; +1 Strike
User avatar
Beckett
Group Leader
 
Posts: 320
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:05 pm
Location: P.A.S. - PC

Re: M.A.R.S. Compound (213a)

Postby Hazel Meade » Wed May 27, 2020 4:11 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 28% (35% base, +15% on rolls involving electronics, machines, or their combination)
JIC: 1d20 = 3
JIC: 1d100 = 84

Beckett wrote:Samantha reaches down and pets the clockwork wolf, her metal fingers of the battle suit make a slight metal sound on its metal parts.. "With the paperwork signed, I'll show you guys your rooms." Samantha leads the recruits into a large warehouse, where there are some large conex boxes lining the outside edges. Staircases and walkways lead to the triple stacked boxes. While in the center of the room a vehicle that takes up most of the open room. It can only be described as a large boat with landing skids. Off to the side is a large thirty foot tall robot that is in pieces, and another vehicle covered in a tarp.

"Your rooms are on the third floor, three hundred one, three hundred two, and three hundred three. They each have a Jack and Jill bathroom, so you'll be required to share facilities when we are here. We also have a communal locker room here on the ground floor. She points to a door back towards an office. And we also have an Armory to store your weapons and recharge e-clips over there." She smiles and lets the three to get settled. "After you get settled, why don't you head down to the kitchen, its right next to the conference room we were just in."


Hazel eventually parks her Wolftrack in the garage and unpacks her tools, storing most of them right there in the garage. Her personal belongings she takes up to her room, tacking numerous pictures of her former salvage team to the wall. Once she is settled in there, she takes a quiet tour around the garage, looking over what tools, equipment, and vehicles are there. Spotting a damaged power armor Hazel runs a hand over the unit while using Telemechanics to sort out all it's problems, at the same time she begins poking at the various systems. In short order she pulls out her tools and begins removing armor plates and pulling out damaged components.*


Sum of All Fears wrote:Before Beckett gets everyone set with their accommodations, she has them move all the vehicles into the garage so they can remain secure. For Marvin and Hazel the accommodations are better then they could afford right now, and better than they have been living in as of late. The room is bare but spacious for Marvin. There is ample room for additional gear and even a fridge he can stock liquor in. Marvin realizes he is running dry and needs to refill his flask (Flask is 8oz). A thought occurs to him that he may wish to purchase additional flasks or a thermos to refill his flask when they end up in the field. (Marvin include a save vs non-lethal poison with your next post DC 6, and please add the bottle of whiskey purchased from the cafe to your character sheet. Size is 750ml currently 98% remaining. Lose 3% per refill of flask.)

Hazel feels the weight of social interaction lift as her door clicks behind her. The room is bare but livable. Much better than what she is used to. Here alone she begins to feel her spirits rise as she knows this team will help her reach her eventual goal of finding her friend. She had seen the workspace in the garage. It was quite impressive and likely where she can see herself spending the majority of her time.

Twonjym finds the accommodations spartan but nothing wrong with them. He knows from experience they are not likely to be spending a lot of time here. The life of a mercenary is one of near constant struggle.

Rocky sees the new recruits moving about with conflicted emotions. He is happy to see their enthusiasm and the boost their abilities will mean for the future of MARS. Then he is also worried. Mostly for them, but also for himself. He alone came back from the last job. While that is not the norm he has been thinking of little else. Had Pieter not been ahead of the game the last job could very well have been the last job for MARS. The seeds of doubt have been planted. (Rocky Roll for Save vs Insanity DC 12). Rocky also remembers the invitation for drinks for one last get together for the JTFA.

Sam falls into a natural leadership position helping get the new people billeting and guiding the newcomers through the building showing them where all the facilities are.

Everyone:

After about an hour or so everyone heard Pieter over the intercom. ”I’m back. Can I get everyone to the conference room please.”

As everyone files in, Pieter is standing at the head of the table flanked by two individuals. The person on the left looks to be a 50ish human with salt and pepper hair, in a well tailored dark grey business suit. While the person to the right, well they really are not a person, they look like a large robotic angel. When everyone has been seated Pieter speaks, ”I know it’s soon for a lot of us but I have a job for us. I think this job will help bring the new and the old together to help form a better team. This is Mr. Keller owner and founder of the Keller Institute of Technology, KIT for short.” Peiter motions to Mr. Keller and he steps forward. His blue eyes look at each person for a moment to ensure their attention before he continues, ”Yes this job is of some urgency. This morning as of 0500 we lost contact with one of our research facilities south of New Lazlo. I am hiring your company to conduct a recon of the facility, ensure the safety of the personnel and their research materials, and assist the personnel with lifting the lockdown of the facility.” Mr. Keller presses a button on a remote and a holo display of North America hovers in the middle of the table. Pieter dims the lights so all can see. "Our facility is here at the intersection of two ley lines. Travel there will not be an issue. However due to the facility’s lockdown we are unable to open a rift into the facility. It has certain...countermeasures active which prevents anything from getting in or out via rifts or other magical ways. The facility is a ten floor underground facility. There is a primary lift used for normal operations to get from floor to floor, however the lockdown disables it automatically. Now for situations like this there are hidden emergency stairwells on each floor to allow access to the other floors. We are still unsure as to why no one has come out of the facility yet. But that’s where you come in.” Mr. Keller waves to the person standing next to him. ”This is Vera. She has been working for me only a short time, but she has proven invaluable. She has a detailed layout of the facility stored on a disk for you to look over at your leisure. I also want her to accompany you on this job. Some extra fire support always comes in handy for the unexpected. I understand that this group recently came back from a job so as much as I want you to set out immediately I understand the need to re-provision. I hope three days is enough to get what you need, I can spare no more than five days. Should you take longer than five days to prepare, I will have to contract another company. When you are ready to leave contact me at this frequency and I will have my mage open a rift for you to travel by. Your company will be paid 8 million credits upon restoring the facility and getting the personnel out safely. Do you have any questions for me before I leave?”


Hearing the announcement to for everyone to attend the meeting, Hazel sets her tools down on a nearby cart she has been using and follows the others to the meeting. On the way, she hastily wipes her face and hands off on a shop rag before stuffing it into a pocket on her coveralls. She sits somewhere off to the side, quietly listening and making notes about the facility that is being talked about.

Rocky wrote:He Listens to Samm about calling Jenifer as he heads out to see the others who had defeated Nxla he Ask Pieter and Samm, “Hey part of the share of the cut is the good I brought in. If any can use some of the things give it to them. As signing bonus, just keep the jammer and that electrical rod thing for me Oh there is also some good camping poles there should be kept for the group. Oh and maybe have the tech look at the PA see what she can do with it. Pieter do you think someone can do some art, Like Jenifer?”


Hazel raises her hand and waits a moment for someone to notice. Whether someone sees or not, she gets Rocky's attention eventually, "You are saying about the powerrüstung? Is your armor? I have started on before meeting. Need more time. Will get it working if need?".


*[Psychic Powers used and Skill rolls to diagnose power armors problems and disassemble it];
Telemechanics; 0 I.S.P.
Machine & Electrical Diagnosis; 6 I.S.P.
Mechanical Engineer 60%/1d100 = 8
Robot Mechanics 55%/1d100 = 85
User avatar
Hazel Meade
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Sun Apr 26, 2020 4:53 pm

Re: M.A.R.S. Compound (213a)

Postby Twonjym » Wed May 27, 2020 8:47 pm

Percep: 65% = 1d100 = 70
JIC: 1d100 = 88 1d20 = 7

Need to see if the team has any shaped charges. We may need to blow through some doors, if I can't take them off the hinges. Beckett knows her stuff. Seems to be asking all the right questions. But who knows what the issue could be. That's why they wanna hire us to go in there a suss it all out. Of course, much like anything else, whatever plans we make will go to pot as soon as we're on site. Twonjym's head shifts back and forth on a tilt as he ponders the answers given by Vera.

Eventually Jym says, "I reckon there's something else I should ask but I can't figure out what it is, after Beckett did such a bang up job." He continues to sit and wait, giving the other time to raise any questions of their own.

After the potential employer has left and Beckett requests a vote, Twonjym raises a large finger and says, "Seams like as good a job as any. Though I get the feeling that they were fiddling with something they shouldn't have been." Jym gives a 'what can you do' shrug and looks around to see how the others are voting,
Last edited by Twonjym on Thu May 28, 2020 3:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Twonjym "Jim" Miklar
Status
MDC: 134/134

Horror/Awe Factor: 12 (8 as a Gunfighter)
User avatar
Twonjym
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 37
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:04 pm

Re: M.A.R.S. Compound (213a)

Postby Beckett » Wed May 27, 2020 9:11 pm

(( rolls carried over ))

The Grackletooth Sheriff wrote:After the potential employer has left and Beckett requests a vote, Twonjym raises a large finger and says, "Seams like as good a job as any. Though I get the feeling that they were fiddling with something they shouldn't have been." Jym gives a 'what can you do' shrug and looks around to see how the others are voting,

"I agree," she starts off. "It definitely looks like they have something loose, whether its a critter or some sort of germ, I don't know. But they aren't asking us to make sure it survives. And that is something we should get clarification on before we sign on."

She looks at the German mechanic and speaks slowly Trying to make sure the woman doesn't miss what she's saying, "Hazel, if you want to earn some money, we have to sign on a mission. Are you willing to risk your life for this mission?"

Now that reminds me, we need to negotiate besides pay, damage repair, and ammunition replacement.
Quantum
H.P.: 21 / 21 S.D.C.: 59 / 59
CBR Mk. 2 Light Armor - Valkyrie Upgrade M.D.C. by Location: -15% to physical skills
Helmet - 45/45; Arms (2) - 30/30 each; Legs (2) - 50/50 each; Main Body - 105/105; Undersuit - 25/25
LP-l0H Heavy Laser Pistol: 2d6+2 MD; 16/16 Shots per e-clip; +1 Strike
User avatar
Beckett
Group Leader
 
Posts: 320
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:05 pm
Location: P.A.S. - PC

Re: M.A.R.S. Compound (213a)

Postby Marvin Prescott » Thu May 28, 2020 6:12 am

Perception: 1d100 = 67% (30%)
JIC: 1d20 = 14
JIC: 1d100 = 95

Marvin listens in on the briefing and for a change, he doesn't have his flask in hand. He pulls out a hand held computer and begins typing in notes as the two talk. At one point he seems to be about to say something, but when Beckett rattles off a laundry list of questions he stops and waits for the answers. Whatever he was about to ask, apparently is has been covered. He does have one of his own though, "Beckett, how well is the armory stocked up with explosives? I don't mean fusion blocks mind you, but low power C4 or Semtex? If we have some, I can put together a few breaching charges and such before we head out.".
User avatar
Marvin Prescott
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:26 am

Re: M.A.R.S. Compound (213a)

Postby Vera Morozov » Thu May 28, 2020 4:17 pm

(( Rolls carried over ))

Vera nods at Samantha at the blonde woman's thanks, "It is of no issue. I wish for this to succeed, and the more your group is informed and prepared, the better off we will all be. As for the ID's, I know where to access them on the facility, so they should be simple enough for us to obtain, I believe."

With that, as it seems that there are no other questions from the others in the group, at least for the moment, she steps back, letting her employer wrap up the meeting before taking leave with him as the contract is considered by the group. She will remain where she is requested to by her superior, waiting for the response from the M.A.R.S. team just as the unaugmented human is. An interesting group to be sure. They seem to be inquisitive enough, at least the D-Bee and the blonde woman are, and the others were clearly taking notes. A good sign for things to come with this group.
Vera Morozov
A Russian Angelus ex Machina!

M.D.C.
L1-B1 Light Infantry Armor
  • Main Body: 150/150 M.D.C.
  • Right Arm: 20/20 M.D.C.
  • Left Arm: 20/20 M.D.C.
  • Right Leg: 35/35 M.D.C.
  • Left Leg: 35/35 M.D.C.
  • Head: 15/15 M.D.C.
  • -5% to Physical skills such as Acrobatics, Climbing, Gymnastics, Pick Pockets, Prowl, and Swimming.

M.D.C. by Location
  • Head - 150/150 M.D.C. with Helmet
  • Main Body - 290/290 M.D.C.
  • Right Hand - 30/30 M.D.C.
  • Left Hand - 30/30 M.D.C.
  • Right Arm - 90/90 M.D.C.
  • Left Arm - 90/90 M.D.C.
  • Right Leg - 120/120 M.D.C.
  • Left Leg - 120/120 M.D.C.
  • Right Foot - 65/65 M.D.C.
  • Left Foot - 65/65 M.D.C.
  • Right Wing - 175/175 M.D.C. - Not Present at Moment.
  • Left Wing - 175/175 M.D.C. - Not Present at Moment.
  • Main Rear Jets (3; small) - 40/40 each
  • Lower Maneuvering Jets (3; even smaller) - 25/25 each
  • Wing Mini-Missiles (8; self-launch) - 15/15 M.D.C. each - Not Present at Moment.
  • Concealed Forearm Lasers (2; 1 per arm) - 10/10 M.D.C. each


Weapons & Attacks
Hand-to-Hand Combat:
  • Claw Strike - 3D4 M.D.
  • Head Butt - 2D4 M.D.
  • Restrained Punch - 1D4 M.D.
  • Full Strength Punch - 2D6 M.D.
  • Power Punch - 4D6 M.D.
  • Kick - 2D6 M.D. +2D6 M.D. from the Vibro-Blade damage.
  • Flying Leap Kick or Power Dive (feet first) - Does 1D6x10 - Special effect, see character sheet for details.

Vibro-Scythe: 4D6 M.D. (+2 from W.P. Polearm); Range: Melee or 600' when thrown.
Vibro-Scythe Ion Blaster: 2D6 or 4D6 M.D.; Range: 1,200'; Payload: 30/30, rechargeable via cable to cyborg power supply, or half by E-Clip (15 shots).
Concealed Forearm Lasers: 1D6 M.D. for single, 2D6 M.D. for dual blast (counts as one melee action); Range: 1,600'; Payload: Effectively Unlimited
Wing Mini-Missiles: AP Missiles 1D4x10 M.D., Plasma Missiles 1D6x10 M.D.; Can fire one at a time, or in volleys of two or four; Range: 1 mile; Payload: 8/8, 4 AP and 4 Plasma. - Not Present at Moment.


Constant Effects
Awe/Horror Factor: 12 (+2 if religious or fearful of angels)
Language Translator: Auto-Translates languages at 98.7% accuracy, 70% accuracy for 3-6 speakers. Knows 10 most common languages.
Amplified Hearing: Can hear almost inaudible sounds up to 360 feet away; can track by sound as a skill at 50%.
Passive Nightvision: Nightvision using ambient light out to 2,000' (Range increased to 6,000' when used with telescopic sight)
Light Filters: Reduces glare.
Sound Filters: Diminishes potentially damaging sounds.
Lung with Gas Filter and Oxygen Storage: Can breathe w/out air for up to 2 hours; immune to toxic gases, 94% chance nerve and poison gas do nothing.
User avatar
Vera Morozov
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Sat May 09, 2020 12:48 pm

Re: M.A.R.S. Compound (213a)

Postby Beckett » Fri May 29, 2020 8:09 pm

(( rolls carried over ))

Samantha nods with a deep understanding to Vera's answer, "We'll let you know in a moment." Then lets Vera and their client step out of the room before she grills the new team.

She asks them if they want the job, nobody answers right away. But Marvin does have a question related to the mission, "Our stockpiles of explosives are usually with missiles. But anything that was silver and explosives were taken out in the last mission. I am sure we will need to resupply before going on this one." She looks at the team, "That means we need to make a quick shopping trip, and as we know the more time we wait, the more entrenched things get on the other end. We need to quickly get the stuff we need, make a plan, and execute if we take this job."

OOC Guys: Make a decision if you want to do this mission!
Quantum
H.P.: 21 / 21 S.D.C.: 59 / 59
CBR Mk. 2 Light Armor - Valkyrie Upgrade M.D.C. by Location: -15% to physical skills
Helmet - 45/45; Arms (2) - 30/30 each; Legs (2) - 50/50 each; Main Body - 105/105; Undersuit - 25/25
LP-l0H Heavy Laser Pistol: 2d6+2 MD; 16/16 Shots per e-clip; +1 Strike
User avatar
Beckett
Group Leader
 
Posts: 320
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:05 pm
Location: P.A.S. - PC

Re: M.A.R.S. Compound (213a)

Postby Twonjym » Fri May 29, 2020 9:08 pm

[rolls held]

Twonjym grins as Beckett talks about a plan, A plan is good but things never go accordingly. Best plan and be prepared. He eventually speaks up, "My vote is we take the job. The pay isn't bad and since we ain't using our vehicles, damage to our big ticket items is likely to be low." He glances around the conference room at the others in the team. "Assuming we take the job, this could range from a broke computer to raiders to a critter infestation or illness. So make sure your gear covers the bases but don't bog yourself down." He gives Hazel a wink, hoping the kid doesn't try to bring all her tools along.
Twonjym "Jim" Miklar
Status
MDC: 134/134

Horror/Awe Factor: 12 (8 as a Gunfighter)
User avatar
Twonjym
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 37
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:04 pm

Re: M.A.R.S. Compound (213a)

Postby Rocky » Sat May 30, 2020 6:49 pm

Perception: 1d20+3 = 10
JIC d20: 1d20 = 19
JIC d100: 1d100 = 38

Rocky arrives on his hover and see a group Of peopel with the Mars group , he heads over to Pieter and ask, "What's up? We on a mission? Did a Minerva show up?"

Rocky nods to the others as they come by. "Sorry,was busy last night as I said."
Rocky
Stats & Stuff
P.P.E.: 11
I.S.P.: 216
H.P.: 49
S.D.C.: 81
Active Powers
Heightened Presence Sense:Range: 70’, 76% for precise # and pinpoint location of presence
Duration: constant, auto sense all presences concentrate 1d4 melees to get exact location
Horror Factor: 14 when intangible
Sense Supernatural Evil Range: 1000' costant
Sense Magic Energy Range: 1900' constant
Sixth Sense
Shadow Cloak M.D.C.: 15
AOI: 60
TW Thunder Gun
Crystal Armor: Main Body: 35, Forcefield: 70
UTI Zapper Gun: 15 shots per E-clip
Crystal Assault Rifle: 40 shots/ must use 8 ISP/shot
2 Phase Swords

Image
User avatar
Rocky
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 494
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:58 am
Location: PAS

Re: M.A.R.S. Compound (213a)

Postby Beckett » Sat May 30, 2020 8:48 pm

(( rolls held over ))

Samantha nods to Twonjym's statement, Finally someone who saying that they want to do the job. Marvin's talking equipment purchases, that's two. I'm concerned about Hazel, getting too deep. But I was green around the Mercenary trade too.

"Okay we got one vote, she starts off. "As chair and the bylaws, I don't get a vote unless there is a tie breaker. But I do get a say." She turns to Hazel and Marvin, "What do you two say? Are you in?"
Quantum
H.P.: 21 / 21 S.D.C.: 59 / 59
CBR Mk. 2 Light Armor - Valkyrie Upgrade M.D.C. by Location: -15% to physical skills
Helmet - 45/45; Arms (2) - 30/30 each; Legs (2) - 50/50 each; Main Body - 105/105; Undersuit - 25/25
LP-l0H Heavy Laser Pistol: 2d6+2 MD; 16/16 Shots per e-clip; +1 Strike
User avatar
Beckett
Group Leader
 
Posts: 320
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:05 pm
Location: P.A.S. - PC

Re: M.A.R.S. Compound (213a)

Postby Sum of All Fears » Sun May 31, 2020 8:55 am

Mr. Keller yields the floor to his assistant Vera who is able to answer most of the critical questions for the MARS personnel. Mr. Keller looks pleased at the questions being asked. ”I will add that Vera does have the only copy of the facility map outside of the facility. If you accept the job you will be granted access to it so you may better prepare yourselves for moving through the facility.” Mr. Keller does exit to let MARS have their private talk. He knows this is critical to the function of the group.

”Thank you for fielding their questions Vera. Those questions seem to lead me to believe we came to the right group. I actually don’t know what we would do if they refused.” Mr. Keller’s shoulders slump slightly as the weight of his responsibilities pull at him. Vera knows more than half of KIT employees are working in this facility. Despite being mostly machine she can feel Mr. Keller’s near desperation to find out what happened to his people.

MARS discusses the validity of the mission and potential ways to tackle the job. While this seems like a good idea at first Sam speaks up to let the group know they have not actually said yes to the job yet. As the group gets into further discussion regarding the mission and whether to accept it or pass on it Rocky returns with Minerva in tow. Time has past quicker then everyone anticipated as it is now later evening. Rocky introduces Minerva to the group as a former member of the Spooks Squad who is looking for a change of pace. He includes she was also part of the effort to prevent Nxla from devouring the earth. With a few yays and no nays Sam feels confident enough to bring Mr. Keller and Vera back into the room to accept the job.

With the acceptance of the job Mr. Keller seems to stand a little straighter with a little spark of hope in his eye. ”I am truly grateful. Now lets down into the details.”

Minerva go ahead and post an introduction of yourself to the group.

Continue to post here.
M.A.R.S. GM

"Any problem can be solved with the judicious application of high explosives."

Other Accounts: The Apothecary (AAPS/Atlantis/Spooks AGM); Wolf Whitaker (Roughnecks PC); Keiko (H4H PC); Raz I'Syul Arro (GR PC)
User avatar
Sum of All Fears
Game Master
 
Posts: 68
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2020 2:24 pm

Previous

Return to The Outskirts

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest