Heroes Haven (145a)

Dominated by the mages of MercTown and shops specializing in magic gear, weapons, and accessories.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Heroes Haven (145a)

Postby Zoe Barenger » Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:26 am

Image

This sprawling two-story structure occupies an entire city block near the Collegiate Arcane. Two aerial entrances on the upper floor on the East and South sides of the building stand out as odd features on an otherwise unnoteworthy exterior. The building appears to be a nondescript brownstone mansion with inset one-way windows spaced regularly along both floors. There is a 25' rolling metal door on the South side of the building for access to the compound's garage, and a thick front door made from solid oak. A bronze plaque on the wall beside the front door bears the following engraved inscription:

Plaque wrote:This structure is dedicated to Heroes for Hire and Zoe Barenger for their help in my time of need. ~Cliff "Fixer" Jones


Image

Ground Floor Key:
1. Lobby
2. Office
3. Conference Room
4. Armory
5. Vault
6. Garage and Workshop (two stories with rooftop access)
7. Storage Room
8. Laboratory
9. Locker Rooms
10. Indoor Pool and Patio
11. Sparring Mats and Gym
12. Public Restrooms
13. Main Hall with Travel Circle (incomplete)


Image


Upper Floor Key:
1. Bedroom*
2. Bedroom*
3. Ronith's Bedroom
4. Bedroom
5. Barracuda's Bedroom*
6. Rae's Bedroom*
7. Zoe's Bedroom (rooftop access)
8. Multi-occupant Berthing
9. The Delhomme's Bedroom
10. Kitchen
11. Pantry
12. Laundry Room
13. Storage Room
14. Storage Room
15. Common Room and Dining Hall (balcony overlooks Lobby below)

*A bathroom is shared between Bedrooms 1 and 2 and Bedrooms 5 and 6.

Heroes Haven Storage Thread
User avatar
Zoe Barenger
Assistant Game Master
 
Posts: 159
Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:17 am
Location: AGM: Heroes for Hire

Re: Heroes Haven (145a)

Postby Zoe Barenger » Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:47 pm

Zoe’s Note: Please be sure to read the Haven’s description above and choose a bedroom, if you haven’t done so already. Also, let me know if I need to move any gear around. Thanks! Now, let’s have a little in-town adventure!

As the team makes their way through the checkpoint and into town, one of the Defenders pulls Sir Ronith aside. “Heroes for Hire, eh? Trouble’s brewing at home,” he says matter-of-factly. “Best watch yourselves on the streets. We’ll certainly be keeping an eye on you. Thieves are dealt with swift justice around here.” With his warning out of the way, the defender waves Ronith and the rest through. Should Ronith press the man for more information, he’ll simply chuckle. “Move along, sir.” Snapi and Savannah are allowed through the gates; however, boarding at the stables is recommended by another guard.

It doesn’t take long for the team to makes sense of the defender’s warning. It’s a short journey to the Mystic Quarter. As they approach the Haven, they find that a protest is taking place right outside their front door. A quick count reveals that there are about 30 people and D-Bees gathered here. Many folks carry signs that read Looters for Hire and Remember Kraus, amongst more unsavory messages. The crowd chants in unison, “Looters for Hire! Looters for Hire!”
H4H-Protest-Signs.png
H4H-Protest-Signs.png (46.16 KiB) Viewed 30507 times

Watching the protest, Zoe leans against the frame of the open doorway leading into the Haven. Her arms are crossed over her chest, and the expression she wears makes it painfully clear that she is thoroughly annoyed by the situation. A silent air elemental guards the front gate, shielding its mistress from harm. That said, the crowd doesn’t seem violent yet. A man, Dorian Segali, stands next to Zoe in the doorway. Those who have visited his shop, the Wizard’s Chest, may recognize him as the proprietor. As soon as Zoe catches sight of Ronith, her eyes narrow into a glare.

Despite the gift of tongues granted to her by the wand, Marit struggles to make sense of the protesters’ signs and the reasoning for their shouts. She looks to Beltin for an explaination. “Looters for Hire? Why is everyone so distressed, Husband? Why do they chant such things?” she asks him in Euro. She seems disappointed, as if she had been expecting a heroes’ welcome for her husband and his companions.

For the moment, the crowd doesn’t seem to notice that the team has returned home. What are your intentions? Do you address the protesters? Or do you try to slip around to the back entrance?
User avatar
Zoe Barenger
Assistant Game Master
 
Posts: 159
Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:17 am
Location: AGM: Heroes for Hire

Re: Heroes Haven (145a)

Postby Raga Grimcrow » Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:44 am

JIC 1d20 = 3 1d100 = 27
PER 1d20+4 = 13

Raga, having no idea what's going on and having missed all pertinent details up to this point, snorts and bellows out at the crowd, "FOOLS! This the home of the HEROES FOR HIRE, not these Looters of which you speak. Heroes. A finer bunch of warriors you could not meet. NOW CLEAR OUT!" Raga sends Snapi through the mob, hopefully spreading them out in his wake. When/if he makes it to the gate, Raga bows from muleback to Zoe, "Ma'am, greetings, I am Raga Grimcrow, your newest recruit. May I educate this rabble for you?"
Raga Grimcrow
 

Re: Heroes Haven (145a)

Postby Barracuda » Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:57 am

Perception: 1d20+1 = 7
JIC: 1d20 = 181d100 = 11

After trudging through the woods to get to MercTown, all Barracuda can think about is the swimming pool back at HQ. Oh man... I am about to rest so hard! Dude! When they get to the Heroes Haven and he sees the protesters, he wastes no time silencing the crowd using his mastery over sound and then he walks straight up to the gates and turns around to the crowd. Using his sound abilities again, he makes his voice loud (70 db), deep and booming in an attempt to intimidate the protesters. "You're done here. Shut up and go home." Oh god, oh god, oh god, I hate crowds...
Barracuda
Benjamin "Barracuda" Berry, Lord of the Bay
SDC: 121/121
HP: 23/23
Critical Strike: 18-20



Amulet of Protection Against The Supernatural: +2 vs. Horror Factor and Possession
Image
User avatar
Barracuda
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 312
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:14 am
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC

Re: Heroes Haven (145a)

Postby Bogdan » Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:21 am

Perception: 1d20+1 = 8
JIC: 1d20 = 7 / 1d100 = 64
ISP: ?/157

Bogdan follows the others toward the Haven, but slows as he sees the crowd. I'll let them enjoy the spotlight; I had no hand in their victory. Hold on, those people don't seem happy. What kind of a group have I associated with? Barely had the thoughts crossed his mind before Gajiba chimes in. Ha. I told you before all this started and now look. You're in a strange place, don't speak the language and have no money. When will you learn? Sometimes I wonder why I try. Taip*, if I didn't care for you like a son... Instead of responding, the Russian stays back and watched the events unfold.

*Yes.

OCC - Bogdan would like room 4
Bogdan
 

Re: Heroes Haven (145a)

Postby Ronith » Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:37 am

JIC: 1d20 = 6, 1d100 = 50
PER: 1d20+8 = 22

Charm/Impress- 1d100 = 55 vs. 70%
'cuz who wants to protest a looker?

Home at last. Ronith gives no sign of his relief as the team finally returns to MercTown. All the better, perhaps, given that things are less-than-copacetic. Puzzled at the guard's accusation of thievery, Ronith finds his attempt to get more information on the subject rebuffed. Squelching a sigh, he resolves to find out more after the newcomers have gotten settled and Ronith himself has taken a nice hot shower.

Arriving at the Haven, Ronith is surprised to see that matters have taken such a drastic turn. So much so that he does not react in time to stop some of the team's more outspoken members. Stifling another sigh, Ronith lowers the hood of his cloak and politely pushes through the crowd- until he is at the front of it, between the rioters and the Haven. If nothing else, he will try to use Barracuda's loudspeaker-like ability to his advantage, addressing the crowd in the (presumed) silence after the mutant's announcement.

"Raga, Barracuda. That. Is. ENOUGH. These people are not our enemies. They are our neighbors. If they have a grievance, I would hear it. Barracuda, please take the hovercycle and our new friends inside and help them get settled. Beltin and I will handle this."

If the crowd is still loud and/or agitated at this point, Ronith will raise his hands to appeal for calm and wait patiently for a chance to address the assembled masses. Any objects throw his way in the meantime will be deflected with a judiciously-summoned psi-sword or dodged with a minimum of movement, but Ronith will take no other action that could be construed as hostile. When he has a chance, he will speak.

"Would someone care to explain what is going on? My fellow citizens, if we have wronged you or Mr. Kraus in any way, I would make it right. I can assure you, Heroes for Hire does not engage in common banditry. Whatever it is that has happened, it must surely be some kind of misunderstanding. Is Kraus here? I would speak with him.

Should any of the details of the incident come to light, Ronith will turn to Beltin. "Is this true?" If confirmed, he will add "Friends, I can only apologize. Things were chaotic during the demon attack. My team did what it felt was necessary to combat the threat. Rest assured, we shall make it right."

Auto-parries with psi-sword: 1d20+18 = 25, 1d20+18 = 22, 1d20+18 = 20, 1d20+18 = 34, 1d20+18 = 31, 1d20+18 = 34, 1d20+18 = 23, 1d20+18 = 21
Dodges: 1d20+13 = 28, 1d20+13 = 33, 1d20+13 = 15, 1d20+13 = 29, 1d20+13 = 23, 1d20+13 = 27, 1d20+13 = 21, 1d20+13 = 25
I am better than you. You just don't know it.
Always active- Sixth Sense; 300ft Nightvision; Amplified Hearing; See the invisible
+12 vs. Magic, 11 vs. HF, 8 vs. Psi
Status
ISP- 20/66; PPE- 47/57; MDC- 54/86; EBA and cyber-armor destroyed
Talismans: AoI (0/3); Invulnerability (0/3); Cleanse (2/3)

Anti-tech bonuses: No machine/m. weapon bonuses; bonus (tB) +2I/s/p, +1 dodge; opponents -2s/-4s if m. weapons, -2d, -1APM
User avatar
Ronith
Group Leader
 
Posts: 504
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:15 pm
Location: Group Leader: Heroes for Hire

Re: Heroes Haven (145a)

Postby Beltin Delhomme » Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:59 am

Perception: 1d20+6 = 23
JIC: 1d20 = 18 | 1d100 = 79%

The protesters gathered around the Haven give Beltin pause. He reads the signs and begins to mull over their meaning, trying to deduce the chain of cause-effect that led them here. Looters? Could this be due our behavior during the assault on MercTown? The salesman at Kraus' was slain before my eyes by a gargoyle that I had to dispatch. But why would there be so much anger? If memory serves, I also sent a digital mail to Triax headquarters letting them know the situation and that we would be willing to pay for any borrowed inventory we used to repel the demons. I had to borrow a helmet to protect myself against the boom gun... Did Norill grab some hardware? I can't quite remember.

Beltin's hurried trip down memory lane is cut short when his wife seeks an explanation.
Zoe Barenger wrote:Despite the gift of tongues granted to her by the wand, Marit struggles to make sense of the protesters’ signs and the reasoning for their shouts. She looks to Beltin for an explaination. “Looters for Hire? Why is everyone so distressed, Husband? Why do they chant such things?” she asks him in Euro. She seems disappointed, as if she had been expecting a heroes’ welcome for her husband and his companions.

Responding in Euro, he says gently, "This is very unexpected and likely stems from a misunderstanding..." Or perhaps something more nefarious or malicious... Beltin muses idly to himself. "We were involved in the successful defense of this city against a demonic horde recently, but was there at the beginning of the conflict. We were caught quite unawares and a salesperson in a military hardware store, called Kraus' was slain before my eyes. A gargoyle burst into the scene quite unexpectedly and cleaved him in twain. I am a little uncertain why we are being called looters, but it may have to do with the fact that we had to requisition some of the hardware to fight off the demons that were flooding in."

Raga and Barracuda's responses cause Beltin to cringe at the crude manner in which they try to handle the crowd. He is therefore glad when Sir Ronith steps in and tries to better guide the protesters to an amiable resolution. "Please Marit, go inside with the others. I will stay with Sir Ronith and try to clear up this misunderstanding. All will be well."

When asked about the situation by Sir Ronith, Beltin will nod faintly. "I was present during the tragic slaying of the salesman by the demon. The murder was so unexpected that I was unable to stop it. I borrowed a damaged helmet. And perhaps some ordinance was also taken by Norill. But I had every intention of paying for the inventory once things settled down. I even access the system console at the shop to relay such information. I do not believe I was ever given a bill though, so did not think it to be an issue that needed resolution. We have been away on missions since then and did not know anything was amiss."
User avatar
Beltin Delhomme
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 289
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:24 pm
Location: Heroes for Hire - PC

Re: Heroes Haven (145a)

Postby Bellone » Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:32 pm

Perception: 1d20+4 = 13
JIC: 1d20 = 17 1d100 = 19

As they get back into Merctown and turn the corner Benjamin is not sure what to make of the scene at first. He raises one eyebrow and looks to Sir Ronith as if to ask. Something we should know about? When Raga and Barracuda try to chase them off he just remains stoic to it all. Not the move I'd make guys, but lets see how this plays out. Just as Benjamin believes the crowd will turn on them Sir Ronith once again takes the lead. Following his new leaders instructions he heads inside. If a fight is to start it will not be because of me. As soon as no one appears to be looking Benjamin returns to the door and waits out of sight ready to jump in if needed.



OOC: I'd like 3
Bellone
 

Re: Heroes Haven (145a)

Postby Zoe Barenger » Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:32 am

Raga Grimcrow wrote:"FOOLS! This the home of the HEROES FOR HIRE, not these Looters of which you speak. Heroes. A finer bunch of warriors you could not meet. NOW CLEAR OUT!" Raga sends Snapi through the mob, hopefully spreading them out in his wake.

It seems that Raga’s lesson falls upon deaf ears. The crowd continues to chant "Looters for Hire!" with more gusto than before. When the dwarven knight urges Snapi forward, the crowd allows him to pass, and he makes it to the gate without further incident. The protesters fill in behind Raga, leaving him sandwiched between the crowd and Zoe’s elemental brother at the gate.
Raga Grimcrow wrote:Raga bows from muleback to Zoe, "Ma'am, greetings, I am Raga Grimcrow, your newest recruit. May I educate this rabble for you?"

When Raga’s voice rings out over the shouts, Zoe raises her hands to massage her temples. When the dwarf rides up and introduces himself from muleback, Zoe’s hands fall in disbelief. She stares at him for a few seconds, then her gaze moves to Ronith as if to confirm Raga’s claim. A moment and an eyeroll later, she gives Raga a reply. “By all means,” Zoe says, gesturing to the crowd. Barracuda beats Raga to the punch.
Barracuda wrote:...deep and booming in an attempt to intimidate the protesters. "You're done here. Shut up and go home."

Barracuda’s voice leaves the crowd in stunned silence, allowing Ronith to speak up. The cyberknight throws back the hood of his cloak and makes his way to the front of the crowd.
Ronith wrote:"Raga, Barracuda. That. Is. ENOUGH. These people are not our enemies. They are our neighbors. If they have a grievance, I would hear it. Barracuda, please take the hovercycle and our new friends inside and help them get settled. Beltin and I will handle this. Would someone care to explain what is going on? My fellow citizens, if we have wronged you or Mr. Kraus in any way, I would make it right. I can assure you, Heroes for Hire does not engage in common banditry. Whatever it is that has happened, it must surely be some kind of misunderstanding. Is Kraus here? I would speak with him.

Arms-Dwarf.png
Arms-Dwarf.png (48.04 KiB) Viewed 30431 times

The protesters begin to chant again; however, before they can get too worked up, a dwarf emerges from the crowd. He shoves a couple of fingers into his mouth and whistles loudly to silence the protesters. "Pipe down!" he yells out a couple of times before turning his attention to Ronith. "Kraus is away on business. I’m in charge," he boldly announces. Ronith and Beltin both recognize the dwarf as the Asgardian owner of Arms of Yore. "There’s no misunderstanding…caught him," he points at Belitn, "and that robot guy stealing from Kraus’ and over poor Denis’ dead body! And you, Sir, you just stood by and let them take whatever pleased them. Surely Odin is ashamed of you!" The Asgardian dwarf looks to Raga next. "Brother, you’ve been misled. Best find better company," he warns.

Beltin tells Ronith what he remembers of the demon attack and what happened at Kraus’ shop. A moment later, Ronith speaks again.
Ronith wrote:"Friends, I can only apologize. Things were chaotic during the demon attack. My team did what it felt was necessary to combat the threat. Rest assured, we shall make it right."

"Oh, and how do you propose to do that?" the dwarf challenges smugly. "And what about the other shops you’ve robbed?" The crowd bursts into a cacophony of shouts. "I want my money! Your red eyes don’t scare me! You’ll get what’s coming to you!" When the crowd renews their shouting, Dorian runs his hands through his hair and appears distressed. He begins to pace, but Zoe stops him with a gentle touch to the shoulder. "We'll fix this," she tells him.

While all of this is going on, Ben and Bogdan calmly watch the situation and wonder what they’ve gotten themselves into. Marit whispers a couple of foreign words before affixing a small slip of paper to Beltin’s chest. The symbol drawn upon it likewise doesn’t make sense to the mindmelter. His wife kisses his cheek before he can give the ward much thought. "For luck," she assures him before slipping through the crowd to stand near Barracuda’s side.

What happens next?
User avatar
Zoe Barenger
Assistant Game Master
 
Posts: 159
Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:17 am
Location: AGM: Heroes for Hire

Re: Heroes Haven (145a)

Postby Ronith » Wed Sep 24, 2014 5:54 pm

JIC: 1d20 = 9, 1d100 = 90
PER: 1d20+8 = 9

Charm/Impress- 1d100 = 40 vs. 70%

Ronith's eyes blaze as the Dwarf dares to invoke the name of Odin. He'll let the man say his piece, and goes through his recollection of the day not too long ago when all this took place. When he responds, his conciliatory tone is gone- replaced by the hard edge of steel in his voice.

"I remember you now, master dwarf. You yourself were conveniently absent for the gargoyle's attack on the Arms Bazaar. Where was your concern for your friend when he needed you? Your self-righteous invocation of the All-Father is unseemly and dishonorable. I do not recall seeing you anywhere near the walls when the demon hordes engaged the defenders."

"First. My second-in-command contacted Kraus' suppliers in Germany via electronic mail immediately after the attack. He informed them of the situation, and offered to pay any recompense they felt necessary under the circumstances. We have yet to hear a reply from either Kraus or his representative."

"Second. What other shops, exactly, do you claim we have robbed. And when? Have you any proof of this slander?"

Ronith stops. He replays the shopkeepers remarks in his mind again.

"Red eyes? What in Odin's name are you talking about? I don't..."

He frowns. When he speaks again, his tone is once again conciliatory. "Good sir. Neither I nor any of those under my command have red eyes. Do you have any proof of these allegations? I would review it if you do. If you require assurances of our good faith in this matter, you need only ask us what we can do. But something is wrong here. We are not the criminals you think we are- and I think that if you give us the opportunity to prove it, we can uncover the true perpetrators."

He glances significantly at Beltin and telepathically contacts him ((-4 ISP)). Something is wrong here. We are being framed.

"Even if our assistance during the demon-siege is not sufficient proof of our good intentions, there are those in this town who can vouch for us, if necessary. I am asking for the benefit of the doubt, for a little while. If I am proven right, we can uncover the true criminals here and put a stop to whatever has been happening in town during our absence. If I am proven false, well..." Ronith glances over at the mob, "...It is not like you do not know where we live. What say you?"
I am better than you. You just don't know it.
Always active- Sixth Sense; 300ft Nightvision; Amplified Hearing; See the invisible
+12 vs. Magic, 11 vs. HF, 8 vs. Psi
Status
ISP- 20/66; PPE- 47/57; MDC- 54/86; EBA and cyber-armor destroyed
Talismans: AoI (0/3); Invulnerability (0/3); Cleanse (2/3)

Anti-tech bonuses: No machine/m. weapon bonuses; bonus (tB) +2I/s/p, +1 dodge; opponents -2s/-4s if m. weapons, -2d, -1APM
User avatar
Ronith
Group Leader
 
Posts: 504
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:15 pm
Location: Group Leader: Heroes for Hire

Re: Heroes Haven (145a)

Postby Raga Grimcrow » Fri Sep 26, 2014 5:24 pm

PER 1d20+4 = 7. [Make removable]
JIC 1d20 = 19. [Make removable] 1d100 = 3. [Make removable]

Zoe Barenger wrote:
Arms-Dwarf.png

The protesters begin to chant again; however, before they can get too worked up, a dwarf emerges from the crowd. He shoves a couple of fingers into his mouth and whistles loudly to silence the protesters. "Pipe down!" he yells out a couple of times before turning his attention to Ronith. "Kraus is away on business. I’m in charge," he boldly announces. Ronith and Beltin both recognize the dwarf as the Asgardian owner of Arms of Yore. "There’s no misunderstanding…caught him," he points at Belitn, "and that robot guy stealing from Kraus’ and over poor Denis’ dead body! And you, Sir, you just stood by and let them take whatever pleased them. Surely Odin is ashamed of you!" The Asgardian dwarf looks to Raga next. "Brother, you’ve been misled. Best find better company," he warns.


Raga, a little taken aback at meeting one of his kinsmen leading an angry mob outside the gates of his new home, hesitates for a moment, and it is good that he does. Ronith takes the lead and addresses the dwarf and his words and voice cause Raga to gather himself and just seethe rather than explode in rage. Brother? This maggot is no Grimcrow. Out in the wilds of the megaverse every single one of the kinsmen that I've met rushes to claim me brother, in the Dwarf Halls of Asgard they would spit upon a son of Grimcrow. Raga dismounts from Snapi and stands behind Ronith glowering at the other dwarf. When Ronith is finished Raga adds, in Old Norse, "Brother," he spits the word out. "Let me reciprocate the friendly advice, if you continue to invoke the All-Father's name while spewing these lies and exaggerations then you condemn your dishonest, broke-dick soul to an eternity of Hel. Best shut up and go home to your goats."
Raga Grimcrow
 

Re: Heroes Haven (145a)

Postby Beltin Delhomme » Sat Sep 27, 2014 4:10 am

Perception: 1d20+6 = 11
JIC: 1d20 = 20 | 1d100 = 65%

Zoe Barenger wrote:Marit whispers a couple of foreign words before affixing a small slip of paper to Beltin’s chest. The symbol drawn upon it likewise doesn’t make sense to the mindmelter. His wife kisses his cheek before he can give the ward much thought. "For luck," she assures him before slipping through the crowd to stand near Barracuda’s side.

Marit's concern draws a small smile and nod from the young mind melter. "Thank you," he replies before suddenly realizing something, "wait a moment. Could you bring these inside with you? I want to appear as non-intimidating as possible." Beltin will doff his gun holster, blade scabbard and backpack laden with grenades. He will transfer all these things onto Marit, hoping that the weight (which shouldn't be an issue), won't encumber her too much.

The gathered mass would suggest that this matter definitely is more than a simple misunderstanding. If... we are being framed, it is possible that we will indeed need some luck on our side. What if all this is some elaborate trap of some sort? Beltin's thoughts wander and he finds that for the first time, he is acutely aware of how his own well-being and safety could affect another person.

For a moment, the din of the crowd is lost to the business of his thoughts. He watches Marit make her way through the crowd toward the Haven. Bringing his psionics to bear ((Telepathy: Superior. -8 ISP)), Beltin spans the distance between themselves and the Haven and speaks to Zoe's mind.

Zoe. This is Beltin. That fair-skinned woman making her way through the crowd toward the Haven with my backpack and weapons is Marit. She is my newlywed wife from Norse-lands... No time for the story now, you may ask her to elaborate if you wish. She is a fledgling diabolist and could use some proper tutelage at the College sometime. I hope you will welcome her and watch over her. And... if something should happen to me on a mission, also help her adapt and blossom into the mercenary's life she has married into. Feel free to tap into my funds as you see fit.

Nodding to himself at having conveyed his message in brevity, Beltin returns his attention to the amassed crowd and Sir Ronith's address to them.

Red eyes? Beltin questions, even as Ronith himself pauses and mulls over the same words. Their cyberknight leader confirms Beltin's suspicions with his own concerns.

Ronith wrote:He glances significantly at Beltin and telepathically contacts him ((-4 ISP)). Something is wrong here. We are being framed.

Agreed. We must gather as much information as possible with those here who have been wronged. Otherwise once they scatter, we will have more difficulties tracking them down. Perhaps if we organized this mob a bit more into something seemingly more official. If we ask them to line up into multiple lines, we could hear them out and take down their grievances. This would begin the rebuilding of trust and give us opportunities to find the pieces that we would need to put together to solve this mystery. An important question to ask will be whether any of them encountered the perpetrator and whether or not that encounter left any physical evidence behind. Perhaps a bit of torn armor/clothing from the scuffle, a discarded cigarette or video footage. With such an anchor, I can try to seek out their psychic trail.

Regardless of whether Ronith decides to try to organize the mob, Beltin will make his way into the crowd to try to hear them out a bit better. Now unarmed and unarmored save his stalker suit and currently de-activated forcefield, the young mind melter hopes to strike a wholly non-intimidating figure. He exudes empathy and concern for their plight. "Tell me what happened in your store." he will offer in a soft tone to the first malcontent he encounters. While listening, he will passively allow their thoughts ((via Telepathy: Superior)) to add an additional layer of information to whatever story they tell. He will ask for details and try to piece together information about the perpetrator that has given H4H a bad name ((Streetwise: 1d100 = 16/71%)).

((If/when material evidence shows up, Beltin will try to use the item as a focus to find the owner, or the person in the footage if it is a video/photo.((Psionic Seeking. -6 ISP.))
User avatar
Beltin Delhomme
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 289
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:24 pm
Location: Heroes for Hire - PC

Re: Heroes Haven (145a)

Postby Bogdan » Sat Sep 27, 2014 8:33 pm

Perception: 1d20+1 = 6
JIC: 1d20 = 19 / 1d100 = 87

Bogdan watches as Ronith addresses the crowd. Framed? They're handling it better than a Warlord's band would. Besides, they helped me and I can do no less for them. His mind made up and mildly surprised that Gajiba holds her tongue, the wizard makes his way as unobtrusively as possible to the entrance of the Heroes Haven. "Greetings," he addresses toward Zoe, "I helped the others get back from Europe. May I pass?"
Bogdan
 

Re: Heroes Haven (145a)

Postby Bellone » Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:21 pm

Perception 1d20+4 = 8
JIC 1d20 = 3 1d100 = 4

As the conversation continues Benjamin runs his right hand over his sheathed knife. I feel a new investigation is coming my way, and yet my talents are better suited to being out in the wilderness. I do hope to get time to gather some needed supplies. He finally leaves the doorway and heads in to find a place to set his gear.
Bellone
 

Re: Heroes Haven (145a)

Postby Zoe Barenger » Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:48 am

Raga Grimcrow wrote:"Brother," he spits the word out. "Let me reciprocate the friendly advice, if you continue to invoke the All-Father's name while spewing these lies and exaggerations then you condemn your dishonest, broke-dick soul to an eternity of Hel. Best shut up and go home to your goats."

The dwarven shopkeep stands a tad bit taller at Raga’s remark. His hands smooth out the leather apron tied around his torso, then settle across his chest. Once he regains his composure, the dwarf replies, “I take that back. You’ll fit in with this…group.” He shakes his head with disappointment and makes up his mind to dismiss Raga altogether.

Ronith wrote:When he responds, his conciliatory tone is gone- replaced by the hard edge of steel in his voice. "I remember you now, master dwarf. You yourself were conveniently absent for the gargoyle's attack on the Arms Bazaar. Where was your concern for your friend when he needed you? Your self-righteous invocation of the All-Father is unseemly and dishonorable. I do not recall seeing you anywhere near the walls when the demon hordes engaged the defenders."

The dwarf turns his attention back to Heroes for Hire’s leader. “It was a chaotic day; rushed over to Kraus’ as soon as I noticed the ruckus. That’s when I caught yer folks robbin’ the place. And in the aftermath, I’m the one who tended to Denis’ body. Where were you then?! Sendin’ e-mails? How noble,” he says, his voice dripping with sarcasm. It’s almost as if he’s had lessons from a certain warlock.

“I'll give you a chance to make things right,” the dwarf continues a moment later. “With Kraus and these folk.” Curiously, the dwarf does not address Ronith’s comment about red eyes. But then again, he’s not the one who mentioned them in the first place. That particular notion came from within the crowd of protesters.

Meanwhile, Marit accepts her husband’s weapons before leaving his side. Beltin then contacts Zoe telepathically. When his voice is heard over her thoughts, Zoe’s attention shifts fully to him, leaving Dorian looking a little lost at her side. When Beltin introduces Marit as his wife, a look of complete surprise comes to Zoe’s facial features. Her gaze goes to the young woman making her way through the crowd. A moment later, she gives Beltin a small nod of acknowledgement. There is a smile upon her lips, a sign of approval despite the tense situation.

Confident that Marit will be welcomed into the Haven, Beltin sends his next message to Ronith, seeking instructions from the team’s leader. Without waiting for Ronith’s reply, Beltin opens himself up to the crowd’s thoughts and gently asks those nearby him to provide more details concerning the recent robberies.

The inner rants of 30 or so protesters prove difficult to parse, even for the experienced mind melter. However, he discovers that four, maybe five, shops have been robbed since the demon attack. Devilman Exotic Arms, Badgerbold Cartographers, Flavarrel’s Fine Wines, Simon’s Shop of Uncommon Wonders and Mystic Draughts are shop names that come to his mind. Memories of the thief seem to feature strange, glowing red eyes. There is some confusion concerning the exact identity of the thief. Some seem to think Ronith is the culprit. Others look at Beltin.

…mask. Why did I sell the mask, a male-voiced thought pushes through. Before Beltin can pin down where it came from, a beautiful woman, with smooth porcelain doll features, steps into his path. She is no taller than a girl's doll. It was you, she accuses him silently, but she seems uncertain of herself. She studies Beltin, trying to put her finger on what’s off about him.

Beltin Delhomme wrote:"Tell me what happened in your store."

“You came to our store, Badgerbold’s,” the tiny woman reminds Beltin. “And asked about Tolkeen. You were interested in information concerning the Institute of Techno-Wizardry. I pulled floor plans of the facility for you, and when I had my back turned, you stole them from the counter. I have video evidence of you leaving, map tucked under your arm. My husband and I chased after you, but you disappeared into the crowd. Those floor plans were worth 5,000 credits. We want our money.”

Determined to get some rest, despite the mob gathered, Barracuda takes control of the hovercycle. “Come on,” he says, leading Ben (and his animals) and Raga (with Snapi in tow) around back, taking the hovercycle to the garage. “You can drop your gear here for now. Zoe will find a place for you soon enough,” he tells them both. “I’m sure the animals will be safe here…we don’t exactly have a stable.” Barracuda grabs his gear, shows Ben and Raga to the lobby, then heads upstairs and presumably to his room.

From the front door, Zoe instructs Dorian to take a seat within the lobby. Her attention then settles upon Ben and Raga. “Stay right there. And don’t touch anything!” she commands sternly, after looking them over. Over the din of the crowd, Beltin catches a random thought concerning maid services and something about infectious diseases. Zoe’s attention returns to those outside yet. “Please come in,” she says to Bogdan and Marit. “Brother, step aside please. Let them pass.” At her command, the air elemental guarding the gate moves. “Come in, come in,” Zoe ushers the two mages inside. “It looks like it’s going to rain.” Looking up, the sky does seem to have clouded over since their arrival.

Just to recap: Beltin and Ronith are still outside dealing with the crowd. 'Cuda is likely in his room (his player is posted in the tracker), Ben, Raga, Bogdan, Marit and Dorian are in the lobby. Zoe stands at the front door. An air elemental guards the gate. Need a quick look at the map?
What happens next?


--Experience tallied up and posted to this point!--
User avatar
Zoe Barenger
Assistant Game Master
 
Posts: 159
Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:17 am
Location: AGM: Heroes for Hire

Re: Heroes Haven (145a)

Postby Ronith » Fri Oct 03, 2014 1:41 pm

JIC: 1d20 = 11, 1d100 = 24
PER: 1d20+9 = 15

Conditions- Telepathy (~20 Min. remaining)

Zoe Barenger wrote:“It was a chaotic day; rushed over to Kraus’ as soon as I noticed the ruckus. That’s when I caught yer folks robbin’ the place. And in the aftermath, I’m the one who tended to Denis’ body. Where were you then?! Sendin’ e-mails? How noble,”

"Fighting demons at the city gates. A knight's first responsibility is to those still living, not the dead." When the dwarf is finished, Ronith lets him go with a silent Good riddance.

Ronith will attempt to aid Beltin as he tries to sort through the chaos of testimonials from the crowd- though his own telepathic abilities are more limited, and less familiar, than Beltin's own. Should Ronith pick up anything useful, he will store it away. As the woman from Badgerbold's makes her grievance known, Ronith politely inquires as to whether he can see that video evidence, and if the woman has an approximate timeframe for the theft.

Otherwise, Ronith will focus his efforts on peacefully dispersing the crowd, gathering as much evidence of the team's involvement as possible, and running interference so Beltin can focus on mind-scans as much as possible. Sooner or later, with any luck, the commotion will die down and Ronith will head inside.

"Ah, Zoe. I see you've met our new recruits. Gentlemen, while I realize this is not the most auspicious timing, I would like each of you to consider the possibility of joining our little band at some point. The fact is, we are a little shorthanded at the moment. If I am to restore the team's good name, and if my suspicions about the true nature of this situation are correct, I shall require assistance. For the time being, get some rest. Zoe can show you to the vault where a goodly portion of our team's equipment is kept. While we sadly had to leave some behind, you are free to borrow anything there that suits your fancy. Traditionally we offer new members a modest signing bonus to better-equip themselves, but given the current mood in town I suspect this is not the best time for shopping."

"Zoe and Barracuda can show you around- but don't venture far from our headquarters. Once Beltin and I succeed in sussing out a lead we may need to pursue it aggressively and quickly."

Noticing Dorian, and trying not to show how bone-weary he is (despite Odin's newly-granted vitality), Ronith nods "May I help you? Have you also come to lodge a grievance against my team and I?"
I am better than you. You just don't know it.
Always active- Sixth Sense; 300ft Nightvision; Amplified Hearing; See the invisible
+12 vs. Magic, 11 vs. HF, 8 vs. Psi
Status
ISP- 20/66; PPE- 47/57; MDC- 54/86; EBA and cyber-armor destroyed
Talismans: AoI (0/3); Invulnerability (0/3); Cleanse (2/3)

Anti-tech bonuses: No machine/m. weapon bonuses; bonus (tB) +2I/s/p, +1 dodge; opponents -2s/-4s if m. weapons, -2d, -1APM
User avatar
Ronith
Group Leader
 
Posts: 504
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:15 pm
Location: Group Leader: Heroes for Hire

Re: Heroes Haven (145a)

Postby Beltin Delhomme » Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:44 am

Perception: 1d20+6 = 20
JIC: 1d20 = 13 | 1d100 = 47%

Conditions: Telepathy: Superior

Zoe Barenger wrote:The inner rants of 30 or so protesters prove difficult to parse, even for the experienced mind melter. However, he discovers that four, maybe five, shops have been robbed since the demon attack. Devilman Exotic Arms, Badgerbold Cartographers, Flavarrel’s Fine Wines, Simon’s Shop of Uncommon Wonders and Mystic Draughts are shop names that come to his mind. Memories of the thief seem to feature strange, glowing red eyes. There is some confusion concerning the exact identity of the thief. Some seem to think Ronith is the culprit. Others look at Beltin.

Of the five shops that were looted, I have patronized two in the past. Badgerbold was able to provide me some very useful and very clear maps for our trip out to the Colorado Baronies. And whenever I have free time, or down time, Simon's Shop of Uncommon Wonders is among my favorite leisure stores to see if there are any interesting non-weapon techno-wizard items. My feather duster originated there and I tried to build my relationship with the owner so that I could perhaps commission interesting and fun gadgets at some point in the future. I hope this event does not sour him on such an arrangement.

Zoe Barenger wrote:…mask. Why did I sell the mask, a male-voiced thought pushes through. Before Beltin can pin down where it came from, a beautiful woman, with smooth porcelain doll features, steps into his path. She is no taller than a girl's doll. It was you, she accuses him silently, but she seems uncertain of herself. She studies Beltin, trying to put her finger on what’s off about him.

Beltin Delhomme wrote:"Tell me what happened in your store."

“You came to our store, Badgerbold’s,” the tiny woman reminds Beltin. “And asked about Tolkeen. You were interested in information concerning the Institute of Techno-Wizardry. I pulled floor plans of the facility for you, and when I had my back turned, you stole them from the counter. I have video evidence of you leaving, map tucked under your arm. My husband and I chased after you, but you disappeared into the crowd. Those floor plans were worth 5,000 credits. We want our money.”

Beltin smiles compassionately at the diminuitive woman, listening carefully to her words. His true emotion of compassionate concern practically oozing out of him thanks to his opened Third Eye. "I understand." Beltin responds promptly once she is done, "Your maps are unparalleled and whatever time and effort you have put into creating them should be properly compensated." Producing a cred-stick, he offers to pay them more than what they are owed, "Please take 10,000 credits for your inconvenience. Consider it also as a 'Thank you' because the last batch of maps I purchased from you, for the Colorado Baronies, was invaluable in our mission there. Thanks in part to your maps, we were able to counter-strike at a vampire nest and ultimately were able to rescue Princess Elizabeth Accadia, and her father the Duke from an unsavory group of bandits." The young mind melter gives the woman another smile of genuine gratitude before continuing, "I do believe though that someone is trying to sully our good name. And as our reputation is critical to our professional livelihood, we would like to capture the culprit and bring them to justice. You say that you have video evidence of the break-in, if you could provide us a copy of that evidence, it would go a long way toward helping us puzzle the pieces together and finding the people responsible. For that information, I would gladly pay you another 2000 credits. I know that you feel violated by this culprit and that money alone will not make you whole. But we are deeply saddened by these events and would like to begin the healing process by finding those responsible."

Once he is finished with the woman from Badgerbold, Beltin will specifically try to find Simon and seek out his story. "Simon, I had plans next time I had some downtime in New Paducah to come visit your store. Your TW Feather Duster has seen extensive field testing and I must say that it has performed quite admirably! I had high hopes of perusing your store for any other fun gems. I am very sorry that instead, we are met with this unpleasantness. Could you tell me what happened, what was stolen and perhaps if you have any evidence that might lead us to find who did this?"

Whereas Ronith may be intent on dispersing the crowd, Beltin wishes to keep the crowd there. His primary goal will be to speak to each of the shopkeepers who have been wronged (if they are present) and he will passively continue to monitor the thoughts of anyone in proximity. If he can pin down who spoke of the "mask" as a secondary goal, he will do so, but believes that their primary responsibility is to hear out the grievances of those wronged and try to alleviate their fears/concerns.
User avatar
Beltin Delhomme
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 289
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:24 pm
Location: Heroes for Hire - PC

Re: Heroes Haven (145a)

Postby Barracuda » Wed Oct 08, 2014 10:38 am

Perception: 1d20+1 = 5
JIC: 1d20 = 1/1d100 = 26

I miss the fishing village already. At least they appreciated us there. Barracuda takes off his armor in his room and heads to the bathroom to bathe. Getting the Nordic grime that one accumulates from an adventure like he had just come from takes some time. Which left Barracuda with plenty of time to think. God, I feel so stupid... Of course Ronith wouldn't have wanted me to yell at everyone out there... What was I thinking? Not like I'm any good at public speaking anyway... That's what Paragon would always tell me anyway. What an ass that guy was... I'm almost glad to be stranded on a different planet...dimension...whatever. The only person who was nice to me back home was Bombshell. The rest just treated me like some sort of kid. But I'm not a kid, I'm the Mighty Barracuda and a goddamn Hero For Hire! Time to put on the big boy pants and go be helpful.

Barracuda finishes up his shower and dries off. He changes into his Barracuda costume (he never bothered to purchase street clothing while he was here) and heads downstairs to where Ronith is and pats him on the back. In words that only Ronith can hear, Barracuda says with some new found confidence, "I'm sorry. That wasn't cool of me. I'll show these new guys around like you asked while you figure out this whole dilemma. Keep me in the loop though. I want to be helpful." Upon getting visual confirmation from Ronith that his apology is accepted, Barracuda will start to give Raga, Benjamin and Bogdan the tour of Heroes Haven. "So on your right you'll see the pool..."
Barracuda
Benjamin "Barracuda" Berry, Lord of the Bay
SDC: 121/121
HP: 23/23
Critical Strike: 18-20



Amulet of Protection Against The Supernatural: +2 vs. Horror Factor and Possession
Image
User avatar
Barracuda
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 312
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:14 am
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC

Re: Heroes Haven (145a)

Postby Raga Grimcrow » Wed Oct 08, 2014 1:56 pm

Per: 1d20+4 = 7
JIC: 1d20 = 13 1d100 = 2

As soon as they are out of sight of the crowd Raga acts as if nothing happened. If anything the unruly welcome made him feel right at home. After all you can't being doing Odin's work and be everyone's friend, its not in One Eye's nature. When he takes Snapi to the garage, dwarf and mule study the makeshift stables. "I guess it'll do."

Raga follows Barracuda on the tour of the facility.
Raga Grimcrow
 

Re: Heroes Haven (145a)

Postby Bogdan » Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:54 am

Perception: 1d20+1 = 5
JIC: 1d20 = 12 / 1d100 = 74

The Russian clutches his bag to his side and follows Barracuda around, without understanding a word the aquaman says. He just nods politely at times when it seems appropriate. I really need to figure out some work around for the language issue. I guess lessons are in my future.
Bogdan
 

Re: Heroes Haven (145a)

Postby Bellone » Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:15 pm

Perception: 1d20+4 = 11
JIC: 1d20 = 3 1d100 = 48

While things seem to be settling down outside, Benjamin wanders up stairs into the living quarters and picks out a room to set his stuff down in. If it's taken by a senior member then I'll find another room to lay my head in, He thinks to himself. After setting most everything down he makes his way back down stairs to Savannah and Max. Approaching where they have been kept in the garage area Benjamin looks around for a place to set the tack and saddle. Max transitions from lay to sitting while Benjamin does that and gets a through head rub. "Your a good boy Max, protecting Savannah like that."

Doing what he can to groom and rub down his trusty steed he then looks for a water source. "I'll find you some food girl just may take a bit. Come on Max lets see if we can find you some food and water too, then I'll show you were we'll be laying our heads at." Heading back to the lobby area Benjamin was determined to find out where he could get supplies for Max and Savannah before he worried about any fresh provisions for himself.
Bellone
 

Re: Heroes Haven (145a)

Postby Zoe Barenger » Sat Oct 11, 2014 7:16 pm

Ronith wrote:"Fighting demons at the city gates. A knight's first responsibility is to those still living, not the dead."

“Heh! And after the fight? Did you bother helping in the aftermath? A true hero doesn’t leave a trail of destruction behind him.” After a moment’s pause to compose himself, the dwarf starts again, jutting a finger at the Haven’s front door. “If what she said is true, you’re innocent. You were out of town and unable to harm these folk. I don’t believe it, but again, I’ll give you one chance to make things right, elf. There’s a mountain of evidence piling up against you, so best get to work.” It begins to sprinkle, just as Zoe predicted earlier. The Asgardian dwarf tugs at the hood of his cloak and makes his way through the crowd, presumably on his way home.

Beltin Delhomme wrote:Beltin smiles compassionately at the diminuitive woman, listening carefully to her words. His true emotion of compassionate concern practically oozing out of him thanks to his opened Third Eye. "I understand." Beltin responds promptly once she is done, "Your maps are unparalleled and whatever time and effort you have put into creating them should be properly compensated." Producing a cred-stick, he offers to pay them more than what they are owed, "Please take 10,000 credits..."

The doll-like woman stares up at Beltin. Are you the same man that robbed our shop? Something’s different…your eyes… she silently wonders with uncertainty. Her gaze shifts from Beltin’s face to the credits he offers out to her. After a moment’s hesitation, she decides to take the money. “Thank you. This repays the debt,” the tiny woman says to Beltin. When Beltin and Ronith both inquire about the video evidence she had mentioned, the woman replies, “Come to our place later to speak with my husband. I'll convince him to show you the video.” Satisfied for now, the tiny woman hurries down the street.

Beltin makes contact with Simon next. The shopkeep puffs up with pride at the praise for his feather duster and bows with a magician’s flourish towards the mind melter. Rising from the gesture, Simon catches sight of Ronith. The smile on his face disappears at once. “Some simple tricks and a trinket were taken from my shop, perhaps your friend would care to tell you more.” Simon waits for Ronith to confess his crime, but of course the cyberknight doesn’t provide. Impatient, Simon attempts to remind the Heroes of what was stolen. “The golden rabbit…the TW firecrackers? They don’t ring any bells?” Simon watches Ronith carefully. As with the Badgerbold woman, both Ronith and Beltin find that Simon is unsure of himself and his accusations. “Your eyes are different,” Simon says to Ronith. “How do you do that trick? Make them glow red like before…”

Meanwhile, the skies above MercTown open up and it begins to rain cats and dogs. Eager to escape the elements, the remaining protesters disperse. Simon sticks around a moment longer. “At any rate, I’m sure you have plenty of credits go around. Why did you have to steal tricks meant for children? It makes no sense.” The shopkeep shakes his head with disappointment and opens an enchanted umbrella that hovers just over his head on its own. “I’m going home. You know where to find me if you wish to make amends,” he directs at Beltin. With the crowd gone, Ronith and Beltin move indoors.

Ronith wrote:"Ah, Zoe. I see you've met our new recruits."

Zoe glances at the new faces. Seemingly, she approves of Bogdan and Marit, but her nose wrinkles at the sight of Ben and she appears downright disgusted by little Raga. “Yes, charming bunch,” she mutters, hands on hips. “Looks like you’ve been living in the woods,” she adds, unaware of the camping trip and the other events that brought the team home. “Try not to touch anything while Barracuda shows you around,” she’s quick to warn Raga. “The cleaning service was just here this morning. I’ll assign rooms to everyone soon enough.” With that said, Zoe pulls Ronith to the side as ‘Cuda takes Bogdan, Ben and Raga on their tour. “Where did you find that foul-mouth dwarf?”

It doesn’t take long for the warlock to pull Beltin into the conversation. “What happened during the demon attack? Looting? Are you guys crazy?! Kiernan has been spreading word around town that you stole from Kraus; that he caught you red-handed. Please tell me that isn’t true. And to make things worse, shops are being robbed left and right and you two are getting all the blame.” Zoe stops to rub her temples. She sighs and continues on with the conversation. “At least the protesters are gone for now. Rain tends to dampen their spirits,” Zoe adds, wearing a mischievous smile. “Anyway, you guys are home and we can put things right again. And Beltin, you got married?! Congratulations!” Zoe gestures to Marit. “Welcome to MercTown, Mrs. Delhomme. Let me show you around your new home. I’m sure you’ll want to freshen up.” Marit gathers her things and agrees to leave with Zoe with a polite, “Thank you.” Beltin’s wife smiles at him and he gets the impression that Marit approves of Zoe so far.

Ronith wrote:Noticing Dorian, and trying not to show how bone-weary he is (despite Odin's newly-granted vitality), Ronith nods "May I help you? Have you also come to lodge a grievance against my team and I?"

“Ronith, this is Dorian,” Zoe says, introducing the other mage before leaving. Dorian Sengali bows his greeting to Ronith and then turns to do the same to Beltin. “And this is Beltin,” Zoe adds. “I’ll be right back. Ronith, hear him out.” Zoe leads Marit out of the lobby, leaving Dorian behind with the two leaders of Heroes for Hire.

“Pleased to meet you, Sir…Mr. Delhomme,” Dorian starts. “I’m not here to lodge a complaint, rather, I believe I know what is causing some of your current trouble with the shopkeeps.” Dorian wrings his hands together and clears his throat. “I am the proprietor of the Wizard's Chest. Shortly after the demon attack, I sold a magical artifact. A mask that grants its wearer the ability to mimic faces. Ms. Barenger tells me that you’ve been out of town recently, so I know it couldn’t have been you two behind the recent rash of robberies. Perhaps the new owner of the mask has been using it to frame you,” Dorian suggests. Both Ronith and Beltin feel as though Dorian is holding something back.

After visiting with his animals, Ben runs into Zoe and Marit on his way back to the lobby. His inquiries regarding supplies are met with a curt, “You brought a horse to the Haven? Have you considered the stables at Ostrosaurus Express? We do not have a place here to house large animals.”

Where do you go? What happens next? I'll likely start posting mini-updates as the adventure progresses, especially if you all split up. Be sure to post where your character is going if he leaves the Haven so I can follow along. Let me know if you have questions. 'Fraid I'm half asleep trying to get this post up, so if something doesn't make much sense, tell me.
User avatar
Zoe Barenger
Assistant Game Master
 
Posts: 159
Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:17 am
Location: AGM: Heroes for Hire

Re: Heroes Haven (145a)

Postby Beltin Delhomme » Sun Oct 12, 2014 6:27 am

Perception: 1d20+6 = 23
JIC: 1d20 = 1 | 1d100 = 97%

Conditions: Telepathy: Superior

Beltin smiles politely and sympathetically when Simon makes his departure. Turning to Sir Ronith, he says, "Thanks to this mystery thief, Simon appears to be rather non-plussed with you. Perhaps it would be best I went alone to his store when it comes time to follow-up."

Zoe Barenger wrote:It doesn’t take long for the warlock to pull Beltin into the conversation. “What happened during the demon attack? Looting? Are you guys crazy?! Kiernan has been spreading word around town that you stole from Kraus; that he caught you red-handed. Please tell me that isn’t true. And to make things worse, shops are being robbed left and right and you two are getting all the blame.” Zoe stops to rub her temples. She sighs and continues on with the conversation. “At least the protesters are gone for now. Rain tends to dampen their spirits,” Zoe adds, wearing a mischievous smile. “Anyway, you guys are home and we can put things right again. And Beltin, you got married?! Congratulations!” Zoe gestures to Marit. “Welcome to MercTown, Mrs. Delhomme. Let me show you around your new home. I’m sure you’ll want to freshen up.” Marit gathers her things and agrees to leave with Zoe with a polite, “Thank you.” Beltin’s wife smiles at him and he gets the impression that Marit approves of Zoe so far.

The young mind melter lets out a slight sigh and addresses Zoe's questions, "Kraus' front desk salesperson was slain before my eyes by a gargoyle. Since I was caught completely unaware, I was forced to bluff the gargoyle, convincing him to ransack the place to look for explosives to destroy the inventory. This ruse was to give myself time to forge my psychic sword which I used to dispatch the sub-demon. When Norill arrived on scene, we had the ugly situation of the litter of Triax inventory strewn about. I asked Norill to collect the inventory and was prepared to make account of it so that we could keep it out of the hands of real looters, but the dwarf stumbled upon us while this was happening and assumed the worst. It was a bit of a chaotic situation, so in an effort not to anger him more, Norill put the inventory back. It was of little use though as the dwarf had made up his mind already... and apparently has been spreading the conveniently nasty rumor ever since. Ultimately, we did not take anything, though I had to borrow a helmet in the next few minutes to buffer my ears from boom-gun fire. I even tried to legitimize our actions by sending electronic communications to everyone in the address book letting them know of the death and that if accounting needed to be done, that they could contact me and Heroes for Hire. Hardly the actions of someone intent on banditry." Beltin rolls his shoulders in a slight shrug, "But we are talking about a matter of perception currently, not truth. And the perception of our pristine reputation is at risk. We need to find this thief."

On the matter of his marriage, Beltin smiles slightly and nods, "It was rather unexpected, but yes I am just married. I will let Marit tell you the story though as I'm sure she will do a much better job of it than myself." The young mind melter sneaks his newlywed wife an appreciative smile and nod. Before the two ladies head off, Beltin will also give her his Amulet of Armor of Ithan, explaining how Zoe can likely show her the way to channel magical energy into the trinket to make it work. "Wear it when you travel around the city. Since this is a mercenary town, weapons are commonplace and violence is the norm. When you channel your energies into the amulet, you will be protected with magical armor." Hmm, seems next time I am out, I will be shopping for two... Good! I was getting rather bored of thinking only of my own needs.

Zoe Barenger wrote:“Pleased to meet you, Sir…Mr. Delhomme,” Dorian starts. “I’m not here to lodge a complaint, rather, I believe I know what is causing some of your current trouble with the shopkeeps.” Dorian wrings his hands together and clears his throat. “I am the proprietor of the Wizard's Chest. Shortly after the demon attack, I sold a magical artifact. A mask that grants its wearer the ability to mimic faces. Ms. Barenger tells me that you’ve been out of town recently, so I know it couldn’t have been you two behind the recent rash of robberies. Perhaps the new owner of the mask has been using it to frame you,” Dorian suggests. Both Ronith and Beltin feel as though Dorian is holding something back.

Not wanting to be intrusive, Beltin's curiosity causes him to attempt to passively read Dorian's surface thoughts as he gives the explanation. When it becomes his turn/time to speak, Beltin will reply compassionately, "You mustn't blame yourself. No doubt many magical trinkets can be used for nefarious reasons, but ultimately it is the user that directs the tool in actions that have moral implications. We would welcome any and all help on the matter though. So if you have a receipt, any possible form of identification, or even store surveillance footage of the sale... any of these things could be vital to our efforts at identifying the culprit. Also, if you could speak more about the nature of the magical artifact, its history, perhaps any other capabilities you know it might have or perhaps is rumored to have, that would be helpful too. And finally, if you have any hunches about the nature of the person you sold it to... sometimes a gut feeling can be very revealing... please feel free to share."

After completing the conversation with Dorian, Beltin will enter discussion with Ronith about how to best allocate their team resources on the matter. His suggestion will be that he could head to Simon's. Perhaps Ronith could head to Badgerbold's to acquire the video surveillance, emphasizing that he needs a physical copy. Perhaps the rest of the team could be allocated some spending money for acquisition of supplies, armors and weapons and they could go out and subtly make inquiries. Not only should they seek to gather information, but also any physical evidence would be immensely helpful. Beltin would suggest that this be a gathering mode and that any and all physical evidence could be accumulated at the Haven and sorted out later.
User avatar
Beltin Delhomme
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 289
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:24 pm
Location: Heroes for Hire - PC

Re: Heroes Haven (145a)

Postby Bogdan » Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:29 pm

Perception: 1d20+1 = 21
JIC: 1d20 = 18 / 1d100 = 100

After the tour finishes, Bogdan wanders around the building just taking in the sights. This is very nice. much better than working for Ickxiz. Once he feels he has the layout down, the Russian picks a room and settles on the floor to meditate. When I regain some strength, I'll explore the rest of this town.
Bogdan
 

Re: Heroes Haven (145a)

Postby Ronith » Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:43 pm

OOC wrote:I've reclaimed Ronith's personal gear from the catch-all, except the gauntlets which he's donating. New guys, feel free to help yourselves to the group equipment. We'll take care of the crate of coins after we've restored the team's good name.


JIC: 1d20 = 17, 1d100 = 35
PER: 1d20+9 = 27

Conditions- Telepathy (~19 Min. remaining)

Barracuda wrote:"I'm sorry. That wasn't cool of me. I'll show these new guys around like you asked while you figure out this whole dilemma. Keep me in the loop though. I want to be helpful." Upon getting visual confirmation from Ronith that his apology is accepted, Barracuda will start to give Raga, Benjamin and Bogdan the tour of Heroes Haven. "So on your right you'll see the pool..."

"Do not let it trouble you. We have all had a long, weary road, and buried many friends. It is only natural to be disappointed by such an acrimonious homecoming- by the people we protect, no less. Your reaction is understandable. Just try to master yourself better in the future."

Zoe Barenger wrote:“Come to our place later to speak with my husband. I'll convince him to show you the video.”

"Our thanks, madam. Rest assured, we shall get to the bottom of this." After she leaves, Ronith turns to Beltin and adds, "I think it best that you follow that lead alone. My presence could prove... provocative, and you seem to have established some rapport with her already."

Zoe Barenger wrote:“The golden rabbit…the TW firecrackers? They don’t ring any bells?” Simon watches Ronith carefully. As with the Badgerbold woman, both Ronith and Beltin find that Simon is unsure of himself and his accusations. “Your eyes are different,” Simon says to Ronith. “How do you do that trick? Make them glow red like before…”

Ronith shakes his head. "I am a knight, sir. I have no use for toys and trinkets. You may search the our home, and myself if that is what it takes to satisfy you that I speak the truth. You are the second person to mention red eyes as well... I can assure you, this is not a characteristic I posses, nor have I ever. If you have time, I would like to hear every detail you can recall about the individual impersonating me. There may be other discrepancies beyond the eyes that could prove helpful to our investigation of this crime spree."

Zoe Barenger wrote:“Where did you find that foul-mouth dwarf?”

"He is a fellow servant of Odin, and he performed admirably during our quest in Europe. We cannot all have your grace, sophistication, and good manners Zoe." Ronith's face is too-studied innocence with his last remark.

Zoe Barenger wrote:“What happened during the demon attack? Looting? Are you guys crazy?! Kiernan has been spreading word around town that you stole from Kraus; that he caught you red-handed. Please tell me that isn’t true. And to make things worse, shops are being robbed left and right and you two are getting all the blame.”

"So we gathered. Beltin and Norril took nothing from the store, though they had initially intended to do so and pay as soon as could be arranged. You did well in following your instincts with that situation Beltin. Had you allowed Norril to have his way, we would have a more difficult time clearing our names now."

Zoe Barenger wrote:“Pleased to meet you, Sir…Mr. Delhomme,” Dorian starts. “I’m not here to lodge a complaint, rather, I believe I know what is causing some of your current trouble with the shopkeeps... I am the proprietor of the Wizard's Chest. Shortly after the demon attack, I sold a magical artifact. A mask that grants its wearer the ability to mimic faces. Ms. Barenger tells me that you’ve been out of town recently, so I know it couldn’t have been you two behind the recent rash of robberies. Perhaps the new owner of the mask has been using it to frame you,”

Ronith frowns. "I see. This could well explain our current predicament. Tell me, does the mask make its wearer's eyes glow red on occasion? That would fit some of the other reports we have received. Does it register as magic to those who can sense such things, do you know?"

"I need as much information as you can give me on this mask, and on the person to whom you sold it. How did you acquire it? How was it made? Under what conditions can it mimic a person's appearance? There must be a reason the thief chose us and not someone else. What, specifically, is the procedure for activating the mask's magic." Ronith will refrain from scanning Dorian's mind unless it becomes clear he is actively concealing something, preferring instead to watch the man closely and see if he discloses everything on his own.

When the time comes for a discussion with Beltin, Ronith gathers his thoughts and organizes the team. "I shall remain here and continue to interview Dorian. I shall also do what I can to help our new recruits get ready for whatever awaits us. You go to Badgerbold and see if you can obtain a copy of the surveillance footage. While I applaud your desire to set things right with Simon, we cannot go about paying reparations to all who seek a claim against us. Doing so is a tacit admission of guilt, and given the scope of the thefts I suspect that we do not presently have the resources to address every claim. The fact that toys were stolen suggest to me mischief, rather than overt malice, in which case it may well be possible to recover the items stolen and return them to their rightful owners. If that is not the case, we can investigate the possibility of reparations at that time."

When he has a moment, Ronith will address the team's new hires. "Once you have gotten settled, you all have preparations to make. Barracuda can show you around MercTown, though for the time being I recommend not advertising your membership with our company. The team is prepared to fund reasonable costs for you all to arm yourselves- in addition, we have a few spare sidearms which any of you are welcome to borrow. I shall withdraw 150,000 credits from the group's funds for each of you. You can expect a larger sum after our next paying job, but this shall have to suffice while we work to clear our names. Barracuda, I'm afraid you shall just have to make do- until this situation is resolved I am loath to deplete our resources."
I am better than you. You just don't know it.
Always active- Sixth Sense; 300ft Nightvision; Amplified Hearing; See the invisible
+12 vs. Magic, 11 vs. HF, 8 vs. Psi
Status
ISP- 20/66; PPE- 47/57; MDC- 54/86; EBA and cyber-armor destroyed
Talismans: AoI (0/3); Invulnerability (0/3); Cleanse (2/3)

Anti-tech bonuses: No machine/m. weapon bonuses; bonus (tB) +2I/s/p, +1 dodge; opponents -2s/-4s if m. weapons, -2d, -1APM
User avatar
Ronith
Group Leader
 
Posts: 504
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:15 pm
Location: Group Leader: Heroes for Hire

Re: Heroes Haven (145a)

Postby Beltin Delhomme » Sun Oct 19, 2014 4:09 am

((rolls carried over))

As Ronith makes adjustments to their assignments, Beltin nods his ascent. "I will go to Badgerbold's first then and try to acquire a copy of the security footage."

Before leaving, Beltin tries to find Marit, telling her where she is headed and reminding her that at even the slightest hint of danger, she should feel free to activate the amulet for her own protection.

Having been given his leave, Beltin lets Sir Ronith rally the team in their shopping excursions. He heads off to Badgerbold's.

((Spokes: Badgerbold Cartographers (96)))
User avatar
Beltin Delhomme
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 289
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:24 pm
Location: Heroes for Hire - PC

Re: Heroes Haven (145a)

Postby Barracuda » Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:20 pm

Perception: 1d20+1 = 17
JIC: 1d20 = 11d100 = 99

Ronith wrote:When he has a moment, Ronith will address the team's new hires. "Once you have gotten settled, you all have preparations to make. Barracuda can show you around MercTown, though for the time being I recommend not advertising your membership with our company. The team is prepared to fund reasonable costs for you all to arm yourselves- in addition, we have a few spare sidearms which any of you are welcome to borrow. I shall withdraw 150,000 credits from the group's funds for each of you. You can expect a larger sum after our next paying job, but this shall have to suffice while we work to clear our names. Barracuda, I'm afraid you shall just have to make do- until this situation is resolved I am loath to deplete our resources."


"No problem. Just as long as I don't have to pay the next time someone turns me into stone, I think I'll be alright. Oh, and here's the stuff that I borrowed back." Barracuda hands Ronith the Wilks Laser Sword that he borrowed while dealing with the demons and the Pulse Rifle that he borrowed from the group items. As soon as the team is ready, Barracuda will head into MercTown with them, taking them wherever they need to go based on their shopping needs.

Before they leave, he will find a piece of paper and a writing utensil for Raga and hand it to him. "When we're out there... Don't say... ANYTHING. Write it down and I'll speak for you. Oh! Maybe we can even find someone to fix you up! Uncurse you, or whatever! Let's definitely do that! You're a bit disgusting when you talk right now."
Barracuda
Benjamin "Barracuda" Berry, Lord of the Bay
SDC: 121/121
HP: 23/23
Critical Strike: 18-20



Amulet of Protection Against The Supernatural: +2 vs. Horror Factor and Possession
Image
User avatar
Barracuda
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 312
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:14 am
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC

Re: Heroes Haven (145a)

Postby Raga Grimcrow » Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:16 am

JIC 1d20 = 3 1d100 = 74
PER 1d20+4 = 15

Ronith's admonishment at the gate rolls of Raga like water off a ducks back. Clearly it was mostly dirceted at that ridiculously loud human person.


When Raga hear's Zoe's declaration that animals will not be put up at the Haven, he naturally assumess that applies to ordinary animals and not wonder mules. Well, that's a bit harsh. Savannah is a damn fine horse. It's not her fault she wasn't born in Asgard.

Barracuda wrote:Before they leave, he will find a piece of paper and a writing utensil for Raga and hand it to him. "When we're out there... Don't say... ANYTHING. Write it down and I'll speak for you. Oh! Maybe we can even find someone to fix you up! Uncurse you, or whatever! Let's definitely do that! You're a bit disgusting when you talk right now."


Raga bursts out, "Barnfargled maggot brain! May your sack always be empty!" And immdiately regrets it. 'Cause while he intended to say something rude, that was ten times more rude than he meant. "*Cough*" Raga makes an exaggerated coughing noise hoping to pass off his outburst as some sort of phlegmatic spasm. Finally he comes to the conclusion that Barracuda is correct. He nods, and bows, by way of apology then indicates that Barrcuda lead the way. Yes, let's get rid of this curse, so I can start swearing for real!
Raga Grimcrow
 

Re: Heroes Haven (145a)

Postby Augur » Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:07 pm

Beltin Delhomme wrote:"...So if you have a receipt, any possible form of identification, or even store surveillance footage of the sale... any of these things could be vital to our efforts at identifying the culprit. Also, if you could speak more about the nature of the magical artifact, its history, perhaps any other capabilities you know it might have or perhaps is rumored to have, that would be helpful too. And finally, if you have any hunches about the nature of the person you sold it to... sometimes a gut feeling can be very revealing... please feel free to share."

Dorian runs his hands through his unkempt hair. "I have video of the sale, of course. Few shops in Merctown operate without such safeguards in place. Here," Dorian hands Ronith a small data storage device, "there are two hours of video there. I have my own back-up copy, so feel free to use this without concern. The hour leading up to and following the sale in question is captured on that device." He sighs heavily, "I thought nothing of the man purchasing the mask--he was very unremarkable really, nor the mask itself. I could sense that it was magic, and shortly discerned that it could mimic faces...surely an eccentric gag gift or novelty item. I didn't conceive that it could be used to such...distasteful ends."

Ronith wrote:Ronith shakes his head. "I am a knight, sir. I have no use for toys and trinkets. You may search the our home, and myself if that is what it takes to satisfy you that I speak the truth. You are the second person to mention red eyes as well... I can assure you, this is not a characteristic I posses, nor have I ever. If you have time, I would like to hear every detail you can recall about the individual impersonating me. There may be other discrepancies beyond the eyes that could prove helpful to our investigation of this crime spree."

Simon shrugs at this response as he departs, apparently somewhat forlorn.

Ronith wrote:Ronith frowns. "I see. This could well explain our current predicament. Tell me, does the mask make its wearer's eyes glow red on occasion? That would fit some of the other reports we have received. Does it register as magic to those who can sense such things, do you know? I need as much information as you can give me on this mask, and on the person to whom you sold it. How did you acquire it? How was it made? Under what conditions can it mimic a person's appearance? There must be a reason the thief chose us and not someone else. What, specifically, is the procedure for activating the mask's magic."

Dorian shrugs a bit sheepishly. "I'm still fairly new to the mystic arts. During my reading of the mask, all I could tell was its primary spell effect: the incantation Mask of Deceit. Its origin, crafting, and all else are unknown to me. I acquired it from a merc passing through town on his way North. He did not provide any details on how he acquired the artifact. The mask seems to have been made from a single piece of deep red leather, and it only covers half of the wearer's face...you know, like a mask one would wear to a masquerade of some sort. It seemed custom made for that purpose. Other than it's deep, red hue and magic aura, it seemed rather...ordinary. As a result, I sold it pretty cheap--just a couple thousand black credits, and I thought I was the one making a tidy profit at that price. All one must do is tie the mask into place over one's face to activate the spell effect. I never donned it myself, but I could read that much from the mask itself. I'm afraid I don't know much more than that."

Beltin Delhomme wrote:As Ronith makes adjustments to their assignments, Beltin nods his ascent. "I will go to Badgerbold's first then and try to acquire a copy of the security footage."

(Spokes: Badgerbold Cartographers (96)

OOC: Being addressed at this thread.

Barracuda wrote:"No problem. Just as long as I don't have to pay the next time someone turns me into stone, I think I'll be alright. Oh, and here's the stuff that I borrowed back." Barracuda hands Ronith the Wilks Laser Sword that he borrowed while dealing with the demons and the Pulse Rifle that he borrowed from the group items. As soon as the team is ready, Barracuda will head into MercTown with them, taking them wherever they need to go based on their shopping needs.

Before they leave, he will find a piece of paper and a writing utensil for Raga and hand it to him. "When we're out there... Don't say... ANYTHING. Write it down and I'll speak for you. Oh! Maybe we can even find someone to fix you up! Uncurse you, or whatever! Let's definitely do that! You're a bit disgusting when you talk right now."

OOC: Players, make sure to update your gear posts to reflect this exchange. Notify me if you are unable to do so.

Raga Grimcrow wrote:Finally he comes to the conclusion that Barracuda is correct. He nods, and bows, by way of apology then indicates that Barracuda lead the way. Yes, let's get rid of this curse, so I can start swearing for real!


OOC: Okay, Raga, Barracuda, Ben, Bogdan, where are you going? You must specify. Look to Beltin's post for guidance as to how to navigate around MercTown.

Mystery Recap
Wizard's Chest
    Point of Contact: Dorian Segali
    Suspect Item: A red masquerade mask known to invoke Mask of Deceit
Badgerbold Cartographers:
    Point of Contact: Thaleen
    Missing items: Floor plans for the Tolkeen Institute of Techno-Wizardry
Devilman Exotic Arms
    Point of Contact: unknown
    Missing items: Unknown
Flavarrel’s Fine Wines
    Point of Contact: unknown
    Missing items: unknown
Simon’s Shop of Uncommon Wonders
    Point of Contact: Simon Argus
    Missing items: Box of TW Firecrackers, Golden Rabbit Figure
Mystic Draughts
    Point of Contact: unknown
    Missing items: Unknown
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 4657
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: Heroes Haven (145a)

Postby Bogdan » Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:54 pm

Perception: 1d20 = 4
JIC: 1d20 = 14 / 1d100 = 11

Bogdan looks at the others, "Is there a part of the city devoted to magic? If so, I would like to see it. What was the purpose of the crowd outside? They were not there to welcome the group home." Imagine the wonders concealed in a city such as this."
Bogdan
 

Re: Heroes Haven (145a)

Postby Raga Grimcrow » Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:10 pm

JIC 1d20 = 17 1d100 = 6
PER 1d20+4 = 24

Raga accepts the credits from Ronith with a bow.

Raga accepts the complimentary stationary from Barracuda with his usuall grace. None. Later, a bit bored of the humdrum. Raga snaps his fingers and slaps Bogdan and Barracuda on the back and waves to Ben. And heads out the door.

Using his abilty to sense nexus point Raga knows they are in the Mystic Quarter. For Raga this is the first time in Merctown in many years, he looks around in awe at the many changes, not to mention all the people. Years in a pocket dimension, then a battle with a cowardly dragon, Asgard, then a bit of sparse civilization and a camping trip, hadn't prepared the suprisingly sensitive and yet still surely the surliest dwarf around for the hustle and bustle of Merctown!

What a bunch of weirdos and freaks! Raga thinks but remembers to keep his mouth shut.

After a few steps he spots the Mystic Medicine Clinic across the way from the Haven. He drags his buddies over there. I was going to the guild but this might do.


((Mystic Quarter: Mystic Medicine Clinic))
Raga Grimcrow
 

Re: Heroes Haven (145a)

Postby Bellone » Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:05 am

Perception: 1d20+4 = 18
JIC: 1d20 = 19 1d100 = 80

Benjamin takes the credits offered by Sir Ronith, and gives a respectful nod as a way to say thanks. He then waves for Max to follow him as he heads to take Savannah to the Stables until he can get a stall built in the Haven.

Headquarters & Stables of Ostrosaurus Express (6)
Bellone
 

Re: Heroes Haven (145a)

Postby Ronith » Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:10 am

JIC: 1d20 = 11, 1d100 = 41
PER: 1d20+9 = 12

Computer Operation: 1d100 = 34 vs. 51% PASS
To copy the footage and print out some photos of the suspect

Facial features only... Not a full metamorphosis. Ronith nods thoughtfully as he takes in Dorian's report. "I see. Thank you, this is most helpful. If there is nothing further you can think to add, I see no reason to detail you further. You have my thanks for coming forward, and for this video data. Where can I reach you if I have further inquiries regarding this mask?"

While the others go on about their business, Ronith will review the footage provided in detail, scrutinizing every detail of the suspect in question and searching his memory to see if the fellow looks familiar. If the Haven has the facilities to do so, he will make a back-up copy, and print off some photos of the man (and particularly of his face). Ronith will wait for Beltin to return before doing anything further.
I am better than you. You just don't know it.
Always active- Sixth Sense; 300ft Nightvision; Amplified Hearing; See the invisible
+12 vs. Magic, 11 vs. HF, 8 vs. Psi
Status
ISP- 20/66; PPE- 47/57; MDC- 54/86; EBA and cyber-armor destroyed
Talismans: AoI (0/3); Invulnerability (0/3); Cleanse (2/3)

Anti-tech bonuses: No machine/m. weapon bonuses; bonus (tB) +2I/s/p, +1 dodge; opponents -2s/-4s if m. weapons, -2d, -1APM
User avatar
Ronith
Group Leader
 
Posts: 504
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:15 pm
Location: Group Leader: Heroes for Hire

Re: Heroes Haven (145a)

Postby Beltin Delhomme » Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:23 am

H4H Team Radio Frequency wrote:Heroes for Hire. This is Beltin Delhomme. Please be aware that I have given our team radio frequency out to Badgerbold's so that they, and any other shopkeeper they distribute it to, can utilize it to confirm the veracity of anyone claiming to be from our squad. It is a longshot, but perhaps might pay-off.
User avatar
Beltin Delhomme
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 289
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:24 pm
Location: Heroes for Hire - PC

Re: Heroes Haven (145a)

Postby Augur » Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:04 am

Ronith wrote:"I see. Thank you, this is most helpful. If there is nothing further you can think to add, I see no reason to detail you further. You have my thanks for coming forward, and for this video data. Where can I reach you if I have further inquiries regarding this mask?"

While the others go on about their business, Ronith will review the footage provided in detail, scrutinizing every detail of the suspect in question and searching his memory to see if the fellow looks familiar. If the Haven has the facilities to do so, he will make a back-up copy, and print off some photos of the man (and particularly of his face). Ronith will wait for Beltin to return before doing anything further.


"I will either be at my shop, The Wizard's Chest, or home in my loft above the shop if you need me." Dorian says casually before departing. Ronith has little problem making copies and prints as Zoe has ensured that the group's front office/reception area is a fully functional office ready for meeting with clients, conducting business, negotiating contracts, and keeping records of everything.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 4657
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: Heroes Haven (145a)

Postby Vinnie » Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:04 pm

Perception: 1d20+1 = 8
Just in Case: 1d20 = 16/1d100 = 84
Conditions: Recovers M.D.C. at a rate of 2D6+3 per day, Sixth Sense, MercTown Native.

Vinnie pulls up the street towards Heroes Haven and parks his vehicle in a spot near the building. Maybe it won't be full of Wizards conjuring all manner of not right things... Vinnie thinks nervously as he steps out of his ATV. Vinnie makes his way towards the building, ignoring the patter of rain on his head, still having nervous thoughts dancing about his brain. Vinnie looks for a doorbell and rings it (if not he knocks) and waits for someone to answer the door. Vinnie tries to look natural to whomever opens the door. "Hello, I'm Vinchenzo Marcellis and Fixer Jones said you may be looking for help. I'd like to try for the position if at all possible," Vinnie holds his fingers crossed behind his back. I hope they hire me.
Vinnie
 

Re: Heroes Haven (145a)

Postby Ronith » Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:28 pm

JIC: 1d20 = 11, 1d100 = 94
PER: 1d20+9 = 13

With most of the rest of the team out and about, and Ronith waiting impatiently for Beltin to finish his rounds, he decides to answer the door himself. With luck, it shall not be another angry mob. Opening it, he cocks an eyebrow upon seeing Vinnie. Once he hears the Larmac's reason for being there, Ronith stands aside and waves the fellow in. "Come in, please. We are always on the lookout for able new recruits."

Ronith invites Vinnie to have a seat at one of the tables in the lobby, and joins him. "I am Sir Ronith Turand, commander of Heroes for Hire. Fixer Jones has been a good friend to this team more than once- I require no recommendation beyond his. I am pleased that he does not believe the erroneous rumors concerning the team that seem to have taken root in town. Tell me, Mr. Marcellis, what expertise do you think you can bring to this team?"

Glad for a distraction from the sordid affair blemishing his good name, Ronith listens politely to Vinnie's answer and anything else he has to say. Once Vinnie is finished, Ronith nods "Excellent, excellent. Our team has been somewhat lacking in heavy weapons firepower for quite some time. I would be delighted to bring you on board."

"The only condition to your employment with us is a general willingness to adhere to the cyber-knight code in your everyday thoughts and actions. I do not hold my subordinates to the same standards as I would another knight, but in general we strive to protect the innocent, slay evildoers, and do good works while drawing a paycheck. You do not seem like the sort for whom this would be an issue, but it is a point I make with every new recruit."

"Pay is divided evenly between all team members after each mission, occasionally minus a small percentage for group expenses and maintenance. I confess, we have been away from some time, and our cash reserves are suitably depleted as a result. However, once the team's current situation has been resolved we can see about getting you a modest signing bonus for your efforts."

"You should be aware, if you are not already, that we have found ourselves in a rather delicate situation in town. Several shopkeepers have witnessed my second-in-command, and myself, robbing them of various goods. It even got to the point where we had an angry mob at our door. We have reason to believe that we are being framed. Once the rest of our membership has finished resupplying, and gathering all of the extant evidence against us, we intend to investigate these crimes in the hopes of clearing our names and making whatever restitution possible to the victims. Still, for the moment at least, you should be aware that you are joining a team whose reputation is quite poor in some circles."

"I would like your assistance with the investigation, of course, and as I said we can arrange for a modest signing bonus based upon your performance on this mission. Should you choose to decline, I of course understand, but if you are willing then welcome aboard. We can arrange some quarters for you upstairs and get you settled while we wait for the others to return. Do you have any questions or concerns for me?"

Once they are finished talking, Ronith guides Vinnie upstairs, helps him pick out one of the vacant quarters, and helps get him settled until Beltin and the others come back. When they do, his first order of business will be introducing their new recruit.
I am better than you. You just don't know it.
Always active- Sixth Sense; 300ft Nightvision; Amplified Hearing; See the invisible
+12 vs. Magic, 11 vs. HF, 8 vs. Psi
Status
ISP- 20/66; PPE- 47/57; MDC- 54/86; EBA and cyber-armor destroyed
Talismans: AoI (0/3); Invulnerability (0/3); Cleanse (2/3)

Anti-tech bonuses: No machine/m. weapon bonuses; bonus (tB) +2I/s/p, +1 dodge; opponents -2s/-4s if m. weapons, -2d, -1APM
User avatar
Ronith
Group Leader
 
Posts: 504
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:15 pm
Location: Group Leader: Heroes for Hire

Re: Heroes Haven (145a)

Postby Vinnie » Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:15 am

((Rolls Carried Over))

When the door opens, and Vinnie sees Ronith, his mouth goes slack. Holy crap! It's Sir Ronith... Several long seconds pass before the thought connects with the proper neurons. "Holy crap! You're Sir Ronith!" Vinnie quickly realizes he's being weird and shuts his mouth for a second. "What expertise do I bring... Um well, If it's a firearm I can likely fire it, I specialize in heavy ordnance. I personally own a WI-GL20 belt fed grenade launcher that unlike most users of the weapon I do not require tripod or vehicle mounting. I'm also not to bad in a fist fight either." When Ronith talks about Fixer Jones, Vinnie smiles. "Yeah Fixer is a great guy, he kinda got me started on this whole mercenary thing."

When Ronith talks about rumors involving the team, Vinnie cocks his head to the side in obvious confusion. "No sir... Mr. Jones never mentioned no rumors. Oh by the way do you prefer Sir Ronith or something else?" Vinnie asks realizing he doesn't quite know how to talk to the legendary Cyber-Knight. "So be the good guys and get paid... Yeah that's not gonna be a problem."

Vinnie listens to Ronith's explanation of Heroes for Hire's current situation. "Well if it means anything, I don't think you guys did it" Vinnie smiles at Ronith once again. "Yeah I definitely look forward to helping, though I would think this situation wouldn't need heavy weapons." Vinnie happily follows Ronith to the living quarters and chooses one. "So how long do you think they'll be?"
Vinnie
 

Re: Heroes Haven (145a)

Postby Zoe Barenger » Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:41 am

Zoe only lingers nearby for a short time, all the while glowering in Vinnie's general direction. With no more than an audible sniff of exasperation and/or disgust, she leaves Ronith and the new recruit to their own devices.

OOC: Which room do you want, Vinnie? (See map at top of thread.)
User avatar
Zoe Barenger
Assistant Game Master
 
Posts: 159
Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:17 am
Location: AGM: Heroes for Hire

Re: Heroes Haven (145a)

Postby Beltin Delhomme » Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:56 am

-----------------------------------
Perception: 1d20+6 = 23
JIC: 1d20 = 14 | 1d100 = 4%
-----------------------------------
Beltin returns to the Haven with mixed emotions. Part of him is exhausted at confronting the damage to their reputation and the other part of him is eager to rally the Heroes to find and confront this thief to clear their good name.

"Hi Zoe," Beltin says in greeting when he gets back inside, "It seems this doppleganger has been exceptionally busy, ruining our reputation everywhere in the Mystic Quarter. I wasn't even able to purchase some books at Uncommon Knowledge to help Marit with her learning American." In a strange bit of coincidence, Beltin suddenly stops talking as his nose twitches and he sniffs the air revealing a micro-expression equivalent to Zoe's disgust earlier at the team's newest recruit. That's a strange odor... reminds me of... negligent laziness... The young mind melter shakes the feeling off.

"Is Ronith still around? I have collected some evidence and I need to debrief and plan for the manhunt we need to perform."

If/when Ronith returns with Vinnie in tow:
Beltin's eyes narrow and focus with laser precision on the Larmac noticing his armor and weapons likely indicating that he is a mercenary by trade. "Who are you?" he asks rudely, exhaling sharply in disgust and displaying animosity in ways very uncharacteristic of his normally shy and compassionate demeanor. His eyes shift side to side alternating glances between Vinnie and Sir Ronith, trying to assess the degree of relationship between the two. Even if Vinchenzo is polite in his own introduction, Beltin will seemingly not hear it, replying simply, "Sir Ronith, I need to update you... in private... on our situation."

Once Beltin is alone with Sir Ronith, perhaps not even out of earshot:
"Why is there a Larmac in the Haven? Surely you can't be thinking of hiring one as part of our squad... Their laziness will cost innocent lives." Beltin's face fixes itself in stubborn resolution. Not quite giving their cyberknight leader a chance to respond, Beltin will continue on his diatribe, ignoring the fact that he has yet to debrief the critical intelligence gathered while visiting the shops nearby, "An entire village could be burning to the ground, women and children wailing in their suffering and a Larmac will lounge about, smoking a cigar and scratching his belly. They cannot be counted on to do good, as they enable evil through their negligence and uncaring attitudes."
User avatar
Beltin Delhomme
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 289
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:24 pm
Location: Heroes for Hire - PC

Re: Heroes Haven (145a)

Postby Augur » Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:18 pm

Beltin Delhomme wrote:"Is Ronith still around? I have collected some evidence and I need to debrief and plan for the manhunt we need to perform."

"He's in the conference room...with a new Larmac recruit." Her nose wrinkles in clear disgust.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 4657
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: Heroes Haven (145a)

Postby Vinnie » Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:13 pm

((Rolls Carried Over))

Beltin Delhomme wrote:Beltin's eyes narrow and focus with laser precision on the Larmac noticing his armor and weapons likely indicating that he is a mercenary by trade. "Who are you?" he asks rudely, exhaling sharply in disgust and displaying animosity in ways very uncharacteristic of his normally shy and compassionate demeanor. His eyes shift side to side alternating glances between Vinnie and Sir Ronith, trying to assess the degree of relationship between the two. Even if Vinchenzo is polite in his own introduction, Beltin will seemingly not hear it, replying simply, "Sir Ronith, I need to update you... in private... on our situation."


Vinnie looks up at the young looking man and gasps. That's Beltin Delhomme... He's a mind Melter...! Be cool, be cool. Vinnie smiles broadly. "I'm Vinchenzo Marcellis, but my friends call me Vinnie..." Vinnie notices that Beltin seems to be in an urgent rush to talk to Ronith, so Vinnie quiets down and watches the two walk away.

Beltin Delhomme wrote:Once Beltin is alone with Sir Ronith, perhaps not even out of earshot:
"Why is there a Larmac in the Haven? Surely you can't be thinking of hiring one as part of our squad... Their laziness will cost innocent lives." Beltin's face fixes itself in stubborn resolution. Not quite giving their cyberknight leader a chance to respond, Beltin will continue on his diatribe, ignoring the fact that he has yet to debrief the critical intelligence gathered while visiting the shops nearby, "An entire village could be burning to the ground, women and children wailing in their suffering and a Larmac will lounge about, smoking a cigar and scratching his belly. They cannot be counted on to do good, as they enable evil through their negligence and uncaring attitudes."


If Vinnie can overhear the conversation:

Vinnie listens to Beltin tear into the typical description of the Larmac race as a whole. Once Beltin finishes, Vinnie chuckles to himself. "Must've met my cousin Rico. He's lazy as it gets." Though it doesn't seem to phase Vinnie in the least, as if he either is too used to the hate or he just doesn't get the drift of it being about him and not the Larmac race as a whole.
Vinnie
 

Re: Heroes Haven (145a)

Postby Augur » Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:13 am

Vinnie wrote:Perception: Original post: 1d20+1 = 8

Vinnie cannot hear the words of the conversation, but only the tone of speech.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 4657
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: Heroes Haven (145a)

Postby Bogdan » Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:33 pm

Perception: 1d20+1 = 20
JIC: 1d20 = 1 / 1d100 = 36

Taking the advance, Bogdan ventures out into the wilds of the Mystic Quarter. Effectively illiterate, he strolls about looking at the different displays in the windows. Finding one that catches his interest, he steps inside

(Weapons of Wonder 129)
Bogdan
 

Re: Heroes Haven (145a)

Postby Ronith » Wed Nov 12, 2014 11:07 am

JIC: 1d20 = 4, 1d100 = 13
PER: 1d20+9 = 26

Ronith will cock a quizzical eyebrow in Beltin's direction as the melter arrives and requests a private audience. Turning to Vinnie, he says "Wait here, please." and follows Beltin into the other room.

Beltin Delhomme wrote:"Why is there a Larmac in the Haven? Surely you can't be thinking of hiring one as part of our squad... Their laziness will cost innocent lives... An entire village could be burning to the ground, women and children wailing in their suffering and a Larmac will lounge about, smoking a cigar and scratching his belly. They cannot be counted on to do good, as they enable evil through their negligence and uncaring attitudes."

Somewhat startled by Beltin's vehemence, Ronith nonetheless nods in agreement. "Yes... There is something a bit off about the fellow. Those lizard eyes. Too serpentine and inhuman for my comfort. Still, Beltin, I must say I am surprised by the strength of your reaction, for all that I understand it. This seems unlike you."

"Regardless, my decision to hire him stands. We have needed an ordinance expert on this team ever since Norill left us. If this Vinnie is as shiftless and unreliable as we both expect him to be, then we shall have cause to drum him out of the squad very soon. But, however repugnant he might be, the cyber-knight code is clear on this subject- he deserves a chance to prove himself. Watch him carefully in the field. If he is not up to our standards then we can send him on his way. But until then I consider the matter settled."

"Now then. Before we go back out there, what sort of evidence were you able to gather?"
I am better than you. You just don't know it.
Always active- Sixth Sense; 300ft Nightvision; Amplified Hearing; See the invisible
+12 vs. Magic, 11 vs. HF, 8 vs. Psi
Status
ISP- 20/66; PPE- 47/57; MDC- 54/86; EBA and cyber-armor destroyed
Talismans: AoI (0/3); Invulnerability (0/3); Cleanse (2/3)

Anti-tech bonuses: No machine/m. weapon bonuses; bonus (tB) +2I/s/p, +1 dodge; opponents -2s/-4s if m. weapons, -2d, -1APM
User avatar
Ronith
Group Leader
 
Posts: 504
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:15 pm
Location: Group Leader: Heroes for Hire

Re: Heroes Haven (145a)

Postby Beltin Delhomme » Wed Nov 12, 2014 11:50 am

-----------------------------------
Perception: 1d20+6 = 7
JIC: 1d20 = 15 | 1d100 = 90%
-----------------------------------
Ronith's words cause Beltin to reflect on his emotions and realize exactly how much hatred he was exuding. Letting out a heavy sigh, the young mind melter tries to let all the pent up feelings slide away. "Sorry for my outburst... It's just that... one of my first experiences after leaving my hometown... was coming upon a burnt village and a callous Larmac who let it all happen." Beltin's lips thin, pressing tightly against each other. "It is short-sighted of me to apply a single experience of mine to the entire people... I will endeavor to be better." There is a brief pause before Beltin nods, "And I will keep an eye on him too."

At their cyberknight leader's request, Beltin produces the evidence he has gathered. Two video recordings and a hard-copy image. "Using either my or your face, Sir Ronith, this thief has visited numerous establishments. His modus operandi seems to be the same in each case. Using our sterling reputation, he convinces the shopkeep to produce the item he seeks to steal and the moment the shopkeeper's back is turned, he flees with the merchandise. If word has gotten out that you and I are disreputable scoundrels that steal in this manner, I imagine that no shopkeeper will even show us any merchandise, let alone sell us anything." Beltin's face scrunches up as he thinks of the unpleasant manner in which he was expelled from Uncommon Knowledge.

"At this point, we could continue to visit stores and figure out what all the items the thief stole were... try to deduce what the ultimate thing the thief is trying to steal is... and try to stop the thief that way. But I feel that method continues to put us one step behind this fraudster. I would much rather use these surveillance evidence to psychically track and find the culprit. Even if he has stolen someone else's face, his psychic fingerprint will be distinct."

Beltin glances toward his room, "I intend to wear the exotic full EBA I purchased a while ago so that I will not be easily recognized. Perhaps you could likewise pick out a suit of armor that could not be easily identified as you. That way, we could gain the element of surprise when we come upon the culprit. Allowing us to more easily tail and/or apprehend him."

If Ronith agrees to this plan and dismisses him to go prepare, Beltin will go to his room. If Marit is there, he will update her on the situation and recommend that she remain in the Haven while all this unpleasantness is sorted out. Beltin will then switch out his comfortable clothes for the confinement of full environmental body armor. He will leave his characteristic backpack and weapons and except for neural dusters which he will store in the utility belt. The three pieces of evidence will likewise be stored in the utility belt.

Once Ronith is ready (with or without Vinnie, Beltin will leave that up to Sir Ronith) ((OOCly, I'd like to drag Vinnie along if the player is willing)), Beltin will focus his psychic energies on the photo and try to scry the location of the culprit ((Psionic Seeking. -6 ISP. 9 mile radius. 45.00 min. 1d100 = 98/85%)). If Beltin senses them within range, and can pinpoint where they are, he will begin to lead them to their location.

edit ((just saw the dice roll)) - If Beltin can sense that the culprit is within range but he is unable to locate him ((likely caused by a failed roll)), the young mind melter will turn to one of the other surveillance sources binding them to the culprit. ((Psionic Seeking again if necessary. -6 ISP. 9 mile radius. 45.00 min. 1d100 = 83/85%))
User avatar
Beltin Delhomme
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 289
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:24 pm
Location: Heroes for Hire - PC

Re: Heroes Haven (145a)

Postby Ronith » Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:29 pm

Ronith wrote:JIC: Original post: 1d20 = 4, Original post: 1d100 = 13
PER: Original post: 1d20+9 = 26


Ronith nods. "I doubt wandering the streets in Coalition-issue body armor would be particularly well-received either. My cloak shall have to suffice until we can get this situation resolved and I can secure some new armor. Do whatever you can to locate the menace. I shall complete my preparations and wait here for the others to return."

Ronith returns to the foyer to address Vinnie. "Once you are settled, pack any gear you need for an in-town mission. We leave as soon as Beltin can locate this criminal, and the rest of the team returns. I expect you to be at your best today, Mr. Marcellis. Any confrontation may put innocents at risk. We to take action that puts civilians at risk only if it is absolutely and urgently necessary to save lives. Dismissed."

As the others return, Ronith will deliver a similar (if less-stern) speech.
I am better than you. You just don't know it.
Always active- Sixth Sense; 300ft Nightvision; Amplified Hearing; See the invisible
+12 vs. Magic, 11 vs. HF, 8 vs. Psi
Status
ISP- 20/66; PPE- 47/57; MDC- 54/86; EBA and cyber-armor destroyed
Talismans: AoI (0/3); Invulnerability (0/3); Cleanse (2/3)

Anti-tech bonuses: No machine/m. weapon bonuses; bonus (tB) +2I/s/p, +1 dodge; opponents -2s/-4s if m. weapons, -2d, -1APM
User avatar
Ronith
Group Leader
 
Posts: 504
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:15 pm
Location: Group Leader: Heroes for Hire

Re: Heroes Haven (145a)

Postby Vinnie » Fri Nov 14, 2014 6:19 pm

((Rolls Carried Over))

Vinnie smiles at being included in the mission. He seems stressed, I guess this whole thing could get to even a legendary Cyber-Knight such as himself. "I understand Sir Ronnith. I'll follow your lead." Vinnie not having any actual gear to worry about waits for Sir Ronnith and Beltin to be ready to go. Once they are ready he follows after them closely.



@Zoe: Vinnie will take Bedroom #6 as it is closer to the kitchen.
Vinnie
 

Re: Heroes Haven (145a)

Postby Augur » Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:17 am

Beltin Delhomme wrote:If Ronith agrees to this plan and dismisses him to go prepare, Beltin will go to his room. If Marit is there, he will update her on the situation and recommend that she remain in the Haven while all this unpleasantness is sorted out. Beltin will then switch out his comfortable clothes for the confinement of full environmental body armor. He will leave his characteristic backpack and weapons and except for neural dusters which he will store in the utility belt. The three pieces of evidence will likewise be stored in the utility belt.

Beltin makes it up to his room, but Marit is not there. He shrugs, doffs his casual wear for the less comfortable EBA suit mounted on a mannequin in a far corner of the room, and is halfway dressed in that when Marit opens the door. She smiles, sets down what she was carrying in (a pair of medium-sized shopping bags; one is plain, the other has the distinctive logo Erdano's scrawled across the sides in a repeating pattern of fancily-written, cursive text), and helps him don the rest of the EBA. "Min modig mann har funnet den dårlige mannen som forårsaker disse problemene, ja?" She wrinkles her nose in self-reproach, then grabs the magic twig and repeats herself. "My brave husband has found the bad man that has caused these problems, yes?" Marit looks after Beltin during a precious few minutes of time alone, listening to his explanation of the situation. It's not long, however before her pert ears catch the sounds of a soft tread just outside their door. "That would be Zoe. I'm off, love. Please be safe. I will see you tonight, Odin-willing." And with that she departs once more, the two bags left near the closet where she deposited them. Another glance reveals the second bag to bear the simple inscription "First Edition."

Beltin Delhomme wrote:Once Ronith is ready, Beltin will focus his psychic energies on the photo and try to scry the location of the culprit. If Beltin senses them within range, and can pinpoint where they are, he will begin to lead them to their location. If Beltin can sense that the culprit is within range but he is unable to locate him, the young mind melter will turn to one of the other surveillance sources binding them to the culprit.

His initial attempts end in abject failure, but his subsequent efforts bring to him the sense of exactly where the mask is located at present. Unsurprisingly, the mask in presently in the Warrens. Beltin has less than an hour before the sense of where the mask is fades, at which time he would have to make another attempt. Time is of the essence.

A note arrives via messenger from Dorian Segali.

    I found the record of the transaction wherein the mask was sold, and have used this to divine some small amount of other information for your efforts. I sold the mask at a discount to a fellow by the name of Mikaere; his description follows.

    Best of luck, Dorian.

    Mikaere
    Sex: Male
    Height: 6’1”
    Weight: 190 lbs.
    Description: Handsome with an aura of charm about him, Mikaere has pale blue eyes and shoulder-length, dark brown hair. When he smiles, his teeth reminds one of a military cemetery. He's well groomed, dressed in tailored clothing and a long, black overcoat.


Mystery Recap
Wizard's Chest
    Point of Contact: Dorian Segali
    Suspect Item: A red masquerade mask known to invoke Mask of Deceit
    Item Location: The Warrens
    Suspect: Mikaere
Badgerbold Cartographers:
    Point of Contact: Thaleen
    Missing items: Floor plans for the Tolkeen Institute of Techno-Wizardry
Devilman Exotic Arms
    Point of Contact: unknown
    Missing items: Unknown
Flavarrel’s Fine Wines
    Point of Contact: unknown
    Missing items: unknown
Simon’s Shop of Uncommon Wonders
    Point of Contact: Simon Argus
    Missing items: Box of TW Firecrackers, Golden Rabbit Figure
Mystic Draughts
    Point of Contact: Mistress Greenwood
    Missing items: Unknown
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 4657
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: Heroes Haven (145a)

Postby Beltin Delhomme » Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:30 am

-----------------------------------
Perception: 1d20+6 = 7
JIC: 1d20 = 6 | 1d100 = 67%
-----------------------------------
Beltin finds himself enjoying the quiet moments alone with his newlywed wife. She seems to genuinely care about his well-being and is happy that she has found a friend in Zoe. The young mind melter will gently remind her that he is capable of speaking Euro, so she is welcome to speak to him in her native tongue. His responses may simply not be as elegant as when assisted by the wand. "Be safe also," he says softly to her backside as she leaves to go with Zoe. I suppose shopping is as good a place to start as any when recently arrived to New Paducah. New clothes and books for learning... hopefully some culture and language. Beltin gives the bags a sidelong glance before heading out to tend to their mission.

Having psychically located their target on his second attempt, Beltin says with conviction, "I've located him. We go to the Warrens... Nightcrawlers' currently. We must hurry as my tracking will fade in under an hour... probably closer to half-hour than the full hour." Beltin will travel light, wearing only his exotic body armor. He will travel together with Ronith and Vinnie when mobilized by their cyberknight leader.

(( The Warrens - Nightcrawlers (184) ))
User avatar
Beltin Delhomme
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 289
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:24 pm
Location: Heroes for Hire - PC

Next

Return to The Mystic Quarter

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests