The Wizard's Chest (142)

Dominated by the mages of MercTown and shops specializing in magic gear, weapons, and accessories.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

The Wizard's Chest (142)

Postby Augur » Tue May 19, 2009 2:19 pm

The Wizard's Chest is a small magic shop, with a limited and rather disjointed selection of goods - mostly items he can buy cheap from mercs and adventurers, or which he finds and snaps up at the Flea Market. Dorian Segali runs this small magic shop where he sells the inherited magic scrolls, items and trinkets of his presumably deceased sister as well as items that he's come into possession of more recently. His selection is rather limited and sporadic. His real popularity comes from the fact that he buys magic items from adventurers at the best rate in MercTown, typically 25-45% of the item's real value.

• +10% to all rolls to find magic items of uncommon rarity
  • +5% to one roll to find magic scrolls of any rarity
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Augur
Admin

Re: The Wizard's Chest (142)

Postby Barric Darkwind » Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:46 am

Perception: 1d20+2 = 6
JIC: 1d20 = 2 | 1d100 = 5

"Hello?" Barric says deeply as he enters the shop, looking for the shopkeeper. As much as I hate to give it up, I need some stronger weaponry if I'm going to survive in this business. Martel has served its usefulness but unfortunately our parting time has come. I'm short on credits and I need some new gear. Once greeted by the shopkeeper, Barric will smile wide and pull Martel out and present it, "I'm here to sell an artifact today, Martel. This weapon has served me for quite some time and has never failed me. When I fought against the Coalition, this weapon was what kept me alive. It is an ancient enchanted warhammer, quite rare as I'm sure you're aware of. It will grant the wielder resistance to fire based attacks, regardless of magical nature, as well as release a loud booming sound with each strike. It is quite the powerful weapon indeed, and as far as I have ever known it, will never falter regardless of attacks leveled against it.” Barric pauses and begins speaking on its background, “Legend has it that this weapon has been passed through the generations and was once the weapon of a heroic Paladin. Throughout the years, Martel’s thunderclap has called to arms some of the greatest warriors of time.”

“So,” Barric says with a slight pause, “What could I get for a weapon such as this?”

Lore: Magic: 1d100 = 28/55% PASS!
The world is full of magic things, patiently waiting for our senses to grow sharper
M.D.C.: 165/165
P.P.E.: 91/113
I.S.P.: 87/97
Conditions
• -20% to detect w/ Thermal Systems
• 1/2 damage from all forms of fire
• Sense Supernatural Evil: 340'
• Horror Factor: 13
• Nightvision: 300'
• Sixth Sense
Equipment
• NG Stalker Suit
• N-F20A: 75/75
• Talisman P.P.E. Ring: 50/50

Accurate as of 10JUL17
Barric Darkwind
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Lucid Dreams » Mon Feb 29, 2016 7:10 am

"Quite the magical item." Dorian says, turning the hammer over in his hands in examination. After about an hour of asking about its origin and cross-referencing various books in his library, the shopkeeper seems prepared to answer your question.

"I would offer you 350,000 universal credits for your magical warhammer Martel." There is a slight twinkle in Dorian's eyes as if he is waiting to see if you will engage in the bartering process.
Lucid Dreams

Postby Barric Darkwind » Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:34 am

Perception: 1d20+2 = 8
JIC: 1d20 = 15 | 1d100 = 75

Bringing a clawed hand up to his chin, Barric mulls over the offer for a moment. That amount is quite a lot, but Martel is a personal item to me. If I’m going to let it go I may need just a bit more of an incentive. “Hmm...350,000 is just a bit south of what I was thinking,” Barric says as his eyes start to drift over the minor amulets and trinkets inside of the store. “How does 350,000 and one of your minor magical amulets or rings sound? Do you have anything that can be used to store magical energy for future use, or perhaps something that can increase my strength?”
The world is full of magic things, patiently waiting for our senses to grow sharper
Conditions
• Sixth Sense
Equipment
• NG Stalker Suit

Accurate as of 10JUL17
Barric Darkwind
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Lucid Dreams » Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:24 am

Dorian smiles politely at Barric's mention of the word 'minor'. His smile grows slightly more polite, with thinned lips as the Tokanni asks for either a PPE battery or something that would augment his already considerable strength.

"If you were asking for something like an amulet that would glow on command, I could certainly toss that in. However, your request for a PPE battery is actually a bit more challenging. And augmenting your strength... well, you already look quite naturally strong. I doubt any minor magical trinkets I could provide would be able to boost that any further." The shopkeeper purses his lips as he considers his customer.

"I might be able to help you with a PPE battery. It just so happens that I am branching out into the PPE battery sale and recharging business. I currently have three on-hand. Two rings and one amulet. Each of them are created using the Talisman incantation. So are able to store 50 PPE each. The kicker is that you will need to come back here to recharge them. They do not recharge on their own, cannot be recharged by setting them on ley lines or by any other practitioner of magic save some manner of deity. " Dorian opens up and reaches into a display case pulling a pendant and two plain-looking rings out.

"They sell for 100,000 universal credits each. And recharging service will be 5000 credits. Since you plan on selling this magical warhammer to me, I can give you a discount on one of the talisman PPE batteries. Instead of paying you 350,000, I will pay you 300,000 for your warhammer and allow you to take home one of the talismans. Nominally reducing the price of the talisman PPE battery to 50,000. How does that sound?" The shopkeeper folds his hands in front of him and adopts a relaxed posture, giving Barric ample time to mull the proposition over.
Lucid Dreams

Postby Barric Darkwind » Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:45 am

Perception: 1d20+2 = 22
JIC: 1d20 = 1 | 1d100 = 92

Barric offers a toothy smile to Dorian, “You’ve got yourself a deal. I’d prefer a ring, granted you have one that can fit my fingers.” Extending a clawed hand, Barric offers a handshake to finish the deal. “I’ll be back when it needs recharging. I’ll be seeing you around, Dorian.” Collecting his payment and handing over, Martel, Barric finalizes his transaction and waves goodbye before heading for the door.

((Weapons of Wonder))
Conditions
• Sixth Sense
Equipment
• NG Stalker Suit

Accurate as of 10JUL17
Barric Darkwind
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Minerva » Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:42 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 18/51%
JIC: 1d20 = 18/1d100 = 19

Minerva rides her Streetwolf Motorcycle from the Haunt to The Wizard's Chest. She steps in and removes her hood. Taking a look around, she keeps an eye out for anything that might help her in her adventuring. Once she looks around the store, she stops and takes a look at Martel.

"Excuse me sir, this hammer. What makes it special?"
Minerva
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Ace of Spades » Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:19 pm

Dorian Segali looks up from his desk, "Well for one it is indestructible! Second. it can make it's wielder fire resistant. Finally, it let's out a booming burst of thunder on a strike which hurts the victim's ears and body," He gives Minerva a wink, "You interested in picking up a hammer?"
Spooks OOC
Spooks HQ: The Haunt
Adventures of The Spooks
Ace of Spades is also James Miller.

“He played the king as if afraid someone else would play the Ace.”
Ace of Spades
Assistant Game Master

Postby Minerva » Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:51 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 8/51%
JIC: 1d20 = 9/1d100 = 61

"Yes. I believe I am. One can only rely on their own personal strengths for so long. How much would you like for this hammer? I believe I may find it quite useful."
Minerva
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Ace of Spades » Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:29 pm

HE is nodding in the affirmative, "I agree wholeheartedly. The weapon costs 350,000 universal credits." He goes on telling Minerva a little about the history of the weapon.
Spooks OOC
Adventures of The Spooks

Ace of Spades
Assistant Game Master

Postby Minerva » Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:13 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 24/51%
JIC: 1d20 = 7/1d100 = 88

After the history lesson, Minerva nods and says "Sí. El arma de un amante. Muy apropiado para mi vida. I will take Martel and give her a good home, Señor Segali. Gracias." She hands over her Secure Universal Card and has him charge her the 350,000 credits. Securing the hammer to her utility belt, she asks, "Do you have anything else of interest for sale, Señor? A woman can never have too much."

Translations
"Sí. El arma de un amante. Muy apropiado para mi vida.=Yes. A lover's weapon. Very fitting for my life."
Minerva
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Ace of Spades » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:03 pm

He smiles at Minerva, "Well dear, we have a few magical rings and earrings with various protective enchantments at the moment. What type of protection are you looking for?"
Spooks OOC
Adventures of The Spooks

Ace of Spades
Assistant Game Master

Postby Minerva » Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:37 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 33/51%
JIC: 1d20 = 2/1d100 = 93

"Well, with what I have in mind, they may need protection from me." She gives a silly wink and then proceeds to talk about protective magics and illusory boosts that she thinks may help her.

Ideas
  • Ring of Charismatic Aura
  • Amulet of Chromatic Protection
  • Earring of Mask of Deceit
Minerva
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Ace of Spades » Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:14 pm

"Well I do have a nice Ring of Charismatic Aura back here, but I don't know why you would need such an item as I'm quite sure you can get people to do whatever you want. But here is the ring and it costs 275,000 creds."

Ring of Charismatic Aura
[Magic Ring]
M.D.C.: 100
Magic Features
  • Charismatic Aura; 3 times/day as a 6th lvl caster
Spooks OOC
Adventures of The Spooks

Ace of Spades
Assistant Game Master

Postby Minerva » Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:59 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 2/51%
JIC: 1d20 = 9/1d100 = 9

"Oh, you have all of the best toys, amigo. I will be back soon to see what else you have! Maybe even to sell you something exciting! Do you like wine? I can bring you a fine bottle in addition to the payment for this item."

At the end of their conversation, Minerva brings out her credit card and pays for the ring, slipping it on before she departs.
Minerva
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby John Altfeld » Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:34 am

Perception: 1d100 = 88
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 12 / 1d100 = 84

Following Taen's advice, John heads to the Mystic Quarter. After getting distracted and taking a quick spin through Weapons of Wonder, he arrives at the Wizard's chest and begins searching its inventory for amulets.

Magic Lore: 1d100 = 55 / 51%
Recognize Enchantment: 1d100 = 53 / 29%
Definitely Not a God. Yet.
P.P.E.: 16/16
H.P./M.D.C.: 90/90
Pebble M.D.C.: 300/300
Growth M.D.C.: +15/+150/+525/+1,290/15/150/510/1,290

Important Combat Stats
Number of Attacks: 9
Initiative Bonus: +12
Strike Bonus: +8 (+8/+8/+10/+10)
Parry Bonus: +12(+12/+12/+14/+14) +2 with sword/staff
Dodge Bonus: +17 (+17/+17/+13/+13)
Auto-Dodge Bonus: +5 (+5/+5/+1/+1)
Bonus to Disarm: +3
Supernatural Strength Punch Damage: 3d6(5d6)+12/5d6(6d6)+12/1d6x10+22(+32)/1d6x10+72(+82)
Juicer Football Body Block/Tackle: Knocks one's opponent to the ground (90% chance if target is smaller than attacker, 60% if the same weight, 50% if target is up to 50% larger, 20% if 100% larger, no chance if target is over 100% larger).
Immunities and Damage Reduction
Immune to:
• Cold
• Radiation
• Suffocation (can breathe without air)
• Depressurization
• Ocean depths/pressure (unlimited)
• Vampire bite/can't be turned undead
• Blindness and Darkness (except in smoke/sandstorm/fog that fouls Radar power)
• Fatigue (Never tires)
• Small bits of flying debris

Reduced Damage From:
• Magic Cold - Half Damage
• Heat/Fire - Half Damage
• Poison/Toxins/Drugs - Duration, penalties and symptoms are 1/3 normal
Enhanced Sight Effects
• Radar 400'
• See the invisible
John Altfeld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Augur » Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:00 pm

John Altfeld wrote:Following Taen's advice, John heads to the Mystic Quarter. After getting distracted and taking a quick spin through Weapons of Wonder, he arrives at the Wizard's chest and begins searching its inventory for amulets.

One section of a wall is covered with baubles, trinkets, medallions, and pendants of various sorts. Names are written on small paper labels underneath each spot on the shelves and hangars occupied by an item. John is able to discern that three of the items among the many bear all the signs of being actual magical artifacts, and nothing is correctly labeled save for a few items which are accurately labeled "curiosities." The three items which catch his eye appear to have minuscule engravings in a language totally foreign to him. One such item is a brooch, the other two are pendants. Each is placed upon a small rack labeled "ladies' jewelry from the exotic Baronies." They're among a bunch of other items of a similar nature, but of obviously different origins given the engravings.

ImageImageImage
Augur
Admin

Postby John Altfeld » Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:30 pm

ROLLS HELD

John looks at the items for sale for a while, randomly picking out an additional 7 pieces besides the three actual magic brooches. If Dorian doesn't come over during that time, John waves at him to get his attention.

When the shopkeeper approaches, John starts pointing at the 10 different items, asking their functions and their prices. "You've got quite the selection here. I'm not sure what all they do. Do you mind telling me?"

Invoke Trust: 1d100 = 67 / 35%
Barter: 1d100 = 50 / 44%

Important Combat Stats
Supernatural Strength Punch Damage: 3d6(5d6)+12/5d6(6d6)+12/1d6x10+22(+32)/1d6x10+72(+82)
Juicer Football Body Block/Tackle: Knocks one's opponent to the ground (90% chance if target is smaller than attacker, 60% if the same weight, 50% if target is up to 50% larger, 20% if 100% larger, no chance if target is over 100% larger).
Immune to:
• Cold
• Radiation
• Depressurization
• Fatigue (Never tires)

Reduced Damage From:
Enhanced Sight Effects
• Radar 400'
• See the invisible
John Altfeld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Augur » Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:49 pm

John waves down the shopkeeper who turns out to be Dorian himself. "Hi, fella! Welcome to my shop! Oh, looks like you've found some really cool things among all my clutter. Yeah, the shop's never been terribly well organized--too much turnover in the inventory, you know? Anyway lemme take a look at these items." John is well aware that the other seven items are definitely NOT enchanted or magical in any way, even though a few do look like they possess wonderful craftsmanship and a few are aesthetically beautiful pieces. However, Dorian attributes magical properties to three of the seven mundane pendants, and only identifies the amulet with the engraved flame as an actual magic item. He states that it's a talisman which, when activated, creates a circle of magic fire around the one who possesses the item. It's pretty clear at the end of Dorian's descriptions that he's not very skilled in magic.
Augur
Admin

Postby John Altfeld » Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:55 pm

ROLLS HELD

"Cool stuff! How much do these three cost?" John asks, holding up the only three magic items.

Important Combat Stats
Immune to:
• Cold
• Radiation
• Depressurization
• Fatigue (Never tires)

Reduced Damage From:
Enhanced Sight Effects
• Radar 400'
• See the invisible
John Altfeld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Augur » Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:05 pm

Dorian seems to be getting a little excited. "Well, that magic amulet possesses quite a flexible, if moderately difficult spell, good for both offense and defense, that will go for five thousand universal credits. The other two are fanciful baubles, but of high artistic value--your lady friend will love one of them!--but I'll let each of those go for five hundred credits each if you purchase the amulet."
Augur
Admin

Postby John Altfeld » Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:13 pm

ROLLS HELD

John nods, "These are all nice. I'll take all of them. Also, these other three that I was asking about at the 500 credit price?"

Assuming Dorian agrees, John pays him the 7,500 credits from his NGMI card, puts the items securely in his pocket and leaves the store. He pops his Naruni helmet on once he gets outside.

Using the Roughnecks frequency, he sends out; "Man in Black, this is Pebbles, what's your status? I have spooky questions."

John then heads for the Crimson Dragon (140)
viewtopic.php?f=173&t=5980

Important Combat Stats
Immune to:
• Cold
• Radiation
• Depressurization
• Fatigue (Never tires)

Reduced Damage From:
Enhanced Sight Effects
• Radar 400'
• See the invisible
John Altfeld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby William Summers » Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:18 pm

John Altfeld wrote:Using the Roughnecks frequency, he sends out; "Man in Black, this is Pebbles, what's your status? I have spooky questions."

"I'm at The Crimson Dragon, making some sales. Come check this place out. Wait... Spooky? Uh... See you in a sec Rockslide."
The Man in Black
William Summers
HP: 55/55
SDC: 62/62
PPE: 142/157

TW Infiltrado Armor:
M.D.C. by Location
• Helmet: 18/40 • Main Body: 55/55
• Left Leg: 35/35 • Right Leg: 35/35
• Left Arm: 25/25 • Right Arm: 25/25

Features: Thermokinetic (thermal and kinetic attacks do 25% less damage), Forearm-Mounted Retractable Silver-Plated Vibro-Blades (1 each forearm): +1d6 M.D. to Punch Damage
TW Enhancements: Sigilo, Percatación, Cuerpo, Bravura. See sheet for descriptions.

Iron Sword: 5D6 MD.
Kisentite Sword: 2D6+6 MD. +2 to strike and parry.
TW Thundergun Revolver: 3D6 SDC to mortals, 5D6 MD to magic beings, 1D6x10 MD to supernatural beings. 6/6. Range: 200'. Recharge: 10 PPE.
MP-3 MageFire Bolt Pistol: 3D6+3 MD. 8/8. Range: 500'. Recharge: 12 PPE.
TW Horde Buster Rifle: 1D6*10 or 1D6 per projectile. +1 to strike. 5/5. Range: 1100'. Recharge: 20 PPE.

Grenade Bandoleers (2): 1 Seeker Bat Grenade, 1 Void Grenade, 3 Flashfire Grenades, 1 Acid Grenade, 1 Plasma Grenade, 1 Heavy HE Grenade, 1 Flash Freeze Grenade, 1 Smoke Grenade.

Wing Board Turbo

8th Ring of Elder
☞ Reduces by half the amount of P.P.E. required to perform any magical feat, ability or spell.
☞ Doubles the duration of any magic feat, ability or spell.
☞ Doubles the range of any magic feat, ability or spell.

William Summers
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Augur » Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:21 pm

Dorian smiles, claps John on the back, and rushes him over to his sales counter where he debits John's card, wraps each of the six items in white linen, and places those in a small box for transport.
Augur
Admin

Return to The Mystic Quarter