Temple of the Four Elements (148)

Dominated by the mages of MercTown and shops specializing in magic gear, weapons, and accessories.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Temple of the Four Elements (148)

Postby Augur » Tue Jan 10, 2006 5:44 pm

Image


To call the Temple of the Four Elements a church or religion is a misnomer. Those who congregate at this temple do not worship any deity or pantheon, but rather they "worship" the forces of nature. It is an organization that is akin to the Collegiate Arcane, a guild of sorts for Warlocks/Elemental Fusionists, Druids and Shamans who pursue the mysteries of nature and the four elements: fire, water, earth and air. Currently the official membership of the temple is only around 200 Elemental Fusionists of all types, but visitors also come and worship at this, amid other temples and shrines down Temple Street. In fact, an increasing number of farmers, woodsmen, scouts and sailors frequent this temple with prayers for fair weather, good crops, good hunting and safe voyage.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 3698
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: Temple of the Four Elements (148)

Postby Molo » Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:05 am

Per: 1d20-7 = -3
JIC:1d20 = 3 | 1d100 = 29

Molo was almost used to the noise of the city, but when he entered the temple he was instantly reminded of how much it clouded his mind. The M'Raghiile focuses on his primary task when he finally approaches Eleros, though he has many questions. "Shaman Eleros. Purple lady at Guild-place tell Molo find you. Molo needs Great Shaman for to help destroy this one." The introduction is about as formal as Molo gets. Obviously Eleros is an important Shaman to be respected. He holds the Golem heart up to Eleros. "Molo is Shaman of Earth and Wind, but no knows what this is. Know it not spirit brother of Earth. Heart of Golem, Chieftan Ecks says. Molo think it bad, or Chieftan Ecks no say destroy it. Chieftan Ecks is wise and good, for Big Person. Who be Golem? Can Shaman Eleros destroy thing?"

Molo would like to ask more questions, but is interrupted by the radio: "Howdy Molo, me and Ms. Brianna's close, I'm right down the road a hunner feet or so, not far 'tall." He furrows his brow and says to Eleros, "Molos sorry, have for to take this." He picks up the radio and shouts, as per usual: "MOLO! MOLO! MOLO! Molo is inside Temple-Place!" The brief eruption shatters the quiet of the Temple.
Last edited by Molo on Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Molo
 

Re: Temple of the Four Elements (148)

Postby Beanpole » Mon Jan 05, 2015 6:14 pm

Since my post vanished, here's a summary:
Bean walks towards the temple.
He radios Molo saying he is on the way.
He's a little nervous in the craziness of the Mystic Quarter.
If he doesn't see Molo he waits for Broanna before going inside.




Perception 1d20+1 = 7
JIC 1d20 = 18
JIC 1d100 = 13




Hearing Molo's reply over the radio, Beanpole pushes on into the temple despite the foreignness of the whole thing. It's becoming more and more common. He's adaptable actually, just hasn't ever had to test it to these extremes before.

His focus is on Molo once he's inside. He strolls over, covering the distance quickly with his long strides. The sanctity of the temple does hold some power over him, and he waits until he's close to Molo before greeting the little squirrel man.

"Howdy Molo, ya'll doin' alright?" he says looking right at his friend, but his eyes quickly wander to take in the other people around and the architecture. As he stares, he mutters, "It ain't no dragon, but I do reckin' this ain't somethin' ya see every day..."
Beanpole
"Pardon me ma'am, you might want to cover your ears."

OOC Comments


HP: 17/17 :: SDC: 14/27 :: P.P.E.: 26/50

Urban Warrior Body Armor
• Helmet: 35
• Arms: 16 each
• Legs: 30 each
• Main Body: 50

Modifiers: -5% movement penalty

Weapons:
Wilk's 237 "Backup" (Hip Holster)
Range: 500'
Damage: 3D6 per single blast or 6D6 per double blast
Rate of Fire: Single shots only
Payload: 8/8 double shots (Standard E-Clip)
Modifiers: +2 to Strike with an aimed shot


NG-57 Heavy Duty Ion Blaster (Shoulder Holster)
Range: 500'
Damage: 2D4 M.D. or 3D6 M.D.
Rate of Fire: single shots only
Payload: 10/10 (Standard E-clip)


Vibro-Knife (Utility Belt)
Damage: 1D6 M.D.

Survival knife (in boot)
Damage: 1d6 SDC

Current Conditions:
User avatar
Beanpole
 
Posts: 342
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:42 pm
Location: AAPS - PC

Re: Temple of the Four Elements (148)

Postby Drake » Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:45 pm

Perception: 1d20+4 = 10
Just in Case: 1d20 = 2/1d100 = 53
Conditions: None.

Drake walks quickly towards the building, only to slow as he gawks at the immenseness of the structure. Mighty fancy building for elementalists. Drake thinks as he makes his way up the stairs and into the building. Looking about he notices Beanpole and Molo. Ahh... there they are. Drake approaches the two AAPS team members. "I see you found the place Molo. How are things Bean?"
Drake
"The sun persists in rising, so I make myself stand." -Katniss Everdeen EP
"Where must we go, we who wander this wasteland, in search of our better selves." ~The First Histories of Man.
"I hear black and I have no mercy." ~Drake, during the black rage.
Image
HP: 40/40
S.D.C.: 87/60
P.P.E.: 27/27
I.S.P.: 31/31
Cyber-Armor A.R.: 16
M.D.C. by Location:
Shoulders (2): 11 each, Back/Shoulder Blades (2): 18 each, Forearms (2): 13 each, Thighs/Upper Legs (2): 18 each, Chest Plate: 58/58.
Temporary Conditions: None.
Armor:
Armoured M.D.C. Sharp Duster MDC: 28/28
Streetwolf M.D.C. Combat pants M.D.C.: 8/8
NG Gloves M.D.C.: 2/2
NG Track Boots M.D.C.: 6/6
Weapons:
TX-26 Particle Beam Pistol Ammo: 15/9 Extra Ammo: 3 FSE, 2 Pistol E-Clips.
Constant Conditions:
None.
Temporary Conditions
None.
User avatar
Drake
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 252
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:33 am
Location: AAPS -PC

Re: Temple of the Four Elements (148)

Postby Molo » Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:51 am

Rolls held

Molo smiles at Drake and Beanpole, glad for the familiar company of his tribe in this strange place. "Molo speaks with Great Shaman Eleros." The M'Raghiile bows his head slightly towards Eleros in introduction. "Great Shaman, this be some of Molo's tribe. Drake man be powerful warrior. He choppy chop demon heads. Bean man be Shiny Giant." He doesn't explain this any further, assuming city folk would know what this means, though he barely does himself.
Molo
 

Re: Temple of the Four Elements (148)

Postby Brianna Clarke » Sat Jan 10, 2015 3:42 pm

Perception: 1d20 = 19
JIC: 1d20 = 16, 1d100 = 61

Conditions
I.S.P. Multiplier : 46/68 (x4)

Brianna walks with Bean to the Temple of the Four Elements and is glad that they have managed to find Molo and that he appeared to be all right. When she sees Drake, Brianna nods at him with a friendly smile and turns to Molo. "When you use the radio," Brianna says to Molo. "You don't have to yell into it." It's clear that Briana is just trying to be helpful and is not trying to embarrass Molo. Brianna falls quiet when Molo introduces the shaman and looks around the temple. 'It is very pretty.' Brianna thinks to herself.
Image

Brianna Clarke
HP: 45/45
SDC: 25/25

Constant Conditions
Sixth Sense
Mind Storm
Precognitive Dreams
Sense Water
User avatar
Brianna Clarke
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 324
Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:29 pm
Location: AAPS - PC

Re: Temple of the Four Elements (148)

Postby Drake » Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:54 am

((Rolls Carried Over))

Drake chuckles softly when Brianna tells Molo not to yell in the radio. I didn't even think to say something. "Well met Miss Clarke. Glad you could join us on this... What exactly are we doing anyways. Rescuing him... I mean clearly he's fine and has found where he was looking for." Drake looks about for a moment while Molo talks to the Elemental Fusionist. "So what now, or at the very least what next. I don't know about you guys but I haven't had a decent meal in weeks, and here we are in an actual city with restaurants and dinners and such. So who knows there way around town, because however useful this map is, it doesn't tell me what tastes good." Drake waits for a response.
Drake
"The sun persists in rising, so I make myself stand." -Katniss Everdeen EP
"Where must we go, we who wander this wasteland, in search of our better selves." ~The First Histories of Man.
"I hear black and I have no mercy." ~Drake, during the black rage.
Image
HP: 40/40
S.D.C.: 87/60
P.P.E.: 27/27
I.S.P.: 31/31
Cyber-Armor A.R.: 16
M.D.C. by Location:
Shoulders (2): 11 each, Back/Shoulder Blades (2): 18 each, Forearms (2): 13 each, Thighs/Upper Legs (2): 18 each, Chest Plate: 58/58.
Temporary Conditions: None.
Armor:
Armoured M.D.C. Sharp Duster MDC: 28/28
Streetwolf M.D.C. Combat pants M.D.C.: 8/8
NG Gloves M.D.C.: 2/2
NG Track Boots M.D.C.: 6/6
Weapons:
TX-26 Particle Beam Pistol Ammo: 15/9 Extra Ammo: 3 FSE, 2 Pistol E-Clips.
Constant Conditions:
None.
Temporary Conditions
None.
User avatar
Drake
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 252
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:33 am
Location: AAPS -PC

Re: Temple of the Four Elements (148)

Postby Beanpole » Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:19 pm

Rolls carried over

The idea of food is near and dear to Beanpole. It's one of the wonders of civilization he has fully embraced. It's more magical in many ways than a dragon.

"Mr. Drake, that there is a mighty fine idea. I reckin we let Molo finish his conversatin and, if'n I may be so bold, we find us some Dad's Pizza. That stuff fills a fellow up nice like. I done et there 'fore and it sure done hit the spot!" Bean puts in his two cents. He's more animated than any of the AAPS Crew there have seen him before.
Beanpole
"Pardon me ma'am, you might want to cover your ears."

OOC Comments


HP: 17/17 :: SDC: 14/27 :: P.P.E.: 26/50

Urban Warrior Body Armor
• Helmet: 35
• Arms: 16 each
• Legs: 30 each
• Main Body: 50

Modifiers: -5% movement penalty

Weapons:
Wilk's 237 "Backup" (Hip Holster)
Range: 500'
Damage: 3D6 per single blast or 6D6 per double blast
Rate of Fire: Single shots only
Payload: 8/8 double shots (Standard E-Clip)
Modifiers: +2 to Strike with an aimed shot


NG-57 Heavy Duty Ion Blaster (Shoulder Holster)
Range: 500'
Damage: 2D4 M.D. or 3D6 M.D.
Rate of Fire: single shots only
Payload: 10/10 (Standard E-clip)


Vibro-Knife (Utility Belt)
Damage: 1D6 M.D.

Survival knife (in boot)
Damage: 1d6 SDC

Current Conditions:
User avatar
Beanpole
 
Posts: 342
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:42 pm
Location: AAPS - PC

Re: Temple of the Four Elements (148)

Postby Tyrannosapiens Rex » Sun Jan 11, 2015 2:39 pm

The shaman standing in the middle of the temple, a older looking human in dyed orange and yellow leather smiles at Molo as he approaches. "Yes, young Shaman, the Collegiate called ahead and alerted me to your arrival." He nods to each of Molo's teammates as they are introduced.

"Fine group of warriors you've attached yourself to, Brother Molo. Let me see what you seek to rid yourself of."

Drake notices this building doesn't seem to have been built in any normal fashion as he looks around. The stone has no cracks and therefore were not masoned together, and the benches seem to grow right out of the floor, complete with a few leaves along the backrest. The only things that seem to have been installed were the windows and the front door.

Bean notices the same, but his ever-empty belly demands filling the second Drake mentions food. Bean recommends his favorite Black Market front- even though he isn't really aware of it's nature.

Brianna, with her sensitive nature, senses the natural magic forces keeping this building together. It makes the place seem even more impressive.
Of all the things encountered in the Megaverse, the most vile and evil are not the demons, or Alien Intelligences. No, even the Old Ones pale in vileness to the Human Tyrant King. For, only he treats his own kind, every day of his life, with the kind of careless attitude the Old Ones treated the so-called lesser races.
User avatar
Tyrannosapiens Rex
Game Master
 
Posts: 494
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:13 pm
Location: GAME MASTER (No Portfolio)

Re: Temple of the Four Elements (148)

Postby Molo » Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:26 am

Per: 1d20-7 = -6
JIC: 1d20 = 11 | 1d100 = 21

Molo waits while Eleros examines the heart. Like a curious kid, he tries to see what Eleros sees in the lump of rock*, standing on tip-toes and maneuvering to get the best view. He looks back and forth from the man's face to the Heart. When food is brought up though, Molo quickly turns his head and raises an eyebrow. His stomach grumbles and he asks, "What this, Pizza?" Bean's breakfast seemed so...so un-natural to Molo. Other than the hard boiled egg, he couldn't tell where any of the food came from. He had never heard of a bread tree. Bacon and sausage clearly came from some kind of animal, but nothing he had hunted tasted like that. He looks impatiently back to Eleros. "So. Great Shaman can fix this thing? Good. Molo's tribe seeks food now. Great Shaman come too? Hunt for Pizza with Molo's tribe?" Its pretty clear that if the answer is no, Molo is ready to cut and run. He has delivered the Heart as Chieftan Ecks asked. More important things await.

OOC: * or Clay? Gem? Can't remember and don't have my books.
Last edited by Molo on Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Molo
 

Re: Temple of the Four Elements (148)

Postby Beanpole » Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:10 am

Perception 1d20+1 = 17
JIC 1d20 = 11
JIC 1d100 = 51

Initiative 1d20+3 = 17


"Well Mr. Molo, I ain't never had no pizza 'fore I got to this here big city, sos I ain't rightly sure how it's made. It's a big round flat bread with some red sauce and then piles and piles of meats, cheeses an' vegetables. And you kin get mighty fine ice cold milk there! Tarnation, I'm gettin' durn hungry." Beanpole is pretty energetic as he describes it, with much gesticulation: he makes a big circle with his arms, a swirly motion when he describes the sauce, and ever increasing hand measurements to represent the toppings. He may be exaggerating.

He realizes that most of the team is here. "Howdy Ecks, looks like we all're gonna get some Dad's Pizza, reckin y'all and whoever else is there might wanna mosey on over?"
Beanpole
"Pardon me ma'am, you might want to cover your ears."

OOC Comments


HP: 17/17 :: SDC: 14/27 :: P.P.E.: 26/50

Urban Warrior Body Armor
• Helmet: 35
• Arms: 16 each
• Legs: 30 each
• Main Body: 50

Modifiers: -5% movement penalty

Weapons:
Wilk's 237 "Backup" (Hip Holster)
Range: 500'
Damage: 3D6 per single blast or 6D6 per double blast
Rate of Fire: Single shots only
Payload: 8/8 double shots (Standard E-Clip)
Modifiers: +2 to Strike with an aimed shot


NG-57 Heavy Duty Ion Blaster (Shoulder Holster)
Range: 500'
Damage: 2D4 M.D. or 3D6 M.D.
Rate of Fire: single shots only
Payload: 10/10 (Standard E-clip)


Vibro-Knife (Utility Belt)
Damage: 1D6 M.D.

Survival knife (in boot)
Damage: 1d6 SDC

Current Conditions:
User avatar
Beanpole
 
Posts: 342
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:42 pm
Location: AAPS - PC

Re: Temple of the Four Elements (148)

Postby Ecks » Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:42 am

"Copy that. Sure thing Bean, where is it at? I've mainly been around town while it's on fire."
Ecks
Medals
Image

H.P. 61/61
S.D.C. 36/30

NG-EX10 Light ExoSkeleton Battle Armor: Helmet: 96 , Main Body: 216, Arms: 84, Legs: 108
Combat Trench Coat:17/36
Mantooth Dessication Bullets 6 Rounds/2d6 S.D.C. pistol whip
NG-45LP 5D6+5 M.D.C 12/12 charges long e-clip
Vibro Knife: 1D6 M.D.C. Dmg.

NG-V7 main body 492/492 M.D.

Sled main body 110/110
force field 285/285
User avatar
Ecks
Group Leader
 
Posts: 739
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:25 pm
Location: AAPS PC

Re: Temple of the Four Elements (148)

Postby Tyrannosapiens Rex » Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:09 pm

After giving the gem encrusted metal lump a look over, Eleros replies. "Yes, I can dispose of this. No problem. I have to charge you for the service, however. I am sorry, Brother, but the Collegiate frowns on members doing favors for non-members. How does twenty five thousand black credits sound?"

(If you want to pay up somehow, just mention so and move on. If you want to go back and spend 4000 UC on a Collegiate membership instead, you can just mention so.)




After concluding their business here, the fine mishmash of beings that represent AAPS proceed to 'hunt pizza'. Which, after all is said and done, consists of entering another one of these artificial boxes city folk live in.
Of all the things encountered in the Megaverse, the most vile and evil are not the demons, or Alien Intelligences. No, even the Old Ones pale in vileness to the Human Tyrant King. For, only he treats his own kind, every day of his life, with the kind of careless attitude the Old Ones treated the so-called lesser races.
User avatar
Tyrannosapiens Rex
Game Master
 
Posts: 494
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:13 pm
Location: GAME MASTER (No Portfolio)

Re: Temple of the Four Elements (148)

Postby Molo » Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:52 am

Per: 1d20-7 = 1
JIC: 1d20 = 13 | 1d100 = 100

Molo looks back at Eleros with a look of confusion at first. Currency is still a new concept to him, he is used to trading in good. Then his face brightens as he catches up to the conversation. "Yes. Molo have credit thing. Man in suit give Molo this" he holds out a piece of plastic, given to him by the captain of the Defenders earlier this day, in exchange for gold and silver ingots. Why we traded gold and silver for this useless thing, I do not know. "But Molo only have one. No have 24,000 of these. How would Molo carry that many?"

After extensive explanation of how credit sticks work, Molo only has more and more questions. He can't get past how computers work to read the cards. Ecks explained batteries to him once, but the card doesn't look big enough to have a battery in it. Being illiterate and unable to understand the funny symbols on a card reader shown to him doesn't help. He gives up on the concept, deciding to just call it 'City Magic'. Trying to understand Black credits vs. Universal credits is even worse. He shrugs in confusion, looking down at the black piece of plastic that everyone calls a credit stick, "This be black thing. This be credits. Why no Black credits?" He tries to explain to the others that it just doesn't make sense, using trade objects and terms he understands. "Pretty rocks is pretty rocks. Furs is furs. Credits be credits. No can be this kind and this kind." Further explanation results in little gain. Molo shakes his head, quite frustrated at Eleros, and this entire big stupid city. "Molo have this thing. If Shaman no want it, tell Molo what to do."

Molo makes the trip back to the Collegiate to pay membership dues, where he gladly hands over the entire credit stick, not wanting anything back in 'change'. He returns to the Temple and finally resolves the headache of the golem heart. He is silent and brooding the entire way to the pizza shop, and can't wait to leave this terrible place.

Once inside, he pays little attention to any interaction with the Horsemen. He is not in the mood to play games with these silly city men. He barely touches the pizza, finding cheese to be even more un-natural than the highly processed bread and pepperoni. More products of this City Magic? Instead he finds some nuts and dried berries from his bag to nibble on quietly, mumbling to himself, "Stupid credits. Why anyone want them?"
Molo
 

Re: Temple of the Four Elements (148)

Postby Brianna Clarke » Thu Jan 15, 2015 7:38 am

Perception: 1d20 = 7
JIC: 1d20 = 2, 1d100 = 93

Conditions
I.S.P. Multiplier : 46/68 (x4)

Brianna listens to the conversation going on around her and nods with a smile at Bean’s suggestion of pizza. ”That’s a good idea.” Brianna replies, ”I haven’t had pizza since I got here.” Brianna can’t help but marvel at the magical forces were keeping the temple together. ’How fascinating!’ Brianna thinks to herself.

Brianna remains quiet while the other conversations are going on, not wanting to interrupt. When Bean invites Ecks to come with them, Brianna thinks this is a good idea. ’Maybe this will give me a chance to get to know my new teammates a little better’
Image

Brianna Clarke
HP: 45/45
SDC: 25/25

Constant Conditions
Sixth Sense
Mind Storm
Precognitive Dreams
Sense Water
User avatar
Brianna Clarke
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 324
Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:29 pm
Location: AAPS - PC

Re: Temple of the Four Elements (148)

Postby Drake » Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:43 pm

Perception: 1d20+4 = 12
Just in Case: 1d20 = 9/1d100 = 51
Conditions: None.

Drake shrugs his shoulders at the whole situation. Guess I'll never truly be done with magic users. Drake follows the team away from the Temple and into the warrens.

<<Old Grandad's Pizza (78)>>
Drake
"The sun persists in rising, so I make myself stand." -Katniss Everdeen EP
"Where must we go, we who wander this wasteland, in search of our better selves." ~The First Histories of Man.
"I hear black and I have no mercy." ~Drake, during the black rage.
Image
HP: 40/40
S.D.C.: 87/60
P.P.E.: 27/27
I.S.P.: 31/31
Cyber-Armor A.R.: 16
M.D.C. by Location:
Shoulders (2): 11 each, Back/Shoulder Blades (2): 18 each, Forearms (2): 13 each, Thighs/Upper Legs (2): 18 each, Chest Plate: 58/58.
Temporary Conditions: None.
Armor:
Armoured M.D.C. Sharp Duster MDC: 28/28
Streetwolf M.D.C. Combat pants M.D.C.: 8/8
NG Gloves M.D.C.: 2/2
NG Track Boots M.D.C.: 6/6
Weapons:
TX-26 Particle Beam Pistol Ammo: 15/9 Extra Ammo: 3 FSE, 2 Pistol E-Clips.
Constant Conditions:
None.
Temporary Conditions
None.
User avatar
Drake
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 252
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:33 am
Location: AAPS -PC


Return to The Mystic Quarter

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest