Armstrong-Bennett TW Armaments (128)

Dominated by the mages of MercTown and shops specializing in magic gear, weapons, and accessories.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Armstrong-Bennett TW Armaments (128)

Postby Augur » Tue May 19, 2009 2:20 pm

This store is a specialty shop that deals strictly in TW weapons. The owners won't even look at conventional weapons or even other types of TW devices, directing such inquiries elsewhere, mainly Magic-Tech Inc. However, when it comes to Techno-Wizard guns and other weaponry, Armstrong-Bennett has a complete selection as well as being willing and able to make custom TW weapons, and modify and repair TW weapons. As the name suggests, their area of specialty is Techno-Wizard guns and all things related to guns. This store is actually a sales outlet for Armstrong TW Armaments based in New Lazlo. The store is owned and operated by the married couple of Randle Bennett and Debbie Armstrong. Custom jobs building a TW weapon from scratch take 4-6 weeks, but if the customer is willing to pay double for a rush job, it can be done in 3-12 days; custom repairs and minor modifications in 1D6 days.

+5% to all rolls to find TW weapons of any rarity
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Augur
Admin

Re: Armstrong-Bennett TW Armaments (128)

Postby Mercedes » Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:26 am

Perception: 1d20+2 = 11
Just in Case d20: 1d20 = 13;JIC d100: 1d100 = 42

Entering the store gracefully, Mercedes looks about, projecting the pompous air. She approaches one of the staff importantly if they do not do so first, looking down her nose at them.

"Excuse me," she says politely, "I am looking to purchase a pair of Techno-Wizard Flaming Swords. Preferably a matched set. Would you happen to carry such items?"

Constant Effects: allergic to salt, shape-changed to appear as a beautiful human woman with deep red hair and blue eyes, sixth sense, mystic knight abilities (i.e. impervious to energy, ley line abilities)

Mercedes! Greed unbound!

P.P.E.: 24/104
I.S.P.: 24/38
H.P.: 26/26
S.D.C.: 65/65

Miniaturized Tolkeenite PPE Battery: 160/180 P.P.E.

Knock-Knock: 1/6 shots remaining
Mercedes

Postby SNAFU » Sun Feb 01, 2015 3:11 pm

Mercedes wrote:
"Excuse me," she says politely, "I am looking to purchase a pair of Techno-Wizard Flaming Swords. Preferably a matched set. Would you happen to carry such items?"

"I can provide a pair of pearl-handled beauties for 250,000. Do you agree?" replies the shopkeep.
SNAFU

Postby Mercedes » Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:03 pm

Perception: 1d20+2 = 14
Just in Case d20: 1d20 = 18;JIC d100: 1d100 = 62

"Hmm...250 000...that is a fair price.", Mercedes considers the cost carefully.
She gets close to the clerk and regards him (or her) with a very suggestive smile.

"Are you sure you can't make it...better?", she asks while playing with the clerk's clothing, running her fingertips up along a seam or fiddling with a zipper or button. ((Seduction 1d100 = 94/39%)) "I'd be VERY grateful."

Her clumsy attempt at manipulation seems far too forward for the meek clerk. She shrugs her shoulders and hands over the card that she got from Baker. I know how much is on there, so you'd best not try to rip me off. Peasant!

Constant Effects: allergic to salt, shape-changed to appear as a beautiful human woman with deep red hair and blue eyes, sixth sense, mystic knight abilities (i.e. impervious to energy, ley line abilities)

Mercedes! Greed unbound!

Mercedes

Postby SNAFU » Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:41 pm

Mercedes wrote:"Hmm...250 000...that is a fair price.", Mercedes considers the cost carefully.
She gets close to the clerk and regards him (or her) with a very suggestive smile.

"Are you sure you can't make it...better?", she asks while playing with the clerk's clothing, running her fingertips up along a seam or fiddling with a zipper or button. ((Seduction Original post: 1d100 = 94/39%)) "I'd be VERY grateful."

Her clumsy attempt at manipulation seems far too forward for the meek clerk. She shrugs her shoulders and hands over the card that she got from Baker. I know how much is on there, so you'd best not try to rip me off. Peasant!

"Er, no, the price is the price." The clerk is impervious to Mercedes attempts to charm, nor does he seem to notice the encroachment upon his personal space. "Is there anything else you would like?"
SNAFU

Postby Mercedes » Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:25 pm

Perception: 1d20+2 = 9
Just in Case d20: 1d20 = 15;JIC d100: 1d100 = 69

Dammit, full price. I'll remember you...
"No, nothing else for now. Here is my card."

Mercedes hands her card over somewhat reluctantly and pays her bill for the two Flaming Swords. She decides to go get some new threads over at the nearest clothing store.

"Could you be so kind as to please point me to Miranda's Fashion? I'm somewhat new to MercTown."

Miranda's Fashion Boutique (62)

Mercedes! Greed unbound!

Mercedes

Postby Bettie Houser » Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:27 am

Perception: 1d100 = 25% (34% base)
JIC: 1d20 = 8
JIC: 1d100 = 41

Bettie walks into the shop and smiles at the owners, "Hey folks, I'm Bettie new member of the Roughnecks. I was wondering if you all have ever been able to get your hands on blades made of the same material as this?", she draws her sword and offers it pommel first once again to the shop keeps, "Also, would you be able to Techo-Spell a blade like this to make it faster...I mean a LOT faster?". She lets them look over the blade if they accept it and then suddenly thinks to add, "Oh, and of course how much would something like that cost?".
Bettie Houser
M.D.C.: [190/190]
Armor:
- Armored M.D.C. Biker’s Jacket & Streetwolf M.D.C. Combat Pants
M.D.C.: [15/15] & [8/8]
Weapons:
- Kisentite Sword
- (2) NE-6SLs
Misc.:
- Sunglasses
- Cred cards
- IRMSS kit
- Wilk's PRC-5
- (8) Speed loaders
Bettie Houser
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Augur » Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:32 pm

Bettie approaches two techs or sales reps with tousled brown hair, and durable looking, but somehow aesthetically fancy-looking jumpsuits in an earthen color palette. Bettie can't tell if they're techs or salesmen. The guys' response to her first question is to examine the sword. One looks to the other, then they both look back at Bettie. "Nope. What is that, meteoric metal?" Bettie's second question elicits another exchanged of looks between the pair. They each nod at one another. "That would require a very high level spell, and a rather large turquoise. The semi-precious stone isn't that big a problem, they're not terribly rare or too difficult to come by, but that's a very high level spell effect you're looking for, and only Master Randle could manage that. I'd estimate the job would take about 6 days, give or take some hours. I'd estimate the cost for his work on such a task would be about thirty thousand credits, give or take a few thousand."

Item
Augur
Admin

Postby Bettie Houser » Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:09 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 32% (34% base)
JIC: 1d20 = 20
JIC: 1d100 = 36

Bettie listens to the pair of techs explain it all before asking a few things, "Ok, so you need me to provide the turquoise gem, a sword to build this onto, and about thirty thousand credits in order to start working on it? And it'll take about a week to complete? Did I miss anything?".
Bettie Houser
Armor:
Weapons:
- Kisentite Sword
- (2) NE-6SLs
Misc.:
- Sunglasses
- Cred cards
- IRMSS kit
- Wilk's PRC-5
- (8) Speed loaders
Bettie Houser
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Augur » Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:32 pm

Bettie Houser wrote:Bettie listens to the pair of techs explain it all before asking a few things, "Ok, so you need me to provide the turquoise gem, a sword to build this onto, and about thirty thousand credits in order to start working on it? And it'll take about a week to complete? Did I miss anything?".

The two look at one another again before looking back to Bettie. "Oh no, we can acquire the turquoise, but yeah to the rest. I'll run the price by Randle before committing us both to anything though."
Augur
Admin

Postby Bettie Houser » Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:35 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 90% (34% base)
JIC: 1d20 = 9
JIC: 1d100 = 8

Bettie nods with a smile, "Well alright, go ahead and take 50,000 off this card as a deposit. I'm off to see some folks about a worthwhile blade to put your T-W fun onto. Oh, one last thing, I don't know anything about casting spells or techo-spell stuff to begin with. It might be a bit late to mention it, but will I be able use the spell part of the sword once your done? I don't suppose you make magic E-clips for weapons like this?".
Bettie Houser
Armor:
Weapons:
- Kisentite Sword
- (2) NE-6SLs
Misc.:
- Sunglasses
- Cred cards
- IRMSS kit
- Wilk's PRC-5
- (8) Speed loaders
Bettie Houser
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Augur » Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:04 pm

Bettie Houser wrote:Bettie nods with a smile, "Well alright, go ahead and take 50,000 off this card as a deposit. I'm off to see some folks about a worthwhile blade to put your T-W fun onto. Oh, one last thing, I don't know anything about casting spells or techo-spell stuff to begin with. It might be a bit late to mention it, but will I be able use the spell part of the sword once your done? I don't suppose you make magic E-clips for weapons like this?".

The dudes take the Naruni Ripper Sword from her and take her card, respectively, take down her info, deduct the 50,000 credits as a down payment, and send her on her way with assurances that if master Randle didn't want to take on this job at this time, they'd contact her and return the credits to her card and the sword to her possession.
Augur
Admin

Postby Bettie Houser » Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:12 pm

((Rolls carried over))

"Thanks much you two! You can reach me anytime at the Roughnecks compound. Take care!", and with a wave Bettie heads out the door and back to the Roughnecks HQ.

Roughnecks Operations Compound (206a)

http://www.explorersunlimited.com/eu/viewtopic.php?f=175&t=5932
Bettie Houser
Armor:
Weapons:
- Kisentite Sword
- (2) NE-6SLs
Misc.:
- Sunglasses
- Cred cards
- IRMSS kit
- Wilk's PRC-5
- (8) Speed loaders
Bettie Houser
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby James Miller » Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:00 pm

Perception:95%| 1d100 = 81
JIC: 1d20 = 91d100 = 82

Skills: (One uncommon items sought)
Invoke Trust: 80% | 1d100 = 77
Barter 57% | 1d100 = 47
Find Contraband 49% | 1d100 = 32

James walks into the store and instantly feels uncomfortable, I really don't like being in unfamiliar places and this whole magic world is just not my jam. I need to get in and get the fuck out of here quick.

The spy will wait around for a bit and hopefully someone comes to help him. When they do James will hide his unease with politeness and ask, "Hi there, I am interested in finding a TW Jammer Pistol. I don't need a clip just the pistol will do, do you think you have one?
James
Ledger
Conditions
NE-CW20 Camouflage Variable Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
• Helmet: 40/40
• Arms: 20/20, 20/20
• Legs: 30/30, 30/30
• Main Body: 80/80
Modifiers: -5% to acrobatics/gymnastics, -20% for others to detect, +5% to prowl skill

James Miller

Postby The Bos » Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:15 pm

A man dressed in a leather jacket and an old-style aviator helmet approaches James. "Hello there! Welcome to Amstrong-Bennett TW Armaments. I'm Randle Bennett -- what can I do for you today?"

James Miller wrote:The spy will wait around for a bit and hopefully someone comes to help him. When they do James will hide his unease with politeness and ask, "Hi there, I am interested in finding a TW Jammer Pistol. I don't need a clip just the pistol will do, do you think you have one?

Randle looks slightly surprised. "A jammer, eh? Well, if you don't mind me saying I didn't have you pegged for a spellcaster or a psychic... but hey, any flatscan -- excuse me, non-gifted person -- can use tee-dub gear no problem... just so long as you have access to someone who can recharge it, that is. Right this way." He leads James over to a spot at the main counter where he pulls out a light pistol that looks like a tube with a pistol grip attached. "The Jammer Pistol costs 75,000 credits; that cost includes one 10-shot clip. Speaking of recharging, the Jammer Pistol like all of our items comes fully charged. If you should change your mind about getting a backup clip, we sell those fully charged for 40,000 credits each."
The Bos
Assistant Game Master

Postby James Miller » Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:29 am

...rolls carried

James listens quietly and smiles as the man makes fun of him for not looking like a magic user, Ya ya, its not my thing. I can't pass up or ignore the usefulness of something like this. Probably going to be a waste of money..

The Bos wrote:"The Jammer Pistol costs 75,000 credits; that cost includes one 10-shot clip. Speaking of recharging, the Jammer Pistol like all of our items comes fully charged. If you should change your mind about getting a backup clip, we sell those fully charged for 40,000 credits each."

James answers, "That is exactly what I'm looking for thank you. I have one extra clip already and I want to try it out in the field first, see how effective it is." James slides his card in payment and provides the address of the G.I.R.L.S. hanger. "Thanks for your time, I'll be back for more clips if the things works out for me. Have a nice day."

(Spy Gear Electronics)
James
Ledger
Conditions
NE-CW20 Camouflage Variable Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
• Helmet: 40/40
• Arms: 20/20, 20/20
• Legs: 30/30, 30/30
• Main Body: 80/80
Modifiers: -5% to acrobatics/gymnastics, -20% for others to detect, +5% to prowl skill

James Miller

Return to The Mystic Quarter