The Oasis (66)

Market District

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

The Oasis (66)

Postby Augur » Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:08 pm

A middle-class, affordable restaurant. The menu is fairly inexpensive with dozens of selections that range from good old spaghetti & meatballs to Cajun chicken strips. Most meals cost 8-12 credits, and Dragon 's Head beer is on tap for three credits a glass. The staff is courteous and hard working; a favorite haunt of adventurers and families alike.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 4780
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: The Oasis (66)

Postby Beltin Delhomme » Tue May 19, 2015 4:21 am

-----------------------------------
Perception: 1d20+6 = 12
JIC: 1d20 = 8 | 1d100 = 11%
-----------------------------------
Beltin smiles as the aroma of quality food assaults his senses. He inhales deeply as they enter and begins to look around at the food already served at various tables to try to determine what is popular and what looks good. When approached by the host(ess), Beltin will hold up two fingers, "Table for two please."

After they are seated with menus, Beltin will warmly offer a suggestion to his wife, "I'd imagine you have not picked up reading American in the short amount of time you have been here. Focus on the wand and it can grant you the ability to read whatever you come across." ((Wand of Knowledge: Eyes of Thoth))

"I think I will have a bucket of fried chicken and side of mashed potatoes, corn and gravy... Haven't had that in a while. Mmm." Beltin's eyes take on a dazed look as he seems to be deep in the thought of consuming such imaginary food. After a moment, he snaps out of it, realizing that the eating experience is no longer a solitary exercise. "What do you think you will have? And how does this compare to your hometown tavern?" Beltin asks his wife.
User avatar
Beltin Delhomme
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 289
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:24 pm
Location: Heroes for Hire - PC

Re: The Oasis (66)

Postby Augur » Tue May 19, 2015 8:18 am

Beltin Delhomme wrote:
After they are seated with menus, Beltin will warmly offer a suggestion to his wife, "I'd imagine you have not picked up reading American in the short amount of time you have been here. Focus on the wand and it can grant you the ability to read whatever you come across." ((Wand of Knowledge: Eyes of Thoth))

"I think I will have a bucket of fried chicken and side of mashed potatoes, corn and gravy... Haven't had that in a while. Mmm." Beltin's eyes take on a dazed look as he seems to be deep in the thought of consuming such imaginary food. After a moment, he snaps out of it, realizing that the eating experience is no longer a solitary exercise. "What do you think you will have? And how does this compare to your hometown tavern?" Beltin asks his wife.

The restaurant is surprisingly busy when the couple walk in, but within a minute or two a table is cleared, and they're shown to the vacant booth. The table between them has a burnished steel surface, faux-leather upholstery covers the seating, and there is no menu on the table. A man with broad shoulders, strong hands, and an apron tied at his waist swings by their table. "What would you folks like to start with? If this is your first time at The Oasis since the management changed hands, let me give you a quick run-down: There is no menu. Order whatever you like, and if we have what's needed on-hand, we'll make it for you. If we don't have what's needed, we'll either send a runner to get it here in town (no extra charge) or we'll tell you you're outta luck." The man takes down Beltin's order on a note pad. Beltin notices that the script is in Demogogian. "Comfort food, eh? Must have been away from home for a while. We got just what you need. Scratch will fix you right up."

He turns his attention to Marit. "And what would you like to eat?"

Marit seems to give this question serious deliberation for a moment before shaking her head and looking to Beltin. "Order for me, please; something you grew up eating, maybe your favorite dish as a child. The Tavern usually had salt cod year round, and maybe a barley soup. In the fall, there would be lots of venison and plenty of jerky and smoked and pickled foods of all sorts."
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 4780
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: The Oasis (66)

Postby Beltin Delhomme » Wed May 20, 2015 2:23 am

-----------------------------------
Perception: 1d20+6 = 22
JIC: 1d20 = 13 | 1d100 = 25%
-----------------------------------
"Oh! New management, huh." Beltin echoes, the surprise clear in his voice. "Does that mean Jackson is no longer cooking?" The young mind melter uses this small lie to try to gauge their waitstaff's response. He had only really known The Oasis by reputation and had never actually dined here before. But the Demongogian script had roused his suspicions about the new 'management'. If their waiter confirms a change in cooks, Beltin will say politely, "Fantastic! Would you mind introducing us? It has been some time since I was here last, but I certainly did develop quite the rapport with the previous staff." If, however, the waiter says that Jackson is still there, Beltin will nod and smile in mock gratitude. Despite his efforts to lie, Beltin's innate exuding of his emotions will likely reveal his uneasiness.

Regardless of the outcome of the conversation, Beltin will order Eggs Benedict for Marit and will focus his efforts on getting a sense of their surroundings. ((Sense Supernatural Evil and Magic Energy. 1d100 = 31/90%))

"Eggs Benedict," Beltin begins, talking to Marit so that their conversation appears to be normal, "is poached eggs atop bread covered in sauce made from egg yolk. If done well, is runny and delicious. A part of me wonders if the creator was obsessed with eggs!" Beltin chuckles lightly, but it is clear his mind is distracted as he ponders the fate of this restaurant. Management changed... Could this be connected to the increase in demon/devil activity we have encountered elsewhere? Could it be related to the assault on MercTown? Did demons infiltrate this restaurant at that point and take over? I should be careful, and we should definitely NOT eat whatever they serve us.
User avatar
Beltin Delhomme
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 289
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:24 pm
Location: Heroes for Hire - PC

Re: The Oasis (66)

Postby Augur » Wed May 20, 2015 10:22 am

Beltin Delhomme wrote:"Oh! New management, huh. Does that mean Jackson is no longer cooking?"


The waiter seems to look puzzled. He cocks his head to one side, eyes downcast and apparently trying to recall something. "I've waited tables here for two years and don't recall a Jackson, sir. Unless it's been some time since you were last a diner with us, I think you might have The Oasis confused with some other establishment."

Beltin Delhomme wrote:Regardless of the outcome of the conversation, Beltin will order Eggs Benedict for Marit and will focus his efforts on getting a sense of their surroundings. ((Sense Supernatural Evil and Magic Energy. Original post: 1d100 = 31/90%))

Beltin senses a definite supernatural presence in the back somewhere, but it's not very powerful, and he doesn't sense evil.

Beltin Delhomme wrote:"Eggs Benedict is poached eggs atop bread covered in sauce made from egg yolk. If done well, is runny and delicious. A part of me wonders if the creator was obsessed with eggs!" Beltin chuckles lightly, but it is clear his mind is distracted as he ponders the fate of this restaurant.


Marit reaches across the table and clasps his hand with both her own. "Don't worry, I'm sure I'll love these Benedict eggs."

She looks up to their waiter. "And if you have Chamomile tea, I'd like a pot of that, too, please." She looks to Beltin, "Zoe's got me practically addicted to this stuff, I think it's laced with a mild sedative."

The waiter, Beltin can now see the small name tag on his shirt reads James, smiles mildly in return. "Scratch is strangely fond of teas as well, I think we can manage that." He writes down everything and looks back to Beltin. "If that is all, I'll put in your order and have your drinks out shortly." Unless further orders are requested, he departs as stated.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 4780
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: The Oasis (66)

Postby Beltin Delhomme » Fri May 29, 2015 9:11 am

-----------------------------------
Perception: 1d20+6 = 23
JIC: 1d20 = 14 | 1d100 = 97%
-----------------------------------
Beltin smiles graciously at the waiter and confirms that the order is complete. Not remembering a Jackson... That is the correct answer. I need to be careful. All this adventuring and intrigue is turning me paranoid. I seem to attempt to see deception everywhere I go. This is not a good way to live life. The young mind melter lets out a small sigh and turns his attention to his wife.

"We will likely be deploying again soon. It sounds like there is a small errand we can run for Triax to make things square with them. Did Zoe help you gain admission into the Collegiate to help refine your abilities? I will leave my cred-stick with you so that you can make whatever purchases you need in my absence. Take care with the funds as they are the vast majority of my savings and we will be quite destitute without them." Beltin chuckles lightly at his horrible attempt at humor. His attempts to make small talk seem to fall a bit short. The young mind melter seems a little pre-occupied, but even he cannot place exactly why.

If the remainder of the meal remains uneventful, Beltin will pay and walk Marit back to the Haven, making pleasant conversation as best he can.
User avatar
Beltin Delhomme
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 289
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:24 pm
Location: Heroes for Hire - PC

Re: The Oasis (66)

Postby Augur » Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:44 am

(Sorry for the slight delay. Life is getting interesting.)

Marit listens attentively to Beltin. "Zoe's more inclined to educate my senses with all the various tastes, sights, and sounds of this city at present, and her financial resources seem endless, but I will work towards this goal, my husband, and I don't think Zoe is averse to helping me either. She just seems...distracted, perhaps? Like a young girl raising her first lamb...mmm, something like that anyway." Their meal arrives in short order, and it's beyond what Beltin could have wished for. Though portions are not unreasonable, the food is sumptuous in presentation, the aromas are saliva-inducing, and everything spiced to just the right degree of flavor balanced with peppery heat to the fried chicken and gravy. Even Marit's eggs come with a side of red sauce that she notes with some measure of mixed glee and alarm is spicy enough to make her upper lip sweat.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 4780
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey


Return to The Spokes

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest