The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Government and Business District.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Postby Major Arcana » Sun Feb 14, 2016 12:10 pm

Spook Squad Headquarters "The Haunt"

This imposing structure stands across from the park and Klingmar Spa & Resort and is home to the infamous Spook Squad mercenary squad.

Link to full details and layout.

See Here for Prior Haunt
Major Arcana
Game Master

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Postby Carl » Sun Feb 14, 2016 1:51 pm

Perception: 1d20+10 = 13
JIC D20: 1d20 = 1; D100: 1d100 = 50
Condition: Activated: Motion Detector (40ft);Amplified Hearing (range 360ft) +3 init; Sound Suppression System; Enchanted Earring: Protection against all types of Fire (including magical); Not activated: Telescopic (4-8x30 magnification, range 6000ft); Thermal Imaging (range 3000ft);Sunglasses - Impervious to Energy talisman, 2 uses remaining, (lvl 5); Armband: Time Slip talisman, 3 uses remaining, (lvl 5); Enchanted Earring - Casts Invisibility: Simple (4x/day (4 remaining), 15 min duration)

Carl goes to collect the group pay with the others, he gives Vheld his share at the earlier opportunity. Once back at the Haunt, Carl bid farewell to the departing members, he realizes that the team will likely take a different direction without a Cyberknight at its forefront. Under Carl's guidance, the team will mostlikely be offered and will take on more wet-work missions than it would with a knight as its leader. *I will have to get with Vheld and decide which new members to promote to secondary leadership positions.* Over the radio, he says, "Everyone takes a few days to enjoy some downtime and take care of any personal business. I will contact everyone when we need to meet as a group; for now, I will be available if anyone has any questions of need help with anything."

Carl waits for Thorn to remove the things that he is taking with him before putting the remaining thing in storage. Once everything is out of the room, Carl moves all of his gear, including his surveillance equipment to his new room. *I guess I will get a chance to see if Erg can enhance my armor as he claimed he could.*
Major Arcana wrote: Vheld can feel the Wraith's displeasure and the Wraith does another sniff towards Carl and Carl hears a eerie voice "Heehee, you have been touched by one of my kind." The Deevil Wraith remarks before following Vheld towards his remaining three minions where he introduces them."

Carl cannot help but put the creature in its place. "Yes, and I gained a great deal when my swords and I destroyed it."
Carl
Constant Effects
MDC: Main Body200/200;
Amplified Hearing (range 360ft) +3 init;
Armor: Shadow Armor
• Attackers are -5 to strike the wearer in darkness
• M.D.C: Main body 400/400
Force Field: N-F50A Superheavy 160/160
Weapon in Hand: Duel Concealed Palm Energy Generators - Particle Beams:
☞ Mega-Damage: 5d6 MD per single blast, a duel simultaneous blast inflicts 1d6x10 MD
Weapons: Duel Rune-Daisho Swords (hilts have wrist straps to secure them when used)
☞ The power of the Battle Fury can be summoned by the wielder of these swords. Both swords must be present for the power to work. (3 times per 24 hours))
☞ Katana: 5D6 S.D.C./H.P. to mortal foes, 5d6 M.D. to M.D.C. foes and 8D6 M.D. to supernatural beings.
☞ Wakazashi: 3D6 S.D.C./H.P. to mortal foes, 3d6 M.D. to M.D.C. foes and 5D6 M.D. to supernatural beings. (Can cure wounds and bestow 5d6 HP and 5d6 sdc (or 4d6 mdc) at the same time (3 times per 24 hours))
Flight: Jet Pack[/size]
Carl
Group Leader

Postby Lahz » Sun Feb 14, 2016 5:08 pm

Perception [+2]: 1d20 = 17 [+3 involving Electronics or Machines]
JiC D20: 1d20 = 16
JiC D100: 1d100 = 82

Conditions: Telemechanics (0 ISP, Constant, 5ft, 90%), Mind-block Auto-Defense (0 ISP, Automatic), Radiate Nature [Satisfied/Relieved/Curious]

Personal ISP: 43/181

Lahz and Ray [the Droid] collect payment from Thorn at the Magic Guild, then head back to the Haunt to change. He'll offer his old friend a heart-felt sendoff. Arrayed in a T-Shirt, and Cargo Pants beneath NG RA5 Arrow Ride Armor and sporting his Drone Command Gauntlet [NG2 pg 245] and C-18 Laser Pistol, the Psi-Tech heads into town to look for some parts and materials for projects he's been considering.

[[ Arms Bazaar -- The Northern Gun Store ]]
Lahz D'Gemmel

ISP: 191/191
PPE: 22/22
HP: 32/32
SDC: 26/26

Worn:
NG RA5 Arrow Ride Armor
MD by Loc: Helmet: 35/35, Main Body: 30/30
Arms: [L] 14/14 . [R] 14/14 & Legs: [L] 18/18 . [R] 18/18

N-F50A Superheavy Force Field - Not Active
M.D.C.: 160/160

Weapons: Wilk's 325 "Mariner" Pulse Pistol 2D8 MD or 4D8 MD, 900'

Other: Drone Command Gauntlet (NG2 pg 245) [Left Forearm, 10 MD, 5 Mile Wireless Range], Vibro-Knife [1d6 MD], Laser Eavesdropping Device, Multitool, Talismans from Vheld (several)

Accompanied by Ray the Droid (( NG-B50 ‘Thunderer’ BigBore Combat Hammer, Wilks Laser Sword & NG-SE9 Sharpshooter ))
Lahz
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Vheld » Tue Feb 16, 2016 8:59 am

JIC: 1d20 = 4, 1d100 = 55
PER: 1d20+5 = 6

Conditions: Aura of Power (~6m remaining; Vheld appears level 12 and 50% stronger; add 5 to MA)

Major Arcana wrote:"Magi Vheld, I am departing for my home, I have left Carl to act in my stead. He has your monetary reward. It has been an honor."

Vheld nods, but otherwise remains standing stock still. "Likewise. Fare well, Sir Thorn." The enigmatic shifter is never one for distractions of interpersonal relationships or 'friends', but Thorn treated him well as a commander, and Vheld finds himself watching the departing cyber-knight with a close approximation of fondness.

Still, there is work to be done, and Vheld quickly turns his attention back to the matter at hand. Once he has successfully subdued the wraith and returned to the Haunt, he will begin the delicate task of settling his new minion in. At the confrontation between Slithn and Carl, the shifter states in an iron-hard voice. "Enough! This one is not for you, nor are the other members of this team. There will be others soon enough. Follow me."

Vheld leads Slithn to the garage, where his minions normally reside when they are not doing Vheld's bidding. With the hulking form of Nameless gone, the garage is noticeably emptier. Vheld approaches his minions and introduces Slithn to them. "I have dismissed Nameless and Xin from my service. Slithn here is to take Xin's place as my protector. Her telepathy will enable her to speak to you in my name on the battlefield. She will be my second-in-command. Obey me, then Carl, then the other senior members of this team, then Slithn in that order. I trust there will be no problems with that?"

Vheld will stare down any minions that take issue with the new hierarchy- they're all new enough, and weak enough, that he doesn't expect much of a challenge, but he will reinforce his mental control of the other three and bend them to his will if needed. Once Vheld is satisfied that none of his minions will battle or sabotage one another, he will bid them remain in the garage and return to the Haunt's main rooms.

Carl wrote:*I will have to get with Vheld and decide which new members to promote to secondary leadership positions.*

Should Carl bring this up at an opportune moment, Vheld will pause and grumble a little at the interruption of his normal business. I do not have time for these mundane details. Still, with Mierin and Thorn gone Vheld realizes that the decision must be made. With any luck, more senior members means less time Vheld has to spend dealing with this sort of thing. After thinking for a bit, he says "The techno-wizard acquitted himself well in our preparations for this last mission, and a senior member's share of our profits would enable him to do more. If you find his performance during the infiltration part of the mission satisfactory, he has my support for promotion. The others are still too new- one mission is insufficient to gauge their capabilities. I propose we revisit this discussion as far as they are concerned after our next mission." Regardless of whether or not Carl concurs with this assessment, Vheld will conclude the discussion with a brisk nod and say "I should check in at the guild. I will have my radio with me." The shifter then departs.

((Mages' Guild))
Stay back!
Spell Strength +5 (victims need 17 or better to save vs. Vheld's incantations)
Automatically sense Vampires (1000 ft/100% chance to recognize on sight), Rifts (550 miles), and Ley Lines (85%, 100 miles; +10% for nexuses); Sustained (9d remaining)
PPE: 306/327 (Vheld), 83/83 (Sil), 126/126 (Sshir), 200/200 (Slithn), 118/118 (Bel'Dar), 126/126 (Brokswa). ISP: 90/90 (Medallion)
Energy Spheres (30d remaining for all)
  • 2 1000/1000 floating behind Vheld
  • 4 1000/1000 in sacks attached to Bel'Dar
  • 1 1000/1000 S'shir
  • 1 1000/1000 Brokswa
Weapon in Hand- TW Storm Staff.[/size]
Vheld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Carl » Tue Feb 16, 2016 5:47 pm

((Rolls carried over))
Vheld wrote:
Carl wrote:*I will have to get with Vheld and decide which new members to promote to secondary leadership positions.*

Should Carl bring this up at an opportune moment, Vheld will pause and grumble a little at the interruption of his normal business. I do not have time for these mundane details. Still, with Mierin and Thorn gone Vheld realizes that the decision must be made. With any luck, more senior members means less time Vheld has to spend dealing with this sort of thing. After thinking for a bit, he says "The techno-wizard acquitted himself well in our preparations for this last mission, and a senior member's share of our profits would enable him to do more. If you find his performance during the infiltration part of the mission satisfactory, he has my support for promotion. The others are still too new- one mission is insufficient to gauge their capabilities. I propose we revisit this discussion as far as they are concerned after our next mission." Regardless of whether or not Carl concurs with this assessment, Vheld will conclude the discussion with a brisk nod and say "I should check in at the guild. I will have my radio with me." The shifter then departs.

Carl does bring it up with Vheld and listens to his suggestions. Before the Shifter leaves, Carl says, "Good points! With Thorn's departure, your contacts at the mage guild will most likely be our main source of income, but we need more. I will have to see what contacts the new members bring to the team and if any is worth our time. Since we do not need to make a decision right away, I will observe what they do during our down time. I agree, we will make a final decision later. For now I will take your advice and temporarily promote the techno-wizard to see how he handles the responsibility of leadership. If he does well we can make it permanent, if not we can demote him. Even if he does well, I would like to promote at least one more at some time. I will also put in a request to Fixer for anyone available that might fit in with the squad."

Once Vheld leaves, Carl goes into the workout room and goes through his normal workout session while he mentally runs through what he observed of the newcomers during the last mission.
Carl
Constant Effects
☞ Mega-Damage: 5d6 MD per single blast, a duel simultaneous blast inflicts 1d6x10 MD
Weapons: Duel Rune-Daisho Swords (hilts have wrist straps to secure them when used)
☞ The power of the Battle Fury can be summoned by the wielder of these swords. Both swords must be present for the power to work. (3 times per 24 hours))
☞ Katana: 5D6 S.D.C./H.P. to mortal foes, 5d6 M.D. to M.D.C. foes and 8D6 M.D. to supernatural beings.
☞ Wakazashi: 3D6 S.D.C./H.P. to mortal foes, 3d6 M.D. to M.D.C. foes and 5D6 M.D. to supernatural beings. (Can cure wounds and bestow 5d6 HP and 5d6 sdc (or 4d6 mdc) at the same time (3 times per 24 hours))
Carl
Group Leader

Postby Whisper » Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:20 pm

Perception: 1d20+2 = 11
Just in Case d20: 1d20 = 19;JIC d100: 1d100 = 12

Whisper softly offers a goodbye to Sir Thorn, but he's still little more than a stranger to her. Likewise with Mierin. Yet, they seem capable; deserving of the reputation MercTown murmurs about. "If you need me to fight by your side again, Sir Thorn...", Lily mumbles, her voice trailing off. She averts her gaze shyly. "Goodbye Mierin, I wish..." that you could teach me... "...you well."

Back at the Haunt, Lily has a little time to absorb what's happened.

Jeez, isn't anyone just a normal human any more?
"Hey, um, you guys know where I can get my ride repaired? Is it...out of pocket?", Lily asks quietly, wondering if they have a regular "repair guy".

She'll go about taking care of getting her Mecha-knight repaired and then have to deal with Echo. Think...like really think...
((OOC: should Whisper visit the Naruni store, or is there somewhere else to get repairs done? also, where on Earth are the time and costs listed?! :p )
Whisper
H.P.: 32/32
S.D.C.: 50/50

Mecha-Knight main body 400/400
Forcefield 160/160
Whisper

Postby Tiree » Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:34 pm

testing permissions
Tiree
Admin

Postby Carl » Sat Feb 20, 2016 4:01 pm

Whisper wrote:"Hey, um, you guys know where I can get my ride repaired? Is it...out of pocket?", Lily asks quietly, wondering if they have a regular "repair guy".

Carl answers Whisper's question about repairs, "We used to have members on the team that could repair the machine, but I do not know if any of the current members have the skills and/or is willing to do it; you might want to ask them. Squad will reimburse you for any credits spent on repairs for damages that happened during a team mission. Any improvements or additions to your equipment comes out of your own pocket. So once your ride is fixed, bring the itemized receipt and we will give you the credits you paid for repairs out of the group funds."
Carl
Constant Effects
Carl
Group Leader

Postby Erg » Thu Feb 25, 2016 3:37 pm

Perception: 1d20+2 = 14 (+3 Involving Magic , Machines , or their Combination)
JIC: 1d20 = 14 , 1d100 = 70

Returning from his trip to the Naruni store Erg comes back to The Haunt , Naruni case in hand.

Erg will look for Carl .. Assuming he finds him without issue:
"Excuse me sir. Before the mission we briefly discussed your interest to commission me for some upgraded equipment or armor. As I recall , you said you might be interested in stealth and/or defense improvements. Before I present potential proposals; are there any other specifics you would like to include or specifically exclude? Also , would this be just for you alone ? Or are you also interested in repairs , upgrades , custom gear , etc not just for you alone , but for the team in general ? I am confident between me and Lahz there is very little we won't be able to do if given enough time and required materials."

Erg patiently waits for Carl's reply.
Erg Flux
Status
HP(34) .. SDC(20) .. ISP(58) .. PPE(144/144) .. Sustain Sleep2Hr/day no eat,drink,breath (7d)
•On Person Gear, Utility Belt, Miniature PPE(180) Battery Regen10/hr , Updraft TW Shoes 8PPE 30m 50Spd
•(VS)VehicleStopper 300ft 6d6MD+KnockBack Amo1 (1reload take 4 actions)
•MiserShard 2d6MDC/SDC , Wielder heals damage dealt PFWE-p.156 , Damage Doesn't Heal Normally PFWE-p.156
•MDC Executive Business Suit Coat MDC 8 Mods: Naruni Forcefield 160MDC 12hrs regen4/min , TW Energy Conversion Field 10PPE 14min
•MDC Executive Slacks MDC 3 Dimensional Pockets : FR 41 norm VS Rounds , FL VS itself & 10 TW enhanced VS Rounds additional 9ft radius +7d4 fireball
•WingBoard Crescent 5PPE 60MPH (120leyline) VTOL 160MDC Bonuses: +2Int, +3d , +1s, +20% Piloting Skill Checks
Erg
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Whisper » Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:08 pm

Perception: 1d20+2 = 15
Just in Case d20: 1d20 = 20;JIC d100: 1d100 = 64

On the group frequency, Lily makes a meek inquiry, "Does...uh, can anyone...fix my Mecha-Knight?"

While she waits for a reply, she goes to look for something to drink, the stronger the better.

I never thought that the most notorious of the Spooks would up and leave. I guess they have nothing to prove, though.

If the group is unable or unwilling to help with repairs, Lily will have a shower, get changed out of her armor and go visit the Naruni store. 'Cause I don't wanna void the warranty?
Whisper

Forcefield 160/160
Whisper

Postby Erg » Sat Feb 27, 2016 6:38 am

Rolls Carried:

No sooner than Erg finished , before Carl can respond .. Erg's PRC-5 Walkie Talkie chirps up on the group encrypted frequency:
Whisper wrote:On the group frequency, Lily makes a meek inquiry, "Does...uh, can anyone...fix my Mecha-Knight?"

Erg answers the call replying on his PRC-5 on the group encrypted frequency.
"This is Erg. Yes , I can. Right now, I'm here at Haunt discussing this very topic of team repairs and upgrades , with Carl."
Erg Flux
Status
HP(34) .. SDC(20) .. ISP(58) .. PPE(144/144) .. Sustain Sleep2Hr/day no eat,drink,breath (7d)
•On Person Gear, Utility Belt, Miniature PPE(180) Battery Regen10/hr , Updraft TW Shoes 8PPE 30m 50Spd
•MiserShard 2d6MDC/SDC , Wielder heals damage dealt PFWE-p.156 , Damage Doesn't Heal Normally PFWE-p.156
•MDC Executive Business Suit Coat MDC 8 Mods: Naruni Forcefield 160MDC 12hrs regen4/min , TW Energy Conversion Field 10PPE 14min
•MDC Executive Slacks MDC 3 Dimensional Pockets : FR 41 norm VS Rounds , FL VS itself & 10 TW enhanced VS Rounds additional 9ft radius +7d4 fireball
•WingBoard Crescent 5PPE 60MPH (120leyline) VTOL 160MDC Bonuses: +2Int, +3d , +1s, +20% Piloting Skill Checks
Erg
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Lahz » Sat Feb 27, 2016 9:39 am

Perception [+2]: 1d20 = 8+2=10 [+3 involving Electronics or Machines]
JiC D20: 1d20 = 3
JiC D100: 1d100 = 95

Conditions: Telemechanics (0 ISP, Constant, 5ft, 90%), Mind-block Auto-Defense (0 ISP, Automatic), Radiate Nature [Satisfied/Relieved/Curious]

Walking back to the Haunt with Ray and a load of purchases, he receives the following:
Whisper wrote:On the group frequency, Lily makes a meek inquiry, "Does...uh, can anyone...fix my Mecha-Knight?"

Erg wrote:"This is Erg. Yes , I can. Right now, I'm here at Haunt discussing this very topic of team repairs and upgrades , with Carl."

As he hits the gate, "Ace here. I can also help, or you can have one of the shops down in the Arms Bazaar handle it if you want a larger repair bill, but bigger isn't always better hehehe ..." The Psi-Tech will have Ray put away the armor plating, Head-Camera Installations, and Universal Energy Link assemblies off in the garage, and head up to the common room with his new computers.

When he finds Carl and Erg there, the Psi-Tech waves, "Hello there Taking a seat at a nearby table, Lahz opens up [PC1] to begin copying the DISCUS (Design and Diagnostics and Analysis Software) and installing reference library data for: Cryptography, Electricity Generation, Electronic Countermeasures, Surveillance.

Computer Operation [93%]: 1d100 = 541d100 = 64
Computer Programming [73%]: 1d100 = 6, 1d100 = 42

**Need to make sure I have a backup in place. After this I want to see what combat-programming we can get off of that Skelebot. Who knows, maybe I can also rig it as a Clip-Charger to keep here @ the base ... save a few credits. Upgrade Ray, and then I wanted to look into uploading additional skill programming. Probably want to look into some borg armor to refit so he is more durable for field-work ...**

When Ray arrives, Lahz gives direction "Go upstairs and put away the new clothes, then come back."

OOC: I have 3 high-end computers that were just purchased, and am going to try and install a boatload of software. For now I am calling them [PC1], [PC2], and [PC3].
OOC: Lahz has only purchased the basic DISCUS program, it only provides a +2% Skill bonus to "construction and repair rolls" but its a RP device and I'm going to make copies of it onto the other computers to prevent it from getting lost :).
Lahz D'Gemmel

Worn:
NG RA5 Arrow Ride Armor

Other: Drone Command Gauntlet (NG2 pg 245) [Left Forearm, 10 MD, 5 Mile Wireless Range], Vibro-Knife [1d6 MD], Laser Eavesdropping Device, Multitool, Talismans from Vheld (several)

Accompanied by Ray the Droid (( NG-B50 ‘Thunderer’ BigBore Combat Hammer, Wilks Laser Sword & NG-SE9 Sharpshooter ))
Lahz
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Erg » Sun Feb 28, 2016 4:17 am

Rolls Carried:

While sitting there and discussing with the others .. and waiting for Carl and others to consider options... Erg gets his new Multi-Tool out of the Naruni Case .. and takes a closer look at it , and checking it out.

-10ISP Telemechanics to get a detailed pyschic view of it.

Others in the room will see the small hand held device shape shifting into various different tools and sensors .. A ratchet . different size and shape sockets .. A screw driver .. Different tips .. Different sensors .. A Volt Meter .. Dosimeter (radiation detector) .. A microscope .. etc .. etc.

(OOC: As requested Lahz ... Plus it's something Erg would eventually be doing IC anyway.)

Erg will also begin to copy his data from his old Portable computer to the new Holographic wrist watch computer... configure the settings to his own personal preferences .. etc.
Erg Flux
Status
Erg
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Lahz » Sun Feb 28, 2016 9:29 am

Perception [+2]: 1d20 = 8.+2=10 [+3 involving Electronics or Machines]
JiC D20: 1d20 = 3.
JiC D100: 1d100 = 95.

Conditions: Telemechanics (0 ISP, Constant, 5ft, 90%), Mind-block Auto-Defense (0 ISP, Automatic), Radiate Nature [Curious/Amazed]

When Erg pulls out his new toy across the table, Lahz's jaw falls open an plain astonishment [Telemechanics [90%]: 1d100 = 28], "Whoa ... whoa!!! ... What on Earth is that? ... It's definitely tech. Erg, that is amazing!! Are those all functional tools? ... Where did you get it?"

**How much would that run? Damn that would be spectacularly useful!! ... I mean if it doesn't have a battery that will burn out ... But that seems to be configured with hundreds of settings. That's hundreds of tools!! I want 1, I want 5 ... ** The Psi-Tech stands and walks away from his computers to walk over and more closely examine Erg's new device, "That is spectacular."
Lahz D'Gemmel

Worn:
NG RA5 Arrow Ride Armor

Lahz
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Erg » Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:29 am

Rolls carried.

Lahz wrote:Radiate Nature [Curious/Amazed]

When Erg pulls out his new toy across the table, Lahz's jaw falls open an plain astonishment [Telemechanics [90%]: Original post: 1d100 = 28], "Whoa ... whoa!!! ... What on Earth is that? ... It's definitely tech. Erg, that is amazing!! Are those all functional tools? ... Where did you get it?"

**How much would that run? Damn that would be spectacularly useful!! ... I mean if it doesn't have a battery that will burn out ... But that seems to be configured with hundreds of settings. That's hundreds of tools!! I want 1, I want 5 ... ** The Psi-Tech stands and walks away from his computers to walk over and more closely examine Erg's new device, "That is spectacular."

Erg can feel the psychic waves of genuine amazement and curiosity.
8)

As he continues to shift it into different tools .. Erg replies: "I know , isn't it ? .. At first when I was thinking about something like this , I thought I might have to use a combination of advanced nano-science and shape shifting magic .. Than I found this at the Naruni store .. They import it here from some other dimension .. They call it a Multi-Tool .. The base model comes programmed for 500 different tools .. I custom ordered this upgraded one to have 1,000 programmed tools and sensors for field engineering and scientific use .. I just picked it up .. This one little pocket sized tool will do the job of entire tool boxes for me .. It will let me travel like maybe 200 pounds lighter in the field .. but still have all those tools and sensors at my finger tips .. I love it! .. I also picked up this much smaller holographic watch computer to replace my previous larger pocket portable computer."

:mrgreen:

Erg is very much enjoying his new purchases himself as well .. and glad someone else recognizes how useful it can be.
Erg Flux
Status
Erg
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Carl » Mon Feb 29, 2016 2:17 am

((Rolls carried over))
Erg wrote:Erg will look for Carl .. Assuming he finds him without issue:
"Excuse me sir. Before the mission we briefly discussed your interest to commission me for some upgraded equipment or armor. As I recall , you said you might be interested in stealth and/or defense improvements. Before I present potential proposals; are there any other specifics you would like to include or specifically exclude? Also , would this be just for you alone ? Or are you also interested in repairs , upgrades , custom gear , etc not just for you alone , but for the team in general ? I am confident between me and Lahz there is very little we won't be able to do if given enough time and required materials."

Carl answers Erg questions, "Yes, thanks for reminding me. I am interested in stealth and defense improvements. Just for myself, if the others are interested in the same thing, I will let them voice their needs. I am not sure what improvements you can add, so I have no suggestions on what should be done. Right now I am interested in upgrades, but if you have the means to customize gear, I might be interesting into something along those lines in the future." Let me know the things that you can do in those three categories and your guesstimated cost and time."
Carl
Constant Effects
Carl
Group Leader

Postby Lahz » Mon Feb 29, 2016 1:36 pm

Lahz wrote:Perception [+2]: 1d20 = 8.+2=10 [+3 involving Electronics or Machines]

Conditions: Telemechanics (0 ISP, Constant, 5ft, 90%), Mind-block Auto-Defense (0 ISP, Automatic), Radiate Nature [Curious/Amazed]

Lahz's enthusiasm remains open and obvious as he responds to the Magic-Tech, "Well I'll be damned!! A Multi-Tool you said? And you picked it up over at Naruni ... amazing!! How much did it set you back? What does it weigh? How muchdoes the weight change between forms? What's the size limit? Like, can it do a Sledgehammer, a Wrecking Bar, and say ... a Staplegun? I wonder if it could be a chair? Do you think we could code it ourselves?"

The Psi-Tech is nearly back to his prior seat to pack up and leave at this point, but he hesitates, "Oh that's right that quiet girl had wanted someone to look at her Naruni PA for repairs ... he taps his Droid-Command gauntlet, "Ray?! Find that blonde girl ... uhmm Tarot. Tell her Ace is heading to Naruni to pick up a couple things. If she wants to use Manufacturer parts for repairs she can come along and buy the parts or we can try to get an estimate on plating. And get a backpack or an empty duffel bag to haul stuff this time ..."

When he hears Carl's request Lahz chimes in unsolicited, "Do we have a team fund on repairs or are we a 'handle-your-own' sort of outfit? I can try and amp up speed and armor a bit on all sortsa things before Erg gets magic-y on stuff, but I want to confirm that I can claim one of those Terror Troopers as a personal ride before I start customizing the hell out of it ... and I typically like to get my tech mods in before a Magic guy starts his tinkering ... just like I'm sure he doesn't want some techie messing with specially placed crystals or soemthing hehehe."
Lahz D'Gemmel

Worn:
NG RA5 Arrow Ride Armor

Lahz
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Whisper » Mon Feb 29, 2016 2:11 pm

Perception: 1d20+2 = 20
Just in Case d20: 1d20 = 8;JIC d100: 1d100 = 37

Lily is surprised when she actually gets an answer from two of the Spooks.

Erg wrote:"This is Erg. Yes , I can. Right now, I'm here at Haunt discussing this very topic of team repairs and upgrades , with Carl."

Lahz wrote:"Ace here. I can also help, or you can have one of the shops down in the Arms Bazaar handle it if you want a larger repair bill, but bigger isn't always better hehehe ..."

"Um, well, um, okay." Lily looks around the haunt to find Erg, Lahz and Carl. Was 'Ace' mocking me?

When she does locate the trio, she stops and waits quietly until they acknowledge her. They seem really interested in that dohickey.
If they do, she mumbles, "I'll cover the cost of the repairs. Do you think it's possible to add a force field?"
Whisper

Forcefield 160/160
Whisper

Postby Erg » Mon Feb 29, 2016 6:25 pm

Rolls Carried

Carl wrote:Carl answers Erg questions, "Yes, thanks for reminding me. I am interested in stealth and defense improvements. Just for myself, if the others are interested in the same thing, I will let them voice their needs. I am not sure what improvements you can add, so I have no suggestions on what should be done. Right now I am interested in upgrades, but if you have the means to customize gear, I might be interesting into something along those lines in the future." Let me know the things that you can do in those three categories and your guesstimated cost and time."

Erg patiently waits for Carl to finish: "I am not limited to some short menu of options. You are pretty much only limited by your imagination, and the amount it costs in time and resources for me to make it real. I could give you hundreds of examples , and still not cover every option .. Soo if you have no suggestions .. Give me some time to flush out the details of one of my own .. I'll bring you the proposal later."

Hmm ... stealth and defense ... Hmm

Lahz wrote:Lahz's enthusiasm remains open and obvious as he responds to the Magic-Tech, "Well I'll be damned!! A Multi-Tool you said? And you picked it up over at Naruni ... amazing!! How much did it set you back? What does it weigh? How muchdoes the weight change between forms? What's the size limit? Like, can it do a Sledgehammer, a Wrecking Bar, and say ... a Staplegun? I wonder if it could be a chair? Do you think we could code it ourselves?"

Erg replies: "Yup .. It's pure conventional tech .. therefore conservation of mass applies .. As they say" Erg uses his fingers to give air quotes "Techno-Wizard version" .. I was considering would not have to share that same limitation. But that would be a much more involved project than just buying this one was. The enhanced and upgraded version I got from Naruni was $175,000. The basic version would no doubt be much less. I have no doubt we could try and reprogram it ourselves .. But , I would suggest doing that with a 'spare' and I'd anticipate it being at least moderately complex and time consuming project."

Lahz wrote:"I typically like to get my tech mods in before a Magic guy starts his tinkering ... just like I'm sure he doesn't want some techie messing with specially placed crystals or soemthing hehehe."

Erg smiles and comments: "There's an expression .. 'Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.' .. To be honest .. I'd not mind at all helpful collaborative messing with the crystals any more than the transistors , or a programming macro , or an incantation ... Sometimes a 2nd set of eyes on a project can be very useful."

Hmm .. two working together as one .. 'entangled' , but sharing the same space-time .. hmmm .. that might be an great proposal for Carl .. I'll have to do some research first. ... A wide smile crosses Erg's face as his idea begins to take shape. :)

Whisper wrote:"Do you think it's possible to add a force field?"

Erg turns and smiles .. "Of course it is .. If you're already going to the Naruni store .. Maybe start there , see if they have a pre-designed modular conventional tech option to install on their own gear ... that might be an easy option to check out first .. If you want other additional force field layers , we can also later consider psychic telekinetic force fields , 'magic' force fields, etc .. If you'll excuse me .. I have some more errands to run."

Grinning ear to ear , Erg quickly grabs his things .. and heads up to his room to drop off a few things .. before heading back out ... (Next post to follow shortly)
8)
Erg Flux
Status
Erg
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Lahz » Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:10 pm

Lahz wrote:Perception [+2]: 1d20 = 8.+2=10 [+3 involving Electronics or Machines]

Lahz will smile cheerfully at Erg "I have heard that expression before. I'm glad to help out. Look me up later." He will then get his answer from Carl re the PAs [ :batman: ]. The Psi-Tech glances over when Ray-the-Droid locates and returns with Whisper, responding to her question after he ponders a bit, "Y'know I've never worked with a forcefield, but I saw how Queen had hers integrated. The tech is very advanced. Much better than the one that the Triax folks were field testing a few years back. Ten years ago, force fields were a thing of Magic ... and some psychics. Today, in the showroom in Merctown. I'll sneak a peak at the design integration in the showroom models. If you wanna pick up the field, I'll get it installed ... I'm going to head down to the Naruni showroom. You can come along and price out what you want to see about having added, or I can hit you over the airwaves with a price. Entirely your call ... "

Whether Whisper comes along or not, Lahz collects Ray [Now sporting a heavy Duffel Bag] and heads out to [[ the Naruni Store ]] unless Carl has further questions.
Last edited by Lahz on Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lahz D'Gemmel

Worn:
NG RA5 Arrow Ride Armor

Lahz
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Erg » Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:22 pm

Rolls carried

Erg nods and smiles at Lahz before heading up to his room to drop off a few things before he heads out again.

Mystic Guild
Erg Flux
Status
Erg
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Whisper » Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:40 am

Perception: 1d20+2 = 3
Just in Case d20: 1d20 = 15;JIC d100: 1d100 = 99

Erg wrote:"Of course it is .. If you're already going to the Naruni store .. Maybe start there , see if they have a pre-designed modular conventional tech option to install on their own gear
Oh, yeah, that's true.
Erg wrote:" ... that might be an easy option to check out first .. If you want other additional force field layers , we can also later consider psychic telekinetic force fields
God, no.
Erg wrote:", 'magic' force fields, etc
FUCK NO!
Erg wrote:".. If you'll excuse me .. I have some more errands to run."

"Sure. See ya."

Lahz wrote:"Y'know I've never worked with a forcefield, but I saw how Queen had hers integrated. The tech is very advanced. Much better than the one that the Triax folks were field testing a few years back. Ten years ago, force fields were a thing of Magic ... and some psychics. Today, in the showroom in Merctown. I'll sneak a peak at the design integration in the showroom models. If you wanna pick up the field, I'll get it installed ... I'm going to head down to the Naruni showroom. You can come along and price out what you want to see about having added, or I can hit you over the airwaves with a price. Entirely your call ... "
[/quote]
I guess I should do what he suggests.
"Okay, I'll come.", Lily says simply, and follows Lahz to the Naruni Store.
Whisper

Forcefield 160/160
Whisper

Postby Carl » Sun Mar 06, 2016 11:48 am

((Rolls carried over))
Erg wrote:Erg patiently waits for Carl to finish: "I am not limited to some short menu of options. You are pretty much only limited by your imagination, and the amount it costs in time and resources for me to make it real. I could give you hundreds of examples , and still not cover every option .. Soo if you have no suggestions .. Give me some time to flush out the details of one of my own .. I'll bring you the proposal later."
Hmm ... stealth and defense ... Hmm

"Glad to hear that you have such a wide range of options. Sure, get back to me when you have some suggestions."
Lahz wrote:When he hears Carl's request Lahz chimes in unsolicited, "Do we have a team fund on repairs or are we a 'handle-your-own' sort of outfit? I can try and amp up speed and armor a bit on all sortsa things before Erg gets magic-y on stuff, but I want to confirm that I can claim one of those Terror Troopers as a personal ride before I start customizing the hell out of it ... and I typically like to get my tech mods in before a Magic guy starts his tinkering ... just like I'm sure he doesn't want some techie messing with specially placed crystals or something hehehe."

Carl gives a small smile when Lahz chimes in. "Sounds good, between the two of you, we should be able to get some useful enhancement to our equipment. When Thorn was in charge, he made sure all the repairs to damages that happened during missions came out of group fund; I see no reason to stop that practice. The money for the group fund is only for repairs, not enhancements unless it to the group vehicle, which must be agreed to and approved first. All enhancements, add on, and improvements to person equipment must come out of the individuals own pockets. I will set up a specific fund for repairs since we have a couple of willing members, just know that the fund will be supplied from a percentage of the credits we get from missions. The trooper is yours as long as you do not fix it up and then sale it."

OOC: For now we will use the "Black Market Cards: 1,000,000 credits (12/21/13 - Malach Ra)" as the group fund until we setup a specific credit line.
Carl
Constant Effects
Carl
Group Leader

Postby Lahz » Sat Mar 19, 2016 11:21 am

Perception [+2]: 1d20+2 = 12 [+3 involving Electronics or Machines]
JiC D20: 1d20 = 10
JiC D100: 1d100 = 52

Conditions: Telemechanics (0 ISP, Constant, 5ft, 90%), Mind-block Auto-Defense (0 ISP, Automatic), Radiate Nature [Curious]

Personal ISP: 181/181

Lahz, Ray, and possibly Whisper arrive back at the Haunt to drop off the heavy armor plating. The Tech puts his new Multi-tool in a belt pouch then heads up to meditate ...

**Let's see here, I've hit Wilks, NG, Computer World, and Naruni ... **

Once fully rested the Elf will head back down to search out Carl (knocking on his door as needed), "Hiya. I picked up repair materials for the damaged Naruni PA of Whisper's, and for the Terror Trooper that was damaged ... I we have a repair fund, I'd like to tap into it for about $300k reimbursement ... "
Lahz D'Gemmel

Worn:
NG RA5 Arrow Ride Armor

Lahz
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Carl » Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:47 am

Perception:1d20+7 = 18
JIC D20: 1d20 = 10; D100: 1d100 = 58
Condition: Activated: Motion Detector (40ft);Amplified Hearing (range 360ft) +3 init; Sound Suppression System; Enchanted Earring: Protection against all types of Fire (including magical); Not activated: Telescopic (4-8x30 magnification, range 6000ft); Thermal Imaging (range 3000ft);Sunglasses - Impervious to Energy talisman, 2 uses remaining, (lvl 5); Armband: Time Slip talisman, 3 uses remaining, (lvl 5); Enchanted Earring - Casts Invisibility: Simple (4x/day (4 remaining), 15 min duration)
Lahz wrote:Once fully rested the Elf will head back down to search out Carl (knocking on his door as needed), "Hiya. I picked up repair materials for the damaged Naruni PA of Whisper's, and for the Terror Trooper that was damaged ... I we have a repair fund, I'd like to tap into it for about $300k reimbursement ... "

Carl stops arranging the furniture of his new room and looks at his monitor to see who is at the door before opening it. He listens to Lahz and being all business he says, "OK, let me see the itemized list." Carl briefly looks at the list of items before taking 300k from the "Black Market Cards: 1,000,000 credits (12/21/13 - Malach Ra)" fund and transferring it on a chip for Lahz. Before Lahz leaves, Carl says, "You handled yourself well on our last mission and with Thorn's and Mierin's sudden departures, we are in need of a little more leadership. We normally wait until someone has proven their worth on a few missions before permanent accepting them to the team, but the team is shorthanded and we need to start rebuilding now. So, on a temporary basic, which could become permanent depending on how you do, Vheld and I have decided to make you a team lead, just below Vheld and myself. I will admit that the fact that you were recommend by the Thorn also had something to do with. Carl looks at Lahz to see how he reacts. "It is up to you, I do not want someone on my team to take a leadership role if they do not want it or think they are not up to it. Take a few hours to think about it and let me know what your decision is." Once Lahz leaves, Carl goes back to setting up the equipment and furniture in his room.

((OOC: I removed the 300k from the "Black Market Cards: 1,000,000 credits (12/21/13 - Malach Ra)", but did not add it to Lahz' sheet))
Carl
Constant Effects
Carl
Group Leader

Postby Lahz » Mon Mar 21, 2016 12:30 pm

Rolls Carried Forward

Conditions: Telemechanics (0 ISP, Constant, 5ft, 90%), Mind-block Auto-Defense (0 ISP, Automatic), Radiate Nature [Curious, Happy] 

Lahz offers a warm smile to Carl in response, he cites out the Armor Plating and DISCUS Programs (actually ~380k but he is glad to supplement so he can claim actual ownership as well) but doesn't need any additional time to consider, "I would be very glad to take on a permanent position with the Spooks, and am glad to accept a team lead role ... Now if Thorn's headed back to the Pecos Empire. Are you moving up to the Penthouse? ... Are these quarters up for grabs?"

The Psi-Tech will take the reimbursement funds, and tap a command for Ray to come find him as he heads down to the Garage, intent to head back to the Arms Bazaar ... eventual destination [[ BIONIC WEAPONS MASTERS. ]]

**After I get the parts for the TT, maybe I should swing through the Spokes for a phone. Maybe try that confident girl from NG ... had a flair.**
Lahz D'Gemmel

Worn:
NG RA5 Arrow Ride Armor

Lahz
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Lahz » Fri Mar 25, 2016 6:17 pm

Perception [+2]: 1d20+2 = 8 [+3 involving Electronics or Machines]
JiC D20: 1d20 = 2
JiC D100: 1d100 = 79

Mechanical Engineering [68+2=70%]: 1d100 = 76 1d100 = 36
Robot Mechanics [63+2=65%]: 1d100 = 96 1d100 = 58

Conditions: Telemechanics (0 ISP, Constant, 5ft, 90%), Mind-block Auto-Defense (0 ISP, Automatic), Radiate Nature [Curious]

Lahz and Ray return from ~hopefully~ their final shopping trip collecting parts for repair of the Terror Trooper and head down into the Vault. There he fires up his new Computer and the DISCUS [Design and Diagnostics Simulation Computer System] Program to begin working on modelling on some new ideas, **Let's see here, what about something like an alternative head design? Like a Steel Dragon or a Bear. Something fierce ... and I want to lose those spikes. Never liked those things ... then again maybe something nondescript. We're 'Spooks' right? ... what does that invoke?**

OOC: Some bad rolls there so we won't end up with a Dragon :wink:

After a while the Psi-Tech shifts gears and opts to work on his plans to upgrade Ray. Joyfully buried in his work and without Ray to handle assistance in upgrades on ... Ray, the days run a bit long but he finds the process of creation and re-creation cathartic. After a couple days Ray 2.0 sits up off the Workbench, and the two head upstairs. Arriving back in his mini-suite D'Gemmel finds his phone is ~somehow~ registering a message.

"Hey Ray, that girl from the Northern Gun store wants to meet up for dinner."
Lahz D'Gemmel

Worn:
NG RA5 Arrow Ride Armor

Lahz
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Erg » Sun Mar 27, 2016 6:38 am

Perception: 1d20+2 = 8 (+3 Involving Magic , Machines , or their Combination)
JIC: 1d20 = 14 , 1d100 = 12

Just a follow up here about the part time ~14-ish hours spread over ~7 days that Erg planned on helping/assisting Lahz some .. previously posted about in Mystic Guild Thread .. original intent was for that time to be used on removing identification and such from stolen CS gear .. but Erg will be fine assisting Lahz on other projects .. but only in a part time fashion .. Erg already has other time commitments for those ~7 days.

Coming back from his Mystic Guild Studies one late afternoon / early evening .. Erg approaches Lahz .. "Hi. I have some other time commitments in town ; however , I will honor my previous offer to assist you in your work on the stolen CS gear .. Removing identification and such .. I can probably only give you an hour or two per day for the next week or so."

Whatever parts of the projects Lahz gives Erg to assist with .. Erg will do his normal of spending 2x and much time carefully double checking his work and focusing on quality .. so the ~14 hours will only get about ~7 hour work done.

I'll post in the tinker thread rolls for that time shortly.
Erg Flux
Status
Erg
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Lahz » Sun Mar 27, 2016 9:09 am

Perception [+2]: 1d20+2 = 16 [+3 involving Electronics or Machines]
JiC D20: 1d20 = 10
JiC D100: 1d100 = 60

Conditions: Telemechanics (0 ISP, Constant, 5ft, 90%), Mind-block Auto-Defense (0 ISP, Automatic), Radiate Nature [Satisfied, Curious, Flattered, Loss]

Erg's arrival finds Lahz looking down at a phone but he looks up emanating a wave of a few different emotions, "Well that's great Erg. I appreciate that. I finished upgrading Ray today. He's got combat programming and is very capable in melee combat, as well as with a pistol or rifle. He's no Borg but should be a very competent bodyguard in most situations, with the added benefit that he can assist with field repairs ... I spoke with Carl and am keeping 1 of the Terror Troopers for a personal ride. We will strip identifiers or alter the numbers on the Super SAMAS, and I guess that 2nd Terror Trooper and ... " the Psi-Tech trails off and he looks down at the phone in his hand again, "Sorry. I uhmm. I actually met a girl at the Northern Gun store the other day and she want's to go out ... kind of took me offguard."

**I haven't been on a date in almost 20 years and I was never great at that to begin with ... but Aurelia's gone. Maybe it's time. She was alluring, certainly exotic ... ** The Elf sighs and offers the TW a grin, "Anyways. I'm going out for a few hours myself. You can raise me & Ray via radio if you need us." He will grab a nice long shower, then pull on some nice clean Huntsman's Choice Fatigues, and a Long Coat (Black).

Before he actually leaves, Lahz will provide a radio frequency for in-town contact to Carl, Erg, and maybe leave it posted in the Lounge.

[[ Arms Bazaar -- Wilks Store ]]
Lahz D'Gemmel

Worn:
NG RA5 Arrow Ride Armor

Lahz
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Carl » Mon Mar 28, 2016 1:57 pm

((Rolls Carried Over))
Lahz wrote:Lahz offers a warm smile to Carl in response, he cites out the Armor Plating and DISCUS Programs (actually ~380k but he is glad to supplement so he can claim actual ownership as well) but doesn't need any additional time to consider, "I would be very glad to take on a permanent position with the Spooks, and am glad to accept a team lead role ... Now if Thorn's headed back to the Pecos Empire. Are you moving up to the Penthouse? ... Are these quarters up for grabs?"[/i]

Carl reply to Lahz acceptance of the offer, "Excellent, I will announce it to the others once everyone finishes their personal businesses and before we take on another mission." Carl openly laughs when he mentions the room, "Oh yes!! I plan to move into the Penthouse. I have already started collecting my surveillance equipment from my old room."

While the others do their things, Carl begins going through the team's records and begins listing the team's previous clients (those that are listed) and missions so that he is not blindsided if an old customer calls on the team.
Carl
Constant Effects
Carl
Group Leader

Postby Lahz » Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:55 pm

Perception [+2]: 1d20+2 = 8 [+3 involving Electronics or Machines]
JiC D20: 1d20 = 6
JiC D100: 1d100 = 77

Lahz arrives at the Haunt and heads to his room to drop off his personal weapons and change into a simple but well fit outfit to go meet Jez. The Psi-tech pulls on his new Armored Sharp-Duster/Long-Coat [Gray] and snaps at Ray, "Ok c'mon. Keep all weapons holstered absent a direct order to the contrary. Melee intervention is authorized if you see an imminent threat."

[[ Grapevine ]]
Lahz D'Gemmel

Worn:
NG RA5 Arrow Ride Armor

Lahz
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Carl » Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:11 pm

Perception:1d20+7 = 16
JIC D20: 1d20 = 14; D100: 1d100 = 91

Carl finally completes moving all his gear from his own room into the Penthouse. He test his surveillance equipment before going to the common room to listen to some music as he watches the others come and go.
Carl
Constant Effects
Carl
Group Leader

Postby Erg » Tue Apr 05, 2016 2:09 pm

Rolls Carried.

With Vheld occupied , Erg can't collaborate with him yet on the proposal for Carl .. IT will just have to wait a bit .. in the mean time Erg rarely does much more than continue to diligently work on various other projects.

The first ~8 days back from last mission was full days of study , some quick shopping, and helping Lahz .. The next ~4 days spent diligently working even longer hours per day (thanks to the new Sustain Spell) .. working on his new custom shoes (now pending final approval).

OOC:
If I understood correctly .. I think that ~12 day point is roughly where Vheld finishes his own studies and the team might be meeting up again to consider the next potential mission .. Soo I don't want to post IC actions further out into that future time frame until everyone catches up a bit.
Erg Flux
Status
Erg
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Whisper » Fri Apr 08, 2016 4:58 am

Perception: 1d20+2 = 10
Just in Case d20: 1d20 = 3;JIC d100: 1d100 = 78

Arriving back at the Haunt in a drunken stupor, Lily edges along the walls to keep propped up. She finds...something...to throw up in (bucket, toilet, someone's helmet), and then the nearest soft spot to pass out.
Whisper

Forcefield 160/160
Whisper

Postby Carl » Mon Apr 11, 2016 3:15 pm

((Rolls Carried Over))
Whisper wrote:Arriving back at the Haunt in a drunken stupor, Lily edges along the walls to keep propped up. She finds...something...to throw up in (bucket, toilet, someone's helmet), and then the nearest soft spot to pass out.

Watching Whisper stubble into the Haunt and passing out, Carl picks her up and unceremoniously drops her on the floor of her room before closing the door and leaving her to sleep it off. With no emotion, he cleans up any mess that she might have made and then heads to the training center for a workout with his swords and spear. *If she is going to keep that up, we might need to hire a maid service and take some of her earnings to help pay for it. Something to think about.*
Carl
Constant Effects
Carl
Group Leader

Postby Whisper » Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:29 pm

Perception: 1d20+2 = 7
Just in Case d20: 1d20 = 2;JIC d100: 1d100 = 10

"Nooo...no, lemmie alone...", Lily mumbles in her sleep as Carl picks her up.

When he drops her onto the floor, however, Lily lets out a yelp and only half-coherent swearing before passing out again.

Later, she wakes up, swears some more about her bruised behind and crawls to the shower to clean up.
Whisper

Forcefield 160/160
Whisper

Postby Vheld » Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:22 am

JIC: 1d20 = 12, 1d100 = 98
PER: 1d20+5 = 6

Vheld strides back into the Haunt- you would think the shifter is exhausted, or at least stiff, after 12 days of intense study at the Mages' Guild, but he seems to have acquired a new spring in his step.

Should Lahz mention that his powered armor is ready to be transported outside the city, Vheld will assist him by opening a small rift to well outside the city outskirts and sending Lahz through alone. If the psi-tech requests an escort, Vheld details Sshir to go with him, instructing the deevil to "Accompany Lahz on his trip back into the city. You are to follow his orders as if they were my own until you are both safely within the city limits, then return here without delay." to Lahz, Vheld adds "I have business that I must discuss with Carl. Have you seen him?" Assuming Lahz (or one of the others) directs Vheld appropriately, he will seek out the team's new commander and request a private meeting.

"I have two prospective jobs for your consideration. The can be conducted simultaneously, and should prove to be extremely profitable both for myself personally and the team in general. We shall need to take care in how we approach them both, and how much detail we share with the others, but I believe it is in the team's best long-term interest to pursue them."

"As to the first: I was approached by Hades, the Greek God of death, during my preparations for our last mission, in reference to my ongoing quest to reclaim the soul of my familiar, Sil. He was vague on the details of the mission, but offered the restoration of Sil for myself and an appropriate, but also vague, material reward for the rest of the team. He gave me this" Vheld holds forth the pomegranate seed, "with instructions to summon him once our team's leadership was prepared to discuss the particulars with him. I agreed to nothing more than that, but you should know that I am honor-bound to do all in my power to restore Sil, and that I intend to go through with this mission regardless of the team's involvement. I say this not to force your hand, but merely to elucidate my own position on the matter. My loyalty to Sil supersedes, and precedes, my loyalty to this team."

"Sir Thorn had agreed to hear Hades out, but no more. At this juncture, I merely seek the same from you. However, there is one other point I feel it prudent to make. During our second-to-last mission, we successfully destroyed an avatar of the Goddess Kali. Doing so did not kill her- it may prevent her from manifesting on this world for some time, but the only guarantee such an action provided is that we have earned her enmity. Even if she is unable to manifest directly on Earth, other places in the Megaverse as well as her otherworldly allies will be sources of considerable danger to us should she decide to hold a grudge. Earning Hades' favor would go a long way towards shielding us from future divine retribution, and for that reason alone I strongly recommend you consider accepting this charge from him."

"The second job has only recently been offered to me- I have a little more specific information to offer, and as with the first I agreed to nothing beyond a meeting between yourself and our prospective employer. The person in question is another True Atlantean, like myself and our last employer. Her name is Lateen Ley'verin, and she is a mage at the college, even more powerful than I. I have spent most of my time since our return to town learning two powerful new spells under her tutelage- an offer I believe she made in the hopes of making me more amenable to her subsequent proposal."

"She alluded to Hades' mission taking place in his prison dimension of Tartarus, and explained that a rune weapon and relic of her clan is being held there. She suggested that we negotiate with Hades to obtain a reliquary containing this weapon, among other items, as our reward from Hades, and offered us 10 million credits for successfully returning the item within 6 months. She wishes a meeting with you, and any others you wish to assist in making this decision."

Vheld takes a deep breath and continues. "The immediate value of a powerful patron at the mages' guild to myself, and Erg for that matter, is obvious. But I believe that even the rest of the team could benefit immensely from good relations with the upper echelons of the guild. Master Bekest provided this team with several lucrative missions in his time, and being able to leverage a powerful citizen of MercTown may provide benefits to us beyond the simple material exchanges outlined thus far."

"This, in both instances, I feel that my self-interest aligns well with that of the team, but ultimately the decision is yours. I have made my recommendation, and am happy to accompany you to meet with either or both employers as you see fit."
Stay back!
Automatically sense Vampires (1000 ft/100% chance to recognize on sight), Rifts (550 miles), and Ley Lines (85%, 100 miles; +10% for nexuses); Sustained (9d remaining)
PPE: 306/327 (Vheld), 83/83 (Sil), 126/126 (Sshir), 200/200 (Slithn), 118/118 (Bel'Dar), 126/126 (Brokswa). ISP: 90/90 (Medallion)
  • 1 1000/1000 S'shir
  • 1 1000/1000 Brokswa
Vheld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Lahz » Sat Apr 16, 2016 2:17 pm

OOC: Inserting this response for day 12 although Lahz is presently on a Day 3 ish date in the Spokes.

Perception [+2]: 1d20+2 = 19[+3 involving Electronics or Machines] 
JiC D20: 1d20 = 5
JiC D100: 1d100 = 81

Lahz nods in response to the Shifter, "Perfect. Much appreciated Vheld. I'll drop my new ride at the Gate. You can let Carl know that the Super SAMAS has no identifying markings and could be sold, but I think it would be prudent to sell it off in another location ... like a Arzno or Ciudad Juarez ..."

The Psi-Tech doesn't request any kind of escort, since he expects to bring along his own in the form of Ray.
Lahz D'Gemmel

Worn:
NG RA5 Arrow Ride Armor

Lahz
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Erg » Sat Apr 16, 2016 4:59 pm

Rolls Carried

Vheld wrote:Vheld strides back into the Haunt- you would think the shifter is exhausted, or at least stiff, after 12 days of intense study at the Mages' Guild, but he seems to have acquired a new spring in his step.

If / When Erg sees Vheld:
"Vheld , there you are. Haven't seen you in like a week. I'd like to discuss working with you on a project proposal for Carl."

OOC: There ... finally squeezed that in , IC.
Erg Flux
Status
Erg
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Carl » Mon Apr 18, 2016 2:02 pm

Perception:1d20+7 = 8
JIC D20: 1d20 = 8; D100: 1d100 = 31
Vheld wrote:"I have two prospective jobs for your consideration. The can be conducted simultaneously, and should prove to be extremely profitable both for myself personally and the team in general. We shall need to take care in how we approach them both, and how much detail we share with the others, but I believe it is in the team's best long-term interest to pursue them."

"As to the first: I was approached by Hades, the Greek God of death...

[b]"The second job has only recently been offered to me- I have a little more specific information to offer, and as with the first I agreed to nothing beyond a meeting between yourself and our prospective employer. The person in question is another True Atlantean, like myself and our last employer. Her name is Lateen Ley'verin...
[b]"She alluded to Hades' mission taking place in his prison dimension of Tartarus, and explained that a rune weapon and relic of her clan is being held there.."

"This, in both instances, I feel that my self-interest aligns well with that of the team, but ultimately the decision is yours. I have made my recommendation, and am happy to accompany you to meet with either or both employers as you see fit."

Carl listens to Vheld, "Yes, we can hear what they have to say. I already agreed to accompany you on your trip to recover your minion the first time you brought it up with Thorn, but I cannot commit the team to such a mission before hearing what the exact terms of the mission will be and even if he they convince me to take the mission, it will be up to each individual on whether they will go with us to hell."

Carl thinks for a moment. "I think it is best that you accompany me when I speak to them, although I gained some knowledge of gods and supernatural beings from my encounter with the wraith, you are still the expert in that area. I would hate to offend a client especially a god, but I will not bow down or be degraded by one, so you I will follow you lead on how to handle one. Set up the meetings with both, I guess we should talk to your Atlantean friend before talking to Hades."

Carl listens to anything else Vheld has to say before going to see what the other members are up to and if they need anything from him.
Carl
Constant Effects
Carl
Group Leader

Postby SNAFU » Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:04 pm

Update:

10 days have passed since the Spooks returned from their last mission. Vheld assists Lahz bring his PA through the gates without incident. Projects have been completed, spells learned, music listened to and bottles drunk; the Spooks begins drifting back to HQ. Broke, bored or simply happy in their work the Spooks are ready for a new gig.
    • Snafu is
      :SNA·FU; (snaˈfo͞o): 1. A less than desirable scenario in an environment where similar less than desirable scenarios are the norm. 2. A major glitch. 3. A ridiculously chaotic situation. 4. The natural state of things during combat or wartime.
      5. THE GM OF THE BADDEST (Spooks), TOUGHEST (Roughnecks) MERCS ON EU!!!
        MERC LIFE!
      • William Summers
SNAFU
Game Master

Postby Erg » Wed Apr 20, 2016 1:32 pm

Perception: 1d20+2 = 20 (+3 Involving Magic , Machines , or their Combination)
JIC: 1d20 = 8 , 1d100 = 7

SNAFU wrote:Update:
10 days have passed since the Spooks returned from their last mission. Vheld assists Lahz bring his PA through the gates without incident. Projects have been completed, spells learned, music listened to and bottles drunk; the Spooks begins drifting back to HQ. Broke, bored or simply happy in their work the Spooks are ready for a new gig.

Erg falls in the bold category above .. as he will be happy , but busy in his work for about another ~2 days or so .. Making his nifty / fancy footwear 8)
Erg Flux
Status
Erg
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Whisper » Wed Apr 20, 2016 2:16 pm

Perception: 1d20+2 = 4
Just in Case d20: 1d20 = 15;JIC d100: 1d100 = 67

After cleaning herself up, Lily throws on some clothes and goes to check on how the repairs to her Mecha-Knight are going. Her bruised behind from being tossed in her room slows her progress, however.

Holy hell my rear hurts. The hell happened? Oh. Ow. Fuck fuck fuck.

She looks for a comm to contact the rest of the group.

"Hey, a-anyone in the base? Can someone tell me if the stupid Mecha-knight's fixed?" And if she gets an answer, Lily will simply reply, "Thanks."
Whisper

Forcefield 160/160
Whisper

Postby SNAFU » Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:43 am

Whisper wrote:
"Hey, a-anyone in the base? Can someone tell me if the stupid Mecha-knight's fixed?" And if she gets an answer, Lily will simply reply, "Thanks."

Whisper can be told or discover for herself with a bit of looking that her P.A. had been returned from the dealers a few days previously and is now in storage at the Gates of Merctown.
    • Snafu is
      :SNA·FU; (snaˈfo͞o): 1. A less than desirable scenario in an environment where similar less than desirable scenarios are the norm. 2. A major glitch. 3. A ridiculously chaotic situation. 4. The natural state of things during combat or wartime.
        MERC LIFE!
      • William Summers
SNAFU
Game Master

Postby Carl » Mon Apr 25, 2016 3:37 pm

((Rolls Carried Over))

Carl calls all members over the radio, "Everyone please call in or check in at the Haunt and give me your status on whatever you are doing and how long it will be before you are completed. There may be a mission in our near future and I want to make sure that everyone will be available and prepared." While waiting for everyone to reply, Carl relaxes in the common room.
Carl
Constant Effects
Carl
Group Leader

Postby Vheld » Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:31 pm

JIC: 1d20 = 2, 1d100 = 85
PER: 1d20+5 = 9

Erg wrote:"Vheld , there you are. Haven't seen you in like a week. I'd like to discuss working with you on a project proposal for Carl."]

At some point before or after meeting with Carl, Vheld replies. "Certainly. My studies at the guild are concluded for the moment, and so I have a little free time until our next mission. However, my duties as a senior member of this team will likely keep me busy. What specifically do you require from me for your next... project?"

Vheld will help how he can, but his experience with techno-wizardry is limited to using it, so more likely he won't be able to offer much more than (possibly) spells he can cast that might produce the effects of interest.

During his meeting with Carl, Vheld nods. "Certainly. An audience is all that is required at the present time. I shall make the arrangements." The shifter will contact Lateen at the guild (phone? e-mail? not sure what MT has at this point), and arrange a meeting between her, himself, and Carl at everyone's earliest convenience. Should any of his teammates be... out of sorts at the time of the meeting, Vheld will have one of his minions gently but unceremoniously sweep the offender out of the way.
Stay back!
  • 1 1000/1000 S'shir
  • 1 1000/1000 Brokswa
Vheld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Lahz » Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:11 pm

Radio wrote:"Just landed back at Merctown's front gates. I believe all assigned tasks have been completed ... I have a couple errands to run and a date with a plate of ribs tonight ... otherwise ready to head out.
Lahz D'Gemmel

Worn:
NG RA5 Arrow Ride Armor

Lahz
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Erg » Tue Apr 26, 2016 5:24 pm

Perception: 1d20+2 = 20 (+3 Involving Magic , Machines , or their Combination)
JIC: 1d20 = 10 , 1d100 = 28

Erg responds to Carl: "Jack here. I'll be available."

- - - - -

Vheld wrote:At some point before or after meeting with Carl, Vheld replies. "Certainly. My studies at the guild are concluded for the moment, and so I have a little free time until our next mission. However, my duties as a senior member of this team will likely keep me busy. What specifically do you require from me for your next... project?"

"Thanks. Yes, we are both busy as is the team. I understand scheduling will be a challenge, and might take a while to complete the project ... Carl asked me for a project that would help him with both stealth and defense. It occurred to me that there was a single thing that could do both of those things at once. A region of spacetime that constrains the incremental deformation of closed surfaces. A wormhole. Showing what's on the other side instead of what is between, gives him stealth. Attacks that travel to the other side instead of what is between, gives him defense. On our last mission you demonstrated your own mastery of a purely arcane means for this on larger scales, distances, etc. I'd like your assistance in transcribing that on a much smaller scale , over much shorter distances, and between predefined points. It will take some time. But, we should be able to create a matched pair of quantum entangled devices that will allow him to activate a similar effect. A small short range worm hole on either side of himself. This will give him both the defense and the stealth he asked for... Soo , what do you think?"

Probably won't have time to do much IC work on it before the next mission .. But at least will get the ball rolling and such.
Erg Flux
Status
Erg
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby SNAFU » Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:27 am

Day 11
Lateen is clearly glad to hear from Vheld (OOC: there is a phone network, but if your not signed up I like to think they use a system of note passing street urchins.) her reply is delivered quickly and the meeting is set up for the next morning.

The Meeting:
Lateen is less relaxed then she seemed just the other day. Something has clearly made her anxious.

"After you left I contacted our intelligence network; I was hoping to find some leverage to aid your mission. The situation has changed... probably not to our benefit. Apparently there has been a rebellion within the pocket dimension of Tartarus. A prison break if you will. This is unfortunately the location of the object we seek and will undoubtedly complicate its retrieval. The Lord Hades will have his hands full and may not have patience for negotiations. On the other hand he may require assistance and reward those who offer it." Lateen pauses for a moment as she pulls out three maps.

"Without the help of the God of the Dead, the only entrance available to Deific Hades is located at Avernus in the hellish regions ruled by the Demon Lord Succor-Behemoth. There one must travel down through the cavernous depths to find the entrance to the chthonic land of the dead, and further descent will be required to reach the prison of Tartarus. This is where my clan's birthright is held."

"Our sources suggest the 'break' was achieved by harnessing the power of the Rifts here on Earth. We have traced the culprits to this location, in Eastern Europe. The three red circles represent nexus points which have been controlled via stone pyramids or something similar. A major problem is that the nexus complex eliminates all ambient mystic energy within 100 km of the island."

"We are not certain how you should proceed, but it is clear the sooner the better. If Master Vheld can use his connection to Hades so much the better. Our intelligence is limited to the above, but if you have any questions I will do my best to answer them."
    • Snafu is
        MERC LIFE!
      • William Summers
SNAFU
Game Master

Postby Carl » Fri Apr 29, 2016 3:12 pm

Perception: 1d20+7 = 16
JIC D20: 1d20 = 2; D100: 1d100 = 45
SNAFU wrote:Day 11
Lateen is clearly glad to hear from Vheld (OOC: there is a phone network, but if your not signed up I like to think they use a system of note passing street urchins.) her reply is delivered quickly and the meeting is set up for the next morning.

The Meeting:
Lateen is less relaxed then she seemed just the other day. Something has clearly made her anxious.

"After you left I contacted our intelligence network; I was hoping to find some leverage to aid your mission. The situation has changed... probably not to our benefit. Apparently there has been a rebellion within the pocket dimension of Tartarus. A prison break if you will. This is unfortunately the location of the object we seek and will undoubtedly complicate its retrieval. The Lord Hades will have his hands full and may not have patience for negotiations. On the other hand he may require assistance and reward those who offer it." Lateen pauses for a moment as she pulls out three maps.

"Without the help of the God of the Dead, the only entrance available to Deific Hades is located at Avernus in the hellish regions ruled by the Demon Lord Succor-Behemoth. There one must travel down through the cavernous depths to find the entrance to the chthonic land of the dead, and further descent will be required to reach the prison of Tartarus. This is where my clan's birthright is held."

"Our sources suggest the 'break' was achieved by harnessing the power of the Rifts here on Earth. We have traced the culprits to this location, in Eastern Europe. The three red circles represent nexus points which have been controlled via stone pyramids or something similar. A major problem is that the nexus complex eliminates all ambient mystic energy within 100 km of the island."

"We are not certain how you should proceed, but it is clear the sooner the better. If Master Vheld can use his connection to Hades so much the better. Our intelligence is limited to the above, but if you have any questions I will do my best to answer them."

Carl shows no emotion as he listens. Once she finishes her pitch, Carl answer hers. "This short time-frame is not something I expected when I agreed to this meeting, but we are willing to adapt. The increase in an already highly dangerous situation is also something that I did not expect, but as I said before, we are willing to adapt. The time-frame does not bother me as much as the increased danger, we were already going in somewhat blind, but now we are walking in to a far more chaotic situation than we expected, that might or might not work to our benefit; time will tell. With this new information, the original offer will not be enough, but the increase in your offer does not have to be in a monetary form. A promise of a future favor or something of equal value to our spell casters can serve as an increase to your offer.

We do not know what Hades will offer or if he will provide a means to enter other than the one that you have pointed out. So, until we hear otherwise we will assume that we will have to enter through the location at Avernus. Now if you can offer something of value equal to the increased danger, I would say that we have a tentative deal. I say tentative because I would like to know what we are after to see if it is even possible to collect it or them."

As he waits for her to answer him, Carl looks to Vheld to see if he has any questions for her. "You have a better idea of what we are getting into than I do, what do you think and do you have any questions for her?"
Carl
Constant Effects
Carl
Group Leader

Next

Return to The Hub