Hangouts

Fan art, fiction, OOC commentary and whatever else you want to chime in with.

Moderator: Augur

Hangouts

Postby Tiree » Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:26 pm

Mass E-Mail Sent Out wrote:Update your profile to include your hangouts contact info. As there is no "button field" for Hangouts, post your gmail address, but without the "@gmail.com" so as to avoid the bots.

If you don't like that, do it anyway, then lobby Tiree to alter the X-static board preferences to include a Hangouts button field. :D

So a mass e-mail was sent out to have folks update their profile with their Hangouts contact information.

There are basically five options for Hangouts on the board, none of them are great. But these are the options, and I want to get people's opinion on them.

1. Use Jabber Field: We can use the Jabber field in the control panel for hangouts. If you submit the full Hangout e-mail address, it will list it properly.
  2. Create a Custom Field: I can create a custom field, it will display on every post your hangout information. It is also located away from the contact area on your profile (and looks funky IMO).
  3. Character Sheet: Which should probably be updated already with your Hangout information. Just place it under your Yahoo or even replace it. Since we know it's Hangouts, you don't need to use your full e-mail address.
  4. Signature: Like the Character Sheet - add it to your signature
  5. AOL or MSN: Like the Jabber field, we can use one of these fields. It doesn't require the full e-mail address to work. It does bring up a dialog box (an extra step) to find your Hangout ID.

I want to go over Jabber a bit more before people jump on any of these. If we utilize Jabber (which I am not sure we are if we put some text in that location), in theory it would send messages to your IM account. Just like you get e-mail notifications for subscribed threads, you would get notified via instant messenger/hangouts. You can find more about Jabber here: https://www.jabber.org/

I personally think we should definitely do option 3. It's a no brainer IMO, and we should probably have Augur update your EP Ledgers with the information as well. I like Option 1 and 5 myself, means less hassle for me. Option 1 provides quick glance at your e-mail address for Hangouts, while Option 5 requires a bit more digging.
Tiree
Admin

Re: Hangouts

Postby CS High Command » Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:44 am

I personally do 1 and 3.
"Be strong and do as you will. The swords of others will set you your limits." (Marauders of Gor, p.10)
"Yippee-ki-yay magic lovers." Lt. John Freeman, CS110 at the Sorocco Skirmish of May 110PA

(Many thanks to SNAFU for the basis of my new AVATAR!)
CS High Command
Game Master

Postby Tatyana Singh » Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:57 pm

I'm doing 3 and an option 6, which is to have my hangout under interests.
A monster to kill monsters

HP: 36/36
SDC: 53/53
PPE: 127/107
Horror Factor: 12
Tatyana Singh

Postby Zoe Barenger » Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:17 am

I did option 3. It seems pretty straight forward.
Zoe Barenger
Assistant Game Master

Return to Out of Character Topics