SPELL OF LEGEND CANONICAL REVISIONMetamorphosis: DragonLevel:
Spell of LegendRange:
Self or Another up to 100 miles away (by ritual).Duration:
Varies: 1d6 hours per level of the Caster. 6 hours per level using Scale or Tooth from any dragon. 12 hours/Lvl of the Caster using Blood of a Dragon no more than 1 week old (1 ounce/vial). A scale, tooth, or blood from a Dragonwright grant 24 hours per level. Rarity and difficulty obtaining is tremendous. A normal tooth will usually garner about 10,000 gold, bones about 10,000 gold per pound (4.5 kg), dragon blood, about 8000 gold per ounce, and a dragon skull (usually turned into a magical helm), 200,000 gold! Dragonwright material is priceless and comes with its own restrictions depending on the dragon it is retrieved from. All resource are not consumed in casting, but rather are a foci unless designated to be consumed by the caster.Saving Throw:
None or save vs ritual if cast unwilling on another.Special:
Some Component Required to enhance spell!! P.P.E.:
2000 (200 PPE less per ounce of dragon blood consumed in casting. Only 250 PPE if 1 ounce of Dragonwright material is consumed in casting! Normal dragon scales, teeth, or bones have no additional effect if consumed in casting.)
- Physical Attributes: The dragon form has the maximum P.S., P.P., P.E. and Speed attributes of a member from that race or the caster’s own, whichever is higher. Speed of flight is also maximum for that type.
- : +800 SDC and +200 SDC /Level of Caster and +400 HP and +100 HP/Level. A.R.: Per Dragons and Gods Book for Draconic Race (Add together for MDC realms)
- HF: Per Dragons and Gods Book for Draconic Race
- Natural Abilities, Breath Weapons, Special attacks, See Invisible, Night Vision, Teleportation, Dimensional Teleport, Bio-Regeneration, etc. (in addition to one's own skills and magic abilities): Per Draconic Race
- Magic: Only caster’s own magic knowledge usable. Necromancer’s can combine a dragon skull with this spell to gain dragons spell knowledge as per Necromancer’s OCC abilities.
- Combat Bonuses: Per Dragons and Gods Book for Draconic Race in addition to below Dragon HTH (RUE pg 349) equal to casters level x1.5 round up. Caster chooses to use either their own HTH skill or Dragon HTH. Cannot be combined with any other HtH skill. i.e 6th level caster is equal to lvl 9 Dragon HTH.
Level 1: Starts with three attacks per melee (plus any R.C.C. bonus) instinctively knows the following attack types: Bite, punch, kick, Claw Swipe, and standard use of breath weapon (counts as one melee attack): +2 to roll with impact. and +1 to pull punch. Dragon metamorphosis takes one melee (15 seconds).
Level 2: +2 to parry and dodge. and gains the Tail Slap, Wing Attack Basic, and Crush.
Level 3: Dragon metamorphosis takes half a melee round (7 seconds), and Tail Slap Power Strike.
Level 4: +1 additional attack per melee round, gains Bite & Grip, and Tail Sweep.
Level 5: +1 to strike and parry, +2 to dodge in flight, and gains Tail Parry.
Level 6: +1 to Spell Strength, gains the Wing Sweep and Grappling Hold
Level 7: Gains Wing Attack. Advanced, is +2 to disarm, +2 to entangle, and +2 to pull punch.
Level 8: + 1 attack per melee round, +1 to strike and parry, +1 to dodge in flight, gains the Wing Gliding Sweep Attack.
Level 9: Gains Breath Weapon Concentrated Beam, +1 to roll with impact and pull punch, and an additional +5% to Dimensional Teleport (a natural ability).
Level 10: Gains Teleport Dodge, +1 on initiative, and Critical Strike on an unmodified 19-20.
Level 11: +2 to dodge in flight, and +1 to Spell strength.
Level 12: +1 attack per melee, +1 to strike, and +1 to Teleport Dodge.
Level 13: Gains Breath Weapon Cone, and +1 on initiative.
Level 14: +1 to Teleport Dodge and +1 to pull punch.
Level 15: +1 to Spell Strength.
- Dragon Delusion: Save vs insanity each time spell is cast, failure means that for the duration of the spell and an additional 1d6 hours afterwards the character is under the delusion that they are a dragon! Three unsuccessful saves mean the delusion is permanent. Note number of failures under insanity on character sheet.
- Dragon Sickness: Save vs insanity each time spell is cast, failure means that for the duration of the spell the character develops an obsession with the accumulation of physical wealth. If the character is permanently affected by Dragon Delusion he is also affected with this insanity.